Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
November 21, 2014, 07:25:46 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
We have a new board! Pop on over to the Game Journals section and tell us what you've been playing!
337886 Posts in 13833 Topics by 2212 Members
Latest Member: WhiteWishes
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  RPGFan Message Boards
|-+  Media
| |-+  Single-Player RPGs
| | |-+  Bravely Default: Flying Fairy
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 46 47 [48] 49 50 ... 71 Print
Author Topic: Bravely Default: Flying Fairy  (Read 102805 times)
Klutz64

Meow Meow Choco-Chow!

RebornThief
View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #705 on: February 12, 2014, 09:55:58 AM »

Anyone else's damage output take a nosedive in Miasma Woods? Where four levels ago my black mage could hit an enemy's weakness for 500+ damage, now I'm lucky to get half that. Same with my physical attackers. And I Have all the best gear available outside of Norende.
AuraChannelerChris
The RPG Adventurer

Ultimate RPG Gamer

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #706 on: February 12, 2014, 11:21:45 AM »

Anyone else's damage output take a nosedive in Miasma Woods? Where four levels ago my black mage could hit an enemy's weakness for 500+ damage, now I'm lucky to get half that. Same with my physical attackers. And I Have all the best gear available outside of Norende.
I'm playing on Hard, so here goes...

Of course your damage output will possibly take a nosedive when you freshly enter new chapters in the game. It's a matter of finding the next strongest weapon and leveling up a few levels that will make a difference.

"(Huh. He's been quiet for a while. I wonder what's he thinking?)" ~Made by yours truly~
Youtube Channel - Current Walkthrough: The Wonderful 101
Agent D.

"Mage"nt D.

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #707 on: February 12, 2014, 01:31:34 PM »

Just beat the vampire, everyone's level 83. I was cheap and had everyone sub ninja for utsusemi casting and turn tables for free bp. Pushover fight that way.

TASTY!
Darilon
Level 5 Spoony Bard

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #708 on: February 12, 2014, 01:36:59 PM »

Just beat the vampire, everyone's level 83. I was cheap and had everyone sub ninja for utsusemi casting and turn tables for free bp. Pushover fight that way.
Jesus man, I was less than half that at that stage of the game on hard mode. Where did you even grind? Guessing it was around the world map where you go for chapter 4 but it must have taken forever.

Agent D.

"Mage"nt D.

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #709 on: February 12, 2014, 01:52:29 PM »

Jesus man, I was less than half that at that stage of the game on hard mode. Where did you even grind? Guessing it was around the world map where you go for chapter 4 but it must have taken forever.
I was just outside of everlast tower. Had a pretty solid method for it. I had my 3 melee types circulating between a job I wanted leveled for them and a job that either had S or A in daggers or was ninja, gave em acrobatics for sub, and boosted attack as high as possible along with double falcon knives. The one guy who would be my workhorse would double crescent moon and everyone else would either do an area attack of just vanilla attacks to clean up. Fights lasted 3 seconds while I watched tv. Growth Egg helped tremendously though, was getting 600 jp off the 6 pack of those little root looking monsters (and 6k exp). Once I wisened up and bought 3 alarm earrings to stop getting enemy first strikes, I was swimming in jp and level ups. Been playing too much ffxi and ffxiv, grinding is fairly second nature to me, so I'm not easily bothered.

To be fair, I went from 50 to 83 this morning, so take that as you will.

TASTY!
Raze

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #710 on: February 12, 2014, 04:19:22 PM »

Anyone else's damage output take a nosedive in Miasma Woods?

I definitely noticed attack magic getting shitty, physical not so much. When I got the 2nd tier elemental attacks it was pretty strong again, but I'm not sure if black magic is something I want to invest in now. I mean, with the brave system spamming 4 firas is 60mp and they'll probably be back in a slump again before I get the tier 3 magic. While a swordmage could just spend 15mp once and be good for the whole fight.

While it hurts black mage, bravings nice for other classes though. Utility like sword magic or stealing is a lot nicer when you still have 3 attacks to kill everything and they don't waste a whole turn.
AuraChannelerChris
The RPG Adventurer

Ultimate RPG Gamer

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #711 on: February 12, 2014, 05:02:39 PM »

Ranger has pretty much become my high-damage dealer, combined with Sword Magic. The once amazing Monk job has fallen in such harsh times until I find a very strong weapon for it.

I was worried that Chapter 3's difficulty spike would present troubles for me, but I think I solved it with some ingenuous level grinding tactic I designed for the keep...while getting stinky rich.

"(Huh. He's been quiet for a while. I wonder what's he thinking?)" ~Made by yours truly~
Klutz64

Meow Meow Choco-Chow!

RebornThief
View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #712 on: February 12, 2014, 05:55:40 PM »

My problem seemed to be having too many low job-levels in my party at once., so I decided to focus my jobs a little better and it seems to have done the trick.
Dice
Dobbelstenen Muil
AMG A GIRL

Tawdry Hepburn

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #713 on: February 12, 2014, 06:33:59 PM »

I love hearing people's "indirect tips here".

Also.... is it sad that I arrived in Florem AND JUST NOW made a conscious note that the Party Chat has the "Freelancer" character models? 

Also, while I love-love-LOVE the OST, I've realized half the songs start with the same instrumental chime and it's tripping me out (like when you realized JJ Abrams abuses Lens Flare and it's all you can see and look for).

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=pm6N1FQmXmg#t=39 (example of what I mean)
http://youtu.be/sk-9ihcy2R8  IT'S
http://youtu.be/vHeuR_bC9GM  LITERALLY
http://youtu.be/lIVBqSIVcSQ EVERY- (love this song, btw)
http://youtu.be/hxKu8RVCMko  WHERE
« Last Edit: February 12, 2014, 06:37:12 PM by Dice » Logged

http://society6.com/Dice963
http://www.redbubble.com/people/dice9633

Support your local Dice (and pitch her ideas)!
Klutz64

Meow Meow Choco-Chow!

RebornThief
View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #714 on: February 12, 2014, 06:36:51 PM »

I also just arrived in Florem and it's around this time that my desire to see nothing but checkmarks in the tutorial quest log, and my desire to pay as little attention to the "social" elements in the game are starting to clash.
Dice
Dobbelstenen Muil
AMG A GIRL

Tawdry Hepburn

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #715 on: February 12, 2014, 06:40:04 PM »

I also just arrived in Florem and it's around this time that my desire to see nothing but checkmarks in the tutorial quest log, and my desire to pay as little attention to the "social" elements in the game are starting to clash.

I don't get the Norende weapon shop.  Half of it is waaaaayy too expensive and it doesn't balance out in how much it benefits your stats.  One item is like 18,000 pg and raises my atk power by about 20.

http://society6.com/Dice963
http://www.redbubble.com/people/dice9633

Support your local Dice (and pitch her ideas)!
Agent D.

"Mage"nt D.

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #716 on: February 12, 2014, 07:07:24 PM »

I don't get the Norende weapon shop.  Half of it is waaaaayy too expensive and it doesn't balance out in how much it benefits your stats.  One item is like 18,000 pg and raises my atk power by about 20.
This is more like old rpgs, small stat bonuses give actual payoffs. A 20 point attack boost can give like 500 damage to attacks, and a 20 int boost is pretty freaking huge.

Code:
I blewed up a crystal
...and it was good.

TASTY!
AuraChannelerChris
The RPG Adventurer

Ultimate RPG Gamer

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #717 on: February 13, 2014, 10:15:10 AM »

Yes, that crystal boss in chapter 3? Totally evil. A super AoE attack that anybody at lvl. 44 can barely survive on Default? I should have overleveled at that keep.

I was worried that I was going to lose two jobs when I saw the two empty spots above the last one for that chapter, but luckily it wasn't true... I do think that the dialogue for getting the Pirate job was changed because I didn't know its quest was activated after visiting the shack.

Agent D.

"Mage"nt D.

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #718 on: February 13, 2014, 11:01:21 AM »

Yes, that crystal boss in chapter 3? Totally evil. A super AoE attack that anybody at lvl. 44 can barely survive on Default? I should have overleveled at that keep.
It's physical based I think, so protects go a long way there. That guy was a pissant for me too, so don't feel bad.

TASTY!
Ranadiel

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #719 on: February 14, 2014, 06:49:46 AM »

Anyone else find that the villain's plans make no sense?

Code:
Okay wind temple continent, the evil plan is to extort people and force them to labor to make them love progress.....they are going to end up hating the merchant and the king. Why would they ever believe the bile coming from the guy forcing them to work 18 hour days and allows a guy to take all their earnings for basic necessities? He is the source of their suffering.

Water temple continent, we've made a city full of religious nuns into a bunch of teeny boppers who only care about fashion.....okay, I guess that works. Oh and our fashions kill them.....why?

Fire continent seems better so far? Although the pirate seems to have been doing absolutely nothing to anyone, so I'm slightly worried that it is going to get stupid soon.
Pages: 1 ... 46 47 [48] 49 50 ... 71 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: