Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
October 22, 2014, 08:19:49 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
RPGFan Community Quiz!
Persona 3 FES Quiz is now OVER!
Winner was user: Monsoon!
334682 Posts in 13706 Topics by 2200 Members
Latest Member: Rgeneb1
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  RPGFan Message Boards
|-+  Media
| |-+  Single-Player RPGs
| | |-+  Fire Emblem 3DS
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 29 30 [31] 32 33 ... 44 Print
Author Topic: Fire Emblem 3DS  (Read 71089 times)
Ranadiel

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #450 on: March 29, 2013, 07:10:00 AM »

Well a new Spotpass character is up. I like how they are actually somewhat varying the reason you can recruit these people.

Code:
So Yen'Fe is an alternate universe version. Which is different from Emm who survived with permeneant damage. And that is different from Wallace who is probably a self aware Risen. And that is different from Gangrel who.....is never really explained. I guess he just ran away. Just two more characters left now.  

We are also getting pretty close to the Bonds DLC being released aren't we? I mean there are only two maps from the first DLC series left, and I doubt they are going to take a long break between DLC series like they did in Japan. Soon I shall begin my epic grind fest!

Edit: Hopefully fixed my tags. X_X
« Last Edit: March 29, 2013, 10:35:50 AM by Ranadiel » Logged
Aeolus
This is the Monado's Powerbomb!

Little did he know, the fall damage would KO him.

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #451 on: March 29, 2013, 04:19:26 PM »

Quoting from the bottom of the previous page since I'm sure we've got some Eurofans out there waiting for this.

That said, I've inadvertently hit a minor speed bump in that most of my active roster (including my Avatar) have all been demoted to basic classes which have made them more or less worthless against some of the latest DLC fights like Rogue and Redeemers 1 where everybody is either toting Legendaries or Brave Super Forges, except for my guys who are slinging around, at best Silver level weaponry, and at worst Iron level and have stats that are 10-15 points lower than the other guys on average.

That said, I got a battle convo out of Smash Brothers Brethren between Morgan and Ephraim, and a talk out of my failed run of R&R1 between Lucina and Seliph. As far as confirmed localization names are concerned, we ended up with Travant instead of Trabant, Narcian instead of Narshen, Loptyr instead of Loputousu, Ishtar remains the same (who fittingly, proceeded to wreck my shit when I tried to bumrush her), and Tirnanog instead of Tilnanogue. The stage itself is Chapter 8 from Path of Radiance, music is from FE3. Smash Brethren's music came from FE9, and its stage continued to be Light part 1 from FE7.

In my vision, I see that one of us is going to KO the other.
Aeolus

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #452 on: April 02, 2013, 10:29:48 PM »

Pardon the Double Post but: http://www.siliconera.com/2013/04/02/why-fire-emblem-awakenings-characters-have-no-feet/

And now the biggest mystery of the Fire Emblem: Awakening is solved.

(Honestly though, with the game's plot as it is, the feetless character models kinda fits with the game's Saturday Morning Cartoon theme).

Klyde Chroma
Lvl. 7 Fruity Ninja and Dincrest groupie

If Hitler was an introvert, he'd be me.

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #453 on: April 03, 2013, 03:05:13 PM »

Pardon the Double Post but: http://www.siliconera.com/2013/04/02/why-fire-emblem-awakenings-characters-have-no-feet/

And now the biggest mystery of the Fire Emblem: Awakening is solved.

(Honestly though, with the game's plot as it is, the feetless character models kinda fits with the game's Saturday Morning Cartoon theme).

Ahhhh, closure at last. That bothered me since I got the game. Albeit silly I know, I just couldn't help but be irked by it. You'd think after 20 some years of enjoying SD characters and whatnot I'd be ok with this but something about those character models lacking feet was just... weird...

Klyde Chroma / XBox Live Network
Triscal-Goddess / PSN
 Remember, DON'T do drugs... an owl will tear your face off.
AuraChannelerChris
The RPG Adventurer

Ultimate RPG Gamer

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #454 on: April 12, 2013, 12:03:12 AM »

Oh, Owain is downright hilarious. I can't believe that's really Lissa's son.

I guess Vaike fits more like the parent than any other guy.

"(Huh. He's been quiet for a while. I wonder what's he thinking?)" ~Made by yours truly~
Youtube Channel - Current Walkthrough: The Wonderful 101
Aeolus

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #455 on: April 12, 2013, 01:14:10 AM »

Meanwhile, we're jumping right in to the second season of DLC which, by my estimation, I figure that there's going to be about 6-7 weeks left of content (with 2 weeks before the post game stages and DLC characters are done, and 13 weeks for the DLC weapons at the current rate (today/yesterday was the last day for the DLC Double Duels content)).

Ranadiel

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #456 on: April 12, 2013, 07:30:37 AM »

I was expecting them to move straight into the season 2, but I was hoping for the bonds DLC first. Oh well three weeks till bonds I suppose then.

As an aside, I disliked the Spring of Truth paralogue. I first tried it with my normal team and then the NPC attacked the gods twice in one turn and died before I realized she was that stupid. Next time through just used spotpass characters that I haven't touched for half my team so that the mirrors were wimps.
Aeolus

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #457 on: April 12, 2013, 01:16:35 PM »

I was expecting them to move straight into the season 2, but I was hoping for the bonds DLC first. Oh well three weeks till bonds I suppose then.

As an aside, I disliked the Spring of Truth paralogue. I first tried it with my normal team and then the NPC attacked the gods twice in one turn and died before I realized she was that stupid. Next time through just used spotpass characters that I haven't touched for half my team so that the mirrors were wimps.

I just bum rushed Team Ditto and made sure that the guest character got a chance to take a swing at her queen doppeloplepolis by cornering her off while keeping the real deal healed.

AuraChannelerChris
The RPG Adventurer

Ultimate RPG Gamer

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #458 on: April 14, 2013, 07:31:04 PM »

And today's Maribelle's birthday! Discuss about her.

"(Huh. He's been quiet for a while. I wonder what's he thinking?)" ~Made by yours truly~
Aeolus

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #459 on: April 14, 2013, 07:45:31 PM »

She's a bitch to rescue on Lunatic or higher.

You can pair her up with Donnel to make a Brady with a Luck cap over 50.

She has a very Staff oriented class set.

Once you can buy Restore/Ward/Rescue/Physic staffs she won't have too much trouble gaining Exp for her since Pegasus Knight and Dark Flier are the only classes she has that cannot use Staffs and the higher end Staffs give a ton of Exp per use.

She likes Lissa a lot.

AuraChannelerChris
The RPG Adventurer

Ultimate RPG Gamer

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #460 on: April 15, 2013, 02:35:34 AM »

She's a bitch to rescue on Lunatic or higher.
Ironically, you get a Rescue staff before that chapter starts. Both she and Ricken can be rescued at the same time.

Aeolus

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #461 on: April 18, 2013, 09:19:45 PM »

http://gematsu.com/2013/04/luigis-mansion-dark-moon-us-sales-reach-415000

Don't mind the link headlining Luigi's Mansion. Apparently FE:Awakening is continuing to do well even though it has slowed down considerably in March.

Blace

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #462 on: April 19, 2013, 11:13:08 AM »

Nice to see Fire Emblem get the sales it deserves. Awakening has passed the lifetime sales of Shadow Dragon (210,000 was reported earlier this year) in just 2 months. Bravo Nintendo, especially considering there's far less 3DS's sold than there was DS's when Shadow Dragon came out.

AuraChannelerChris
The RPG Adventurer

Ultimate RPG Gamer

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #463 on: April 20, 2013, 04:45:22 PM »

So let's discuss about Lucina, since it's her birthday today! Please remember that she's the most spoilerific character in the game.

She's just as clumsy as her father... Success?
« Last Edit: April 20, 2013, 08:27:00 PM by AuraChannelerChris » Logged

Aeolus

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #464 on: April 20, 2013, 10:49:20 PM »

Code:
She's kinda weird in terms of series lords since losing her doesn't entail a gameover like every other main lord or lord-like in the series.

She's also odd in that she's the only lord in the series who can change depending on what you do in the game since you ultimately have 6 different possibilities for her to turn out into which makes rating her even harder since you have to determine who the mother is (and in the Avatar's case, the Avatar's chosen loadout). In comparison, not even Seliph has that much possibility in starting variable given that his loadout is mostly fixed to his parents Sigurd and Deirdre (the former of whom will likely ram his level cap of 30 and the latter has barely half a chapter to do anything and can't even promote). Admittedly Leif has a bit more leeway in terms of inheritance but in his case he isn't a main lord or even holy weapon user in FE4. Also his parents both leave by around the end of chapter 3 anyways so they'll both be lucky to promote before they leave (actually, now I'm curious as to what happens when it comes time to recruit Lief if you had let Finn die before the timeskip, let both of his parents suck and die, and didn't bother to pair Raquesis and/or also fed her to the wolves or paired her to Arden while both are sittin' on the bench; most likely a very annoying Leonster rush). And none of the other lords even have an opportunity to be different given that they almost always join at the very start of their games/parts.

As for actual game performance, since she joins after chapter 13 no questions asked, she will always have the opportunity to join in on the active party without slowing you down too much unless you perform some kind of crazy minimalist screwage to insure her base stats are as low as possible (even then they'll be better than Chrom's base stats which he'll have if you're going for said screwage). Chances are though that she won't be stat screwed and her lower level will let her gain levels quickly enough to match or surpass her parents and the team (barring Donnel if you're using him). Moreover her version of the Falchion is actually really good in of its own right (comparable to a Silver Sword in might and +5 in crit chance, has Dragon and Dark Dragon effectiveness, usable as an item to heal HP, and has infinite uses) though it doesn't get better like Chrom's does. Her version of the Lord class has slightly different caps than her father's by having higher speed and skill over strength and defense but given what children inherit in terms of caps, this is mostly a moot point outside of the generally higher speed. In terms of skills, outside of Charisma which eventually gets outclassed by later skills, the Lord's skill set is amazing and the fact that Lucina can supplement that with stuff like Galeforce or Astra makes it all the better. The rest of her father's classes aren't really all that impressive though as Aegis, Defender, and Luna are okay and Bowbreaker is good if you've got a flying class but Tomebreaker is also needed to assemble a not Iote Shield and without that you're only bypassing the less threatening of the two flier threats.

In terms of inheritance, her best mother is the Female Avatar (passes down all the standard female classes including the Myrmidon, Mercenary, Pegasus Knight, and Dark Mage class trees; Morgan also appreciates Rightful King)>>>>>>>>>>>Olivia=Sumia (the former may only pass down two class trees but they are Myrmidon and Peg Knight, she also gets even more Myrmidon-like with her gains and caps which is good for maintaining doubling capacity; the latter passes down three classes but Knight overlaps with Cavalier and Cleric is kinda useless to Lucina; Inigo also appreciates Rightful King and Cynthia doesn't have too many good fathers to choose from)>Maribelle (gives really high Luck to Lucina and Brady which will be nice for Miracle procs and Brady will appreciate Rightful King for even more Miracle but beyond that, easy staff experience later on, and potential Galeforce Maribelle is kind of a wash)>>Sully (only two additional class trees for Lucina and no Peg Knight in sight is kinda underwhelming and the stat caps make her more like her father than otherwise; Kjelle will still get three class trees out of the deal and Aether but she wont appreciate the Cav overlap at all)>>>>>>>>>>>Random Female Villager (Lucina gets absolutely nothing, she loses, good day!).

So at the end of the day, Lucina is solid for the most part (barring a RFV pairing and/or a bad Chrom which makes her terrible or an Avatar pairing which makes her fantastic) and comes usable right out of the box and with room to grow in barring shenanigans like Lunatic or Lunatic+. However, due to her lack of vitality, she's almost just as easily replaceable with any of the Marths (especially DLC Marth who comes with a free Aptitude skill and the Male Avatar's reclass set plus lord-alike Lodestar which even allows him to equip Lucina's Falchion (not certain about Chrom's)) although she will still have Supports over any of the Marths.

Pages: 1 ... 29 30 [31] 32 33 ... 44 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: