Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
September 02, 2014, 07:37:55 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
RPGFan Community Quiz
Next Quiz Date: January 11, 2014
Subject: 999 (Nintendo DS)
For more information click HERE!
330158 Posts in 13528 Topics by 2179 Members
Latest Member: Lian_Kazairl
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  RPGFan Message Boards
|-+  Media
| |-+  Single-Player RPGs
| | |-+  Bravely Default: Flying Fairy
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 55 56 [57] 58 59 ... 71 Print
Author Topic: Bravely Default: Flying Fairy  (Read 89915 times)
solidbatman
Zetsubou Sensei

The real me exists on the internet!

View Profile WWW Email

Ignore
« Reply #840 on: February 27, 2014, 09:59:19 AM »

Sometimes I'm tempted to turn off encounters at the end of a dungeon, run back to town to heal up, and then run back to the end of the dungeon before the boss encounter. But then I almost feel like that's cheating a bit so I don't.

My cousin once said while using a reflective window to cheat at a card game, "It's not cheating. It's strategy!"

I really don't view it as cheating since it is a feature included in the game. But for those who play for the challenge... different story.

Blace

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #841 on: February 27, 2014, 12:15:43 PM »

It's gotten to the point where grinding for levels, equipment, and abilities is far more enjoyable than listening to Agnes' annoying voice and Tiz just stand there while Ringabel hits on every woman and Edea yells at him. At least Ringabel and Edea have some personality though. The story is just chugging along at a snails pace. I'm 35 hours in and I feel like the plot has barely gotten started. This is not to say I am not enjoying the game because I am quite a bit, but if they spent more time on the characters and story this could have been a knockout. As it is though, I'll take it considering the slump Square Enix is in.

Aeolus
This is the Monado's Powerbomb!

Little did he know, the fall damage would KO him.

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #842 on: February 27, 2014, 01:10:55 PM »

Konami Code (Up Up Down Down Left Right Left Right B A) apparently works to see the Brave Second teaser.

View at your own risk (depending on how spoiler-phobic you are..and if you're just THAT curious you can't wait till the end of the game)
Where do you even input this?

The start of the game just BEFORE you'd OK your file.

It's not *terribly* spoilerish.  But I do like an Easter Egg.

Tiiiizzzz!

Anyways, as Blace said at the Game Journal, the plot is really stale right now.  I feel like chasing crystals and killing bosses is a means to an end for something bigger is really killing my buzz.  I like that, from what I've heard, the plot dismantles nicely in the second leg (but chose an "interesting" way to do so)...  But the more I play the more the "slow start" editorial keeps ringing in my head.

It'd be better if the fact *every* Asterisk boss wasn't doomed to die (making a lot of their character development really short-lived) and that half of the main party is bland as hell (guess which two).

I feel like Bravely Default is the start of an excellent experiment that (at least) got the battle system really spot-on.

I'm pretty sure
Code:
the Performer, the Templar, and the Vampire * holders survive your bouts with them.

But yeah, Chapter 3 takes way too long for what it is and Chapter 4 is info dump city. It doesn't help that the far end of this is when the mobs start to employ attacks, abilities, and attributes in such a way that you can't just Crescent Moon everything on auto battle.

In my vision, I see that one of us is going to KO the other.
Blace

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #843 on: February 27, 2014, 01:34:19 PM »

Ugh why did you have to tell me Chapter 4 is info dump city... I just started it and am now not looking forward to it :P

Klutz64

Meow Meow Choco-Chow!

RebornThief
View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #844 on: February 27, 2014, 01:44:54 PM »

Agnes wouldn't be so bad if all her lines didn't start and end with a sharp inhale or slow exhale.
(Also, Tiz is a bit of a yutz for not at least *slightly* taking advantage of the fact that she will literally do *anything* he suggests)
« Last Edit: February 27, 2014, 01:47:22 PM by Klutz64 » Logged

My incredibly adorable avatar was provided by our one and only Dice!
Blace

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #845 on: February 27, 2014, 01:48:55 PM »

Agnes wouldn't be so bad if all her lines didn't start and end with a sharp inhale or slow exhale.
(Also, Tiz is a bit of a yutz for not at least *slightly* taking advantage of the fact that she will literally do *anything* he suggests)

You know, I never really thought about it, but you are right. It is definitely the inhales and exhales that annoy me. I usually read through her dialog as fast as possible and skip the voice (or turn the volume off) when she is speaking.

Dice
Super Happy Fun Super Girl
AMG A GIRL

Tawdry Hepburn

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #846 on: February 27, 2014, 02:10:59 PM »

You know, I never really thought about it, but you are right. It is definitely the inhales and exhales that annoy me. I usually read through her dialog as fast as possible and skip the voice (or turn the volume off) when she is speaking.

The pitch is troublesome...but so is my Agnes-Bot that exemplifies her dialogue about 90% of the time:

http://society6.com/Dice963
Support your local Dice (and pitch her ideas)!
Klutz64

Meow Meow Choco-Chow!

RebornThief
View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #847 on: February 27, 2014, 02:13:59 PM »

That sign should read "Fun is Unacceptable"

My incredibly adorable avatar was provided by our one and only Dice!
Dice
AMG A GIRL

Tawdry Hepburn

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #848 on: February 27, 2014, 02:18:50 PM »

That sign should read "Fun is Unacceptable"

Aw.  No photoshop on here.

If it helps: I changed my streetpass message to "Acceptable!" because I am an optimist!

Magnolia seems a lot more fun from the teaser trailer.  But maybe it's just the bizarre character writing style this game has that might muck it up.

« Last Edit: February 27, 2014, 02:20:29 PM by Dice » Logged

solidbatman
Zetsubou Sensei

View Profile WWW Email

Ignore
« Reply #849 on: February 27, 2014, 09:46:44 PM »

It's gotten to the point where grinding for levels, equipment, and abilities is far more enjoyable than listening to Agnes' annoying voice and Tiz just stand there while Ringabel hits on every woman and Edea yells at him. At least Ringabel and Edea have some personality though. The story is just chugging along at a snails pace. I'm 35 hours in and I feel like the plot has barely gotten started. This is not to say I am not enjoying the game because I am quite a bit, but if they spent more time on the characters and story this could have been a knockout. As it is though, I'll take it considering the slump Square Enix is in.

Ringabel and Edea really do steal the show for me. I kind of wish the game had a spin off with just them two traveling the world.

Cyril

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #850 on: February 27, 2014, 10:10:00 PM »

I'd buy that.  Edea and Ringabel's interactions are the best part.

I honestly think Agnes is one of those characters that comes off better if you've been raised in Japanese culture.
Dice
AMG A GIRL

Tawdry Hepburn

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #851 on: February 27, 2014, 10:19:23 PM »

Ringabel and Edea really do steal the show for me. I kind of wish the game had a spin off with just them two traveling the world.

I'm actually hoping Tiz comes back like a fucking juggernaut in the new title after all the bullshit he gets put through.  
I already drew my hopes for the sequel:

« Last Edit: February 27, 2014, 10:21:55 PM by Dice » Logged

solidbatman
Zetsubou Sensei

View Profile WWW Email

Ignore
« Reply #852 on: February 27, 2014, 10:26:52 PM »

Tiz confirmed as final boss for Bravely Second

Agent D.

"Mage"nt D.

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #853 on: February 27, 2014, 10:33:00 PM »

Dice, how the hell did you manage to draw an exact replica of me in 3 more years of training? It's amazing!

TASTY!
Dice
AMG A GIRL

Tawdry Hepburn

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #854 on: February 27, 2014, 10:46:04 PM »

Dice, how the hell did you manage to draw an exact replica of me in 3 more years of training? It's amazing!

It's weird to say but you popped in my head when I drew it.  It must be so.

Tiz confirmed as final boss for Bravely Second

Psh, Obviously.

Pages: 1 ... 55 56 [57] 58 59 ... 71 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: