Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
October 02, 2014, 10:36:22 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
RPGFan Community Quiz!
Subject: Persona 3: FES
Prize: $20 eShop, PSN or Steam code
Date: 3rd October 2014 Time: 16:00 EST
332958 Posts in 13642 Topics by 2191 Members
Latest Member: Zaltys
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  RPGFan Message Boards
|-+  Media
| |-+  Single-Player RPGs
| | |-+  Bravely Default: Flying Fairy
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 50 51 [52] 53 54 ... 71 Print
Author Topic: Bravely Default: Flying Fairy  (Read 95413 times)
AuraChannelerChris
The RPG Adventurer

Ultimate RPG Gamer

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #765 on: February 18, 2014, 02:05:29 AM »

Okay, time for me to take decisions here. I finally got to see what the deal is with Ringabel's memory loss. For those who might have already finished the game, answer this question without spoiling me too much...

Code:
Airy's wing counter is at 1 right now. If I awaken the crystals one more time, does this lead to a bad ending or one more loop to clear?

"(Huh. He's been quiet for a while. I wonder what's he thinking?)" ~Made by yours truly~
Youtube Channel - Current Walkthrough: The Wonderful 101
Raze

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #766 on: February 18, 2014, 02:20:28 AM »

In chapter 4 and hearing the next chapters being compared to
Code:
Endless Eight

I'm really scared.
Darilon
Level 5 Spoony Bard

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #767 on: February 18, 2014, 03:30:48 AM »

Okay, time for me to take decisions here. I finally got to see what the deal is with Ringabel's memory loss. For those who might have already finished the game, answer this question without spoiling me too much...

Code:
Airy's wing counter is at 1 right now. If I awaken the crystals one more time, does this lead to a bad ending or one more loop to clear?

Not really a spoiler
Code:
There is no bad ending. Only Normal and True Ending. Just keep doing what you are doing to get the true ending.

Klutz64

Meow Meow Choco-Chow!

RebornThief
View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #768 on: February 18, 2014, 09:58:56 AM »

Right now I find grinding for money is a lot easier than grinding for exp/jp, so when I didn't feel like messing around with the Valkyrie, I just spammed Takeover until she died. It did feel a little cheap, but then it's not like I wasn't using a tool I had been given.
AuraChannelerChris
The RPG Adventurer

Ultimate RPG Gamer

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #769 on: February 18, 2014, 10:04:51 AM »

Code:

Not really a spoiler
Code:
There is no bad ending. Only Normal and True Ending. Just keep doing what you are doing to get the true ending.
So...which one is it?

Code:
Does destroying a crystal lead to the True Ending or not?

"(Huh. He's been quiet for a while. I wonder what's he thinking?)" ~Made by yours truly~
Agent D.

"Mage"nt D.

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #770 on: February 18, 2014, 10:20:24 AM »

Code:

Not really a spoiler
Code:
So...which one is it?

Code:

If we tell you, it will ruin the surprise. Just know that one of the ways will put you back to where you made the choice to do it after you finish up.
« Last Edit: February 18, 2014, 10:22:39 AM by Agent D. » Logged

TASTY!
AuraChannelerChris
The RPG Adventurer

Ultimate RPG Gamer

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #771 on: February 18, 2014, 10:23:53 AM »

Code:

Not really a spoiler
Code:
So...which one is it?

Code:

If we tell you, it will ruin the surprise. Just know that one of the ways will put you back to where you made the choice to do it after you finish up.
Oh well, then. I'll just copy my main game file and see where this takes me.

Agent D.

"Mage"nt D.

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #772 on: February 18, 2014, 02:09:09 PM »

I KNEW i recognized Tiz's voice. It's fucking Asbel from Tales of Graces. Goddamn VAs are getting lazy, too easy to recognize most of them.

TASTY!
Dice
Super Happy Fun Super Girl
AMG A GIRL

Tawdry Hepburn

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #773 on: February 18, 2014, 02:21:53 PM »

I KNEW i recognized Tiz's voice. It's fucking Asbel from Tales of Graces. Goddamn VAs are getting lazy, too easy to recognize most of them.

This was kinda always the case.  Anime from the late 90's and early 00's had that same "recognizable pool" of actors/actresses.

Another actor in Brave Default is Hubert's voice from Graces and he's already had about 2 roles in the game itself.

Wendee Lee had like seven fucking roles in Tales of Xillia (one as both Mother AND Son for some NPCs and Jude's mom) and this game.

Why complain?  I find he's Asbel/Tiz's actor works for that kind of "everyday kid" kind of voice.  Furthermore, I think a lot of these actors are hired because they can do the voice they can.  Wendee Lee has that old/mature woman or tomboy sound, Laura Bailey kills that 'cute girl' anime stereotype, Steve Blum takes on a lot of villain/cool guy roles, Troy Baker and Nolan North have been given a ton of "hero" roles too.

http://society6.com/Dice963
http://www.redbubble.com/people/dice9633

Support your local Dice (and pitch her ideas)!
Cyril

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #774 on: February 18, 2014, 04:28:16 PM »

I haven't really started to recognize Bryce Papenbrook yet.  I recognize just about every other English actor, if not by name then by other roles they've played, but not him, despite playing a lot of games with him.

It's a bit strange, really.  I think he's decent.  Not amazing, but not terrible.  He fits Tiz.
AuraChannelerChris
The RPG Adventurer

Ultimate RPG Gamer

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #775 on: February 18, 2014, 04:35:17 PM »

I think everyone's VAs were good except for Agnes. It's a mixed bag for me about Erin Fitzgerald voicing Agnes (she voiced Midori in SMT: Devil Survivor and Ion/Sync in Tales of the Abyss). If she could keep her calm tone more than her very, uh, high-pitched tone, I'd like her.

It got especially cringe-worthy at a particular scene where she screams like hell...and I see her HP bar after to see she was damn fine.
« Last Edit: February 18, 2014, 04:37:33 PM by AuraChannelerChris » Logged

Agent D.

"Mage"nt D.

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #776 on: February 18, 2014, 04:38:28 PM »

You can never use Steve Blum for voice acting variety, he sounds the same in everything, even when he was Wolverine in the newer set of marvel cartoons. But Troy Baker is a terrific example of variety in voice acting, even if a lot of his roles do end up sounding similar. Snow, then Joel, now Joker? He's great at what he does. Laura Bailey too, though she's easy to pick out now as well. And of course, you have Johnny Yong Bosch, i.e. the same voice everywhere. You can never unhear him.

I mean, don't get me wrong, the voices are all generally suitable for each character they portray. It's just sad that so many times you just hear the same character in a different show, like Asbel as Kirito in Sword Art Online, or Spike Speigel as Tom on toonami, it's just disheartening at times.

Agnes voice pisses me off. It's...UNNACCEPTABLE. I'm gonna start calling her Lemongrab soon.

TASTY!
Ashton
Contributing Editor

Lawful Asshole

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #777 on: February 18, 2014, 07:06:10 PM »

Ringabel is a cool guy. I think he should be main character. Fuck Tiz.

Agent D.

"Mage"nt D.

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #778 on: February 18, 2014, 07:24:43 PM »

Ringabel is a cool guy. I think he should be main character. Fuck Tiz.
Ringabel is awesome for a while,then you get to chapter 5....and then he's less awesome.

TASTY!
Klutz64

Meow Meow Choco-Chow!

RebornThief
View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #779 on: February 18, 2014, 07:28:54 PM »

Tiz isn't the main character, Edea is. Seriously, every single Asterisk subquest is another line to her narrative and sometimes also adds to one other character's story.
Pages: 1 ... 50 51 [52] 53 54 ... 71 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: