Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
August 23, 2014, 09:36:24 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
RPGFan Community Quiz
Next Quiz Date: January 11, 2014
Subject: 999 (Nintendo DS)
For more information click HERE!
329485 Posts in 13499 Topics by 2179 Members
Latest Member: Lian_Kazairl
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  RPGFan Message Boards
|-+  Media
| |-+  Single-Player RPGs
| | |-+  Fire Emblem 3DS
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 33 34 [35] 36 37 ... 44 Print
Author Topic: Fire Emblem 3DS  (Read 64223 times)
Raze

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #510 on: June 12, 2013, 08:45:30 PM »

I was turned off from using Anna because no support, but liked the class and made Morgan a trickster since she's one of the few with the actual stat spread for it. Her sister Kjelle is a assassin, making for a matching rogue pair.

Where did I go wrong with my little girls?
AuraChannelerChris
The RPG Adventurer

Ultimate RPG Gamer

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #511 on: June 16, 2013, 05:01:25 PM »

And today's Stahl's birthday!

Oddly, he didn't eat the Seed of Trust. Hmm, I sense irony.

"(Huh. He's been quiet for a while. I wonder what's he thinking?)" ~Made by yours truly~
Youtube Channel - Current Walkthrough: The Wonderful 101
sandiny0ursh0es

sandiny0ursh0es
View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #512 on: June 16, 2013, 07:55:19 PM »

At Chapter 25, been stuck here forever (usually someone dies when the magic reinforcements come from our spawn point and I have to restart), so I tried something different and decided to rush the boss... and that worked quite easily. @_@ However, being a masochist, I can't accept that as a win so I'm going to keep trying to defeat all the reinforcements in this stage before I move on.

Aeolus
I'm not evil!

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #513 on: June 17, 2013, 02:08:57 AM »

Stahl. What can I say about the guy? He's the green cavalier with the GBA era cavs growth distribution so expect lots of strength and defense versus Sully's skill and speed. He can reclass into the myrmidon and archer class trees, the former of which is pretty solid (what with the likes of Astra, Swordfaire, Vantage, Avoid+10, Pass, and Lethality in general order of usefulness) and the latter of which is not versus Sully's class trees of myrmidon and wyvern rider, of which both are solid. And the fact that Sully joins a chapter earlier and yields a bigger payout by bearing Kjelle, means that Stahl just gets overshadowed by her in the long run. That said, if you're using him in tandem with Sully then he's better off immediately promoting into a great knight versus Sully who's better off as a paladin. At least he's better-ish than Frederick (myrmidon/archer isn't quite as good as wyvern rider/knight, but unfortunately for Fred, half of the knight's promotions are eaten up by his cavalier tree, although he does get the Aegis/Pavise combo from it) and a decent father for Gerome if you're not doing anything fancy.

You've misunderstood me. I just seek your death only because you're in the way of my goal of world conquest. I can't help it that I have evil ambitions and am named Dark Lord. Honest.
Raze

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #514 on: June 17, 2013, 02:48:17 AM »

Stahl's one of my goto tanks after Kellam and along with a oddly sturdy dark knight Tharja.

He got a soothing sword. Which I don't think is edible, but you have to get that 10 hp at the start of your turn somehow...
Aeolus
I'm not evil!

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #515 on: June 17, 2013, 12:19:53 PM »

Stahl's one of my goto tanks after Kellam and along with a oddly sturdy dark knight Tharja.

He got a soothing sword. Which I don't think is edible, but you have to get that 10 hp at the start of your turn somehow...

I'll admit that I forgot that he's probably one of the best dual guarders in the main game with access to Dual Guard+ from Great Knight and a high Defense score to build his percent (Frederick and Kellam are better but only at first, or only if you take him down that route instead of going for Rally Defense/Pavise, respectfully). And yeah, Tharja's a goddamn tank despite her character design implying the complete opposite ("Clothing? Screw clothing, I have Defense!"), but that's a discussion for another day (and she gets Dual Guard+ too, goddamn is she a fucking tank, she just needs Sol and she'd be indestructible).

You've misunderstood me. I just seek your death only because you're in the way of my goal of world conquest. I can't help it that I have evil ambitions and am named Dark Lord. Honest.
AuraChannelerChris
The RPG Adventurer

Ultimate RPG Gamer

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #516 on: June 24, 2013, 01:20:55 PM »

Today's someone's birthday, seeing as there's a mysterious birthday cake in the barracks.

This person's got an Hector's Axe and a second Hector's Axe. Also, four birds were scared today for some reason. Weeeeeird.

Taking a closer look at the cake, the letters "K-E-L-L-A-M" were hidden in plain sight.

"(Huh. He's been quiet for a while. I wonder what's he thinking?)" ~Made by yours truly~
Aeolus
I'm not evil!

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #517 on: June 24, 2013, 02:58:50 PM »

Kellam. Aka the guy who benefits the most directly from the pair up mechanic.

Class set wise he's bizarre as all get out with both the Thief and Priest class trees available to him in addition to his Knight tree. During the main game he seems like the best choice to just simply make into a General but promoting him into a Great Knight isn't a bad choice either since it'll get him weapon ranks for swords and axes, both of which will help him transition into any of the Thief based classes and War Priest. Moreover, Trickster and the entire Priest line allows him to wield staffs which can be a great source of Exp later on during the post game when most battles are netting non Paragon sporting units 8 exp a kill. Better still is that the Move +1 skill from Thief is great for him and General's lackluster natural move (of course you have to learn it first and Frederick gets the Wyvern Rider line instead with its Carrier being pretty much outright, the better skill; although anything Trickster gets pretty much outshines anything in the Wyvern Rider line anyways). He also gets Miracle from Priest and Renewal from War Priest which plays well with his General (hah) tankiness and the Thief's speed and skill focused class growths play well with his Knight like bases and base growths. And speaking of growths, he also has the best defense growths in the game and is tied with Nowi with the third best defense modifier of the first gen characters (losing only to Walhart and a Def heavy Avatar with a flaw of either magic, speed, luck, or resistance).

As for parentage, he's pretty much Severa's best father on account of offering her nothing that overlaps with what she already has. Not like she really needs anything to begin with but he offers several desirable skills in the Trickster and Great Knight classes. Moreover, his Priest based classes and Trickster offer Severa some badly needed magic heavy classes to help her magic growth along. And then she gets bonuses to her starting strength and defense for shits and giggles (because she wasn't tanky enough as it was with natural access to every form of life absorption in the game; if only she had access to Dread Fighter and Aggressor (and Resistance +10 for lulz) to make Male Morgan jealous). And speaking of Morgan, a Female Morgan birthed by a Kellam sired Nah has the highest defense possible of 61 as a General (not including Limit Break or any boosts). As for other parent options, Inigo would be okay with falling back on him and both Laurent and Kjelle wouldn't mind being sired by him if their better options are indisposed or pairing screwage occurred (because honestly, there are better ways for kids to get the Thief class tree than from Kellam and Great Knight can be accessed through the much better Cavalier line (although Generals in general (hah again) have their ridiculous looks with their shoulder guards either looking like a jetpack that belongs on a super robot or nearly reaching Langrisser levels of ridiculous (at least the rest of the ensemble is armored as well instead of crap like a short-sleeved or sleeveless LJ, a tanktop, and either 2/3rds of a pair of form fitting leather pants or Daisy Dukes) for males and females respectfully).

The tl;dr is that Kellam has potential to be one of the better 1st gen males in the game but first he needs to get out of his Knight line and into something that gets him more mobility and speed, which is, of course his biggest obstacle since he's more content with being an armored backpack than reclassing into a Thief.

Raze

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #518 on: June 24, 2013, 08:08:31 PM »

I made him a general just because everyone had a mount and they were too mainstream. Gave him boots when I found them so his wife wouldn't need to carry him around anymore.

He died in chapter 25 because I was all 'I'm overleveled and will just steamroll everything' and didn't check enemy gear like I normally do. I did note the ruin casters...but not that the fliers on the bottom right were casters and not stabby fliers and he got nailed with repeated spells.

The army has yet to notice.
Dice
Super Happy Fun Super Girl
AMG A GIRL

Tawdry Hepburn

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #519 on: June 24, 2013, 09:18:57 PM »

http://mikatan.goodsmile.info/en/2013/06/24/17th-scale-tharja/
Tharja 1/7-scale figure painted!!

It looks almost perfect, except her legs are like....a foot longer than normal humans.  Awesome pose for a great character.

http://society6.com/Dice963
Support your local Dice (and pitch her ideas)!
Raze

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #520 on: June 24, 2013, 09:41:09 PM »

It looks almost perfect, except her legs are like....a foot longer than normal humans.

And she has feet.
AuraChannelerChris
The RPG Adventurer

Ultimate RPG Gamer

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #521 on: July 01, 2013, 11:48:53 AM »

Today's NUNPRIESTWITHANAXE Libra's birthday.

He got a Tree Branch that it made him pray to Naga, and a Superior Lance. I'm thinking about making him a father to somebody, but I'm stuck.

Aeolus
I'm not evil!

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #522 on: July 02, 2013, 12:28:35 AM »

Today's NUNPRIESTWITHANAXE Libra's birthday.

He got a Tree Branch that it made him pray to Naga, and a Superior Lance. I'm thinking about making him a father to somebody, but I'm stuck.

Ah Libra, the walking FE reference (well, less so than Tiki or Anna, but more so than pretty much every other G1er). Unlike the other G1 characters who only fit into general FE archetypes, Libra is pretty much FE4's Claude with a bit of FE7's Lucius's androgyny thrown in for good measure (not that Claude wasn't androgynous looking to begin with but it was never caused any confusion). Like Claude, he's one of the last recruitable potential fathers, he comes as a prepromoted healer, and he's more or less the game's male Resistance tank for G1. Unfortunately, there's no Valkyrie Staff in this game, anybody who has access to Staffs can use Fortify, no Holy Blood affecting growths, and he can't use offensive magic in his default class (instead opting for a hybrid class which, alongside Dark Knight and the DLC Dread Fighter, are the only classes he has that uses Strength at all). He's the only pure mage male in the game and it shows with his limited reclass set (i.e. Priests can become War Priests and Sages, Mages can become Sages or Dark Knights, and Dark Mages can become Dark Knights or Sorcerers), which means he has the second fewest class options next to Donnel. At least his classes all play well with each other and lead up to the ever fantastic Sorcerer.

As a father though Libra has the Dark Mage class line and little else. Unfortunately for Libra, out of all the children only Brady and Laurent are naturally inclined towards magic based classes (aside from Morgan who's position is mostly determined by his/her mother/father the Avatar, and perhaps Cynthia but he can't sire her either way) and both are male. As such their options for magic based classes are severely limited to Mage, Priest, Dark Mage, and Thief (kinda) class lines (the last of which Libra isn't even offering to begin with) thus Brady would only inherit Dark Mage/Sorcerer classes and Laurent would only inherit the far less valuable Priest/War Priest classes. On the other hand though, Inigo, Kjelle, and Yarne are the kids who would make the best use of Libra's class set as their mothers provide no magically inclined class beyond the Thief line, but even then Kjelle would rather have someone give her Galeforce access instead. Granted there's the possibility of passing down his magic classes to a daughter but unfortunately both Noire and Severa have default access to the Dark Mage line, Nah has overlap with the Mage line and is short on class options to begin with due to having Manakete, and along with Cynthia, Lucina cannot be sired by Libra. Thus Inigo and Yarne are the only kids who care about Libra at all (and yet he's still not even within either of their top four potential dads). Moreover, nobody really cares about Libra's meager +1 Res modifier since the most common Res cap modifier in G1 males is a flat 0 or a minor -1 (and the worst is -2; and all G2 characters get a +1 to all of their modifiers making -3 the worst possible Res cap for a G2 character). Hell, its more important that a child be male to have access to Dread Fighter and its Res +10 skill than to be sired by Libra (even a Libra!Brady/Nah can't get Morgan more than a +8 to his/her Res cap) in terms of Res. And Libra doesn't even have growth rates to fall back on since the father can only influence a third of a child's growth rates and there's nothing like Holy Blood, skills (and equipment) that can only be gained through inheritance, or fixed weapon ranks that can only be raised through promotion like Claude could fall back on.

The tl;dr is that he's a decent prepromote when you first get him that can turn into a fairly good staff bot/nosfertank later on in the main game but he's also a terrible father with only the promise of Dark Mage access keeping him from becoming a confirmed bachelor for life.

AuraChannelerChris
The RPG Adventurer

Ultimate RPG Gamer

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #523 on: July 08, 2013, 12:43:40 AM »

And today's Cordelia's birthday. Perfect.

She got a Towering Bow and a Celica's Gale. Oh, and to mark how flawless she is, she got four boosts in a single visit to the barracks.

Aeolus
I'm not evil!

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #524 on: July 08, 2013, 02:54:40 AM »

Okay. I'm going to level with you. I am definitely biased towards Cordelia. She's the one Peg Knight with the least ridiculous outfit and a good consolation prize for Say'ri not being an eligible bachelorette (Sully and Cherche are the only eligible G1 females that start in mainly physically oriented classes rather than specialty classes or magic users, but Sumia and Cordelia straddle the line with Peg Knight with Cordy hewing closer to the physical end of the spectrum versus Sumia's more magic bias).

Anywho, outside of the Avatar, Cordelia has the single best class set out of all G1 characters, hands down. Firstly, she starts as a Peg Knight which means she can either beeline it straight to Galeforce (and make it there before anybody but Sumia) or opt over to Falcon Knight to make use of her Strength (since her Magic growth kinda sucks, which presents her biggest flaw). Either way she'll get a lot of Speed and probably good Res too. Or she can head on over to either the Mercenary or Dark Mage classes for more solid base skills such as Armsthirft, Patience (+10 Hit/Avoid but only on enemy phase? When else am I going to really want that extra +10 Hit/Avoid?), Hex, Anathema (or I could just give myself an aura that nukes enemy Hit/Avoid/Dodge ratings that anybody can take advantage of). And then she also has Hero (for Sol shenanigans and Axebreaker I guess), Bow Knight (Bowbreaker on somebody who started as a Flier? Fuck Yeah!), Sorcerer (Vengeance shenanigans AND Tomebreaker? OH FUCK YES!!!), and Dark Knight (Slow Burn and Lifetaker? Eh, not the worst things I could take, but they have their uses.). Hell, even Lancefaire can get millage out of the Bride class if nothing else (plus Rally Speed and Movement aren't the worst rallies to have). Her only crappy skills are Refresh and Rally Skill (and even then Refresh is still kinda useful when she'll first get it).

That said, the three things that keeps her from being the single best character in the game is that a) she has a daughter with all the same classes and probably more (seriously, Severa's like the closest this game gets to a Ced or Larcei in that even with the worst possible pairing (which is Donnel followed by Libra) she'll still turn out solid as a rock) although she does have better availability over Severa, b) that her magic sucks (which makes combat in the Dark Mage line difficult at best unless she's seriously over leveled or you dump stat boosters into her, at least she gets Vengeance to help mitigate the issue but then you still need to both learn Vengeance and get your HP low enough to actually get some extra damage out of her; at least she'll have plenty of opportunities to raise her tome ranks in Dark Flier, Dark Knight, Dark Mage, and Sorcerer classes), and c) Morgan exists (and Morgan can do shit like maximize a stat like Strength, Skill, or Speed, get birthed by somebody like Aversa who passes down her Shadowgift skill to her where she can gain the fifty million skills of the game and the half a dozen magic using classes will all have access to Dark Magic, and so on and so forth).

In terms of main game performance you'll probably want her to stick with either Falcon Knight (for the superior growths) or Dark Flier (for Galeforce) then move on to either Dark Flier (if you went Falcon Knight) to make use of Lancefaire or Hero (if you went Dark Flier) for Sol shenanigans. I wouldn't go Sorcerer since her Magic growth sucks and there's not much she can do to mitigate it. She could go Peg Knight => Merc but Galeforce is the better skill over Armsthrift and she wouldn't get that much of a head start on Sol plus she'd have to go back to only an E rank in swords.

Edit: It would've been nice if you had actually made that post of your on the Cordelia's birthday rather than after it.
« Last Edit: July 09, 2013, 05:58:15 PM by Aeolus » Logged

Pages: 1 ... 33 34 [35] 36 37 ... 44 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: