Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
October 26, 2014, 12:34:16 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
RPGFan Community Quiz!
Persona 3 FES Quiz is now OVER!
Winner was user: Monsoon!
334849 Posts in 13711 Topics by 2200 Members
Latest Member: Rgeneb1
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  RPGFan Message Boards
|-+  Media
| |-+  Single-Player RPGs
| | |-+  Bravely Default: Flying Fairy
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 52 53 [54] 55 56 ... 71 Print
Author Topic: Bravely Default: Flying Fairy  (Read 98969 times)
Serene Prophet

sereneprophet@yahoo.com sereneprophet
View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #795 on: February 19, 2014, 03:57:51 PM »

So far really loving the game.  Still not fully acquainted with some of the online stuff but im acclimating as best I can.  If you want my FC just pm me yours and we shall do the exchange fc dance, I like to be somewhat private and such.  Also I am sort of just mixing random classes I think might work together, getting them to 5 or 6, then switching to another.  No idea if thats a good idea or not but im impatient and want to learn stuff quickly :P

-Give a man a fire, and hes warm for a day.  Light a man on fire, and hes warm for the rest of his life.-
AuraChannelerChris
The RPG Adventurer

Ultimate RPG Gamer

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #796 on: February 19, 2014, 04:35:10 PM »

So far really loving the game.  Still not fully acquainted with some of the online stuff but im acclimating as best I can.  If you want my FC just pm me yours and we shall do the exchange fc dance, I like to be somewhat private and such.  Also I am sort of just mixing random classes I think might work together, getting them to 5 or 6, then switching to another.  No idea if thats a good idea or not but im impatient and want to learn stuff quickly :P
The main attraction of this game is combining classes, abilities, and sub-abilities to find your desired selection.

The possibilities are, how you say, endless (to a point).

"(Huh. He's been quiet for a while. I wonder what's he thinking?)" ~Made by yours truly~
Youtube Channel - Current Walkthrough: The Wonderful 101
AuraChannelerChris
The RPG Adventurer

Ultimate RPG Gamer

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #797 on: February 19, 2014, 08:50:38 PM »

I got all the way to the final part of the game, but I went ahead and decided to face off with the Bonus Boss first.

...And as of this writing, after many 9999 damage hits, it's still standing.

EDIT: Ringabel died with grace, but I managed to defeat the bastard. WHO'S YOUR GOD NOW?!
« Last Edit: February 19, 2014, 09:36:22 PM by AuraChannelerChris » Logged

"(Huh. He's been quiet for a while. I wonder what's he thinking?)" ~Made by yours truly~
Ranadiel

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #798 on: February 20, 2014, 06:38:54 AM »

Just got conjurer last night and finally grinded level 14 in all jobs. Now to finish up one more side quest and then on to chapter....8? I've somewhat forgotten the chapter number at this point. x_x
AuraChannelerChris
The RPG Adventurer

Ultimate RPG Gamer

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #799 on: February 20, 2014, 10:35:00 AM »

W00t, I beat the game! I wasted waaaay too much time playing it for extended periods of time, but it was worth it.

I think I'll go back at it and fill out the missing entries on the journal...and read the journal. It's got interesting bits for many other characters.

EDIT: This journal is actually pretty nice. It's got humor mixed in for when you read

Code:
Alternis's Journal.
« Last Edit: February 21, 2014, 12:05:59 AM by AuraChannelerChris » Logged

MonCapitan2002

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #800 on: February 21, 2014, 01:06:50 AM »

I am still in chapter three so I've been skimming thread posts here.  Just recently, I acquired my first street pass hit while going to work last night.  I thought awesome when the screen popped up showing it happen.  It made me wonder if it has to come from another player playing the same game.

Ashton
Contributing Editor

Lawful Asshole

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #801 on: February 21, 2014, 03:33:48 AM »

The screen thing only happens if it's someone who's played the game, so yeah.

Ranadiel

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #802 on: February 21, 2014, 06:47:54 AM »

Whee, in the last chapter, just two side quests left. I am dreading the last one.

Code:
Specifically I am dreading having to fight Praline with three other generals again. First time around I had to use a friend to blow her up before she started handing out BP like candy. Might just end up having to do that again.
OrsonFury

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #803 on: February 21, 2014, 01:19:32 PM »

Hey guys, would love some friends to have on Bravely Default. I added Darilon, Dice, MeshGearFx, Farron, Cyril, Agent D and Eusis. My FC: 2466-3396-1834. I'm just starting out in chapter one. Got a few asterisks and I just started rebuilding my village. So far I'm digging the game and the 3DS XL.
« Last Edit: February 21, 2014, 01:23:05 PM by OrsonFury » Logged

Playing: SMTIV (3DS).
Darilon
Level 5 Spoony Bard

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #804 on: February 21, 2014, 01:30:16 PM »

I got all the way to the final part of the game, but I went ahead and decided to face off with the Bonus Boss first.

...And as of this writing, after many 9999 damage hits, it's still standing.

EDIT: Ringabel died with grace, but I managed to defeat the bastard. WHO'S YOUR GOD NOW?!

Congrats on beating it. It gave me a lot of trouble by spamming Meteor. Have you beaten

Code:
the gauntlet of bosses? You do it by talking to Braev a second time after basically storming Eternia in chapter 8.

Ashton
Contributing Editor

Lawful Asshole

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #805 on: February 21, 2014, 04:51:26 PM »

Code:
WTF, I have to go through the crystal reawakening FOUR FUCKING TIMES? Are they insane?

Starmongoose
Contributing Editor

Vicious Feminist

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #806 on: February 21, 2014, 04:55:05 PM »

Code:
WTF, I have to go through the crystal reawakening FOUR FUCKING TIMES? Are they insane?

Yes.

SAVE THE PENGUIN!

Here to suck the fun out of games.
Ranadiel

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #807 on: February 22, 2014, 08:26:18 AM »

Just beat the game a little bit ago....."normal" ending is better than "true" ending. So overall impressions.....the game was alright. I still don't get what all the hype was about. I loved the overall plot. However I thought it was executed poorly. The first half of the game the dialogue makes me cringe and I never really came to care about the characters. During the second half, I stopped cringing about the dialogue (although I dunno if that is because it got better or because I just stopped expecting anything). However that was also the time that the plot gets thin and the quests get stale. Had they cut a condensed a couple of the second half of chapters together then it would have helped a lot (not like anything important happened in chapter 5 or the last chapter). Then just the ending....better bring out the code block.

Code:
I have no problem with Oubor....fudge I am not trying to spell that out repeatedly. So I shall call him snake guy. I have no problem with snake guy just suddenly entering the storyline. That didn't bother me. What bugged me was just about everything else. If I was reading what was said correctly I was supposed to be the Celestial possessing Tiz, so basically a Baten Kaitos set up that was only hinted at one time prior. And therefore the Celestial Realm is our world. It really bugged me that they therefore described our world as not knowing war or strife. I sort of get what they were going for, but it doesn't work on multiple levels and instead comes off as the developers being ignorant. And then we get to the battles with snake guy. Five freaking rounds or so where you get booted out and have to reset up your buffs etc with no healing in between. I was fine as I was using some "cheap" tactics as I was just trying to get through the game (although one of my characters was getting close to running low on MP), but I can see that getting so frustrating if you were trying to fight it normally. Anyways moving on from gameplay...

The whole cutting over to other worlds thing was so freaking cheesy. I was basically face palming the entire time. I...ugh. And, wait a sec. My brain just made a connection.....OH MY FUCKING GOD! That sequence doesn't even make sense. The worlds that you see are supposed to be the worlds that Airy connected, but she killed off the Warriors of Light that she used and Ringabel is in all of those worlds? I call freaking BS. BS! And that nonsensical bit just made me forget if there was anything else to really complain about. Oh right Tiz collapsing. Very random. I can sort of get what the intent there is supposed to be, but it made me think of Persona 3 only minus the themes which almost made it work in Persona 3 (thought it really didn't work in Persona 3). I suppose ironically I thought Persona 3's hero was just sleeping until playing The Answer and that Tiz died until the I saw the bonus movie. And I think that ends my rant.

Side note: Is it every explained why Airy betrayed the team in Ringabel's world? I mean she didn't bother with killing off my party and we went through five worlds, so it wasn't that she was just done with them as she could have kept using them like she did us.

Overall.....6/10? I don't know because I do like it, but this plot deserved a much better cast and better execution. I think I was leaning towards 7/10 prior to the ending, but that really reminded me of the game's flaws and added a few more to the pile.

Code:

Yes.
To both.
AuraChannelerChris
The RPG Adventurer

Ultimate RPG Gamer

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #808 on: February 22, 2014, 10:35:15 AM »

Just beat the game a little bit ago....."normal" ending is better than "true" ending. So overall impressions.....the game was alright. I still don't get what all the hype was about. I loved the overall plot. However I thought it was executed poorly. The first half of the game the dialogue makes me cringe and I never really came to care about the characters. During the second half, I stopped cringing about the dialogue (although I dunno if that is because it got better or because I just stopped expecting anything). However that was also the time that the plot gets thin and the quests get stale. Had they cut a condensed a couple of the second half of chapters together then it would have helped a lot (not like anything important happened in chapter 5 or the last chapter). Then just the ending....better bring out the code block.

Code:
I have no problem with Oubor....fudge I am not trying to spell that out repeatedly. So I shall call him snake guy. I have no problem with snake guy just suddenly entering the storyline. That didn't bother me. What bugged me was just about everything else. If I was reading what was said correctly I was supposed to be the Celestial possessing Tiz, so basically a Baten Kaitos set up that was only hinted at one time prior. And therefore the Celestial Realm is our world. It really bugged me that they therefore described our world as not knowing war or strife. I sort of get what they were going for, but it doesn't work on multiple levels and instead comes off as the developers being ignorant. And then we get to the battles with snake guy. Five freaking rounds or so where you get booted out and have to reset up your buffs etc with no healing in between. I was fine as I was using some "cheap" tactics as I was just trying to get through the game (although one of my characters was getting close to running low on MP), but I can see that getting so frustrating if you were trying to fight it normally. Anyways moving on from gameplay...

The whole cutting over to other worlds thing was so freaking cheesy. I was basically face palming the entire time. I...ugh. And, wait a sec. My brain just made a connection.....OH MY FUCKING GOD! That sequence doesn't even make sense. The worlds that you see are supposed to be the worlds that Airy connected, but she killed off the Warriors of Light that she used and Ringabel is in all of those worlds? I call freaking BS. BS! And that nonsensical bit just made me forget if there was anything else to really complain about. Oh right Tiz collapsing. Very random. I can sort of get what the intent there is supposed to be, but it made me think of Persona 3 only minus the themes which almost made it work in Persona 3 (thought it really didn't work in Persona 3). I suppose ironically I thought Persona 3's hero was just sleeping until playing The Answer and that Tiz died until the I saw the bonus movie. And I think that ends my rant.

Side note: Is it every explained why Airy betrayed the team in Ringabel's world? I mean she didn't bother with killing off my party and we went through five worlds, so it wasn't that she was just done with them as she could have kept using them like she did us.

No, it's not explained. However, I can think a reason why.

Code:
Ringabel's first team most likely found out about her true intentions ahead of time, so she had to try to kill them all. Unfortunately, Ringabel managed to survive at the cost of losing his memory through implied trauma of Edea's death. Because he couldn't remember a thing and Airy had to keep the facade up, she didn't bother with him in the next world.

Ranadiel

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #809 on: February 23, 2014, 09:05:42 AM »

No, it's not explained. However, I can think a reason why.

Code:
Ringabel's first team most likely found out about her true intentions ahead of time, so she had to try to kill them all. Unfortunately, Ringabel managed to survive at the cost of losing his memory through implied trauma of Edea's death. Because he couldn't remember a thing and Airy had to keep the facade up, she didn't bother with him in the next world.
Code:
I know that sort of "has" to be the answer, but it makes me wonder since my party is flat out told that Airy is the evil at chapter 6 or something and Airy doesn't bother killing us then. So does that mean the party from world 6 was more intelligent than my party and actually realized that that was the truth? I mean my party being stupid is pretty much par for the course considering that they are basically told Airy betrays them in Chapter 4 during the Vampire side quest and they do not even suspect a thing (yes I know side quest, but then why spell it out there?). Actually I'm now remembering some other "issues" with the game.

-I feel like the game implies that there was something unusual about the rise of Crystalism since people used to just leave the crystals alone.....but it never really addresses this. It just hints at it and then drops it.

-The Angel existing in so many worlds. How many times did Airy fubar up by letting Agnes escape to the past of a different world? Better question might actually be how the fudge did past universe Agnes' manage to pull that off in the first place? Did Airy just throw Agnes into the void everytime she killed her a few millennium ago only to realize that she made a boo-boo when she started to encounter worlds where anti-crystallism was a thing resulting in her just killing Agnes from then on? If so why did Agnes manage to end up a few thousand worlds ahead of Airy?
Pages: 1 ... 52 53 [54] 55 56 ... 71 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: