Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
July 22, 2014, 07:52:47 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
RPGFan Community Quiz
Next Quiz Date: January 11, 2014
Subject: 999 (Nintendo DS)
For more information click HERE!
327178 Posts in 13392 Topics by 2163 Members
Latest Member: KashelGladio
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  RPGFan Message Boards
|-+  Media
| |-+  Single-Player RPGs
| | |-+  Bravely Default: Flying Fairy
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 33 34 [35] 36 37 ... 71 Print
Author Topic: Bravely Default: Flying Fairy  (Read 81361 times)
Mickeymac92

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #510 on: January 04, 2014, 05:59:58 PM »

Anyways, I beat the dragon. I think there's more I can do still, but we'll see. I have plenty of reservations with the demo, but most of them come from the fact that it's a demo that exists solely to show off the battle system and Classes. The difficulty spikes way too hard, the best equipment (which you need by the time you get to the tower, is restricted to the Adventure Shop, which thus forces you to go play something else while you wait for the town to build up. I really don't think I could've taken out that dragon without a Mythril Spear, yet no where I did get one outside of the adventure shop), and you have to switch classes a little more frequently than the area really allows for, since nowhere do you get a lot of Ability points outside of those frogs who are a complete pain to take down until the end unless you have multiple maxed-out Black Mages...when I'm at the end of the demo and still getting 5-9 Job Points per battle, it's really frustrating trying to level up these jobs.
Have Black Mage Lvl. 2 with Sleep on two people, go to the southwest of the castle on the beach area, on first turn spam Sleep with 6 Braves on all Chompers with the fastest party members, eliminate them all one by one while keeping them in their dreams.

Easy 500 money, 240 EXP, and 60 JPs every battle.

Waitwaitwaitwait - Sleep actually does something? That's certainly a first.
Status effects work nearly all the time on normal enemies in any other RPG. BD is no different.

Except now, bosses can also be affected by certain status effects, but the accuracy rate is low.

...it's never worked for me in any game before whenever I tried it. :/

http://myanimelist.net/profile/mickeymac92

“MY NAME IS POKEY THE PENGUIN I LOVE CHESS!! IT IS LIKE BALLET ONLY WITH MORE EXPLOSIONS!”
Darilon
Level 5 Spoony Bard

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #511 on: January 04, 2014, 07:06:32 PM »

If anyone wants to get twenty villagers to transfer from the demo to the main game, there is a way. Credit goes to Super Yoshi at gamefaqs

http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/729328-bravely-default/68255426

Note: You might need to disable auto-save for this. Also you have to start the demo again if you already got the extra villager and saved.

1. Play up to the point where you get the quest for killing the second boss, Adamantite.(That's when I noticed the extra villager being available from that one NPC, so could work earlier too)
2. Save your game before talking to that NPC.(He is somewhere between the spell shop and equipment shop during the day)
3. Go talk to him, and then check that your villager count has increased by 1.
4. Go talk to the Adventurer and choose "To title", and then load up your save file again.
5. Now just talk to the villager giving NPC again, and you should receive another villager!

Norende's progress is automatically saved, so the villager count doesn't change when you load your save file. You can just keep on loading your save file until you have the 20 villagers which is the max you can transfer for the full version, or just keep on getting more so you can get that normally so long taking Play Bonus much faster!

Yggdrasil

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #512 on: January 04, 2014, 08:37:13 PM »

Thanks for reminding me that I don't like NeoGAF...or really 95% of the internet communities out there. :|

EDIT: Sorry, but I really did find those posts rather depressing to read.

Ha, different points of view and all that. I for one agree with what they said.
Jotacon
Contributing Editor

In the Name of the Moon, I will Punish you!

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #513 on: January 04, 2014, 08:40:25 PM »

I liked that the demo was fairly difficult and hope that the game is just as hard. Although I never got the Norende village weapons (or armour) and only mastered 2 classes for each character - so that might have been my fault. I really wish I'd heard about the villager exploit earlier (I would have unlocked stuff if that was the case) because I cleared the game yesterday.

In the end, it was so much fun that I actually wanted to grind more classes for each character! I didn't because I know that I'd just end up hating myself, but I considered it. As for the censoring, I don't care one bit.

Time flies like an arrow; fruit flies like a banana.
Dice
Super Happy Fun Super Girl
AMG A GIRL

Tawdry Hepburn

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #514 on: January 04, 2014, 09:44:11 PM »

meanwhile, Senran Kagura Burst, also rated T, censored ages but no character models :P 

I think that's just an easy way to avoid a headache on Squeenix and Nintendo's part from whatever or however many pitch-fork carrying people there are out there.  I'm guessing this is just a cultural difference too between what is and isn't deemed appropriate (and how 'upping' the character's age makes a lot of these problems go away).  Maybe it's just easier to censor some parts than deal with some of the grief about scantily-clad characters (remember all the hub-bub just before the release of Dragon's Crown?).  This is kinda starting to feel like you're damned if you do and damned if you don't.

Either way, like Unsmashable said and I tried too, I kinda just like the design better with the boxer short and one piece designs over the undies and belts[?].  I'm not troubled by it, I don't really care, I'm looking at it as far as what looks better (to me) than what actually offends.  I agree that censorship is dumb in most cases; but I don't doubt Nintendo or SquareEnix had their [good] reasons too.  And I think someone else mentioned: This level of chibi isn't particularly sexy to begin with....

I wanna play the demo more, and I've heard some people have even poured in like 5-10 hours.  I don't know if I have that in me, I wanna play and go in fresh.  I've enjoyed it though; I'm glad that they seem keen to make Brave Default a new RPG staple for the 3DS. 

EDIT:  Just read this and I can't stand when people cancel a preorder over this kind of stuff....  Good grief, it's like the world ended.
« Last Edit: January 04, 2014, 09:53:27 PM by Dice » Logged

http://society6.com/Dice963
Support your local Dice (and pitch her ideas)!
insertnamehere

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #515 on: January 04, 2014, 10:22:11 PM »

Weird that it was toned down, but FF10-2 stayed intact (at least with Rikku's underage sex appeal) iirc although it probably had something to do with a change of staff.

come get high with me
ba dum tissssss
Aeolus
I'm not evil!

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #516 on: January 04, 2014, 10:36:22 PM »

Too bad I gotta get the collector's edition from Gamestop...

Wait. There's a collector's edition?

You've misunderstood me. I just seek your death only because you're in the way of my goal of world conquest. I can't help it that I have evil ambitions and am named Dark Lord. Honest.
Mickeymac92

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #517 on: January 04, 2014, 10:42:08 PM »

That's what Gamestop calls it at least, with an Artbook, soundtrack, and a deck of AR cards.

http://myanimelist.net/profile/mickeymac92

“MY NAME IS POKEY THE PENGUIN I LOVE CHESS!! IT IS LIKE BALLET ONLY WITH MORE EXPLOSIONS!”
Dice
AMG A GIRL

Tawdry Hepburn

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #518 on: January 04, 2014, 10:47:22 PM »

That's what Gamestop calls it at least, with an Artbook, soundtrack, and a deck of AR cards.

OST and artbook are probably worth it.  AR cards can usually be found online (people scan them).

AuraChannelerChris
The RPG Adventurer

Ultimate RPG Gamer

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #519 on: January 04, 2014, 11:12:07 PM »

Aaaaaaand because of that Villager trick, I deleted and restarted another file in the demo. I want to have an early advantage like that for the main game.

OST and artbook are probably worth it.  AR cards can usually be found online (people scan them).
I preordered the collector's edition because, well, collector's stuff. Your mileage may vary, but I'm glad we're not getting the hideous Agnes figurine Europe got.

(And I don't want scanned AR cards).

"(Huh. He's been quiet for a while. I wonder what's he thinking?)" ~Made by yours truly~
Youtube Channel - Current Walkthrough: The Wonderful 101
FlamingR1ft
RPGFan Editor

View Profile Email
« Reply #520 on: January 04, 2014, 11:27:41 PM »

Yeah, that figure looked awful. I didn't end up getting the collector's since it was incredibly expensive, mostly due to the figure.

re;Norende in the demo: I really wouldn't sweat maxing out your villagers. The game isn't particularly difficult anyway, plus you won't have enough money to buy the best stuff you can get from Norende early on. If you somehow do, you'll just break the game. :P
But if you're doing it for completion sake, then I totally understand. ;)

Klutz64

Meow Meow Choco-Chow!

RebornThief
View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #521 on: January 05, 2014, 09:34:29 AM »

EDIT:  Just read this and I can't stand when people cancel a preorder over this kind of stuff....  Good grief, it's like the world ended.

Ugh. People are still bringing up the Elin in TERA? Because I guess the internet is full of closet lolicons? I mean, this design I could go either way on, but the Elin censorship was something I was actually glad to see.

My incredibly adorable avatar was provided by our one and only Dice!
Yggdrasil

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #522 on: January 05, 2014, 12:40:35 PM »

Why do you think I said this:

I'm all for the proper localization of a product, but this lessens the value of a part of the experience for quite a few of people out there and all because there is a group of dense people that like to make a problem out of nothing all for having different sensibilities, and in my book that's not cool at all.

Granted is nice to see people enjoying BD regardless of the whole deal with the needless censorship. If anything, that's most likely a testament of the quality of the game itself.
Dice
AMG A GIRL

Tawdry Hepburn

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #523 on: January 05, 2014, 12:53:31 PM »

As much as you're willing to say it's "needless censorship" I feel it is just as easy to say "you're right, it's a small insignificant change -- why does it matter this much?"  Someone commented on the issue said it better than me:

"Oh no, these prepubescent lingerie models have been subjected to an additional two brush strokes. The game's whole message is compromised, somehow."

And I didn't think you said that?  I was just commenting on the image you posted of the NeoGaf responses.

Yggdrasil

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #524 on: January 05, 2014, 01:08:49 PM »

"Oh no, these prepubescent lingerie models have been subjected to an additional two brush strokes. The game's whole message is compromised, somehow."

That sort of sounds condescending to me. :v (at least with the tone I'm reading in my head the message anyway).

Is fine though. I mean at end of the day there's 3 camps in the discussion; Those who feel the whole situation is lame, others who are glad it happened (even though they most likely weren't going to buy the game in the first place) and the other group doesn't give a damn because it's dumb to have feelings over video games, or something like that.
Pages: 1 ... 33 34 [35] 36 37 ... 71 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: