Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
November 26, 2014, 07:32:56 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
We have a new board! Pop on over to the Game Journals section and tell us what you've been playing!
338516 Posts in 13855 Topics by 2215 Members
Latest Member: RPGtourguide
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  RPGFan Message Boards
|-+  Media
| |-+  Single-Player RPGs
| | |-+  Bravely Default: Flying Fairy
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 57 58 [59] 60 61 ... 71 Print
Author Topic: Bravely Default: Flying Fairy  (Read 104113 times)
Dice
Dobbelstenen Muil
AMG A GIRL

Tawdry Hepburn

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #870 on: March 03, 2014, 10:13:34 PM »

*sigh* Kind of want to change my avatar here to Pirate Edea, but I can't find a decent image anywhere.

Anyway, progress is still slow. Just picked up the Praline side quest before heading to the mine. Probably going to grind a bit though since the Automatons took me a few tries (though once I started throwing heals every turn whether I was damaged at the start or not it was wicked easy).

I could draw one...?  :S

http://society6.com/Dice963
http://www.redbubble.com/people/dice9633

Support your local Dice (and pitch her ideas)!
AuraChannelerChris
The RPG Adventurer

Ultimate RPG Gamer

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #871 on: March 03, 2014, 11:26:58 PM »

*sigh* Kind of want to change my avatar here to Pirate Edea, but I can't find a decent image anywhere.
You could just upload an image to Miiverse, retrieve the picture through your computer, crop it using a paint program or whatever, and then put it here.

"(Huh. He's been quiet for a while. I wonder what's he thinking?)" ~Made by yours truly~
Youtube Channel - Current Walkthrough: The Wonderful 101
Dice
Dobbelstenen Muil
AMG A GIRL

Tawdry Hepburn

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #872 on: March 03, 2014, 11:34:30 PM »

You could just upload an image to Miiverse, retrieve the picture through your computer, crop it using a paint program or whatever, and then put it here.

OR USE A SPECIAL, HANDMADE BY SCIENCE, ONE-OF-A-KIND DRAWIN' BY YOUR FORUM WEIRDO, DICE

Code:
No judgement whatsoever if you don't like it or don't use it; it was fun to do and I just need to draw SOMETHING because my hand had a drawing-itch... And my reference didn't need to "change clothes" because I am currently using pirate Edea too

AuraChannelerChris
The RPG Adventurer

Ultimate RPG Gamer

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #873 on: March 03, 2014, 11:40:23 PM »

Wow. It only took you an hour to do that? My drawings take like four hours, but I guess that happens with more characters in a single shot.

"(Huh. He's been quiet for a while. I wonder what's he thinking?)" ~Made by yours truly~
Dice
Dobbelstenen Muil
AMG A GIRL

Tawdry Hepburn

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #874 on: March 03, 2014, 11:53:59 PM »

Wow. It only took you an hour to do that? My drawings take like four hours, but I guess that happens with more characters in a single shot.

What is it they say?  you need to put in something like 10,000 hours to master an art....  D:

Cyril

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #875 on: March 03, 2014, 11:58:35 PM »

Wow, Dice! Thanks for sharing, it's lovely.
Aeolus
This is the Monado's Powerbomb!

Little did he know, the fall damage would KO him.

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #876 on: March 04, 2014, 12:46:28 AM »

I like that they used music from The 4 Heroes of Light for the Nemesis battles, kind of a cool easter egg.

I bought that game and never got to it. Any good?
It may be overshadowed by Bravely Default now, but it's good.  The battle system was the main part that drew me in, but it also has a charming presentation that revolves around mixing something modern with nostalgia

It's to FFIII as BD:FF is to FFV. It has some clever ideas but the execution falls flat in places. Namely the need to grind gems for pretty much everything and the high end ones are a royal pain in the ass (unless you abuse the Hero Crown holder boss fight; seriously, the game is smooth enough that with only 45 minutes worth of grinding, you can walk away with 99 Onyxes and Diamonds; versus the million years it would take to obtain said amount normally).

In my vision, I see that one of us is going to KO the other.
Elegance

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #877 on: March 04, 2014, 01:08:30 AM »

I like that they used music from The 4 Heroes of Light for the Nemesis battles, kind of a cool easter egg.

It may be overshadowed by Bravely Default now, but it's good.  The battle system was the main part that drew me in, but it also has a charming presentation that revolves around mixing something modern with nostalgia

It's to FFIII as BD:FF is to FFV. It has some clever ideas but the execution falls flat in places. Namely the need to grind gems for pretty much everything and the high end ones are a royal pain in the ass (unless you abuse the Hero Crown holder boss fight; seriously, the game is smooth enough that with only 45 minutes worth of grinding, you can walk away with 99 Onyxes and Diamonds; versus the million years it would take to obtain said amount normally).
I never had to grind in the game and found it to have a nice balanced difficulty, so I'm not sure where you're coming from.
Starmongoose
Contributing Editor

Smiley Abuser

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #878 on: March 04, 2014, 01:28:10 AM »

OR USE A SPECIAL, HANDMADE BY SCIENCE, ONE-OF-A-KIND DRAWIN' BY YOUR FORUM WEIRDO, DICE

Code:
No judgement whatsoever if you don't like it or don't use it; it was fun to do and I just need to draw SOMETHING because my hand had a drawing-itch... And my reference didn't need to "change clothes" because I am currently using pirate Edea too

If Klutz doesn't end up using it, I'll use it for my Facebook photo :P

SAVE THE PENGUIN!

Here to suck the fun out of games.
solidbatman
Zetsubou Sensei

The real me exists on the internet!

View Profile WWW Email

Ignore
« Reply #879 on: March 04, 2014, 09:50:39 AM »

Just finished Chapter 1. Now I'm running outside of the next city grinding my job levels because the enemies are dropping 30+ jp.

Klutz64

Meow Meow Choco-Chow!

RebornThief
View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #880 on: March 04, 2014, 10:32:26 AM »

Oh my Gawd, Dice, you are amazing and wonderful! Seriously, thank you so much! It's positively beautiful!
Aeolus
This is the Monado's Powerbomb!

Little did he know, the fall damage would KO him.

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #881 on: March 04, 2014, 01:09:00 PM »

I never had to grind in the game and found it to have a nice balanced difficulty, so I'm not sure where you're coming from.

The endgame stuffs that expect you to come with fully tricked out crowns and buffed up, top of the line gear. Those things eventually require Onyxes and Diamonds to max out, and in the case of the equipment, will require a ton of them after a certain point.

But yeah, if you're just playing normally, you shouldn't have any difficulty once you get your hands on the Salve-maker and Merchant crowns.

In my vision, I see that one of us is going to KO the other.
AuraChannelerChris
The RPG Adventurer

Ultimate RPG Gamer

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #882 on: March 05, 2014, 12:59:06 PM »

I defeated the...weird-as-hell Ba'al; Goldie thing.

Using the Hasten World and Stillness tactic was kind of a must, but that also somehow meant that the fish kept using Bouncy Ball with an extra blow all the time.

Blace

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #883 on: March 06, 2014, 08:36:33 AM »

Is there a point to continually beating all the side quests and bosses in chapter 5, 6, 7, and 8? I'm in chapter 6 and have no desire to beat these bosses a third time if I'm only getting EXP and JP for it. Grinding is more fun than fighting them. I just want to continue the story that is going in loops now and annoying me to death.

Reta

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #884 on: March 06, 2014, 08:46:50 AM »

Is there a point to continually beating all the side quests and bosses in chapter 5, 6, 7, and 8? I'm in chapter 6 and have no desire to beat these bosses a third time if I'm only getting EXP and JP for it. Grinding is more fun than fighting them. I just want to continue the story that is going in loops now and annoying me to death.
Nothing worthwhile in chapter 6, but the fights in chapter 7 have a lot of really good items to steal/get as drops, and the fights in chapter 8 are basically superbosses. You can go back and do the ones in chapter 8 after the final boss if you so choose.
Pages: 1 ... 57 58 [59] 60 61 ... 71 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: