Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
September 17, 2014, 09:44:34 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
RPGFan Community Quiz!
Subject: Persona 3: FES
Prize: $20 eShop, PSN or Steam code
Date: 3rd October 2014 Time: 16:00 EST
331461 Posts in 13573 Topics by 2191 Members
Latest Member: Zaltys
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  RPGFan Message Boards
|-+  Media
| |-+  Single-Player RPGs
| | |-+  Bravely Default: Flying Fairy
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 37 38 [39] 40 41 ... 71 Print
Author Topic: Bravely Default: Flying Fairy  (Read 92618 times)
DrGonzo

View Profile WWW Email

Ignore
« Reply #570 on: January 17, 2014, 07:20:14 PM »

I've put in about over 5 hours into the Demo. I can sort of understand Robert and Dave's point about how it doesn't really explain much about how to use certain mechanics, like I didn't really know what Brave and Default were supposed to do. But I'm on Stephen's camp and would say that it adds a lot more freedom to do whatever you want in the world and exploring a lot of what little they let you explore. It's just nice to see Square Enix to make a proper FF5 clone and not make it mobile.

Also this is my first post in like months and I plan on being more active here.
Daggerstrike
Rainbow Club Member

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #571 on: January 22, 2014, 10:27:53 PM »

How does the whole Street pass thing work? I have no DS friends so I am not even sure what the deal is. I am playing the demo and I am loving it.

All right, we are going to use a fan brush here and uh why don't you take some hunter green and we are going to put a happy little bush right down over here in the corner there and that'll just be our little secret and if you tell anyone that that bush is there I will come to your house and I will cut you.
Starmongoose
Contributing Editor

Vicious Feminist

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #572 on: January 22, 2014, 10:42:04 PM »

If you don't pass people very often in person (like hermit me), when you save, once per day you are given the option of looking for streetpasses over the interent, and that will usually net you about 4-5 a day. :)

SAVE THE PENGUIN!

Here to suck the fun out of games.
Dice
Super Happy Fun Super Girl
AMG A GIRL

Tawdry Hepburn

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #573 on: January 22, 2014, 10:59:00 PM »

If you don't pass people very often in person (like hermit me), when you save, once per day you are given the option of looking for streetpasses over the interent, and that will usually net you about 4-5 a day. :)

Bless their hearts.

I've actually noticed more streetpasses from school.  I like to think bringing it everyday inspired the "ocassional bringers" to bring more often.

Yaaay, about two weeks more for us to wait.

http://society6.com/Dice963
Support your local Dice (and pitch her ideas)!
Spoony Mage
I aim to misbehave.

I also aim to please and shoot to kill.

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #574 on: January 23, 2014, 09:43:13 PM »

I work at an airport  coffee shop and there have been days when I have gotten several tags at a time.  The "rebuilding Norende" bonus was unlocked very quickly.  I only spent a few days playing the demo seriously when I brought my 3DS to work with me, so I was at about 31 (including the freebie from the demo) by the time I completed everything in the demo.

Makes me wonder what it'll be like when I play the full game seriously.

Support Silent Protagonists!
At least SOMEONE knows when to shut up!
Daggerstrike
Rainbow Club Member

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #575 on: January 24, 2014, 01:49:13 PM »

I accidentally figured out a way to get extra people for the village without having friends or streetpass. I now have the 20 that I can move over to the real game when it comes out.

All right, we are going to use a fan brush here and uh why don't you take some hunter green and we are going to put a happy little bush right down over here in the corner there and that'll just be our little secret and if you tell anyone that that bush is there I will come to your house and I will cut you.
Aeolus
This is the Monado's Powerbomb!

Little did he know, the fall damage would KO him.

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #576 on: January 24, 2014, 07:09:19 PM »

http://www.siliconera.com/2014/01/24/like-bravely-default-bravely-second-will-subtitle/

Get ready for another spoilerific stealth pun subtitle guys and dolls.

In my vision, I see that one of us is going to KO the other.
Spoony Mage
I aim to misbehave.

I also aim to please and shoot to kill.

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #577 on: January 25, 2014, 01:22:42 AM »

That silver-haired chick looks like trouble.  I like her already.

Support Silent Protagonists!
At least SOMEONE knows when to shut up!
Farron

View Profile WWW Email

Ignore
« Reply #578 on: January 25, 2014, 11:09:05 AM »

With the negative reactions from the demo I think I'll just wait for the complete game.
Like someone mentioned here there are games that may cause you a horrible impression, like Tales of Vesperia demo but actual game was great.

By the way, anyone knows if the game will be available on the eShop?
I sure prefer the physical version for my 3DS games but I spent to much on Christmas plus I still have 40 something on account thanks the SMTIV+ Fire Emblem promotion.

AuraChannelerChris
The RPG Adventurer

Ultimate RPG Gamer

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #579 on: January 25, 2014, 11:55:04 AM »

With the negative reactions from the demo I think I'll just wait for the complete game.
Like someone mentioned here there are games that may cause you a horrible impression, like Tales of Vesperia demo but actual game was great.

By the way, anyone knows if the game will be available on the eShop?
I sure prefer the physical version for my 3DS games but I spent to much on Christmas plus I still have 40 something on account thanks the SMTIV+ Fire Emblem promotion.
All demos released on the eShop usually mean that the full versions will be/are available there so yes.

"(Huh. He's been quiet for a while. I wonder what's he thinking?)" ~Made by yours truly~
Youtube Channel - Current Walkthrough: The Wonderful 101
Dice
AMG A GIRL

Tawdry Hepburn

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #580 on: January 26, 2014, 02:15:09 AM »

http://youtu.be/rNIbPaXr3OE
Summon/Skills Exhibition

Code:
Is there any reason for the.../very/ modern-looking "teasing" that the summons take the form of? 
It's a train! it's a station! No -- it's a Super Fire-Breathing Summon!

Starmongoose
Contributing Editor

Vicious Feminist

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #581 on: January 26, 2014, 02:19:20 AM »

Summon/Skills Exhibition

Code:
Is there any reason for the.../very/ modern-looking "teasing" that the summons take the form of? 

Code:
Not really.

SAVE THE PENGUIN!

Here to suck the fun out of games.
Dice
AMG A GIRL

Tawdry Hepburn

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #582 on: January 26, 2014, 02:23:15 AM »

Summon/Skills Exhibition

Code:

Code:
Not really.

I'm just gonna go for the usual Japanese Dev answer:
We thought it sounded cool

Daggerstrike
Rainbow Club Member

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #583 on: January 26, 2014, 06:41:17 PM »

I think one of the features that gets me most excited is the ability to turn the encounter rate up or down.

blackthirteen

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #584 on: January 26, 2014, 09:00:49 PM »

The more I read about Bravely Default, greater my excitation become.

I must specify the feature to avoid random encounters isn't totally new, I hope Square-Enix won't take all the credits for the 'innovation', especially considering it took them over 50 games to bring that feature in one of their games. The Wild Arms series used a very similar feature during the PS2 era. I've heard similar positive stories about Blue Dragon on XBox. I believe Skyborn by Dancing Dragon Games also had this feature. My take: it was about time Square-Enix decided to bring it after 30 years of history, they should have done this a long time ago.

Pages: 1 ... 37 38 [39] 40 41 ... 71 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: