Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
August 01, 2014, 06:12:45 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
RPGFan Community Quiz
Next Quiz Date: January 11, 2014
Subject: 999 (Nintendo DS)
For more information click HERE!
327939 Posts in 13428 Topics by 2169 Members
Latest Member: KopeAcetic
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  RPGFan Message Boards
|-+  Media
| |-+  Single-Player RPGs
| | |-+  Bravely Default: Flying Fairy
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 56 57 [58] 59 60 ... 71 Print
Author Topic: Bravely Default: Flying Fairy  (Read 83615 times)
Blace

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #855 on: March 01, 2014, 09:52:58 AM »

Alright I'm in need of assistance because I'm getting pissed off at this game. Does anyone know how long the side quest to get the Vampire asterisk lasts? I get one shotted by all of the dragons to my entire party and I'm level 60. Not in the mood to grind out for hours when the story finally did something. I tried to progress the story and they said there is no going back after this point so I cancelled that and am in a bind. I don't want to miss out on the vampire asterisk, but if it is available later I would like to progress the story.

Klutz64

Meow Meow Choco-Chow!

RebornThief
View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #856 on: March 01, 2014, 09:56:05 AM »

I just realized that Ringabel is Professor Layton. I think.

Now I can't unhear it and it's hilarious.

My incredibly adorable avatar was provided by our one and only Dice!
AuraChannelerChris
The RPG Adventurer

Ultimate RPG Gamer

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #857 on: March 01, 2014, 10:32:11 AM »

I just realized that Ringabel is Professor Layton. I think.

Now I can't unhear it and it's hilarious.
They sound very close, but Spike Spencer doesn't voice Layton, according to my sources. He's voiced by Christopher Robin Miller.

"(Huh. He's been quiet for a while. I wonder what's he thinking?)" ~Made by yours truly~
Youtube Channel - Current Walkthrough: The Wonderful 101
Aeolus
I'm not evil!

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #858 on: March 01, 2014, 02:24:13 PM »

Alright I'm in need of assistance because I'm getting pissed off at this game. Does anyone know how long the side quest to get the Vampire asterisk lasts? I get one shotted by all of the dragons to my entire party and I'm level 60. Not in the mood to grind out for hours when the story finally did something. I tried to progress the story and they said there is no going back after this point so I cancelled that and am in a bind. I don't want to miss out on the vampire asterisk, but if it is available later I would like to progress the story.

The Six Dragons have a very distinct pattern and only use physical based attacks. The Ninja's Utsusemi/Transience combo will get you through all six of them entirely on its own, but the Templar's Rampart, Spiritmaster's Spirit Ward, Swordmaster's Nothing Ventured, and some of the Salve-Maker's Compounding abilities will make your life much easier in the long run.

You "can" put it off until Chapter 5 or later, but I'd rather recommend doing it post-haste since enemy mobs the world over will change up starting with Chapter 5.

You've misunderstood me. I just seek your death only because you're in the way of my goal of world conquest. I can't help it that I have evil ambitions and am named Dark Lord. Honest.
AuraChannelerChris
The RPG Adventurer

Ultimate RPG Gamer

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #859 on: March 01, 2014, 02:31:26 PM »

The Six Dragons have a very distinct pattern and only use physical based attacks. The Ninja's Utsusemi/Transience combo will get you through all six of them entirely on its own, but the Templar's Rampart, Spiritmaster's Spirit Ward, Swordmaster's Nothing Ventured, and some of the Salve-Maker's Compounding abilities will make your life much easier in the long run.

You "can" put it off until Chapter 5 or later, but I'd rather recommend doing it post-haste since enemy mobs the world over will change up starting with Chapter 5.
It's a little harder to get all Genome abilities after Chapter 5 in the Bonus Dungeon.

I wish I could use those abilities earlier. Probably in a NG+ file.

"(Huh. He's been quiet for a while. I wonder what's he thinking?)" ~Made by yours truly~
Aeolus
I'm not evil!

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #860 on: March 01, 2014, 03:56:21 PM »

It's a little harder to get all Genome abilities after Chapter 5 in the Bonus Dungeon.

I wish I could use those abilities earlier. Probably in a NG+ file.

Curse is the only Vampire ability really worth getting (that I found circa Ch. 5), and tons of enemies have it.

You've misunderstood me. I just seek your death only because you're in the way of my goal of world conquest. I can't help it that I have evil ambitions and am named Dark Lord. Honest.
Aurian

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #861 on: March 01, 2014, 04:06:55 PM »

I am presently going through the dragons, level 55ish

1 - dragons do attack, attack, then the eye to drop your elemental resistance.

2 - you can abuse stillness (spiritmaster) to ensure his two attack phases does diddly-squat, default during those turns, then unleash a flurry.

3 - I have also used templar's rampart (the breath is physical, not magical), you'll need a way to remove the eye effect, though, with salve maker or spiritmaster.

4 - also, they can hit you for status effects. Red Mage has an ability to give two BP when hit with status effects

Ninja route wasn't working for me... Only had one levelled up ninja and they weren't dodging.

Good luck!
Agent D.

"Mage"nt D.

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #862 on: March 01, 2014, 04:34:05 PM »

Spiritmaster's adaptation is more useful so long as you use it after the dragons cast the eye skill. The regular hits aren't threatening, so protect is a waste of a turn. Don't bother with element reduction items and skills either, the eye skill negates them. Utsusemi is most useful when used as it nullifies anything they can hit you with, rampart is a close second. Ideally you can use both for an easy win.

TASTY!
Aurian

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #863 on: March 02, 2014, 12:03:42 AM »

True, but I was providing several options in case grinding wasn't wanted and he didn't have high level friends to link all characters too.
Blace

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #864 on: March 02, 2014, 10:36:40 AM »

I ended up using the Transcience, Turning Tables, and Utsusemi trick which meant I beat every single dragon without even getting hit. First turn you use one brave, attack, then use Utsusemi with every character and after that you can autobattle the rest of the way. It takes like 5-10 minutes. I used 4 ninjas with dual wield or it would have taken longer probably. The spiritmaster route was not working for me. I got all my characters to level 8 spiritmaster and used adaptation and it would wear off before I could get it back on and the dragon would go multiple times and wipe out my party still. The Ninja Red Mage route is easily the best strategy I've seen and it doesn't take as long. Just level 5 Ninja and level 4 Red Mage.

As for the story, Chapter 4 was easily the best chapter yet. Once you beat the dragons and go to Vampire Castle, the vampire really gives you nice insight into the backstory that helps flesh out everything. I was impressed. The reveal with the Dark Knight I kind of predicted, but still interested in that aspect of the story. Unfortunately, chapter 5 starts the "do everything over again" phase which is so dumb. I hate when games do that crap.
« Last Edit: March 02, 2014, 10:39:36 AM by Blace » Logged

AuraChannelerChris
The RPG Adventurer

Ultimate RPG Gamer

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #865 on: March 03, 2014, 03:06:09 PM »

Fighting Nemesis is fun if you can beat them.

One of those lvl. 99 Nemesis was three Automatons in disguise...with 270000 HP each. The fight was quite long, but I beat them down and got the best bun they offer you: the Unearthly Bun.

Klutz64

Meow Meow Choco-Chow!

RebornThief
View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #866 on: March 03, 2014, 05:32:39 PM »

I like that they used music from The 4 Heroes of Light for the Nemesis battles, kind of a cool easter egg.

Blace

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #867 on: March 03, 2014, 05:58:51 PM »

I like that they used music from The 4 Heroes of Light for the Nemesis battles, kind of a cool easter egg.

I bought that game and never got to it. Any good?

Elegance

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #868 on: March 03, 2014, 06:23:55 PM »

I bought that game and never got to it. Any good?
It may be overshadowed by Bravely Default now, but it's good.  The battle system was the main part that drew me in, but it also has a charming presentation that revolves around mixing something modern with nostalgia
Klutz64

Meow Meow Choco-Chow!

RebornThief
View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #869 on: March 03, 2014, 09:58:34 PM »

*sigh* Kind of want to change my avatar here to Pirate Edea, but I can't find a decent image anywhere.

Anyway, progress is still slow. Just picked up the Praline side quest before heading to the mine. Probably going to grind a bit though since the Automatons took me a few tries (though once I started throwing heals every turn whether I was damaged at the start or not it was wicked easy).

Pages: 1 ... 56 57 [58] 59 60 ... 71 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: