Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
November 24, 2014, 01:02:17 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
We have a new board! Pop on over to the Game Journals section and tell us what you've been playing!
338163 Posts in 13844 Topics by 2214 Members
Latest Member: CoreSignal
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  RPGFan Message Boards
|-+  Media
| |-+  Single-Player RPGs
| | |-+  Bravely Default: Flying Fairy
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 68 69 [70] 71 Print
Author Topic: Bravely Default: Flying Fairy  (Read 103612 times)
Aeolus
This is the Monado's Powerbomb!

Little did he know, the fall damage would KO him.

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #1035 on: April 20, 2014, 03:17:20 AM »

Just going through the final stages (I think) of chapter 2, and figured out how to get the Red Mage class.

Is it just me, or is the Ranger class just straight up OP? I've been doing work as well on Norende village, and have unlocked the Onion shirt and Agnes' clothes (can't recall the name) but they are expensive!! geez, what do they do??
To put it simply, I thought Monk was OP until Ranger reared its head, and then it got replaced by the next job, and again, and again, and again...

At this point, Bows are what's OP'd (as Monk's fists are caught between crappy weapons and the unarmed option not having enough strength to compensate its no frills damage at this point, and Valkyrie/Einherjar are generally better at handling crowds or getting turned into one-shot boss killers with Judgement). They'll fall off soon enough since, as mentioned before, Rangers lack an anti-human option which really cuts into their effectiveness late into Chapter 4. Also, you'll have gained 4 other damage dealing jobs by then, each with their own gimmicks, and each easier to make use of in future "*" holder fights.

In my vision, I see that one of us is going to KO the other.
Ranadiel

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #1036 on: April 20, 2014, 06:16:49 AM »

From my experiences, Dark Knight is the most powerful of all damage-dealing classes. With Adversity, Gloom and Rage, outputting massive damage is pretty easy and reliable. If you've also got someone restoring BP to them (Merchant, Performer), then they're pretty much unstoppable.

That said, Spiritmaster is the most broken/OP class due to Stillness.
I never really messed around with the Dark Knight, but I am voting Ninja as most broken because if properly set up it can do cap damage x8 in a turn.

I'm not convinced Victoria isn't a matured baby or something.  I don't get what/why her body is the way it is.  Ew.
You get new details each refight with them. Although one detail....that isn't discussed by Victor but that you can gather from otherconversations is that:
Code:
Victoria was actually supposed to be the next Water Vestal, but well stuff happened and she gets rejected.
Dice
Dobbelstenen Muil
AMG A GIRL

Tawdry Hepburn

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #1037 on: April 20, 2014, 01:20:39 PM »

I never really messed around with the Dark Knight, but I am voting Ninja as most broken because if properly set up it can do cap damage x8 in a turn.

Explain yourself sir!

I can't seem to deal much damage no matter how much I try. 

*about to go up against Final Boss* o___o
« Last Edit: April 20, 2014, 02:03:24 PM by Dice » Logged

http://society6.com/Dice963
http://www.redbubble.com/people/dice9633

Support your local Dice (and pitch her ideas)!
Aurian

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #1038 on: April 20, 2014, 04:17:01 PM »

Dark knight?

Equip blood sword. Equip skills that boost dark damage, drain attacks, and power.

Max your Braves.

Cast drain from blood sword, then equip a stronger weapon. The drain effect will remain.

Next turn, rage as many times as possible. The drain effect will ensure your hp does not drain from rage. You'll be able to do many rage attacks.

This class is brutal with someone with hasten world since your turns will increase faster (or with someone with dancer+mimic).

Edit....

Oh you wanted ninja? Boost the speed/evasion and he'll strike more times with each weapon. 4x turns with two weapons equipped = 8x attacks. I hear it's also good because of evasion/counter but that tactic never seemed to work for me.
« Last Edit: April 20, 2014, 04:18:55 PM by Aurian » Logged
Dice
Dobbelstenen Muil
AMG A GIRL

Tawdry Hepburn

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #1039 on: April 20, 2014, 11:00:52 PM »

I hear it's also good because of evasion/counter but that tactic never seemed to work for me.

Yeah that was the problem I had with them, it never seems to "work" for me either.  I don't get it.

Thanks for the rest though, I'll give those set ups a shot!!

Oh
http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/729328-bravely-default/68755441
Interesting theory for
Code:
Ringabel possibly being Yulyana
It's pretty compelling.  And I love *good* fan theories (specifically ones that make the content more interesting).

http://society6.com/Dice963
http://www.redbubble.com/people/dice9633

Support your local Dice (and pitch her ideas)!
Aeolus

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #1040 on: April 20, 2014, 11:32:56 PM »

Dark knight?

Equip blood sword. Equip skills that boost dark damage, drain attacks, and power.

Max your Braves.

Cast drain from blood sword, then equip a stronger weapon. The drain effect will remain.

Next turn, rage as many times as possible. The drain effect will ensure your hp does not drain from rage. You'll be able to do many rage attacks.

This class is brutal with someone with hasten world since your turns will increase faster (or with someone with dancer+mimic).

Edit....

Oh you wanted ninja? Boost the speed/evasion and he'll strike more times with each weapon. 4x turns with two weapons equipped = 8x attacks. I hear it's also good because of evasion/counter but that tactic never seemed to work for me.

Still though, DK's Rage is bonkers since two of them hits upwards to 10x at 9999 HP worth of damage in a turn (provided enemies can't block or absorb Dark damage and you have the HP for it) whereas Dual Wielding only works for basic attacks and basic attacks are subject to accuracy/enemy evade issues. Seriously, if it weren't for the game sporting the NES era Hit mechanics, Dual Wield would be as fantastic here as it has been in every FF game its available in, but as it is, Two Handed is by far the better damage dealing technique since physical based moves run off of only your total P. Atk in your dominant hand. Dual Wielding is only really useful for cranking Int or Mind with dual Wands or Staffs respectfully since Int doesn't care how many pieces of equipment modify the stat.

Ranadiel

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #1041 on: April 21, 2014, 06:44:48 AM »

Explain yourself sir!

I can't seem to deal much damage no matter how much I try. 

*about to go up against Final Boss* o___o
I haven't played in more than a month, but what I recall is that to maximize the ninja you need the skill that increases damage when all attacks hit and someway to ignore the hit cap limit (I forget if it is a Diva spell or a skill from another class). Then boost atk and hit as much as possible through buffs and such. Bravex4 to hit for up to 8x max damage per turn. And that is all I remember about it.
ultra7k

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #1042 on: April 21, 2014, 01:26:49 PM »

This is game is way more fun than I expected. Normally, I'm not one to grind and level outside of what is needed, but I can just keep going on this game for no apparent reason.

I know I'm kinda late to the party or whatever, but this really, really does feel very FF.
Aeolus

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #1043 on: July 07, 2014, 05:46:15 AM »

Bravely necrobumping to post the following: http://www.siliconera.com/2014/07/07/new-bravely-default-demo-lets-players-adventure-chapter-four/

So for roughly $20bux more, you can purchase a bunch of rehashed boss fights, voice acted cutscenes, two new jobs, a whole new tier of magic and gear, and a second ending. Depending on the version, that might not be such a bad deal. Of course this is for Japan only right now.

Der Jermeister

The Angry Videogame Fur

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #1044 on: July 07, 2014, 08:08:16 PM »

I'm definitely having a blast with this game, and have done well with a party of two physical attackers and two magicians. Definitely a good spiritual successor to Final Fantasy V.
« Last Edit: July 07, 2014, 10:27:06 PM by Der Jermeister » Logged

AuraChannelerChris
The RPG Adventurer

Ultimate RPG Gamer

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #1045 on: July 08, 2014, 02:08:54 AM »

Bravely necrobumping to post the following: http://www.siliconera.com/2014/07/07/new-bravely-default-demo-lets-players-adventure-chapter-four/

So for roughly $20bux more, you can purchase a bunch of rehashed boss fights, voice acted cutscenes, two new jobs, a whole new tier of magic and gear, and a second ending. Depending on the version, that might not be such a bad deal. Of course this is for Japan only right now.
In other words, the second half of the original game and all of the voice acting aren't in this demo unless people pay $20.

And technically, you miss using two jobs because of that missing half.

"(Huh. He's been quiet for a while. I wonder what's he thinking?)" ~Made by yours truly~
Youtube Channel - Current Walkthrough: The Wonderful 101
Maxximum
Not quite over gaming

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #1046 on: July 08, 2014, 07:25:27 AM »

This thread is 70 pages long now... Says a lot about how starved oldschool gamers are for something, well, oldschool. I'm kind of curious, is this game really THAT good, or is it just a decent reminder of a forgotten genre that clicked with everyone that still wears their nostalgia glasses. Heck, I'm tempted to buy a 3DS just to play it.

NOW PLAYING:
Final Fantasy XIII: The time has come...
Edna & Harvey: The Breakout: Its...Odd...
One Finger Death Punch: F*ck Yeah! - The game
Aeolus

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #1047 on: July 08, 2014, 07:48:15 AM »

This thread is 70 pages long now... Says a lot about how starved oldschool gamers are for something, well, oldschool. I'm kind of curious, is this game really THAT good, or is it just a decent reminder of a forgotten genre that clicked with everyone that still wears their nostalgia glasses. Heck, I'm tempted to buy a 3DS just to play it.

The latter mostly, though there are a ton of quality of life improvements that make getting through the game a hell of a lot easier and the first half of the game is quite solid. It's really the second half of the game that keeps this from being really THAT good. Namely, without getting too much into spoilers, the first half of the game is a lot like FFV's first world where your party is generally running around, collecting jobs and gaining levels, and doing what all good little JRPG heroes do, then the third fourth of the game is basically nothing but you retreading old ground and fighting rehashed boss fights, and the final quarter is the super extreme challenge bonus boss fights mode.

Alternatively....

Ignore the link and the comment about the $20bux and the VA'd cutscenes, and you have an accurate description of the second half of the game.

Maxximum
Not quite over gaming

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #1048 on: July 08, 2014, 10:06:55 AM »

Namely, without getting too much into spoilers, the first half of the game is a lot like FFV's first world where your party is generally running around, collecting jobs and gaining levels, and doing what all good little JRPG heroes do, then the third fourth of the game is basically nothing but you retreading old ground and fighting rehashed boss fights, and the final quarter is the super extreme challenge bonus boss fights mode.

Soooo, its essentially the jRPG equivalent of Megaman? I can live with that.

NOW PLAYING:
Final Fantasy XIII: The time has come...
Edna & Harvey: The Breakout: Its...Odd...
One Finger Death Punch: F*ck Yeah! - The game
Klutz64

Meow Meow Choco-Chow!

RebornThief
View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #1049 on: July 08, 2014, 10:28:50 AM »

I'm still somewhere in the middle of Chapter 5. I just couldn't stomach the boredom, and the knowledge that there's two more chapters of that is not helping motivate me to finish.
Pages: 1 ... 68 69 [70] 71 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: