Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
September 03, 2014, 12:43:58 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
RPGFan Community Quiz
Next Quiz Date: January 11, 2014
Subject: 999 (Nintendo DS)
For more information click HERE!
330203 Posts in 13529 Topics by 2179 Members
Latest Member: Lian_Kazairl
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  RPGFan Message Boards
|-+  Media
| |-+  Single-Player RPGs
| | |-+  Bravely Default: Flying Fairy
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 38 39 [40] 41 42 ... 71 Print
Author Topic: Bravely Default: Flying Fairy  (Read 90204 times)
Dice
Super Happy Fun Super Girl
AMG A GIRL

Tawdry Hepburn

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #585 on: January 26, 2014, 09:47:59 PM »

The more I read about Bravely Default, greater my excitation become.

I must specify the feature to avoid random encounters isn't totally new, I hope Square-Enix won't take all the credits for the 'innovation', especially considering it took them over 50 games to bring that feature in one of their games. The Wild Arms series used a very similar feature during the PS2 era. I've heard similar positive stories about Blue Dragon on XBox. I believe Skyborn by Dancing Dragon Games also had this feature. My take: it was about time Square-Enix decided to bring it after 30 years of history, they should have done this a long time ago.

I think the "No Random Battles" thing will still get hailed because it's still in too few RPGs (and if it is you need some dipshit item to activate it; at least with respect to SquareEnix RPGs).

I liked the Wild Arms battle thing a lot, actually.  A clever solution that didn't completely remedy the problem but alleviated it by a lot.
Though the Xenoblade system in the end wins out, IMO.  It's a GRACE to ignore battles of enemies that are significantly weaker than you.

All in all, I kinda want random battle to be done away with and have enemy sprites appear on the screen.  I don't like the "surprise" of entering a battle; I like seeing it and anticipating it (and preparing for it if I just walked through some poison or other hazard that RPGs like throwing in).

http://society6.com/Dice963
Support your local Dice (and pitch her ideas)!
Farron

View Profile WWW Email

Ignore
« Reply #586 on: January 31, 2014, 06:40:00 PM »

I just decided to try the demo since I had to create a NNID to download the free Zelda game.
So far I'm liking quite a bit! I'm just a bit confused about the friends list. I though it was going to load up our friends we already have or does this NNID changes everything from the old Friend Code days?
I never took my 3DS online capabilities seriously, not even with Pokemon but now that I can get bonus on a game I will probably like for real I'm kind of interested.
So, anyone knows how this works?

AuraChannelerChris
The RPG Adventurer

Ultimate RPG Gamer

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #587 on: January 31, 2014, 09:08:04 PM »

Hoooooooo boy, one week left. Whatever happens in that game, I'll name it my personal GOTY.

I just decided to try the demo since I had to create a NNID to download the free Zelda game.
So far I'm liking quite a bit! I'm just a bit confused about the friends list. I though it was going to load up our friends we already have or does this NNID changes everything from the old Friend Code days?
I never took my 3DS online capabilities seriously, not even with Pokemon but now that I can get bonus on a game I will probably like for real I'm kind of interested.
So, anyone knows how this works?

For one, online stuff doesn't work on the demo.

For two, online stuff works just fine in the full game.

That should answer everything.

For three, you should abuse that villager trick before you take on the second boss's quest.
« Last Edit: January 31, 2014, 10:56:28 PM by AuraChannelerChris » Logged

"(Huh. He's been quiet for a while. I wonder what's he thinking?)" ~Made by yours truly~
Youtube Channel - Current Walkthrough: The Wonderful 101
Klutz64

Meow Meow Choco-Chow!

RebornThief
View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #588 on: February 02, 2014, 10:13:51 PM »

I just realized today how absolutely astounding it is that Square Enix isn't trying to attract more of an audience to this game by lazily attaching the Final Fantasy brand to the title. Makes me hopeful the company still has some soul left.

My incredibly adorable avatar was provided by our one and only Dice!
ZeronHitaro

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #589 on: February 03, 2014, 03:18:16 PM »

I just realized today how absolutely astounding it is that Square Enix isn't trying to attract more of an audience to this game by lazily attaching the Final Fantasy brand to the title. Makes me hopeful the company still has some soul left.

They literally can't because of negative peripheral marketing.

Final Fantasy: Bravely Default

-sounds like-

Final Fantasy - All The Bravest

FF-ATB really, really, really damaged SE's reputation in the casual gamer market (the hardcore market has always been split by them with each new title). They can't put anything even remotely called 'Brave' (whether it be an English-made name or the original Japanese title before alteration) next to 'Final Fantasy' without immediately harming that game's chances of selling. Basically due to your average customer, who doesn't follow exact names/gaming histories, is going to think "Final Fantasy + Bravest = Suck. Bravest = Brave = Bravely = Suck."
Dice
AMG A GIRL

Tawdry Hepburn

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #590 on: February 07, 2014, 12:03:28 AM »

Got the NA version:

Was this on the EU release too?  Yay, my education will pay off.

Quick Q (already):
Are quests missable?
Is there any catch to just obliterating the final on-screen enemy with four Bravely Attacks in a row?
« Last Edit: February 07, 2014, 12:14:05 AM by Dice » Logged

Aeolus
This is the Monado's Powerbomb!

Little did he know, the fall damage would KO him.

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #591 on: February 07, 2014, 12:53:32 AM »

Got the NA version:

I feel like this image is trying to tell me something but I can't seem to grasp it. Quick! Get me somebody literate!

In my vision, I see that one of us is going to KO the other.
AuraChannelerChris
The RPG Adventurer

Ultimate RPG Gamer

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #592 on: February 07, 2014, 01:09:46 AM »

Got the NA version:

I feel like this image is trying to tell me something but I can't seem to grasp it. Quick! Get me somebody literate!
Not good, man! I can only write but I'm not sure I wrote this reply right!

"(Huh. He's been quiet for a while. I wonder what's he thinking?)" ~Made by yours truly~
Youtube Channel - Current Walkthrough: The Wonderful 101
Ranadiel

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #593 on: February 07, 2014, 07:25:38 AM »

I should be getting this game today.....I still don't know why it is supposed to be good, but I will give it a shot and if it turns out to be what I fear it is then I will be sure to complain endlessly.

Got the NA version:

Damn it, my infinite number of monkeys with keyboards just got sick. Twenty seven blue 19 milk jhsiojhksrhgikrjhngikrjhngikrjmngfv cjklirhgikjhgvnjklcfhnvkl hnifgvhn Shakespeare.
Darilon
Level 5 Spoony Bard

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #594 on: February 07, 2014, 07:58:02 AM »

Quick Q (already):
Are quests missable?
Is there any catch to just obliterating the final on-screen enemy with four Bravely Attacks in a row?

Quests are missable but any jobs you missed will be available later. None are that hidden though. The blue symbol pops up on the map whenever one becomes available. I think only the sea quest in chapter 3 isn't completely obvious but you will probably bump into it anyway.

If the enemy survives, it basically gets four attacks on you without you being able to heal yourself. Otherwise, no drawbacks.

Blace

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #595 on: February 07, 2014, 10:24:47 AM »

Waiting on my shipment from Amazon. Can't wait to play it!

Klutz64

Meow Meow Choco-Chow!

RebornThief
View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #596 on: February 07, 2014, 11:37:05 AM »

Picked up my CE from Gamestop today. The artbook is pretty stellar.

My incredibly adorable avatar was provided by our one and only Dice!
Dice
AMG A GIRL

Tawdry Hepburn

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #597 on: February 07, 2014, 11:48:17 AM »

Picked up my CE from Gamestop today. The artbook is pretty stellar.

Technically and sadly one of the first official publications with Yoshida's art (that isn't a strategy guide).  I actually really, really want FF14: Realm Reborn CE JUST for the artbook. D:

Quick Q (already):
Are quests missable?

Quests are missable but any jobs you missed will be available later. None are that hidden though. The blue symbol pops up on the map whenever one becomes available. I think only the sea quest in chapter 3 isn't completely obvious but you will probably bump into it anyway.

If the enemy survives, it basically gets four attacks on you without you being able to heal yourself. Otherwise, no drawbacks.

Thanks a bunch Darlion!

Agent D.

"Mage"nt D.

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #598 on: February 07, 2014, 01:36:05 PM »

No copies for sale at my local lamestop, so I bought a 50 dollar nintendo card and am hoping I can get home and download it shortly. Fucking loved their reply to it too, they had 7 copies with 8 preorders held. Astounding logic, to have less copies than required for preorder customers and 0 for casual pick up. HOW THE HELL IS THIS FRANCHISE IN BUSINESS STILL?

TASTY!
Blace

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #599 on: February 07, 2014, 02:05:19 PM »

No copies for sale at my local lamestop, so I bought a 50 dollar nintendo card and am hoping I can get home and download it shortly. Fucking loved their reply to it too, they had 7 copies with 8 preorders held. Astounding logic, to have less copies than required for preorder customers and 0 for casual pick up. HOW THE HELL IS THIS FRANCHISE IN BUSINESS STILL?

I've had that happen so many times, that's why I now strictly pre-order through Amazon. Guaranteed game on release day and I don't even have to leave the house.

Pages: 1 ... 38 39 [40] 41 42 ... 71 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: