Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
December 18, 2014, 01:30:18 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
Congratulations to Andrew Barker! RPGfan Editor of the Year and now Chief News Editor!
340871 Posts in 13928 Topics by 2222 Members
Latest Member: XanTehMan
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  RPGFan Message Boards
|-+  Media
| |-+  Single-Player RPGs
| | |-+  Bravely Default: Flying Fairy
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 29 30 [31] 32 33 ... 71 Print
Author Topic: Bravely Default: Flying Fairy  (Read 106653 times)
Cyril

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #450 on: December 17, 2013, 04:39:59 PM »

Well, it is censorship, and pretty unnecessary censorship at that, given the game's rating.  I'm not sure why they bothered.  You can walk down the street in summer and see people dressed in less.

On the other hand, it's not nearly as bad as something like what they did to Xenosaga 1 (where the attempted censorship made a brutal scene even worse) or Xenosaga 3 (where censorship made one scene completely nonsensical).
FlamingR1ft
RPGFan Editor

View Profile Email
« Reply #451 on: December 17, 2013, 04:43:55 PM »

Well, it is censorship, and pretty unnecessary censorship at that, given the game's rating.  I'm not sure why they bothered.  You can walk down the street in summer and see people dressed in less.

Oh sure, I'm not saying it isn't censorship, I'm just not sure what the big deal is. It's such a minor thing that doesn't affect anything and, reading that FAQs topic, you'd think the world was ending.

Mickeymac92

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #452 on: December 17, 2013, 04:44:20 PM »

"THIS IS EVIL CENSORSHIP! WE'RE NOT GOING TO BUY THE GAME BECAUSE ONE IRRELEVANT THING HAS BEEN CENSORED." I lol'd.

I went back to GameFAQs for the first time in years, having thought that was the actual title, and had renewed faith that maybe, just maybe, the community had gotten better (or at least became self-aware of their own stupidity).

Needless to say, my faith was crushed. =P

But really, The reasons for boycotting just keep getting dumber, to the point where I feel like there are just tons of people clamouring for a reason to not buy this game, despite all the hype and good word behind it, and I don't know why.

http://myanimelist.net/profile/mickeymac92

“MY NAME IS POKEY THE PENGUIN I LOVE CHESS!! IT IS LIKE BALLET ONLY WITH MORE EXPLOSIONS!”
Klutz64

Meow Meow Choco-Chow!

RebornThief
View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #453 on: December 17, 2013, 04:49:16 PM »

You talk as if anyone saying they'll boycott the game because of the censorship really will. That tickles my funny bone. Some people just like to make noise.
Mickeymac92

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #454 on: December 17, 2013, 04:54:23 PM »

You talk as if anyone saying they'll boycott the game because of the censorship really will. That tickles my funny bone. Some people just like to make noise.

*Shrug* I guess I have a bad habit of assuming people actually do what they say they're gonna do. =/

“MY NAME IS POKEY THE PENGUIN I LOVE CHESS!! IT IS LIKE BALLET ONLY WITH MORE EXPLOSIONS!”
Starmongoose
Contributing Editor

Smiley Abuser

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #455 on: December 18, 2013, 02:23:10 AM »

Gee, people are seriously up in arms about a 5 second scene on a sprite that you can barely see.

SAVE THE PENGUIN!

Here to suck the fun out of games.
Starmongoose
Contributing Editor

Smiley Abuser

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #456 on: December 22, 2013, 12:35:09 PM »

Andrew's preview is up!!

Are ya'll excited? :D

http://www.rpgfan.com/previews/Bravely_Default/index.html

SAVE THE PENGUIN!

Darilon
Level 5 Spoony Bard

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #457 on: December 22, 2013, 03:31:45 PM »

How is the difficulty in the game? The demo wasn't that hard once you got some equipment but the boss fights were decent challenges.

Starmongoose
Contributing Editor

Smiley Abuser

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #458 on: December 22, 2013, 03:36:13 PM »

Some battles can be rather challenging, even random ones, but status ailments do work on most bosses and do help greatly in general. I was happy with the difficulty throughout.

SAVE THE PENGUIN!

FlamingR1ft
RPGFan Editor

View Profile Email
« Reply #459 on: December 22, 2013, 03:55:27 PM »

I've found a handful of bosses quite challenging, while others have been pushovers; it makes a big difference sometimes as to which jobs you have been levelling/have access to. Random encounters are easy to start with, but they get a big jump in difficulty about half-way through. I'd say the overall difficulty is just right.

Darilon
Level 5 Spoony Bard

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #460 on: December 22, 2013, 03:58:02 PM »

That is great to hear. I was worried that it would be too easy. Thanks to the both of you. Guessing that abusing the village would break the game but it would kind of be your own fault if you do. Tempted to buy it now and play it over Christmas.

You know, because I can.

FlamingR1ft
RPGFan Editor

View Profile Email
« Reply #461 on: December 22, 2013, 04:01:33 PM »

That is great to hear. I was worried that it would be too easy. Thanks to the both of you. Guessing that abusing the village would break the game but it would kind of be your own fault if you do. Tempted to buy it now and play it over Christmas.

While the village wouldn't break the game outright (they actually sell a pretty limited amount of weapons and armour once you get a couple of chapters into the game), it could certainly give you a big advantage in certain situations. You still need enough money to buy them too, of course, which can be challenging early on.

What breaks the game most is the summon friends thing. With the right friends, you can OHKO early bosses and take them out within one turn later in the game. It feels very tacked on and is one o the few things I really don't like about the game. I have avoided summoning friends most of the time.

Starmongoose
Contributing Editor

Smiley Abuser

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #462 on: December 30, 2013, 01:05:49 PM »

I wrote a thing.

http://www.rpgfan.com/reviews/Bravely_Default_Flying_Fairy/index.html

SAVE THE PENGUIN!

Mickeymac92

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #463 on: December 30, 2013, 06:48:41 PM »

Just read the whole review through, and it was interesting. I tried to skim the third to last paragraph, but I couldn't and just had to read the whole thing...which is okay, it wasn't as spoilery as I thought. Thank you for the well-writen review, now I'm very excited for the game.

Funny, I was listening to Final Fantasy V music the whole time I was reading it. Final Fantasy V is one of my favorite RPGs. Perhaps that's a sign?

MeshGearFox

HERE ON RUM ISLAND WE DO NOT BELIEVE IN RUM!

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #464 on: December 30, 2013, 07:06:03 PM »

I heard the last third of the game isn't very good?

o/` I do not feel joy o/`
o/` I do not dream o/`
o/` I only stare at the door and smoke o/`

Pages: 1 ... 29 30 [31] 32 33 ... 71 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: