Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
October 25, 2014, 05:17:38 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
RPGFan Community Quiz!
Persona 3 FES Quiz is now OVER!
Winner was user: Monsoon!
334828 Posts in 13711 Topics by 2200 Members
Latest Member: Rgeneb1
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  RPGFan Message Boards
|-+  Media
| |-+  Single-Player RPGs
| | |-+  Fire Emblem 3DS
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 41 42 [43] 44 Print
Author Topic: Fire Emblem 3DS  (Read 72032 times)
AuraChannelerChris
The RPG Adventurer

Ultimate RPG Gamer

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #630 on: March 06, 2014, 10:38:43 AM »

It's Lissa's birthday, THEREFORE A NATIONAL CELEBRATION!

She got an Hector's Axe and an Innes' Bow.

"(Huh. He's been quiet for a while. I wonder what's he thinking?)" ~Made by yours truly~
Youtube Channel - Current Walkthrough: The Wonderful 101
Aeolus
This is the Monado's Powerbomb!

Little did he know, the fall damage would KO him.

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #631 on: March 14, 2014, 02:41:15 AM »

Don't eat him! Eat the cake instead! It's Yarne's Birthday and he's one year closer to extinction.

Anyways, Yarne. For some reason he doesn't want to inherit his mother's Wyvern Rider class tree, opting instead for the Barbarian class tree. He does however get his mother's useful Thief class tree and significantly less useful Taguel class (which barely loses out to Villager for the title of worst class in the game). Still, to compensate for the lackluster class, his mother has one of the best stat cap modifier sets in the game with a sizable +3 in Speed, a +2 in both Strength and Skill, and a +1 in Defense which means that she's getting a positive stat cap modifier in her core combat stats, and she only pays for it in Resistance. Yarne will get all that, plus whatever his father has going for him, and an additional +7 that all children get distributed amongst their 7 stats on top of that. Unfortunately this all comes with a price, and a hefty one at that. With the Taguel class comes permanent association with the Beast classification and a perpetual fear of Beast Killers. Moreover, the Taguel class sucks since its best caps are mediocre Skill and Speed scores and even with Beast weaknesses being a common thing, having to be saddled with a 1-ranged unforgeable weapon just to use Beastbane makes it worthless. But even worse is that his mother has neither of the two female exclusive class trees which means Yarne will miss out on being a member of the Galeforce or even the Dual Support+ Brigade. This means his mother should prioritize the class that Yarne will not inherit, Griffin Rider for either its Deliverer or Lancebreaker skill for either enhanced move or a means of counteracting his perpetual weakness.

His best choices for father would be Lon'qu (to maximize his Speed and Skill modifiers as a +7 in Speed means that even as a Wyvern Lord, Yarne will be faster than most classes, and he'll have a juicy +6 for skill activation rates, and with either a Speed or Skill focused Avatar as a wife, Morgan could achieve the highest Speed or Skill cap modifier possible respectfully, and on top of all that he'll have access to Swordmaster for Swordfaire, Astra, Avoid+10, and Griffin Rider to enable access to the +3 Move from Movement +1/Deliverer combo), Virion (for Wyvern Rider access, Archer access in case his +5 Skill modifier isn't enough to hit everything that moves, a solid +2 Speed for a +6 Speed modifer, and Mage access to round out his 9 class inheritance), Stahl (his juicy +3 stat cap modifier total will go great with Panne's +4, his +2 Strength and Defense modifiers round out Yarne fantastically, and his 8 class inheritance includes the Cavalier, Myrmidon, and Archer class trees), and Ricken (for maximum horsing around). Yarne himself is also the second best husband for a Female Avatar (next to Chrom) due to the aforementioned max/near max possible Skill/Speed for Male Morgan to go with his Aggressor/Galeforce/Limit Breaker/Whatever Faire he needs to rock and/or roll/and an attack boosting skill like Ignis/Astra/Luna/possibly Vengeance (and all for the price of Taguel access and permanent Beast Killer/Rapier/Noble Rapier weakness).

Basically, Yarne has the stats, but needs the classes to be good. Unfortunately, as physically oriented as Yarne's mom is, it leaves Yarne with serious gaps in his repartee that drag his performance down in the postgame and challenge DLC and no father can really fix them (not even a Male Avatar; though he helps a lot with Rally Spectrum and Defense access to go with his Rally Strength).

In my vision, I see that one of us is going to KO the other.
AuraChannelerChris
The RPG Adventurer

Ultimate RPG Gamer

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #632 on: March 15, 2014, 02:07:40 AM »

It's Yarne's EXTINCTION birthday!

He thought Seliph's Blade was a rabbit trap.

"(Huh. He's been quiet for a while. I wonder what's he thinking?)" ~Made by yours truly~
Jimmy

Wakens the Ferine Strain

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #633 on: March 16, 2014, 04:05:54 AM »

Stupid life getting in the way of my playing this game. I'm like a year behind now. Oh well. I still need to get a ton of the DLC packs and finish those. Plus I want to get a chance to play through the game a second time, and do a better job with the relationships in order to get stronger units. I played for a few minutes today at least and still so glad Donnel is my man.

Also, I find it funny and cool at the same time that the voice actor that voices Donnel is the same voice actor that voiced Donatello in the 2003 TMNT cartoon series.

I'll catch up to ya'll one day...
Aeolus

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #634 on: March 16, 2014, 10:46:41 AM »

Then I guess I have to put this in 'code' tags as its
Code:
Gangrel's
B-day.

Anyways, the former clown king of crime's has access to the Thief, Dark Mage, and Barbarian class trees of which his default class of Trickster and the Sorcerer class have his best skills in Lucky Seven, Vengeance, Tomebreaker, and Movement +1. And while Berserker sports his only Faire skill Axefaire, which does limit the effectiveness of his other classes' offense, it and Barbarian also nets him Wrath and Gamble to increase his odds of scoring crits (and Despoil for an extra spot of cash).

His stat cap modifiers are like the other post game characters in that his, like the others', total an overall +2 to the sum total modifier. But in not-Joker's case, his are all in on Skill and Speed at the expense of Strength and some Luck and Defense. Of course, by being a post game character, he's doomed to supporting only the Avatar and their Morgan should you decide to pair them up for whatever reason (maybe if you renamed your Female Avatar Batman it might be worth it, or Harley Quinn).

Basically, he's nothing special, but at least he could be useful if you just want a Locktoucher to bring along during any Infinite Regalia runs and didn't bother with Gaius or Anna (or any other potential Thief) since he's closest to being ready made for it.

AuraChannelerChris
The RPG Adventurer

Ultimate RPG Gamer

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #635 on: March 16, 2014, 03:58:11 PM »

It's you-know-who's birthday!

He didn't get the
Code:
Fire Emblem
as a birthday gift, but he got a Sigurd's Lance he complained about.

Jimmy

Wakens the Ferine Strain

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #636 on: March 16, 2014, 08:34:15 PM »

Meh, can't say I care enough about the birthdays for everyone to put them into the spoiler code.

I will turn the game on to get the goods though!
Aeolus

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #637 on: March 29, 2014, 01:00:59 PM »

Rawr! Today is Nah's Birthday.

Anyways, Nah. A bunch of puns rolled into one name. Also a dragon for when you get sick of only being able to reclass your dragon into either a Wyvern Rider or a Mage (that isn't named Morgan). As decent as the Manakete class is in this game (better than most Manaketes but not nearly as good as Tiki's previous appearances), they're not really that good in the long run due to lowish caps (especially in Speed) and they only have two weapons total (the 1-2 range is a far better deal than anything Beast Stones can bring to the table but they're still unforgeable and susceptible to Aegis cutting their damage and they don't seem to bypass the Dragonscale damage reduction either; which would go a long way to making them useful on Apotheosis).

What she really wants though is to get onto the Galeforce, which like Kjelle, Noire, and a few of the possible Lucinas can't do through their mothers. Fortunately, there are just enough fathers to confer the Pegasus Knight class tree and thus Galeforce (and Lancefaire) for all the wanting daughters, provided you didn't make The Avatar Female. And since Kjelle works best with Donnel with her seven near full class trees (and you can just avoid all the non-Galeforced Lucinas anyways), that leaves Noire and Nah wanting Gaius's parentage. Both make excellent cases for his sireage since Noire can only get a possible 8 classes from her non-The Avatar father (of which Lon'qu, Donnel, Gregor are her other 8-class possibilities), whereas Nah's stat cap modifiers are already really good from her mother Nowi and doesn't mind taking the hit for Gaius's lousy stat cap modifiers, especially since Speed is his best modifier which is the one that Nowi's the most lacking in. However, both also have cases for fathers other than Gaius (outside of Trickster and the promoted Peg Knight classes, he doesn't really offer Noire any magic using classes, or at least not Sage), in Nah's case, she can opt to maximize her overall stat cap modifier total through Stahl or Lon'qu's parentage (with bonus points going to Stahl for offering the full 9 classes for inheritance), seek to obtain a full 9 class inheritance (through Stahl, Donnel, Gregor, or even The Vaike whom can only pass down a full 9 classes to her) or she can make use of all the higher Strength modifier fathers to become one of the physically strongest daughters possible (outside of being sired by a Strength oriented Male The Avatar) with Severa being her chief competitor.

And on the subject of stat cap modifiers, if she were to bear a Morgan after sired by Kellam, she could have the highest possible Defense stat cap modifier of +11 and the worst Speed stat cap modifier possible of -6, or if she were sired by Libra, her daughter could have the highest Resistance stat cap modifier of +8.

Ultimately, Nah is perfectly serviceable with whatever father she's gets as long as he's not both able to become a Wyvern Rider and a Mage (looking at you Virion and your lousy Archer class tree). I'd say, if she can't get her hands on Pegasus Knight, have her work towards either Cavalier, Myrmidon, or Mercenary as they are solid class trees.

Blace

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #638 on: March 29, 2014, 02:46:00 PM »

I haven't played this game in forever (since i beat it after 60 hours last year). If I put it back in and start playing will I get all these cool items you guys are always talking about or do I have to play on the days you guys post?

AuraChannelerChris
The RPG Adventurer

Ultimate RPG Gamer

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #639 on: March 29, 2014, 03:04:26 PM »

It's the hybrid Nah's birthday!

She got a Slack Bow, which is unimpressive compared to the Celica's Gale a Shepherd found.

I haven't played this game in forever (since i beat it after 60 hours last year). If I put it back in and start playing will I get all these cool items you guys are always talking about or do I have to play on the days you guys post?
Meh, I don't really play that much unless I'm in the mood to fill those Support holes in my log.

Aeolus

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #640 on: March 29, 2014, 05:31:51 PM »

Unfortunately, you do have to visit the Barracks on the day of to get the goodies (and I've had at least one instance of opening the game up, visiting the Barracks, and failing to activate the event before the clock cycled over and thus missing out on the loot of the day). But honestly, I wouldn't make a big deal out of it. The goodies just consist of an Event Tiles' worth of Exp, an Event Tile item, and a +4 temp boost to two stats (and no, the Barracks stat boosts do not stack with other Barracks stat boosts that character might acquire between stages).

I'm just posting these things because I'm bored, and because I don't particularly feel like flailing around in today's unforgiving job market right now.

Blace

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #641 on: March 29, 2014, 10:37:02 PM »

Unfortunately, you do have to visit the Barracks on the day of to get the goodies (and I've had at least one instance of opening the game up, visiting the Barracks, and failing to activate the event before the clock cycled over and thus missing out on the loot of the day). But honestly, I wouldn't make a big deal out of it. The goodies just consist of an Event Tiles' worth of Exp, an Event Tile item, and a +4 temp boost to two stats (and no, the Barracks stat boosts do not stack with other Barracks stat boosts that character might acquire between stages).

I'm just posting these things because I'm bored, and because I don't particularly feel like flailing around in today's unforgiving job market right now.

Thanks for the info bud! I'll continue ignoring the game then haha.

Aeolus

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #642 on: April 02, 2014, 08:30:43 AM »

Well don't worry too much, as this will be my last one given that I've finally completed the yearly circuit.

And on that note, I put a hex on yo~ou, and now you're mine; Tharja, as its your birthday.

Anyways Tharja. Aside from being miss/missus fanservice in a game loaded with fanservicy female character designs to begin with, she's the first Dark Mage you're likely to get. Unlike Henry though (who's a crit happy beast), Tharja is probably the game's most ridiculous tank (out of all G1 characters). Seriously, five of her six promoted classes provide her with some kind of defensive advantage (not only does Sorcerer have an excellent Resistance cap but a solid Defense cap as well and Tomebreaker for her other classes, Dark Knight is similarly bulky although losing out on offensive capability due to hybridization, General has the best Defense cap in the game and Pavise, Great Knight is almost as physically tanky as General and has both better mobility and Dual Guard+, and Sniper has Long/Towering/Double Bow access to bypass counter attacks). Unfortunately, like most tanks, she too trades offensive power for greater defense, with her only Faire skill being Bowfaire, her only damage output increasing skills being Luna and Vengeance, most of her class options being Strength based thus wasting her Magic growth (especially Great Knight and its hideous 20 Magic cap), and only her most mediocre classes have more than below average Speed caps at best. Still she has a few viable combos as long as she sticks to Sorcerer in the end. Sniper's Hit +20 makes up for her Skill/Luck shortfall (as her growths and caps in said stats are terrible for G1ers) and Dark Magic's generally terrible hit rates, General's Pavise on top of her Sorcerer's fairly solid Defense stat will help absorb a great deal of damage making Sorcerer's Vengeance boosts all the more possible and potent, Sorcerer's Tomebreaker on top of that will help shut down almost any attacks made on her Resistance stat (which in her physical based classes will be a great boon), and Luna can help bypass other opponents' defenses and make up for some of the lost damage potential later in the game.

Tharja's best 'assets' (as it were) are her massive +3 Magic stat cap boost and minor +1 boosts in Speed and Defense and the fact that her biggest hits are taken in Luck and Skill at -3 and -1 respectfully. Despite having only a +1 overall stat cap modifier this is one of the best stat cap modifier spreads in the game simply because it focuses on three prized stats and only penalizes what many consider the series traditional dump stats. With Ricken as her husband, her daughter Noire can eventually give birth to a female Morgan with the highest possible Magic stat cap modifier in the game at +10. Unfortunately Ricken's otherwise a really bad choice outside of Sage and Paladin access (which, alone with their pre-promoted forms, are the only classes she would inherit from him) since those would give her Tomefaire and Aegis respectfully. No her ideal choices are either Donnel or Gaius since like Nowi and Sully, Tharja also has a daughter that cannot be mothered into teh Galeforce. Unfortunately neither father's stat cap modifiers really work all that well with Tharja's huge Magic, but Gaius's Skill and Speed modifiers are useful and both have valuable classes to offer Tharja's child on top of the Pegasus Knight class tree with Donnel's Mercenary and Troubadour trees for more Magic and forged Dark Magic goodness plus Sol and Support Boost+, and Gaius's Thief and Myrmidon class trees for Lucky Seven and Avoid+10's extra dodginess, Astra, and Swordfaire. Gregor and Lon'qu are also solid choices for Tharja since Gregor offers the best of both Donnel's and Gaius's class tree offerings with Myrmidon, Mercenary, and Troubadour access, while Lon'qu offers similar with Myrmidon and Thief plus Wyvern Rider to give Noire a class that's tanky and mobile.

The tl;dr is that Tharja comes pretty late to the G1 party, but has enough time to grow into a solid magic combatant by virtue of being more self-sufficient than the other non-The Avatar magic users in spite of being the least armored (so to speak) magic user. Plus, starting with Dark Magic is always a good thing since Dark Magic is awesome (although Rescue Staff abuse is probably the only thing better still).

AuraChannelerChris
The RPG Adventurer

Ultimate RPG Gamer

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #643 on: April 03, 2014, 10:36:42 PM »

Yesterday was Tharja's birthday!

She'll hex the whole company for receiving a Log.

blackthirteen

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #644 on: April 19, 2014, 10:42:37 AM »

I just got the game for free today, from the intro it looks very solid and I'm glad about all the positive reviews I've read here.

For some mysterious reasons, it's going to be the first one I play in the whole series, so perhaps I'm going to discover a gem and be motivated to play the entire series.
« Last Edit: April 19, 2014, 10:45:04 AM by blackthirteen » Logged
Pages: 1 ... 41 42 [43] 44 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: