Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
September 21, 2014, 04:18:25 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
RPGFan Community Quiz!
Subject: Persona 3: FES
Prize: $20 eShop, PSN or Steam code
Date: 3rd October 2014 Time: 16:00 EST
331782 Posts in 13583 Topics by 2191 Members
Latest Member: Zaltys
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  RPGFan Message Boards
|-+  Media
| |-+  Single-Player RPGs
| | |-+  Fire Emblem 3DS
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 35 36 [37] 38 39 ... 44 Print
Author Topic: Fire Emblem 3DS  (Read 67549 times)
AuraChannelerChris
The RPG Adventurer

Ultimate RPG Gamer

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #540 on: July 25, 2013, 11:41:28 AM »

Since AuraChannelerChris is probably too busy playing SMT4, I'll take the initiative today and make a Happy B-Day post for
Code:
Yen'fay.

Anyways, the guy has access to the Myrmidon, Archer, and Wyvern Rider class trees and the highest Gen1 Speed modifier in the game outside of an Avatar with Speed emphasis and a flaw that doesn't inhibit it. The Archer class kinda plays well with the Assassin class and Wyvern Rider class tree given a way to build Bow ranks and learning Bowbreaker respectfully (also the +20 Hit skill goes well with some of the more inaccurate axes). That's pretty much it really. He doesn't even come with skills outside of his class set like other post game characters (the skills he does have out of the box are pretty solid, although Swordfaire doesn't do him many favors unless he hops on over to Assassin or Bow Knight). And the Speed Modifier isn't even worth much considering what a Lon'qu sired Yarne can do to Morgan's Speed and Skill. So much for this game's Camus archetype.
Dammit. All the months have like four or five people having birthdays.

But anyhow, to make up for my ignorance to his birthday, I got him a Silver Bow.

"(Huh. He's been quiet for a while. I wonder what's he thinking?)" ~Made by yours truly~
Youtube Channel - Current Walkthrough: The Wonderful 101
Aeolus
This is the Monado's Powerbomb!

Little did he know, the fall damage would KO him.

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #541 on: August 07, 2013, 01:09:38 AM »

And its Inigo's birthday. Cervantes, you killed his father, prepare to die!

Anyways, he gets three great class trees in Mercenary, Myrmidon, and Barbarian as well as his pick of his mother's skills Galeforce. He's one of the three kids who can inherit Royal Weapon from Chrom and is one of the better users of it. Additionally Olivia produces the most physically oriented children outside of a Strength/Defense heavy Avatar. If his father is Virion and he took Lancefaire from his mother he can be a full on weapons master (although no Healtouch for staffs). He makes for a good son out of Frederick and Kellam. Ricken also has potential to be a good father for him. Gregor x Olivia is tied for the worst pairing in the game along with Frederick x Sully as neither child will inherit more than stat modifiers and a free skill from their fathers. No potential father will secure him an additional 9 classes beyond his mother's inheritance (not including DLC). Unfortunately his stat modifiers do nothing extraordinary for him or Morgan. He's ultimately a very solid child but nothing spectacular outside of his potential class screwage.

In my vision, I see that one of us is going to KO the other.
Ranadiel

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #542 on: August 07, 2013, 06:52:45 AM »

I like Inigo. On my first playthrough he was basically a little clone of Donnel with better stats. The two of them being the only characters with legendary weapons since they had 50+ luck.
Aeolus

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #543 on: August 07, 2013, 07:48:46 AM »

I like Inigo. On my first playthrough he was basically a little clone of Donnel with better stats. The two of them being the only characters with legendary weapons since they had 50+ luck.

To be fair to him, of all the sons, only he, Owain, and Brady can obtain Galeforce at all (and Morgan, but Morgan can do pretty much anything anyways) and the latter two are more magic oriented than he is. Basically, he's probably the best kid combat potential wise outside of Morgan, even though stat cap modifier wise he's pretty much the worst given that his mother has a flat 0 to overall stat mods (she gets 1 point in Skill and Speed and loses 1 point in Def and Res) and with either The Vaike or Gaius as his dad his modifiers will sum up to a meager +7 (solely due to being a child). That said he probably wants either Frederick or Chrom as a father to either get more classes to use his eventual Axefaire on (with Frederick as a dad Inigo will have access to every axe using class in the game outside of Overlord) or Rightful King boosting his skill activation rates (as he will have a lot of skills with activation rates). He just has no use for S-ranking the Avatar outside of passing down Rightful King to Morgan.

Also, I was wrong earlier. The Gregor x Olivia pairing is the absolute worst pairing in the game. The only thing Inigo gains from Gregor is a sole +1 keeping him from having the least statistical advantage possible and nothing else. Even Frederick x Sully nets Kjelle a net positive of +3 on top of her child gains. Hell, both Nowi and Tiki sport an overall +5 to their stat cap modifiers making Gregor!Inigo 3 points away from statistically being equal to a first genner and with nothing but a really late and optional join time to show for it (seriously, his Paralogue is only behind Gerome in enemy level).

Sorry for the double sperg, it took awhile but I remembered what his statistical abnormality was.

AuraChannelerChris
The RPG Adventurer

Ultimate RPG Gamer

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #544 on: August 07, 2013, 08:59:44 PM »

What a gap of weeks without a single birthday until Inigo's.

He got a Glass Lance. It won't last him for long.

"(Huh. He's been quiet for a while. I wonder what's he thinking?)" ~Made by yours truly~
AuraChannelerChris
The RPG Adventurer

Ultimate RPG Gamer

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #545 on: August 14, 2013, 11:08:27 AM »

Yesterday was somewhat-spoilery guy's birthday!

Code:
The guy with the big black arse, Basilio!

He got a Titania Axe.

Aeolus

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #546 on: August 14, 2013, 02:23:30 PM »

Yesterday was somewhat-spoilery guy's birthday!

Code:
The guy with the big black arse, Basilio!

He got a Titania Axe.

Drat, missed that. Too busy playing FE10 again (and PXZ).

Anyways, you know how FE games tend to give you guys like Athos, Gatoh, Mycen, Galzus, Karel, and the Laguz Royals, well this guy and his counterpart are Awakening's version of the endgame crutch character to help you through the final battles (although they do join a bit earlier since everything that happens in the final battle stays in the final battle) thus in the main game he's mostly useless but he can be kinda helpful for when you do have him. Anyways, the dude is a pure physical fighter as he gets the Fighter, Knight, and Barbarian class trees. In post game he's likely to get overshadowed by Lucina at least and the rest of the kids at most, and he also suffers from limited supports between himself and his counterpart and the Avatar. He can't have children normally, and he doesn't do anything special for Morgan either. One of the post game characters has better stat modifiers than him though he's a bit more balanced between speed and defense than the other guy. But then all the not breed-able first gen males have the exact same sum total modifier of +2, its just a matter of distribution. And finally between the two crutches, he's probably the lesser of the two since Barbarian and Fighter share a promoted class in Warrior (plus Armsthrift, Patience, and Move+1 are better than Gamble, Zeal, and HP +5; though Despoil is better than Locktouch).

The tl;dr is that the guy is useful in a pinch but otherwise is overshadowed by pretty much everybody else in the game.

Darilon
Level 5 Spoony Bard

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #547 on: August 14, 2013, 03:07:00 PM »

I like pairing him up with his counterpart. More so for the fact I like him and the cliche part he played in the story rather than any effectiveness it had in battle. I was seriously disappointed that he only had an S Rank with the Avatar. It felt like his other support just abruptly ended at Rank A.

Aeolus

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #548 on: August 14, 2013, 04:22:04 PM »

I like pairing him up with his counterpart. More so for the fact I like him and the cliche part he played in the story rather than any effectiveness it had in battle. I was seriously disappointed that he only had an S Rank with the Avatar. It felt like his other support just abruptly ended at Rank A.

It would've made for a decent nod to FE7 at least where you already have a couple who defaults to an A ranked support with each other when you first get them. But then again, their chemistry together doesn't (or at least shouldn't) mandate them to get hitched with each other.

Darilon
Level 5 Spoony Bard

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #549 on: August 14, 2013, 04:52:12 PM »

It would've made for a decent nod to FE7 at least where you already have a couple who defaults to an A ranked support with each other when you first get them. But then again, their chemistry together doesn't (or at least shouldn't) mandate them to get hitched with each other.

I mean it less that they should automatically be paired together but rather the option should be there. There are a lot worse pairings(support conversations rather than children potential) such as Donnel and Sully.

Code:
It just felt strange as the story itself seemed to suggest the two had feelings for one another. As well as the support convo was basically them flirting and getting jealous at one another,  especialy the Rank B one. I am guessing the reason they don't marry is actually that Marriage = kids from the future and since he is dead in the future that would not be possible, although this does not explain his potential marriage to the female Avatar.

Aeolus

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #550 on: August 14, 2013, 08:16:57 PM »

I mean it less that they should automatically be paired together but rather the option should be there. There are a lot worse pairings(support conversations rather than children potential) such as Donnel and Sully.

Code:
It just felt strange as the story itself seemed to suggest the two had feelings for one another. As well as the support convo was basically them flirting and getting jealous at one another,  especialy the Rank B one. I am guessing the reason they don't marry is actually that Marriage = kids from the future and since he is dead in the future that would not be possible, although this does not explain his potential marriage to the female Avatar.

I took it as 'they made a pair, but more as a friendship/rivalry than actual love'. Basically, I think the implication was that they essentially friendzoned each other. My issue of course is that, like the other unpairable 1st genners, they have no supports except with each other and the Avatar (and possibly their kid). Not even with the people that would make sense to have supports with like Lon'qu and Olivia got one with them. Same issue I have with Say'ri and the post game characters is that even with the people that would make sense to support with, they still don't get a support.

Also Morgan bullshits the timeline by coming from an even separate future where the Avatar did have a kid with someone, rather than the "THE WORLD IS DOOOOOOOOOOOMED!!! :byodame:" future that Lucina and pals stem from.

Ranadiel

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #551 on: August 15, 2013, 07:01:26 AM »

Also Morgan bullshits the timeline by coming from an even separate future where the Avatar did have a kid with someone, rather than the "THE WORLD IS DOOOOOOOOOOOMED!!! :byodame:" future that Lucina and pals stem from.

Which gets even more confusing when Morgan has a sibling since she apparently exists in the original timeline since they know her. I assume original timeline Morgan went back in time with the others since there is surprise at her(him) being there.....which should mean there is a second Morgan somewhere out there that we never find.
Aeolus

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #552 on: August 15, 2013, 04:49:26 PM »

Which gets even more confusing when Morgan has a sibling since she apparently exists in the original timeline since they know her. I assume original timeline Morgan went back in time with the others since there is surprise at her(him) being there.....which should mean there is a second Morgan somewhere out there that we never find.

And then you have the Future Past DLC where
Code:
you have both Morgans running around at the same time, though in different places.

Aeolus

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #553 on: August 20, 2013, 06:49:20 AM »

"I DIDN'T WANT TO DO THIS!!!", but today (or yesterday) is/was Olivia's B-Day. It's a. Nice day for a. White wedding.

Anyways, Olivia. As mentioned in Inigo's B-Day post a page back, she has terrible stat modifiers, as in the worst of any playable female in the game. As for classes, she has Dancer. That's it. Good day. What more do you need? Fine, I'll cover her reclass options.

As is she'll probably remain like your typical Dancer archetype with massive Speed and Luck, maybe Res, and not much else. Should you decide to reclass her, she's pretty well off with both the Myrmidon and Pegasus Knight class lines as she's ridiculously dodgy and her Strength will have a better opportunity to fix itself. As ultimately you'll want her to be a dancer, her skill preference is actually weighted towards Sword Master over either of the Peg Knight promotions since the Myrm's Avoid +10 skill is really good to bolster her high Speed and Luck (better for avoid than Luck +4, Speed +2, and All Stats +2 combined) and both Astra and Swordfaire do well in furthering her offense, far more than Lethality or Lancefaire can (especially since Dancers are sword locked in this game), and Galeforce would only be situationally useful to her. She's probably one of the first people to consider handing a Bride's Bouquet to since she might like Bonds to turn her into a sudo-Heron from FE9/10 (plus she can get some mileage out of Lancefaire and staff ranks outside of Falcon Knight).

Outside of this, her unique Dancer skills are crap to pass down since Luck +4 is the least useful of the whatever stat +boost skills in the game and Special Dance can only be used by her to begin with. That leaves Galeforce and unh.... Galeforce is really the only thing she should bother passing down to her son if she can help it. Although she might as well pass down Luck +4 to Lucina since there's really not much of a chance of her picking up another skill before she arrives (like not even Special Dance), plus its the only skill she has that Lucina can't get that isn't totally useless. She'll also appreciate the Peg Knight access and the least crappy physical modifiers of all her mother potentials outside of the Avatar (as in +0 Strength and -1 Defense rather than -1 Str and Def for Sully, -2 Str and Def for Sumia, and -3 Str and Def for Maribelle (for reference, Chrom only provides +1 Str and -1 Def)).

The tl;dr is that, she's the game's Dancer and she's one of Chrom's potential wives for his shotgun wedding. What more do you want?

AuraChannelerChris
The RPG Adventurer

Ultimate RPG Gamer

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #554 on: August 27, 2013, 02:16:17 AM »

Olivia got a Superior Lance and Titania's Axe last time.

But today's Frederick's birthday! He got Roy's Blade and Finn's Lance.

Pages: 1 ... 35 36 [37] 38 39 ... 44 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: