Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
October 26, 2014, 01:17:50 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
RPGFan Community Quiz!
Persona 3 FES Quiz is now OVER!
Winner was user: Monsoon!
334851 Posts in 13711 Topics by 2200 Members
Latest Member: Rgeneb1
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  RPGFan Message Boards
|-+  Media
| |-+  Single-Player RPGs
| | |-+  Bravely Default: Flying Fairy
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 49 50 [51] 52 53 ... 71 Print
Author Topic: Bravely Default: Flying Fairy  (Read 98985 times)
Dice
Super Happy Fun Super Girl
AMG A GIRL

Tawdry Hepburn

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #750 on: February 16, 2014, 11:05:51 PM »

http://th07.deviantart.net/fs71/PRE/f/2014/047/6/2/bravely_by_dice9633-d76szr3.jpg

Airy got me curious about butterfly wings.  So I looked up a bunch and drew this!  Enjoy: Half love for Brave Default, half for love of nature. Whoop whoop
That's pretty cool actually...

Code:
but fuck airy, that lying, muderous bitch.

Warning, don't check the spoiler tag unless you're well past chapter 6.

Code:
I made the image kind of "hard to see" for that reason.  It looks peaceful, but I wanted it to be complicated and convoluted because of her....spoilers

« Last Edit: February 16, 2014, 11:09:40 PM by Dice » Logged

http://society6.com/Dice963
http://www.redbubble.com/people/dice9633

Support your local Dice (and pitch her ideas)!
Ranadiel

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #751 on: February 17, 2014, 06:43:58 AM »

Whee in chapter 5. I'm thinking I am going to grind my class levels up a bit and then go for the "normal" ending.
Agent D.

"Mage"nt D.

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #752 on: February 17, 2014, 10:43:15 AM »

Whee in chapter 5. I'm thinking I am going to grind my class levels up a bit and then go for the "normal" ending.
Bring a spiritmaster and the fight's are pretty easy, fairy ward and adaptation make everything easy.

TASTY!
AuraChannelerChris
The RPG Adventurer

Ultimate RPG Gamer

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #753 on: February 17, 2014, 05:05:23 PM »

I'm above the 65 hour mark and this game doesn't seem to end yet! I got all the jobs and even still the boss fights get more complicated...and very epic.

"(Huh. He's been quiet for a while. I wonder what's he thinking?)" ~Made by yours truly~
Youtube Channel - Current Walkthrough: The Wonderful 101
Dice
Super Happy Fun Super Girl
AMG A GIRL

Tawdry Hepburn

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #754 on: February 17, 2014, 05:11:53 PM »

Ugh, I regret to say with my time being what it is, I doubt I'd have time to invest into a hard mode even though I want to. :(

As is, my longest session with it yesterday was on the toilet.

http://society6.com/Dice963
http://www.redbubble.com/people/dice9633

Support your local Dice (and pitch her ideas)!
Agent D.

"Mage"nt D.

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #755 on: February 17, 2014, 05:17:13 PM »

All jobs mastered on all characters, all 99. Chapter 6 still...

TASTY!
Klutz64

Meow Meow Choco-Chow!

RebornThief
View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #756 on: February 17, 2014, 05:26:30 PM »

I wish I had that kind of dedication. I'm still struggling through the end of Chapter 2...
AuraChannelerChris
The RPG Adventurer

Ultimate RPG Gamer

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #757 on: February 17, 2014, 07:06:02 PM »

I wish I had that kind of dedication. I'm still struggling through the end of Chapter 2...
It's a safe bet your game will MAKE you have that dedication...if you're playing Hard Mode.

"(Huh. He's been quiet for a while. I wonder what's he thinking?)" ~Made by yours truly~
Darilon
Level 5 Spoony Bard

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #758 on: February 17, 2014, 08:39:01 PM »

It's a safe bet your game will MAKE you have that dedication...if you're playing Hard Mode.

Nah, apart from the bonus boss and maybe the final subquest nothing in hard mode requires you to be at that level. Every boss has a pattern and once you find it, the fights become a hell of a lot easier. Like how the chapter 4 subquest boss in the castle at the northwestern part of the world map only uses Energy Blast right after he drains BP from you. Nothing in chapter 6 requires those levels to beat it. I think I was level 75 entering the final chapter in hard mode.

AuraChannelerChris
The RPG Adventurer

Ultimate RPG Gamer

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #759 on: February 17, 2014, 08:56:35 PM »

Nah, apart from the bonus boss and maybe the final subquest nothing in hard mode requires you to be at that level. Every boss has a pattern and once you find it, the fights become a hell of a lot easier. Like how the chapter 4 subquest boss in the castle at the northwestern part of the world map only uses Energy Blast right after he drains BP from you. Nothing in chapter 6 requires those levels to beat it. I think I was level 75 entering the final chapter in hard mode.
I am pretty sure that at Hard Mode, it's suicide to try starting that subquest at mere lvl. 75.

Klutz64

Meow Meow Choco-Chow!

RebornThief
View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #760 on: February 17, 2014, 09:17:53 PM »

I'm playing on Normal, and I do intend to max everything eventually, but to do so in 10 days requires some serious time commitments, I don't even think I could play my 3DS that much in one day without wanting to chop my hand off. The original models aren't exactly comfortable.
Darilon
Level 5 Spoony Bard

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #761 on: February 17, 2014, 09:30:14 PM »

I am pretty sure that at Hard Mode, it's suicide to try starting that subquest at mere lvl. 75.

The chapter 4 fight I mentioned or a chapter 6 subquest?

Code:
The real problem Lester poses is if he braves and uses an Energy Blast and Bone Crush combo. That can pretty much wipe you out. Otherwise, as long as you can survive his Energy Blast you are safe. I am pretty sure he is purely physical like the dragons so Rampart decreases the damage. Healing every turn is also useful and you can use the special Rejuvenation to recover both HP and MP for the party every time it becomes available. Performer/Salve Maker can buff, debuff and use Resurrection to revive characters. If Energy blast is still a problem you can also go a slightly cheap way and cast stillness every time he absorbs your BP to negate its effects every time. The fight doesn't really change much until chapter 7 or chapter 8 and even then the chapter 7 fight does not change that much. Final chapter is another kettle of fish but shouldn't require maxed out characters.

Agent D.

"Mage"nt D.

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #762 on: February 17, 2014, 11:42:16 PM »

I'm playing on Normal, and I do intend to max everything eventually, but to do so in 10 days requires some serious time commitments, I don't even think I could play my 3DS that much in one day without wanting to chop my hand off. The original models aren't exactly comfortable.
You really don't catch on to how easy it is to do so until it just starts happening. I maxed out 6 jobs on each character in the span of 3 hours just walking back and forth using auto fight and alarm earrings. Growth Egg really speeds it up, doubling exp and jp per fight. It's easy to max out.

TASTY!
Aeolus
This is the Monado's Powerbomb!

Little did he know, the fall damage would KO him.

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #763 on: February 18, 2014, 12:12:24 AM »

Meanwhile, I'm trying to avoid using all the major game breakage techniques, and just play the game like I played FFV.

As for Hard Mode, I didn't feel like it was worth it after the demo since it only really makes you grind a few extra levels early on and then every so often to stay ahead of the difficulty curve.

Anyways, after clearing out all three passageways to Castle Greyskull, I've finally rumbled Victor/ia.

In my vision, I see that one of us is going to KO the other.
Cyril

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #764 on: February 18, 2014, 12:57:43 AM »

Meanwhile, I'm trying to avoid using all the major game breakage techniques, and just play the game like I played FFV.

I feel that, like FFV, the fun of a job system is in the process of learning which techniques are best.  So obviously I wouldn't be using them in the first run.  A second or third run is best for building yourself off of the game breakers, or using specific builds.
Pages: 1 ... 49 50 [51] 52 53 ... 71 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: