Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
November 20, 2014, 06:20:55 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
We have a new board! Pop on over to the Game Journals section and tell us what you've been playing!
337741 Posts in 13830 Topics by 2212 Members
Latest Member: WhiteWishes
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  RPGFan Message Boards
|-+  Media
| |-+  Single-Player RPGs
| | |-+  Fire Emblem 3DS
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 34 35 [36] 37 38 ... 44 Print
Author Topic: Fire Emblem 3DS  (Read 74569 times)
Aeolus
This is the Monado's Powerbomb!

Little did he know, the fall damage would KO him.

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #525 on: July 09, 2013, 06:01:32 PM »

Pardon the double post but since it applies here too I'll just leave this here for those who don't bother with either the SMT megathread or the main page.

http://www.siliconera.com/2013/07/09/nintendo-pushes-shin-megami-tensei-iv-and-fire-emblem-awakening-with-30-credit/

Yes, it even applies for those who went and got either the eShop version or the limited edition 3DS. (Of course $30 ebux doesn't even cover half of Awakening's DLC but its the thought that counts.)

In my vision, I see that one of us is going to KO the other.
kyuusei
Mr. Lightning Bolt
Administrator

Blame the dragoon.

View Profile
« Reply #526 on: July 09, 2013, 06:07:45 PM »

You could also post the article link main page here instead, just saying. ;)

NANOMACHINES, SON.
Raze

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #527 on: July 09, 2013, 07:12:10 PM »

Neat. That'll cover the extra $10 they're charging for smt4 and half of rune factory 4 next month.
Farron

View Profile WWW Email

Ignore
« Reply #528 on: July 09, 2013, 07:50:13 PM »

I had twelve  bucks on my 3DS which I was considering on buying FE DLC. Now adding thirty to it I think I'll just use to buy a new game. Probably EO Millennium Girl as it should have content there to give me a lifetime of fun.

On to FE, I'd like to ask some advice. I'm at the point where the children are starting to come to my party. Should I level them up as use them in place of their parents or is it not worth it?
I've heard they have better stats and skills which is pretty easy to see but they aren't able to build a relationship with all other characters as opposed to the original cast.

kyuusei
Mr. Lightning Bolt
Administrator

Blame the dragoon.

View Profile
« Reply #529 on: July 09, 2013, 09:55:39 PM »

They can build a relationship with key characters, their parents, and other kids. IMO the kids are definitely worth it. and I'm sad I didn't have *more* kids in my playthrough.

The $30 is likely gonna go towards FE and/or SMTIV DLC. Excited. :D

NANOMACHINES, SON.
Annubis

Something something like a tiger

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #530 on: July 09, 2013, 10:38:34 PM »

I'm sad I didn't have *more* kids

And people called that 'conception' game creepy =P
Aeolus

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #531 on: July 10, 2013, 04:37:56 AM »

^Have you seen the kids in Conception though? They are creepy.

Plus there's no real eugenics since its an 'all you can "plow"' buffet for the main sausage.

I had twelve  bucks on my 3DS which I was considering on buying FE DLC. Now adding thirty to it I think I'll just use to buy a new game. Probably EO Millennium Girl as it should have content there to give me a lifetime of fun.

On to FE, I'd like to ask some advice. I'm at the point where the children are starting to come to my party. Should I level them up as use them in place of their parents or is it not worth it?
I've heard they have better stats and skills which is pretty easy to see but they aren't able to build a relationship with all other characters as opposed to the original cast.

In the main game at least you'll do just as well with the parents as you would with the kids (kids stats probably wont be as high as their parents even if both are still active but they can inherit a skill from each parent for free and come in at level 10 unpromoted which means they'll grow quickly or can opt to either promote or reclass immediately and their inheritance means that they'll still have better stats than either of their parents did at that level of development). The supports shouldn't matter as much since you can still achieve up to A ranks (and one S rank) between the kids and they can get supports from their parents as well as the Avatar (who can still support with everybody). Heck, I think there's no kid that have fewer support options than Chrom or Sumia, let alone somebody like Anna, Say'ri, the two endgame folks, or any of the post game characters.

The kids only really pull ahead in the second round of the DLC where you're either racing against time in a death trap that leaves your party with 1 HP at the start of each turn, or have to fight off an entire airforce from killing off 5 immobile NPCs in a lava field, or having to punch through wave after wave of high end enemies while trying to run down high end Risen before they scamper off, or having to guard NPC versions of your children while managing to find time to pull up to them and have a chat, or even the final DLC where you're tangling with a five stage gauntlet with enemies that have stats ratcheted beyond what even Limit Break can do for you.

Although even if you don't bother touching the DLC, the kids are at least far more preferable to their parents in the high end Double Duels if you can find somebody else with the game.

Aeolus

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #532 on: July 12, 2013, 02:28:33 PM »

Just as an FYI for NA players but yesterday was the final update for the game's DLC. We've got the whole shebang now.

Annubis

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #533 on: July 12, 2013, 03:38:59 PM »

Any hope of a release with everything?
Aeolus

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #534 on: July 12, 2013, 04:14:16 PM »

Maybe. It would be nice if they had an all-in-one pack for the DLC that costs money that offered a discount on the overall price since I ended up spending roughly $50 on the DLC (not including taxes which was roughly another $4.50~ish).

I'm pretty much not touching the DLC for SMTIV as compensation for the expenses of Awakening's DLC.

AuraChannelerChris
The RPG Adventurer

Ultimate RPG Gamer

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #535 on: July 16, 2013, 12:53:32 AM »

Today's Owain's birthday! It's unclear if he'll get songs written about him.

He got a Superior Bow, but it was quickly overshadowed once Nah casually found an Aversa's Night.

"(Huh. He's been quiet for a while. I wonder what's he thinking?)" ~Made by yours truly~
Youtube Channel - Current Walkthrough: The Wonderful 101
Aeolus

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #536 on: July 16, 2013, 02:09:55 AM »

Today's Owain's birthday! It's unclear if he'll get songs written about him.

He got a Superior Bow, but it was quickly overshadowed once Nah casually found an Aversa's Night.

Dammit. I knew that yesterday was somebody's B-day. Oh well...

Anyways, Owain. The Sealed Sword that cleaves evil. Like all children characters, he's pretty much on the high end of the ability spectrum for that reason alone and his recruitment chapter is the easiest outside of Morgan's. Just by going with what he gets from his mother alone; in terms of classes and skills, he's got it made with the ability to either inherit Galeforce or Support Boost+ and a diverse class set consisting of the useful Myrmidon and Barbarian, and the not as useful Priest; in terms of stat cap modifiers, his mother does him no favors beyond taking up a vocation as a Priest or whatever he gets from his father. And speaking of his father, no potential father of his offers him the full 9 classes (outside of the Avatar, who goes above and beyond that anyways) alongside Inigo, Cynthia, and Noire. The best he can do is get sired by either Frederick, Virion, or Ricken, and of them, I would consider Virion to be his first choice given that he offers additional Skill and Speed to shore up Lissa's modifiers and it allows him acquire the Mage class to boost Owain's Magic proficiency and to gain access to Focus for an additional Crit+ skill if you want to lean that way plus he gets the Wyvern Rider class set which have great benefits of their own.

That said, unless you want a Morgan with the worst potential Skill cap, Morgan nor the Avatar have no real use for Owain.

Basically, he comes with a diverse, though maybe not the most useful, class set out of the box and can diversify into both physical and magical disciplines if he wants, but he has to fight against his mother's cap modifiers, there aren't many fathers that do him a lot of good, and the few that are probably want to be elsewhere instead. At least he gets his own exclusive legendary weapon even if its only slightly better than a stock Steel Sword (and if you know to send him to the right house during his recruitment stage or get lucky on the Regalia DLC).

Aeolus

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #537 on: July 24, 2013, 02:57:13 AM »

Since AuraChannelerChris is probably too busy playing SMT4, I'll take the initiative today and make a Happy B-Day post for
Code:
Yen'fay.

Anyways, the guy has access to the Myrmidon, Archer, and Wyvern Rider class trees and the highest Gen1 Speed modifier in the game outside of an Avatar with Speed emphasis and a flaw that doesn't inhibit it. The Archer class kinda plays well with the Assassin class and Wyvern Rider class tree given a way to build Bow ranks and learning Bowbreaker respectfully (also the +20 Hit skill goes well with some of the more inaccurate axes). That's pretty much it really. He doesn't even come with skills outside of his class set like other post game characters (the skills he does have out of the box are pretty solid, although Swordfaire doesn't do him many favors unless he hops on over to Assassin or Bow Knight). And the Speed Modifier isn't even worth much considering what a Lon'qu sired Yarne can do to Morgan's Speed and Skill. So much for this game's Camus archetype.

Lard

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #538 on: July 25, 2013, 02:34:28 AM »

That's what I've been wondering. I'm picking up a 3ds on Friday and I've seen this a couple of places. I thought it was rare so I was going to grab it, but I've been on the fence in case of a re-release.

I avoid online multiplayer because my brain still works.
Annubis

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #539 on: July 25, 2013, 08:03:01 AM »

That's what I've been wondering. I'm picking up a 3ds on Friday and I've seen this a couple of places. I thought it was rare so I was going to grab it, but I've been on the fence in case of a re-release.

Same here, I'm pretty interested in this game and have been considering a 3DS for a while... but I don't want to buy 30 something individual DLCs.
Pages: 1 ... 34 35 [36] 37 38 ... 44 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: