Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
September 01, 2014, 07:28:07 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
RPGFan Community Quiz
Next Quiz Date: January 11, 2014
Subject: 999 (Nintendo DS)
For more information click HERE!
330113 Posts in 13528 Topics by 2179 Members
Latest Member: Lian_Kazairl
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  RPGFan Message Boards
|-+  Media
| |-+  Single-Player RPGs
| | |-+  Bravely Default: Flying Fairy
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 67 68 [69] 70 71 Print
Author Topic: Bravely Default: Flying Fairy  (Read 89736 times)
Aeolus
This is the Monado's Powerbomb!

Little did he know, the fall damage would KO him.

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #1020 on: April 19, 2014, 01:40:57 AM »

After a lot of waiting I can't believe I'll get to play the game! I'm getting in as a gift from my girlfriend for easter.
It may sound weird but where I live people trade chocolates but since I'm not eating them much these days she wanted to give me a game!

So, before looking for pages and pages posted here, I'd like to ask a simple question: She I keep changing jobs all the time of stick to some? Like always having a white mage.
Also, are there some preferred abilities people seem to agree are must have?

The way I did it was to figure out the general roles I wanted to assign my characters (i.e. Fighter, Mage, Tank, Healer) and then switch to a Job I figured would best fulfill one of those roles (with some variations). What you should know is that each Job takes 14 levels to master, each Job level boosts stats based on the Job's proficiencies, said boosts are independent of your base stats or other Job levels, and that JP requirements to reach the next level skyrocket after level 9 (which is a good cutoff point unless there's an advanced ability you're gunning for before Chapter 5).

In my vision, I see that one of us is going to KO the other.
Dice
Super Happy Fun Super Girl
AMG A GIRL

Tawdry Hepburn

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #1021 on: April 19, 2014, 01:43:53 AM »

^ Along with Aeo's comment.  People around the water hole say that Agnes is *slightly* more magic oriented, Tiz is your all-rounder, Ring has more Agility, and Edea is more attack based.

http://society6.com/Dice963
Support your local Dice (and pitch her ideas)!
Aeolus

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #1022 on: April 19, 2014, 08:51:16 AM »

^ Along with Aeo's comment.  People around the water hole say that Agnes is *slightly* more magic oriented, Tiz is your all-rounder, Ring has more Agility, and Edea is more attack based.

In all honesty though, this doesn't matter at all. The difference is like maybe 2 or 3 points between a character's Asset and Flaw at level 80+ (whereas its a single point at level 1). You can totally run Agnes as an attacker or whatever and still be perfectly capable of dealing hundreds of thousands of HPs worth of damage during a Bravely Second.

Klutz64

Meow Meow Choco-Chow!

RebornThief
View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #1023 on: April 19, 2014, 10:09:13 AM »

(on that note, I find it so strange that Job Lvls 12, 13, 14 all require 7,000 points and all levelling for the last, oh I dunno, TEN levels has required exactly 70,000 exp points... it just kinda stops escalating... I was wondering why I was still consistently getting decent level ups from just grinding against the same batch of enemies ---- yes, the Florem area Rafflesias.  I kind of admire that; again, this title works in a strange way asking you to really milk its combat...cuz things get tricky for there).

What'choo talkin' 'bout!? All the jobs I've mastered have only required 5,000 points for 13 and 14.

My incredibly adorable avatar was provided by our one and only Dice!
Dice
AMG A GIRL

Tawdry Hepburn

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #1024 on: April 19, 2014, 02:01:47 PM »

(on that note, I find it so strange that Job Lvls 12, 13, 14 all require 7,000 points and all levelling for the last, oh I dunno, TEN levels has required exactly 70,000 exp points... it just kinda stops escalating... I was wondering why I was still consistently getting decent level ups from just grinding against the same batch of enemies ---- yes, the Florem area Rafflesias.  I kind of admire that; again, this title works in a strange way asking you to really milk its combat...cuz things get tricky for there).

What'choo talkin' 'bout!? All the jobs I've mastered have only required 5,000 points for 13 and 14.

Yeah I didn't have the game in front of me and went from memory.

On a side note:
Code:
I forgot some of the Asterisk bosses don't die after.  I love how Prailene just...abandons ship, starts crying, and goes back to an 'ordinary life'.  You can't kill a character like hers afterall!!  So i thought it was fair.  Meanwhile, I thought Braeve (groan*....that name) got off well as well.  Never using a sword feels like a different side of justice not often delivered and a good way to spare us dear players from a tragic death scene...
« Last Edit: April 19, 2014, 02:10:11 PM by Dice » Logged

Klutz64

Meow Meow Choco-Chow!

RebornThief
View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #1025 on: April 19, 2014, 04:28:47 PM »

Code:
I think less of them die than those that do die. But it's been a while since I did the earlier chapters

My incredibly adorable avatar was provided by our one and only Dice!
Dice
AMG A GIRL

Tawdry Hepburn

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #1026 on: April 19, 2014, 05:07:56 PM »

Code:
I think less of them die than those that do die. But it's been a while since I did the earlier chapters

Code:
Like 90% of them die unless it's a "later chapter thing" to keep them alive.  The pirate literally becomes a ghost, Qada fakes his death but is killed by the Swordmaster (who then dies later in Edea's arms), the Ninja lady (Konoe?) is "silenced" (hah) after playing a round of dinner murder mystery.  So all but Praline there.

The Monk and his White Mage buddy both die and get pretty upset by it.  I'm like 90% sure the Black Mage wasn't let go since that guy was crazy.

Victoria was doomed (hah) in the long haul, but both her and Vick get killed together (wtf is Vicky supposed to be anyhow?? Her freaky proportions creepy me out and her sass doesn't make me want her dead any less).

All of the BloodRose sisters are killed, the feral one bites (hah) the dust, Einheria goes with grace to Valhalla (hah), and the Summoner stutters crazily before succumbing herself.  IIRC they kill the Red Mage too after his wine, woman, and so long (hah) and his secret hideout is emptied.

Yeah...we're the Four Heroes of MURDER.

Aeolus

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #1027 on: April 19, 2014, 06:42:57 PM »

Code:

Code:
Like 90% of them die unless it's a "later chapter thing" to keep them alive.  The pirate literally becomes a ghost, Qada fakes his death but is killed by the Swordmaster (who then dies later in Edea's arms), the Ninja lady (Konoe?) is "silenced" (hah) after playing a round of dinner murder mystery.  So all but Praline there.

The Monk and his White Mage buddy both die and get pretty upset by it.  I'm like 90% sure the Black Mage wasn't let go since that guy was crazy.

Victoria was doomed (hah) in the long haul, but both her and Vick get killed together (wtf is Vicky supposed to be anyhow?? Her freaky proportions creepy me out and her sass doesn't make me want her dead any less).

All of the BloodRose sisters are killed, the feral one bites (hah) the dust, Einheria goes with grace to Valhalla (hah), and the Summoner stutters crazily before succumbing herself.  IIRC they kill the Red Mage too after his wine, woman, and so long (hah) and his secret hideout is emptied.

Yeah...we're the Four Heroes of MURDER.

One could kinda assume based upon Chapter 6 dialogue that Holly and Barras live on due to Holly's emergency stealth casting of Reraise during their Trounce 2: The Retrouncing (even though Reraise is a Time Spell in this game).

As for the others that Dice missed
Code:
Lester just shrugs and lets you on your merry way, same with Yulyana, Alternis falls overboard and into the ocean beneath the Pillar of Light to die a Disney Death, Praline A La Mode winds up in a new venue called the Sea Slug, and the Knight, Thief, Merchant, Spell-Blade (bonus points since the funds he was squeezing out of the Time Mage/Merchant were going to a sick orphan in Eternia's hospital which have stopped by the time you get there), Time Mage all straight up croak.

Dice
AMG A GIRL

Tawdry Hepburn

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #1028 on: April 19, 2014, 07:37:41 PM »

Hehehe Disney death.

ultra7k

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #1029 on: April 19, 2014, 11:44:18 PM »

Just going through the final stages (I think) of chapter 2, and figured out how to get the Red Mage class.

Is it just me, or is the Ranger class just straight up OP? I've been doing work as well on Norende village, and have unlocked the Onion shirt and Agnes' clothes (can't recall the name) but they are expensive!! geez, what do they do??
Dice
AMG A GIRL

Tawdry Hepburn

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #1030 on: April 20, 2014, 12:03:30 AM »

Just going through the final stages (I think) of chapter 2, and figured out how to get the Red Mage class.

Is it just me, or is the Ranger class just straight up OP? I've been doing work as well on Norende village, and have unlocked the Onion shirt and Agnes' clothes (can't recall the name) but they are expensive!! geez, what do they do??

It totally is.  Sort of.  Given half of your bosses are Human, it kinda stops a bit short there (but that "homing" attack or whatever makes up for it nicely).  The lack of defence kinda sucks too.

And the clothes are just alternates (japanese cosplay their game characters!?). I'm so sad Ringabel's bathingwear just wasn't brought over at all, we got censors for the ladies, I wouldn't mind boxer briefs for Ringabel!!!!!!!!!!!
They're pricey, but the money/exp/jp comes so easy later (use Merchant, it's like the class the developers bestowed on us players for the sake of money grinding).

AuraChannelerChris
The RPG Adventurer

Ultimate RPG Gamer

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #1031 on: April 20, 2014, 12:06:03 AM »

To put it simply, I thought Monk was OP until Ranger reared its head, and then it got replaced by the next job, and again, and again, and again...

"(Huh. He's been quiet for a while. I wonder what's he thinking?)" ~Made by yours truly~
Youtube Channel - Current Walkthrough: The Wonderful 101
FlamingR1ft
RPGFan Editor

View Profile Email
« Reply #1032 on: April 20, 2014, 12:25:16 AM »

From my experiences, Dark Knight is the most powerful of all damage-dealing classes. With Adversity, Gloom and Rage, outputting massive damage is pretty easy and reliable. If you've also got someone restoring BP to them (Merchant, Performer), then they're pretty much unstoppable.

That said, Spiritmaster is the most broken/OP class due to Stillness.

Dice
AMG A GIRL

Tawdry Hepburn

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #1033 on: April 20, 2014, 01:04:20 AM »

Fight against Victor and Victoria:

*Victoria is finished first*

Victor: Victoria???  VICTORIA!!!!!  I WILL KILL YOU
*casts Fairy Ward*
*Attacks with Floating Club*
*...1 dmg*

I'm not convinced Victoria isn't a matured baby or something.  I don't get what/why her body is the way it is.  Ew.

FlamingR1ft
RPGFan Editor

View Profile Email
« Reply #1034 on: April 20, 2014, 01:14:46 AM »

I think it's the... Chapter 7 (?) fight against them where it is "explained".

Pages: 1 ... 67 68 [69] 70 71 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: