Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
October 20, 2014, 09:24:04 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
RPGFan Community Quiz!
Persona 3 FES Quiz is now OVER!
Winner was user: Monsoon!
334415 Posts in 13701 Topics by 2200 Members
Latest Member: Rgeneb1
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  RPGFan Message Boards
|-+  Media
| |-+  Single-Player RPGs
| | |-+  Bravely Default: Flying Fairy
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11] 12 13 ... 71 Print
Author Topic: Bravely Default: Flying Fairy  (Read 97176 times)
Dice
Super Happy Fun Super Girl
AMG A GIRL

Tawdry Hepburn

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #150 on: October 11, 2012, 08:52:59 PM »

I'm trying to procure the Collector's Set (in it's extreme) or the game guide that's coming out.  The collector's *technically* has the first art book featuring Akihiko Yoshida's work (the guide probably being the second best source for that...hopefully).

I can't believe Squeenix wants to leave this to fans demanding it on social networks.... I pray if the game does well in Japan they'll look at this game as an overseas candidate (which I think is good so far, Amazon [jp] is sold out).

The soundtrack is brilliant as well.  I'm surprised it took a Sound Horizon composer and not Hitoshi Sakimoto, but this isn't too bad a change, it's got a very fresh sound to it. 

http://society6.com/Dice963
http://www.redbubble.com/people/dice9633

Support your local Dice (and pitch her ideas)!
Iron Maw

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #151 on: October 11, 2012, 09:03:51 PM »

You're My Hope is completely awesome. I will have a review with samples up ASAP, because I must talk about this music at length.

I really love all 4 of Character Battle themes so it's hard for me to choose one over the other.
Aeolus
This is the Monado's Powerbomb!

Little did he know, the fall damage would KO him.

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #152 on: October 12, 2012, 05:00:37 AM »

Street date broken, about 3 hours of recorded footage here. The video goes on till the end of the prologue, spoilers of course.
http://www.twitch.tv/leta_jp/b/334965734

EDIT: Seems that Dengeki has a bit of an early review up. According to Japanese speakers, the reviewer has played through the entire game to end. Apparently the impression was very pretty well written, but candid and very positive toward the game. One of the things noted is that BD is about 40hrs long (for the main game), but probably longer since the reviewer stated that he had to rush through it.

http://news.dengeki.com/elem/000/000/541/541220/

The thing that I couldn't help but note during that video was just how many lengthy party chats crop up over pretty much everything. The other thing I couldn't help but note during that video was just how much voiced dialogue there is. The other other thing I couldn't help but note during that video was that if recent history is anything to go by we're not getting any of the above without somebody awesome like NoE or XSeeD stepping up to the plate and doing all the heavy localizing.

The other other OTHER thing I couldn't help but note during that video was that the guy playing does not know how a monk works (stop giving him spears and murdering his attack power you n00bish greenhorn).

In my vision, I see that one of us is going to KO the other.
Taelus
Some music guy
RPGFan Editor

Leaves from the vine.

taelusramza
View Profile Email
« Reply #153 on: October 12, 2012, 07:22:05 AM »

murdering his attack power you n00bish greenhorn

I LOLed.

"IT IS SUBTRACTION.  I WILL COME TO YOUR SCHOOL AND BEAT YOUR STUDENTS." - John
Yggdrasil

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #154 on: October 12, 2012, 04:47:58 PM »

The soundtrack is too good. Beautiful stuff. ;_;

"That Person's Name Is" is pretty damn awesome, kinda reminds of Ys.
Aeolus

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #155 on: October 12, 2012, 11:46:45 PM »

http://www.siliconera.com/2012/10/12/bravely-defaults-achievements-reward-players-for-forum-posts-and-using-facebook/

And here's something I wouldn't mind getting left in Japan.

Eusis
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #156 on: October 13, 2012, 01:50:24 AM »

It's like it's both worse and better. You actually get rewards for your achievements! Except you're doing social media bullshit that I can't even fathom why they consider worth the effort. Well, Facebook advertising I guess, but posting on their forums?
Yggdrasil

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #157 on: October 13, 2012, 01:54:23 AM »

Didn't XIII-2 had (has?) a thing with Facabook too? I remember seeing the icon while I was playing... or something in the option menu.
Kevadu

Some guy

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #158 on: October 13, 2012, 02:07:27 AM »

Lots of games have had some sort of Facebook integration, usually of the form of spamming people with stuff you've done in the game.  I don't know about XIII-2 since I didn't play it.

But having achievements tied to Facebook...ew.  Makes me feel dirty just thinking about it.

Iron Maw

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #159 on: October 13, 2012, 05:11:57 PM »

Collectors Edition unboxng video, unofficially reveals the last two classes Evoker/Conjurer (FFIII) and Vampire (New Class).

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=pF844R_ekHk
Yggdrasil

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #160 on: October 13, 2012, 07:28:44 PM »

A bit weird seeing an unboxing video were someone actually shows the entire artbook, you don't see that often. Really liked the sketch at 4:20 with all the main characters together.

What does the Vampire class do by the way?
Taelus
Some music guy
RPGFan Editor

Leaves from the vine.

taelusramza
View Profile Email
« Reply #161 on: October 13, 2012, 10:41:05 PM »

A bit weird seeing an unboxing video were someone actually shows the entire artbook, you don't see that often. Really liked the sketch at 4:20 with all the main characters together.

Sparkles and can inflict the "angst" status effect.

"IT IS SUBTRACTION.  I WILL COME TO YOUR SCHOOL AND BEAT YOUR STUDENTS." - John
Eusis
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #162 on: October 13, 2012, 10:47:42 PM »

Alternatively, teleport around a shoot fireballs from a cape.
Aeolus

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #163 on: October 14, 2012, 04:55:08 AM »

Alternatively, teleport around a shoot fireballs from a cape.

Unless they're high powered Chaotic units that park themselves in their coffins during the day regardless of where they are or what they may have been doing at the time. Also they're surprisingly good on your reputation meter if you only use them to liberate towns of low alignment and for the occasional unit stomping since they get a lot of mileage out of their levels.

Raze

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #164 on: October 14, 2012, 05:41:39 AM »

Don't bother, the class sucks.
Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11] 12 13 ... 71 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: