Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
October 31, 2014, 02:15:58 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
RPGFan Community Quiz!
Persona 3 FES Quiz is now OVER!
Winner was user: Monsoon!
335242 Posts in 13726 Topics by 2200 Members
Latest Member: Rgeneb1
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  RPGFan Message Boards
|-+  Media
| |-+  Single-Player RPGs
| | |-+  Fire Emblem 3DS
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 30 31 [32] 33 34 ... 44 Print
Author Topic: Fire Emblem 3DS  (Read 73257 times)
AuraChannelerChris
The RPG Adventurer

Ultimate RPG Gamer

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #465 on: April 21, 2013, 02:10:31 AM »

That's a hell big spoiler box right there.

"(Huh. He's been quiet for a while. I wonder what's he thinking?)" ~Made by yours truly~
Youtube Channel - Current Walkthrough: The Wonderful 101
Ranadiel

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #466 on: April 21, 2013, 08:58:00 AM »

I'm a day late for Lucina's birthday, but might as well jump in a little.

Code:
I would really rank Olivia above Sumia due to class spread, but otherwise that looks about right.

Persoanlly I like pairing Lucina with the avatar to get a Morgan with Aether.....sadly I don't have a lot else to throw in about her.

Spent yesterday playing to get a few conversations that would be a pain in the rear to get in my next two planned runs (pairing Mariebelle and Chrom, Avatar and Olivia, and the subsequent convos). Then I did some grinding to get Renown, finally getting the Tiki's Tear reward. I might grind to get the boots later, but I'm not sure yet. Also I just realized that the next set of DLC is probably going to be the Future pack rather than the Bonds pack because while the first Bonds pack was before the Future pack, the other two were after it. So another two weeks till I likely get started on my grindy playthroughs. x_x
AuraChannelerChris
The RPG Adventurer

Ultimate RPG Gamer

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #467 on: April 25, 2013, 12:25:07 PM »

Today's Laurent's birthday!

Let's all make stacks of books capable of killing people.

(Oddly, Maribelle got two stat boost scenes one after another).

Also, at least for us North Americans, we get the start of the Scramble Pack series with the Harvest Scramble, along with another map and the last SpotPass character.
« Last Edit: April 25, 2013, 12:28:53 PM by AuraChannelerChris » Logged

"(Huh. He's been quiet for a while. I wonder what's he thinking?)" ~Made by yours truly~
Aeolus
This is the Monado's Powerbomb!

Little did he know, the fall damage would KO him.

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #468 on: April 25, 2013, 07:31:22 PM »

Today's Laurent's birthday!

Let's all make stacks of books capable of killing people.

(Oddly, Maribelle got two stat boost scenes one after another).

Also, at least for us North Americans, we get the start of the Scramble Pack series with the Harvest Scramble, along with another map and the last SpotPass character.

Laurent:
He can't ever obtain Galeforce.
He'll have the Dark Mage class tree no matter what.
He's the best father to sire a Morgan with the highest possible Magic cap
Code:
(although Emmeryn confers better class selections due to conceiving a female Morgan instead as well as better Magic growths (Emmeryn has the defacto best Magic growth rate in the game) Aggressor still makes male Morgan the more heavy hitting magic user).
He's kinda boring support-wise.
And there's a Goddess staff available in his stage if you manage to make it to every village in his paralogue chapter.

Anywhos. I just cleared the Roster Rescue DLC and on the first go too. The stage was mostly pedestrian, save for losing Owain early due to being unable to link him up with Morgan soon enough (due to starting placements leaving an odd guy out on both sides) so Morgan had to go it alone (not like he gave any fucks thanks to Limit Breaker, Galeforce, Armsthrift, and enough Luck to toss around forged Braves with impunity (although he got far more millage out of his Spear which wasn't forged unforgenately)). Things did get dicey on the turn where the stage finally allows you a shot at the Risen who are mission critical to obtaining Palla, namely due to the way my team had been progressing through the stage left most of my peeps in the middle with only My Avatar paired with Rallybot Lissa, Swordmaster Kjelle (with her usual legendary loadout of Amatsu and Sol Katti along with a Silver Sword and Seliph's Blade for when she's bringing up the rear since her Armsthrift doesn't quite guarantee the maintenance of the legendaries) paired with Great Knight Brady armed only with Silver were the closest to the escaping Risen (although My Avatar wasn't quite in range and even if she could get there both she and Lissa would get dogpiled with the boss and about half a dozen other guys, and Kjelle and/or Brady still had a line of Generals to punch through and neither could guarantee a kill to proc either of their Galeforces with), also three of the five Risen would escape on the enemy phase of that turn. Fortunately for me though I had the foresight to prepare for such unfortunate circumstances. Namely that my most recent class change for my Avatar was aimed squarely at Sorcerer so that she was carting around both Nosferatu and Mire on top of the B-ranked Anima tomes, so since I couldn't get into the range of the enemy I picked a soft target to siege asshat and proc her Galeforce, then I attacked Risen #1 with my Sage Rallybot Lissa, then after carefully making sure I had my Avatar equip Nosferatu, then I had Lissa eliminate Risen #2 so that they would end their turn with Lissa on top to tank as many hits for my Avatar as possible and I hoped for the best for the coming enemy phase. Meanwhile, on Kjelle's front, a funny thing I noticed was that the previous turn I had begun to split Falcon Knight Noire/Dark Knight Severa off of the main pack so that Noire could use Locktouch on the chests for their ultimately crappy loot and between the two of them I was able to Galeforce the two of them over to the General Wall guarding Risen #4 and punched a hole through the further General (as I was being mindful of the moving restrictions regarding the collapsing walls) then I had Kjelle and Brady wipe Risen #s 3 & 4 (and Risen #5 was taken care of by, let's say, Chrom). Enemy phase came around which became the make or break of the run due to Avatar's mission critical status and her ensuing dogpiling. Ultimately thanks to Lissa proccing Miracle on the boss's attack she was able to take one more bullet for Avatar from a Sniper and then she still had to tank four Generals any of whom could proc Aegis and if enough of them procced then Nosferatu wouldn't have been able to offset the damage my Avatar was taking, there was also a Battle Monk with enough Resistance to outright neuter Avatar's attacks. Fortunately though thanks to all the Generals being fresh, their Vengeance procs did nothing (as if my Avatar needed to tank more damage) and a few lucky Ignis procs enabled my Avatar to survive with roughly the same amount of health that she had started with and on the proceeding turn I managed to get Cynthia down there to transfer Gerome to my Avatar so that she had somebody covering her again then she proceeded to tank the second round of attacks, barely surviving in the process but either way my Avatar was safe and barring any bad luck with Chrom (who spent the last turn getting roughed up himself) I was home free. Of course Risen #s 6 & 7 spawned in and they were Counter assholes and beefier than the other Risen, to the point where to one round one of them with Lucina, I needed to have her reach into her father's pockets and pull out a Blessed Bow for the extra effective damage, then Morgan swooped in and with only an assist from Lucina one rounded Risen #7 securing the prize, the stage (more or less), and the team's list of dirty secrets.

The tl;dr of the above wall o' text is that Nosfertanking and Sorcerers in general are broken ass motherfuckers.

Now to take on the final Paralogue.

(Also, apparently there's a bit of an unfortunate glitch involving the Roster Rescue and Inigo which causes the screen to wig out a bit when he makes his comment for the stage.)

In my vision, I see that one of us is going to KO the other.
Ranadiel

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #469 on: April 26, 2013, 06:48:04 AM »

Ran the new paralogue, it was kind of hilarious. I only brought about half of the characters that the map allows and then paired them up. Despite the insane number of enemies, my Donnel and Inigo basically slaughtered half of them since both of them are insanely over powered in my save.

Tried the new Scramble map on my newer file. I ended up losing as the boss countered my avatar to death. Not sure how good this map is really going to be for grinding supports as I had hoped it would be. Still useful for grinding for master seals early I suppose. Later ones might still be good for seeds of trust though, depending on how quickly they go.

As for Laurent, he's freaking boring and has the most boring mom. End of discussion. :p
Aeolus

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #470 on: April 26, 2013, 07:34:51 AM »

As for Laurent, he's freaking boring and has the most boring mom. End of discussion. :p

Miriel actually turned out fairly well for me during the main game given that she got so much Speed and Magic that she was a dodging and nuking machine (and she ended up being my Bronze Medalist behind Donnel and Chrom upon my first completion). Focus + Thunder Magic = Crits.

AuraChannelerChris
The RPG Adventurer

Ultimate RPG Gamer

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #471 on: April 26, 2013, 11:30:08 AM »

Miriel actually turned out fairly well for me during the main game given that she got so much Speed and Magic that she was a dodging and nuking machine (and she ended up being my Bronze Medalist behind Donnel and Chrom upon my first completion). Focus + Thunder Magic = Crits.
To make a point, she critical-ed the final boss for a whopping 45 HP with a Thoron tome.

Ranadiel

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #472 on: April 27, 2013, 07:36:10 AM »

Let me rephrase, both of them have the most boring personalities/supports in the game. :p I have no idea of how useful either of them are in actual combat as I made my team selections based on how much I like characters rather than how useful they were.
Aeolus

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #473 on: April 27, 2013, 08:47:09 PM »

Let me rephrase, both of them have the most boring personalities/supports in the game. :p I have no idea of how useful either of them are in actual combat as I made my team selections based on how much I like characters rather than how useful they were.

IIRC, Miriel has at least one or two decent pairings with Ricken and/or Lon'qu (or at least she can be one more outlet for the quirky that is the Frederick/Donnel/Gregor/Henry support pack) which is still more than what Laurent gets (or the non pair-able folks, especially miss "Let me tell you all about Mar-Mar" Tiki).

Raze

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #474 on: May 01, 2013, 07:15:13 PM »

Have some Hector and silly faces.

http://awkwardzombie.com/index.php?page=0&comic=042913
AuraChannelerChris
The RPG Adventurer

Ultimate RPG Gamer

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #475 on: May 05, 2013, 11:34:55 AM »

And today's Morgan's birthday! Discuss about the only child (or grandchild) with the hugest potential to become the best unit in the game.

Aeolus

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #476 on: May 05, 2013, 10:01:59 PM »

And today's Morgan's birthday! Discuss about the only child (or grandchild) with the hugest potential to become the best unit in the game.

Female Morgan has so many more options than Male Morgan for best results.

Female Morgan can be sired by a Male Avatar and either Nowi, Nah, or Tiki to produce a Manakete Morgan, Panne to produce a Taguel Morgan, Aversa to produce a Morgan with Shadowgift, Lucina to produce a Morgan with Aether, Olivia to produce a Morgan with Luck +4, Donnel for Aptitude, a Ricken sired Noire to produce a Female Morgan with the highest Mag cap possible, either a Lon`qu sired Kjelle or Severa to produce a Female Morgan with the highest Skill cap possible, a Kellam sired Nah to produce a Morgan with the highest Def cap possible, a Libera sired Nah to produce a Female Morgan with the highest Res cap possible.

Whereas a Male Morgan only has Chrom for Rightful King, Walhart for Conquest, Yarne for a Taguel Morgan, Donnel for a Villager Morgan, a Vaike sired Gerome to produce a Morgan with the highest Str cap possible, a Ricken sired Laurent to produce a Male Morgan with the highest Mag cap possible, a Lon`qu sired Yarne to produce either a Male Morgan with the highest Skill cap possible or the Morgan with the highest Spd cap possible, a Donnel sired Brady to produce a Morgan with the highest Luck cap possible, or a Libera sired Brady to produce a Male Morgan with the highest Res cap possible.

Moreover a Female Morgan has to choose to inherit either HP +5, Zeal, Rally Strength, Counter, Despoil, Gamble, Wrath, or Axefaire of which Axefaire, Wrath, Gamble, Zeal, and Rally Strength are of any real interest to a given daughter.

Whereas a Male Morgan has to choose to inherit either Speed +2, Refresh, Rally Speed, Rally Movement, Lancefaire, Galeforce, Resistance +2, Demoiselle, Rally Resistance, or Dual Support+ of which Galeforce is by far and away the best inheritance between both genders with Lancefaire and Dual Support+ being fairly decent in their own right.

And then there's the special class/character skills to inherit such as Aether, Rightful King, Aptitude, Underdog, Luck +4, Special Dance, Even Rhythm, Beastbane, Odd Rhythm, Wyrmsbane, Conquest, Shadowgift.

Or to list in a general order of desire:

Galeforce: Lets you take an extra turn upon killing an enemy during Player Phase.
Rightful King: Straight up adds 10% to other percentage based skill procs.
Shadowgift: Dark Magic is supremely broken in this game and having access to it from 9 classes instead of 2 is hilarious.
Aether: Sol and Luna in one delicious attack.
Dual Support+: Effectively adds +10 to Hit, Evade, Crit, and Crit Evade upon pairing with anyone.
Lance/Axefaire: Adds +5 to your Strength with the appropriate weapon type equipped no matter the strength of the weapon (almost like using a free forged weapon).
Wrath: +20 to Crit at half health or less (situational but there are other skills that play well with this one).
Gamble: +10 to Crit for -5 to Hit (5 hit is the most expendable thing in this game and there's a hojillion ways to make the loss up).
Rally Strength: +4 to Strength and can stack with both Rally Spectrum and Heart for +10; the only male exclusive Rally skill (not as useful on its own but its a higher priority for daughters looking to become full time Rally bots).
Rally Movement: +1 to Move and can stack with Rally Heart for +2.
Zeal: +5 to Crit.
Aptitude: Ram those stat caps even harder; only really useful early on in the child's career (even less so if you actually used Donnel prior to recruiting said child/children).
Counter: Deals damage taken at 1 Range back onto the attacker; only really useful in Double Duel battles since anything felled by it will not relinquish its spoils.
Conquest: Negates effective damage bonuses; much like Counter, its far more useful in the hands of the enemy rather than your own.
Rally Speed: +4 to Speed and can stack with both Rally Spectrum and Heart for +10.
Despoil: Mo' Money.
Demoiselle: Situational; but more avoid is never a bad thing and more than one person can potentially benefit from it.
Odd Rhythm: Really situational; but again, more avoid is never a bad thing.
Even Rhythm: See above (addendum: only slightly less useful given that the fur will typically fly on the first turn rather than the second).
Underdog: The +15 Hit/Avoid doesn't really make up for the condition of being horribly underleveled/not taking Aptitude.
Speed +2: Its more speed.
Luck +4: Its more luck (potentially more Miracle and Armsthrift at least).
HP +5: The only way to bypass the 60/80 HP cap and there's almost no reason to ever bother or care.
Beast/Wyrmsbane: Effective damage but only while as Taguel/Manakete is stupidly situational, especially if you're not sticking to the class.
Resistance +2/Refresh: Who gives a fuck; males/Battle Priests+Clerics straight up get a superior version of said skills.
Special Dance: What is this? I don't even....

The tl;dr is that your Male Avatar only really needs to choose between Wrath, Axefaire, or Rally Strength to pass on to Female Morgan while he sorts through the available ladies whereas Chrom is almost clearly by far and away the best choice for the Female Avatar and her Galeforce using Rightful King Male Morgan. Especially when you consider that the child bearing gen 1 females' children will also benefit from the massive reclass pool that the Male Avatar has available to him whereas only Lucina can benefit from the class selection alongside Male Morgan.

AuraChannelerChris
The RPG Adventurer

Ultimate RPG Gamer

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #477 on: May 06, 2013, 08:19:56 PM »

So female Morgan is the way to go...

Wow, dude, you're incredibly well-informed in this game.

Farron

View Profile WWW Email

Ignore
« Reply #478 on: May 13, 2013, 11:20:16 AM »

I'm so happy today I  though about coming here to share with my fellow RPG fans. I ordered Fire Emblem on February but the site I bought from ran out and I had already payed with paypal, so I decided to wait until they got more. Long story short, I waited until today when they sent me an e-mail and finally my game has been shipped.

I'm amazed by how long this game has been released and it seems people are always finding new info on it. If anything, at least I managed to have time to almost beat Etrian Odyssey IV.

AuraChannelerChris
The RPG Adventurer

Ultimate RPG Gamer

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #479 on: May 14, 2013, 05:13:32 PM »

Today's Cynthia's birthday. I say we dedicate this day to her.

BTW, she got a Log for her special day. She is happy, morbidly enough.

Pages: 1 ... 30 31 [32] 33 34 ... 44 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: