Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
July 28, 2014, 02:35:14 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
RPGFan Community Quiz
Next Quiz Date: January 11, 2014
Subject: 999 (Nintendo DS)
For more information click HERE!
327544 Posts in 13410 Topics by 2169 Members
Latest Member: KopeAcetic
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  RPGFan Message Boards
|-+  Media
| |-+  Single-Player RPGs
| | |-+  Fire Emblem 3DS
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 31 32 [33] 34 35 ... 44 Print
Author Topic: Fire Emblem 3DS  (Read 61276 times)
Aeolus
I'm not evil!

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #480 on: May 14, 2013, 06:07:07 PM »

Today's Cynthia's birthday. I say we dedicate this day to her.

BTW, she got a Log for her special day. She is happy, morbidly enough.

She got a stick in mine.

Either way though, she'll always have Galeforce provided she's ever around since her mother is the only one who can wind up screwed out of a pairing. Henry and Male Avatar are her best fathers followed immediately by Chrom, Gaius is okay but is better spent elsewhere, and Frederick kinda sucks in general but at least she'll have the most Lance using classes possible to maximize the mileage she'll get out of Lancefaire (Great Lord and Conquerer are uninheritable and Villager sucks balls leaving only the Cavalier, Knight, and Pegasus Knight class trees along with Wyvern Lord and Bride).

You've misunderstood me. I just seek your death only because you're in the way of my goal of world conquest. I can't help it that I have evil ambitions and am named Dark Lord. Honest.
Bleaker

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #481 on: May 18, 2013, 10:26:35 PM »

So I invested in this game as my second 3ds purchase, and don't regret it for a second. Except when the damn villagers ran straight into the Risen on Paralog 3. I mean seriously?

Laugh and the world laughs with you.
Weep, and you weep alone.
Aeolus
I'm not evil!

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #482 on: May 19, 2013, 12:16:56 AM »

So I invested in this game as my second 3ds purchase, and don't regret it for a second. Except when the damn villagers ran straight into the Risen on Paralog 3. I mean seriously?

Yeah. You'll want to keep some people on the other side to intercept and eliminate the enemies before the enemies can do the same to the villagers. But it doesn't really matter that much since you only need one villager to make it for the best of the three rewards (the other two are junk).

Meanwhile, there aren't enough deploy slots in Future Past 2 to even get all of the kids' dialog unless Chrom sires one of them since he automatically takes up one of the 12 available spaces. I ended up not getting Yarne's comment towards himself (and Owain's chat with his father Virion since I lost Maribelle on turn 9 then he Frederick and Olivia ate hot death from asshat reinforcements). Meanwhile Future Past 1 has 13 available spaces which can work if you don't mind not having a chat with the boss.

You've misunderstood me. I just seek your death only because you're in the way of my goal of world conquest. I can't help it that I have evil ambitions and am named Dark Lord. Honest.
Bleaker

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #483 on: May 19, 2013, 12:17:18 PM »

So I decided to use my first master seal on Chrom, and I almost freaked out when it lowered him down to level 1. Then I realized it didn't really matter since his stats were around the same as before he did it. When do I get to recruit my troops' kids? I just married Chrom to Sumaria, Virion to Sully, and Lissa to my Avatar. The last one was totally by accident, because I didn't know what was going on.

Annubis

Something something like a tiger

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #484 on: May 19, 2013, 02:20:13 PM »

totally by accident, because I didn't know what was going on.

Yup, that's marriage alright ;)
AuraChannelerChris
The RPG Adventurer

Ultimate RPG Gamer

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #485 on: May 20, 2013, 02:22:53 AM »

So I decided to use my first master seal on Chrom, and I almost freaked out when it lowered him down to level 1. Then I realized it didn't really matter since his stats were around the same as before he did it. When do I get to recruit my troops' kids? I just married Chrom to Sumaria, Virion to Sully, and Lissa to my Avatar. The last one was totally by accident, because I didn't know what was going on.
You start farming those paralogues after Chapter 13 is done.

"(Huh. He's been quiet for a while. I wonder what's he thinking?)" ~Made by yours truly~
Youtube Channel - Current Walkthrough: The Wonderful 101
Bleaker

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #486 on: May 22, 2013, 05:26:39 PM »

Finished Chapter 13 and got like five paralogs. Mind blown. I do have a question about the twist in Chapter 13.

Code:
So if everything post Chapter 11, is two years afterwards. And Lucina is from ten years in the future, doesn't that make her around 12-14? And doesn't that make the kids I'm about to recruit 2? The timeline in this game is odd.

DrGonzo

View Profile WWW Email

Ignore
« Reply #487 on: May 22, 2013, 07:29:13 PM »

Just got a 3DS and Fire Emblem with it a couple of days ago. So far I'm very much enjoying it. I just wish they could fix the Voice Language bug where it'll switch between English and Japanese audio on cutscenes and battles. Also it's hard to gain more money in the game besides selling equipment and those Bullions you pick up out of dead enemies. Are there other ways of getting more money later on in the game? I'm in Chapter 7 or 8 I think.
Aeolus
I'm not evil!

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #488 on: May 22, 2013, 08:19:22 PM »

Finished Chapter 13 and got like five paralogs. Mind blown. I do have a question about the twist in Chapter 13.

Code:
So if everything post Chapter 11, is two years afterwards. And Lucina is from ten years in the future, doesn't that make her around 12-14? And doesn't that make the kids I'm about to recruit 2? The timeline in this game is odd.

Code:
I don't think the proper date is given in regards to that. It would more than likely be closer to twenty years due to the characters physical appearances and the fact that it'd be a far closer reference to matching the amount of time skipped between FE4's generatioins.

Just got a 3DS and Fire Emblem with it a couple of days ago. So far I'm very much enjoying it. I just wish they could fix the Voice Language bug where it'll switch between English and Japanese audio on cutscenes and battles. Also it's hard to gain more money in the game besides selling equipment and those Bullions you pick up out of dead enemies. Are there other ways of getting more money later on in the game? I'm in Chapter 7 or 8 I think.

Bullion is pretty much the main source of capital in the game and the only real source outside of the grinding DLC. Story battles tend to have a Medium or Large Bullion up for grabs but they're typically stored in chests or in the pockets of thieves. Small Bullion, however, can be found in skirmishes (usually ranging from 1 to 4 pieces depending on the level of the fight), and can also be obtained by killing an enemy on the player phase while either equipped with a sword called Leif's Blade or with the Barbarian level 1 skill Despoil (both determine the odds of success based upon the user's Luck stat). On Normal mode you can buy items called Reeking Boxes that cost only 500 gold and can summon a random encounter to the location you use it on which you can fight for a Bullion or two which are worth 1000 a piece (on Hard or above though they cost 4800 to discourage grinding). There's also a DLC only item that halves the price of buying items but its not easy to get until later on. But generally speaking, if you care about maintaining your coffers, you'll eventually get enough characters that can pick up the Barbarian class for the Despoil skill and solve your financial troubles for the most part.

Note: you do not need any of the priced DLC to complete the game.

AuraChannelerChris
The RPG Adventurer

Ultimate RPG Gamer

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #489 on: May 23, 2013, 12:05:21 PM »

And today's Ricken's birthday!

He got a Finn's Lance and a Seliph Sword in my two files.

"(Huh. He's been quiet for a while. I wonder what's he thinking?)" ~Made by yours truly~
Youtube Channel - Current Walkthrough: The Wonderful 101
mjrpgfan

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #490 on: May 23, 2013, 02:07:42 PM »

Anyone looking forward to Fire Emblem for Wii U?

I plan on getting a Wii U for Bayonetta 2, Wonderful 101, Fire Emblem, and possibly other first party games.

Btw I really didn't mean to offend anyone by talking about Lunatic mode strats. Sorry if anyone was offended.
Aeolus
I'm not evil!

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #491 on: May 23, 2013, 04:17:37 PM »

Yes, if only to see how they handle the crossover between it and SMT.

And don't worry about the Lunatic thing as I'm currently running through it with a few caveats to make things interesting like only using Spotpass characters (and Chrom since he's required to be present anyways) and playing it Ironman (though of course losing Chrom does force a gameover but I'm not trying to keep my disposable mooks from dying even if they eat an unlucky crit or fail to hit and die). I will admit to using the various DLCs and note how many times I've run through it but its really the money and the recruits I'm concerned about since I have to hire all my units (or win them from fights that yield nothing else), and I've been leaning on the temp stat booster potions and lucky Anna draws for sanity reasons (though I will go without if a random encounter spawns on top of the shop).

Ultimately we have our own ways of playing through the games we play, and optimal turn count strategies or whatever are but one way to play the game.

And today's Ricken's birthday!

He got a Finn's Lance and a Seliph Sword in my two files.

Ricken sucks aside from breeding a Morgan with the highest Mag cap. Miriel has an earlier join time and a better reclass selection, Avatar has perfect availability and a chance to diversify early plus Veteran giving him/her faster growth, Libera starts off with a fair balance between physical and magical power with a reclass set that's pure magic for males, Tharja is a goddamn tank, and even Henry has Dark Mage which makes his reclassing into other trees less painful and all of his reclass options allow for magic weapons (not that Barbarian wouldn't fix his Strength issues).

And then there's his joining stage which isn't a good stage to use him on since he's not fast enough to double the Wyvern Riders nor does he have enough durability to deal with the ensuing dog pile if he tries. The stage is much better for Chrom to let loose in since Wyvern Riders are locked to Axes and Falchion gets effective damage on them.

Basically Ricken is all about building magic then not using it until Dread Fighter. Tomefaire is doesn't help much because once he has it Dark Knight and Dread Fighter are the only classes left to use it on, Mag+2 only helps if he's using magic based weaponry, Focus is too situational to use most of the time, and he can't directly benefit from Rally Magic. Dark Knight at least nets him Slow Burn and Lifetaker but they aren't really enough to help him transition through either Cavalier or Archer since Slow Burn takes too long to get going and Lifetaker only works if you can kill enemies which is hard to do with Bronze shit and Strength as a dump stat. Better still is that Archer provides crap like Skill+2, Prescience, Hit+20 which he doesn't really spend a lot of time around weapons with iffy hit rates and Bowfaire which only Bow Knight can take advantage of, and Bow Knight provides Rally Skill and Bowbreaker which is only really good if you are a flyer and he isn't. At least Cavalier provides Discipline for quicker magic weapon access, and Outdoor fighter can occasionally be useful plus Paladin and Great Knight both have useful skills in Defender, Aegis, Luna, and Dual Guard+.

Bleaker

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #492 on: May 23, 2013, 06:02:00 PM »

I'm really interested in which Shin Megami Tensei and Fire Emblem are crossing over. It should most likely be the characters from the Devil Survivor series, seeing as its the same genre, but what about Fire Emblem? Just mix and match?

kyuusei
Mr. Lightning Bolt
Administrator

Blame the dragoon.

View Profile
« Reply #493 on: May 24, 2013, 02:21:08 AM »

It doesn't necessarily have to be the characters from Devil Survivor in SMTxFE. Part of the gameplay style/structure sure.

Two of my favourite series in one game. I still can't believe it's going to actually happen.

NANOMACHINES, SON.
Aeolus
I'm not evil!

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #494 on: May 24, 2013, 02:37:55 AM »

It doesn't necessarily have to be the characters from Devil Survivor in SMTxFE. Part of the gameplay style/structure sure.

Two of my favourite series in one game. I still can't believe it's going to actually happen.

Man, has it been more than a decade since Super Smash Bros Melee came out and properly introduced the west to Fire Emblem (not counting all the NP articles or that lovely OVA that decided to waste everybody's time on Mystery's first book instead of the far more interesting second book)? It was weird enough seeing Mario, Link, Samus, and so on in the N64 game but suddenly you had triple the cast and included a mountain of collectables, each with their own little factoids about all sorts of games and series, some of which still haven't left Japan, let alone all the things that had yet to come out between then and now.

Granted, its unreasonable to expect something like that again, but using the opportunity to go into both series' history and details to hook gamers onto the one they didn't come for is something that I'm looking forward to.

Meanwhile, I've finished Future Past 3 and got the second ending. Now to grind a bit to take on the final DLC.

Pages: 1 ... 31 32 [33] 34 35 ... 44 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: