Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
July 30, 2014, 05:24:00 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
RPGFan Community Quiz
Next Quiz Date: January 11, 2014
Subject: 999 (Nintendo DS)
For more information click HERE!
327820 Posts in 13420 Topics by 2169 Members
Latest Member: KopeAcetic
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  RPGFan Message Boards
|-+  Media
| |-+  Single-Player RPGs
| | |-+  Bravely Default: Flying Fairy
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 ... 71 Print
Author Topic: Bravely Default: Flying Fairy  (Read 83254 times)
Ramza
Enjoying Retirement
Editor Emeritus

TSDPatGann
View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #90 on: September 16, 2012, 04:32:10 PM »

I've heard a bunch of these before, and they are freaking fantastic. REVO has a lot of really great original albums where he basically tells a story alongside a sort of 'rock opera,' and they're great listens. You can definitely hear his style in these, and it bodes very well for the game's soundtrack as a whole.

Indeed. His 7th album, Märchen, is so good they ought to make a videogame to match the music. Or at least an anime.

I'm psyched about Bravely Default and the "Linked Horizon" side projects. Not that I can afford everything coming out (they already released ... two singles?)

Iron Maw

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #91 on: September 18, 2012, 10:29:03 AM »

A Niconico Broadcast just finished awhile and here is a summary of the most important things.

-9 weapon types
-Multiple finishing moves per weapon type
-Effects of finishing moves (which can be customized) stack
-Each character has a unique theme which plays after using a finishing move
-Send characters to other people by Street Pass or over the Internet
-Nolende Village takes 1000 hours to rebuild; increasing the population will reduce this time
-Increase the villages population via Street Pass or by using the internet
-A shop in Nolende Village lets you buy parts to customize finishing moves
-Abilities gained via abilink are less powerful and require higher cost
-"Fear" status ailment prevents Braving and Defaulting
-Some bosses have huge amounts of HP
-Dark Knight job shown, looks like FF4 Dark Knight Cecil
-Dark Knight's skills can use up HP; you can inflict status effects on yourself to increase abilities
-Onion Knight costume shown for Tiz; obtained via FaceBook
-Planning more costumes, some to be distributed via Twitter
-46 tracks in the game, with 10 being battle tunes
-Collaboration weapon with Dengeki; a lance

Dice
Super Happy Fun Super Girl
AMG A GIRL

Tawdry Hepburn

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #92 on: September 18, 2012, 10:33:44 AM »

A Niconico Broadcast just finished awhile and here is a summary of the most important things.

-9 weapon types
-Multiple finishing moves per weapon type
-Effects of finishing moves (which can be customized) stack
-Each character has a unique theme which plays after using a finishing move
-Send characters to other people by Street Pass or over the Internet
-Nolende Village takes 1000 hours to rebuild; increasing the population will reduce this time
-A shop in Nolende Village lets you buy parts to customize finishing moves
-Abilities gained via abilink are less powerful and require higher cost
-"Fear" status ailment prevents Braving and Defaulting
-Dark Knight job shown, looks like FF4 Dark Knight Cecil
-Dark Knight's skills can use up HP; you can inflict status effects on yourself to increase abilities
-Onion Knight costume shown for Tiz; obtained via FaceBook
-Planning more costumes, some to be distributed via Twitter
-46 tracks in the game, with 10 being battle tunes
-Collaboration weapon with Dengeki; a lance

I'm surprised there's no Final Fantasy tag in the game's actual name... I mean, who are they kidding? 

The second part is vague, but the first half means suburbanites (or country mice) are screwed.

http://society6.com/Dice963
Support your local Dice (and pitch her ideas)!
Yggdrasil

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #93 on: September 18, 2012, 11:07:58 AM »

I'm surprised there's no Final Fantasy tag in the game's actual name... I mean, who are they kidding?

Nobody.

Bravely Default at first was supposed to be some sort of sequel to Final Fantasy: The 4 Heroes of Light for DS, but the project ended up with "A SNES RPG created with modern tecnology" in mind like the previous game was. Only difference here is that by not having the Final Fantasy name they have more freedom to mess around with stuff.
Aeolus
I'm not evil!

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #94 on: September 18, 2012, 11:53:17 AM »

FFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFF

I see that Squeenix still can't be bothered to figure out how difficulty works in an RPG.

You've misunderstood me. I just seek your death only because you're in the way of my goal of world conquest. I can't help it that I have evil ambitions and am named Dark Lord. Honest.
Taelus
Some music guy
RPGFan Editor

Leaves from the vine.

taelusramza
View Profile Email
« Reply #95 on: September 18, 2012, 07:30:53 PM »

I've heard a bunch of these before, and they are freaking fantastic. REVO has a lot of really great original albums where he basically tells a story alongside a sort of 'rock opera,' and they're great listens. You can definitely hear his style in these, and it bodes very well for the game's soundtrack as a whole.

Indeed. His 7th album, Märchen, is so good they ought to make a videogame to match the music. Or at least an anime.

I'm psyched about Bravely Default and the "Linked Horizon" side projects. Not that I can afford everything coming out (they already released ... two singles?)

Don from SEMO linked me to the Linked Horizon samples that are out, and everything I've heard so far has been really great. I wish I had known about REVO sooner, because he is rad.

"IT IS SUBTRACTION.  I WILL COME TO YOUR SCHOOL AND BEAT YOUR STUDENTS." - John
Iron Maw

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #96 on: September 19, 2012, 03:15:33 AM »

http://www.nicovideo.jp/watch/sm18920546

For those who don't have an account use this:
http://www.mmcafe.com/nico.html

Copy the video link then paste into the search bar in that site and you're set. Enjoy!

BTW, something that was not mentioned:
-Ifirit and Shiva (or at least in her case heavily redesigned) seem to have been replaced by Doomtrain and two new summons.

Damn this game oozing a shitload of charm. :D

EDIT: Forgot to say this, but the video may take a little while to load.

EDIT2: Seems like the video was taken down. =/

EDIT3: Seems to be working again, weird.

FFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFF

I see that Squeenix still can't be bothered to figure out how difficulty works in an RPG.

It's pretty normal in an RPG that a few bosses will have high HP, doesn't mean they are just a sandbag of numbers or that it says much about the general balance of the game. From all the demos, impressions I've seen and read most Bosses in this game regardless of HP are pretty challenging thanks to how the battle system works.

Plus the Producer of this game was one behind FFIV DS most challenging but fair fights so, I'm not worried about difficulty here.
« Last Edit: September 19, 2012, 10:37:47 AM by Iron Maw » Logged
Mickeymac92

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #97 on: September 19, 2012, 10:10:17 AM »

@NicoNico: Who thought it was a good idea to have comments zoom buy on the screen while you're watching the video? And why doesn't the "turn off comments" button work for me?

http://myanimelist.net/profile/mickeymac92

“MY NAME IS POKEY THE PENGUIN I LOVE CHESS!! IT IS LIKE BALLET ONLY WITH MORE EXPLOSIONS!”
Iron Maw

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #98 on: September 20, 2012, 05:14:32 AM »

@NicoNico: Who thought it was a good idea to have comments zoom buy on the screen while you're watching the video? And why doesn't the "turn off comments" button work for me?

It seems like the person who recorded did it with comments on.  -_-

BTW, TGS trailer
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Tqusbquj7E0&feature=youtu.be

Bravely Default was featured in Iwata Ask's yesterday, and cleared up somethings and spoke about the direction and concept of the game. This a summarized version, but there is pretty good info all round.

Translations of Iwata Asks. Tried to focus on stuff we didn't know.

-The first RPG Asano (white shirt) ever passed was FF3. Ironically, he was in charge of the FF3 remake on the DS. Also worked on Four Warriors of Light and the FF4 remake.
- Hayashi (Mages) worked on the scenario. Used to work at KID. Worked on the scenario for Stein's Gate.
-Asano first said to Hayashi he wanted him to create characters you could fall in love with.
-The 'base' idea of the game was four characters who had changable jobs.
-They focused on creating characters who had good interactions with each other, and a balance of personalities and how to show the drama between them and the "bad guys".
-The main character's motivation is to restore her hometown.
-For example, say it takes 1,000 hours to restore it with one person, 500 with two, 250 with four and so on, where the additional villagers are collected through StreetPass. The main character is the one who bears the communication functions.
-One of the heroines is the daughter of bad characters.
-The notebook held by Ringabel can be read by the player at any time. It contains information on the future.
-The game (scenario, characters) has a nostalgic feeling of older style RPGs.
-Abi-Link system; can use friends higher-leveled character's abilities for a time.
-Can connect the game online for those living in regions where StreetPasses are uncommon.
-Core-concept: "A single player RPG that you play together"
-Quests, like item collections, don't make up the main part of the game, like the 5th demo.
-Order of learning abilities is different too.
-Changing the game based on feedback from the demo was based on seeing how social games are improved on after release with feedback from players.
-Team worked hard to increase the battle speed, but Asano recognises it will still not please everyone.
-Asano feels the pressure because of the expectations with this being a SE RPG.
-No problems picking the battle system up for FF or DQ fans.
-Been in-dev (since planning) for about 2 years.

Original source: http://www.nintendo.co.jp/3ds/interview/creators/vol20/index.html

Thanks to StreetsAhead from NeoGAF.
« Last Edit: September 20, 2012, 08:00:57 AM by Iron Maw » Logged
Yggdrasil

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #99 on: September 20, 2012, 05:44:54 AM »

Why this game looks so good? D:
Farron

View Profile WWW Email

Ignore
« Reply #100 on: September 20, 2012, 09:54:21 AM »

I really hope this game doesn't became another FF Type-0. I bought my 3DS XL this month and I'm already itching to play this game.
I just don't understand how a big company like SE can sometimes take so much time to localize something in this day and age that doesn't even need voice acting. Some fan translations of some games are pretty good, fast and people do it on their spare time without making a dime.

Anyway, I get the feeling this job system should be a lot like FFIII which I loved but even better because we can have a secondary set of skills.

Mickeymac92

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #101 on: September 20, 2012, 11:39:34 AM »

Considering how professional translations are more thorough and require input from the original creators, I can see why it would take longer.

“MY NAME IS POKEY THE PENGUIN I LOVE CHESS!! IT IS LIKE BALLET ONLY WITH MORE EXPLOSIONS!”
Farron

View Profile WWW Email

Ignore
« Reply #102 on: September 20, 2012, 01:23:43 PM »

That I certainly agree. On the other hand there are som many titles that are released at the same time or with a really short window of difference. This game on the other hand didn't even get announced to the West... But hey, it's probably just a matter of time, maybe before the mid of next year we'll get the game.

Eusis
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #103 on: September 20, 2012, 01:44:22 PM »

I'm hoping it's just that a portable game like this isn't a pressing concern, and they'd casually announce it for early-to-mid 2013 near the end of the year or early next. It'd REALLY suck to have one of the more promising RPGs from what was once the premier JRPG company just get completely ignored for US release when the 3DS SHOULD be on the rise and isn't the dead platform the PSP is.
Mickeymac92

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #104 on: September 20, 2012, 02:59:39 PM »

That I certainly agree. On the other hand there are som many titles that are released at the same time or with a really short window of difference. This game on the other hand didn't even get announced to the West... But hey, it's probably just a matter of time, maybe before the mid of next year we'll get the game.

Not exactly sure what games you're comparing, but I'm guessing that since this is more risky, they aren't going to get a translation ready until they see how well it does in Japan first. Plus, it's probably more story/dialogue dependant, and the developers might care a bit more about how well the translation goes (making sure it all comes out right). Mostly just guessing, though.

I'm hoping it's just that a portable game like this isn't a pressing concern, and they'd casually announce it for early-to-mid 2013 near the end of the year or early next. It'd REALLY suck to have one of the more promising RPGs from what was once the premier JRPG company just get completely ignored for US release when the 3DS SHOULD be on the rise and isn't the dead platform the PSP is.

You're probably right. Heck, I wouldn't be surprised if it gets announced through Twitter or something instead of a full press release.

Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 ... 71 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: