Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
October 25, 2014, 05:54:16 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
RPGFan Community Quiz!
Persona 3 FES Quiz is now OVER!
Winner was user: Monsoon!
334803 Posts in 13711 Topics by 2200 Members
Latest Member: Rgeneb1
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  RPGFan Message Boards
|-+  Media
| |-+  Single-Player RPGs
| | |-+  Bravely Default: Flying Fairy
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 41 42 [43] 44 45 ... 71 Print
Author Topic: Bravely Default: Flying Fairy  (Read 98643 times)
ChronoPower
Chimerautomaton

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #630 on: February 08, 2014, 05:59:17 PM »

I got my collectors edition yesterday, lovin it so far!
plus, dat agnes virtual reality

"It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it." - Aristotle
*Insert favorite Movie/Video Game quote here*
*Insert Batman quote here*
Daggerstrike
Rainbow Club Member

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #631 on: February 08, 2014, 06:50:38 PM »

I didn't receive my guaranteed order from Amazon yesterday. According to UPS it hasn't even left the Amazon facility yet. I had never ordered a pre release from Amazon. I called them today and they admitted to dropping the ball and refunded my order, and sent out the game to get here Tuesday.

All right, we are going to use a fan brush here and uh why don't you take some hunter green and we are going to put a happy little bush right down over here in the corner there and that'll just be our little secret and if you tell anyone that that bush is there I will come to your house and I will cut you.
Agent D.

"Mage"nt D.

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #632 on: February 08, 2014, 08:44:41 PM »

I'll add my friend code in a bit, but a few thoughts.

I overleveled....waaaaaayyyyyyy too much. I doubled the encounter rate to make some money to buy weapons, amd before I knew it I was level 30 amd I just fought the dragon boss in the vestment cave, and I got unscathed and 1 turn victor on it. So yeah, overleveled much.

But beyond that, the game is fun. Music is nice, story is simple but funny. Ringabel is awesome. Monk is OP, by far. It demolishes fights. I am very pleased thus far.

Did you know that....

....you can turn off EXP gains or any other post battle gain like JP and Cash?

Now you know that.
I'm a tad insulted that you think I didn't know that, having adjusted the encounter rate which is in the same menu as said options.

TASTY!
Aeolus
This is the Monado's Powerbomb!

Little did he know, the fall damage would KO him.

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #633 on: February 08, 2014, 09:41:25 PM »

I overleveled....waaaaaayyyyyyy too much. I doubled the encounter rate to make some money to buy weapons, amd before I knew it I was level 30 amd I just fought the dragon boss in the vestment cave, and I got unscathed and 1 turn victor on it. So yeah, overleveled much.

But beyond that, the game is fun. Music is nice, story is simple but funny. Ringabel is awesome. Monk is OP, by far. It demolishes fights. I am very pleased thus far.

Did you know that....

Now you know that.
I'm a tad insulted that you think I didn't know that, having adjusted the encounter rate which is in the same menu as said options.

To be fair, I was trying to quote Bill Nye The Science Guy with the way I phrased that. That said, its more of an in general 'good to know' thing (seriously, there are times where an option like this would come in handy, albeit mostly in games that do far stupider shit like level scaling) because there's been plenty of press in terms of adjusting encounter rates and not enough (IMO) on adjusting post battle gains. #themoreyouknow #knowingishalfthebattle

In my vision, I see that one of us is going to KO the other.
Dice
Super Happy Fun Super Girl
AMG A GIRL

Tawdry Hepburn

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #634 on: February 08, 2014, 09:59:18 PM »

Did you know that....

Now you know that.
To be fair, I was trying to quote Bill Nye The Science Guy with the way I phrased that. That said, its more of an in general 'good to know' thing (seriously, there are times where an option like this would come in handy, albeit mostly in games that do far stupider shit like level scaling) because there's been plenty of press in terms of adjusting encounter rates and not enough (IMO) on adjusting post battle gains. #themoreyouknow #knowingishalfthebattle

THAT'S NOT HOW IT GOES.  IT'S:

"DID YOU KNOW THAT? 
(FACT)
NOW YOU KNOW!!"

http://youtu.be/Jja3uXHNbyQ

http://society6.com/Dice963
http://www.redbubble.com/people/dice9633

Support your local Dice (and pitch her ideas)!
Aeolus

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #635 on: February 08, 2014, 10:25:51 PM »

Did you know that....

Now you know that.

THAT'S NOT HOW IT GOES.  IT'S:

"DID YOU KNOW THAT? 
(FACT)
NOW YOU KNOW!!"

http://youtu.be/Jja3uXHNbyQ

Missed it by 'that' much.

Agent D.

"Mage"nt D.

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #636 on: February 09, 2014, 04:16:25 AM »

The fact portion is generally spoke in a normal tone, though.

Friend code = 2337-4480-1036

I'm 35 now, just passing through the miasma forest (yeah way overleveled, but meh, enjoying it). Add me for a crack shot summon friend attack.

TASTY!
Aeolus

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #637 on: February 09, 2014, 07:00:46 AM »

I'm assuming the sidequest takes a break after netting the Merchant job because I've been hovering around at night and the guard wont let me through.

Otherwise, I'm currently in the upper teens and should be moseying over to the Wind Shrine by now.

Edit: And I hate myself for caring about burning through items in this game. This is a Final Fantasy game (in almost everything but name), I've got loot to burn and pg to spend.
« Last Edit: February 09, 2014, 07:19:33 AM by Aeolus » Logged

Ranadiel

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #638 on: February 09, 2014, 07:30:29 AM »

Have made 0 progress in the plot since yesterday. Instead I've been playing Diablo 3 while micromanaging my village. As a result I now have all shops unlocked with an item shop and an armor shop at level 11......I should probably go visit that king at some point. I'm sure nothing important is going on though, it isn't like the enemy commander was invading while I was dancing on the corpse of the Black Mage commander.
Klutz64

Meow Meow Choco-Chow!

RebornThief
View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #639 on: February 09, 2014, 09:41:51 AM »

So far the only thing about this game that gets on my nerves a bit is the localization. It reads like someone translated the script in a very simple style, and then another someone came by with a thesaurus and changed random words to "fancy it up."
Aurian

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #640 on: February 09, 2014, 10:22:07 AM »

Oh no, the friend codes are incredibly useful early on.  I'd say they're probably more useful early than they are later when you're more self-sufficient.  They give you a nice buff when your attack power is still low.

Added you.

Thanks! Don't see you though, guessing there is some sort of delay. I barely use this feature.

Well it's good to know about the buffs, it's a pretty interesting mechanic tbh.

I'm new to the friend thing myself - just noticed that I need to go back to the friend code menu and accept someone before they seem to show up. Its not enough for you to both just add each other.
Aeolus

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #641 on: February 09, 2014, 12:02:39 PM »

So far the only thing about this game that gets on my nerves a bit is the localization. It reads like someone translated the script in a very simple style, and then another someone came by with a thesaurus and changed random words to "fancy it up."

I've been noticing the difference between the JP audio, and the localized text. Amusing that it feels like we've got Alexander O. Smith taking liberties instead of Ted Woosley, and yet its somehow appropriate this time around (given the whole 'this game is a giant walking reference to FFs III & V). Really wish they had a better English VA for Tiz.

Dice
Super Happy Fun Super Girl
AMG A GIRL

Tawdry Hepburn

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #642 on: February 09, 2014, 12:36:42 PM »

I've been noticing the difference between the JP audio, and the localized text. Amusing that it feels like we've got Alexander O. Smith taking liberties instead of Ted Woosley, and yet its somehow appropriate this time around (given the whole 'this game is a giant walking reference to FFs III & V). Really wish they had a better English VA for Tiz.

I definitely don't think Tiz is the weakest link; its more of a toss up between the kinda muppet-sounding Agnes and wannabe-playboy Ringabel's nasal-y voice (doesn't help we waste a lot of dialogue for him to speak some sweet nothing).

I really agree with Klutz though; it's true, sometimes the script really fancies itself up, and sometimes it's a bit plainer.  I don't normally pay attention to these sort of things, but it was enough to notice.

http://society6.com/Dice963
http://www.redbubble.com/people/dice9633

Support your local Dice (and pitch her ideas)!
Agent D.

"Mage"nt D.

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #643 on: February 09, 2014, 01:01:56 PM »

I added a bunch of friend codes here so check your lists and such, please.

The script kinda feels like watching an episode of frasier. Ringabel and Agnes are so proper sounding, then Tiz comes off as a hillbilly, and Edea could be a valley girl. It's cute if a tad forced. Sage dude is awesome though.

TASTY!
MonCapitan2002

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #644 on: February 09, 2014, 03:47:42 PM »

I just added you.  If anyone wants to add me, my code is 0645-6505-4522.  I go by MonCappy on Nintendo.

I tried fighting beelzebub lvl10.....that is not a level 10 fight!

Goddamn it, when my level can't kill an enemy of the same level, i don't know what to do with these "levels" anymore....

BRAVERS.  FRIEND CODE.  RAAAH NOW. DO-EET.
I couldn't beat Beelzebub until I was around level 15.  He kept kicking my ass with his acid breath attack.  Even after leveling up that high, the fight was no picnic.

P.S.  I added Dice, Cyril and Klutz to my friends list.  Reciprocation would be highly appreciated.
« Last Edit: February 09, 2014, 03:55:14 PM by MonCapitan2002 » Logged

Pages: 1 ... 41 42 [43] 44 45 ... 71 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: