Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
October 24, 2014, 05:42:41 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
RPGFan Community Quiz!
Persona 3 FES Quiz is now OVER!
Winner was user: Monsoon!
334774 Posts in 13711 Topics by 2200 Members
Latest Member: Rgeneb1
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  RPGFan Message Boards
|-+  Media
| |-+  Single-Player RPGs
| | |-+  Bravely Default: Flying Fairy
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 18 19 [20] 21 22 ... 71 Print
Author Topic: Bravely Default: Flying Fairy  (Read 98427 times)
Aeolus
This is the Monado's Powerbomb!

Little did he know, the fall damage would KO him.

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #285 on: August 28, 2013, 03:17:16 PM »

Bravely Default: For the Sequel announced for 3DS -- Source: Siliconera

"Siliconera reached out to Nintendo to ask whether this is the version of the game they intend to publish in the west, or whether they will be releasing the original Bravely Default instead. The publisher declined to comment."

We probably wont be getting this. Hell, we're lucky enough just to be getting any version at all.

(Unless, of course, this just happens to be why Nintendo's taking so long in localizing it. Still doubt it though as that would require Squeenix to be forthcoming with such plans and not just looking to remake a recently made game to sell to consumers at full price again, and/or making a Japanese exclusive version to keep the domestic market from importing the western bound exports at cheaper prices then they would've otherwise had to pay.)

In my vision, I see that one of us is going to KO the other.
AuraChannelerChris
The RPG Adventurer

Ultimate RPG Gamer

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #286 on: August 28, 2013, 05:02:37 PM »

I do believe we're getting this version. That absurdly late release date should be the reason why everyone's been saying that it's such a long time.

"(Huh. He's been quiet for a while. I wonder what's he thinking?)" ~Made by yours truly~
Youtube Channel - Current Walkthrough: The Wonderful 101
Lard

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #287 on: August 28, 2013, 05:39:19 PM »

I'm down with waiting a little longer if we're getting the "fancier" version.

I avoid online multiplayer because my brain still works.
Mickeymac92

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #288 on: August 28, 2013, 09:06:38 PM »

I am, too, but I'm not holding my breath. At this point I might take what I can get...

http://myanimelist.net/profile/mickeymac92

“MY NAME IS POKEY THE PENGUIN I LOVE CHESS!! IT IS LIKE BALLET ONLY WITH MORE EXPLOSIONS!”
Dincrest
Spectrum
RPGFan Editor

Stumpy McGunder- thumps

View Profile WWW
« Reply #289 on: August 28, 2013, 09:11:24 PM »

Same here.  I'd prefer "Director's Cut" version myself.  But it's release outside of Japan has been elusive and it sounds like many folks have already kinda given up hope that it will release.  I remain cautiously optimistic, especially since I too want the game.  The music is bliss. 

Next bike-a-thon: Diabetes Tour-de-Cure 2015
Aeolus
This is the Monado's Powerbomb!

Little did he know, the fall damage would KO him.

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #290 on: August 28, 2013, 11:46:58 PM »

Same here.  I'd prefer "Director's Cut" version myself.  But it's release outside of Japan has been elusive and it sounds like many folks have already kinda given up hope that it will release.  I remain cautiously optimistic, especially since I too want the game.  The music is bliss. 

It's not about the loss of hope that it will get released as it got announced earlier this year that it will be released in 2014 thanks to NoA. The question though is "Did we get the updated rerelease, or the older vanilla version?".

Of course, the problem has been all the drama that's surrounded this game since it first was announced. Type-0 got stranded in Japan despite being the final evolution of one of the three FNC titles revealed back in E3 '06 (which didn't exactly bode well for Bravely Default). The fact that Squeenix has always opted out of releasing improved versions of a game outside of Japan (or at least to North America, in the case of FFX's International Edition). And the fact that Squeenix has made significant cut-backs on localizing their own games, forcing companies like Nintendo to pick up their slack, and usually at the expense of another game (in Bravely Default's case, we're missing out on the DQVII 3DS remake).

Granted, the first issue has more or less been resolved since then, and the third issue is more of a hazard that comes with being an RPGFan, but despite the progress made on the second issue, I still wouldn't put it past Squeenix to say "Nope. No export for you.".

In my vision, I see that one of us is going to KO the other.
Dice
Super Happy Fun Super Girl
AMG A GIRL

Tawdry Hepburn

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #291 on: August 29, 2013, 02:19:26 AM »

Where the fairy flies, eh?

Ah well, crossing my fingers, toes, and eyes that we get the super-enhanced super-version.
Star Ocean 3 localization was kind enough to do so.... but this is like years later . I'd like to be an optimist, it'd be dumb if we didn't.
« Last Edit: August 29, 2013, 02:21:44 AM by Dice » Logged

http://society6.com/Dice963
http://www.redbubble.com/people/dice9633

Support your local Dice (and pitch her ideas)!
Eusis
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #292 on: August 29, 2013, 03:36:13 AM »

Man, some people would be crazy pessimistic to give up on a game announced for localization!

But, yeah, we don't really need to worry about seeing it or not so much as whether we'll see this content or not. Still, I imagine either they'll delay it in Europe and just get this version out for us, or they'll at least get the DLC out there so long as the game isn't a massive tank.
FlamingR1ft
RPGFan Editor

View Profile Email
« Reply #293 on: August 29, 2013, 08:51:11 AM »

But, yeah, we don't really need to worry about seeing it or not so much as whether we'll see this content or not. Still, I imagine either they'll delay it in Europe and just get this version out for us, or they'll at least get the DLC out there so long as the game isn't a massive tank.

It's on a Nintendo system and not first party, so it will undoubtedly be delayed in Europe for months. Mind you, this happens with first-party Nintendo too, occasionally. We got Kirby's Epic Yarn about 10 months after North America. O.o I guess translating words to include the extra "u" is pretty time-consuming!

Lard

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #294 on: September 01, 2013, 05:42:57 PM »

It's on a Nintendo system and not first party, so it will undoubtedly be delayed in Europe for months. Mind you, this happens with first-party Nintendo too, occasionally. We got Kirby's Epic Yarn about 10 months after North America. O.o I guess translating words to include the extra "u" is pretty time-consuming!

You got Pandora's Tower and Xenoblade long before we did, so times may be changing.

The only thing I worry about is that Square has gone DLC crazy. I really hope we get the second version, but something tells me we'll get the vanilla version and have to pony up for the extra content. I hope I'm wrong though.

Dincrest
Spectrum
RPGFan Editor

Stumpy McGunder- thumps

View Profile WWW
« Reply #295 on: September 01, 2013, 06:28:30 PM »

The only thing I worry about is that Square has gone DLC crazy. I really hope we get the second version, but something tells me we'll get the vanilla version and have to pony up for the extra content. I hope I'm wrong though.

Likewise.  I understand that the gaming business is just that- a business, but we're not exactly all made of money, especially in this economy.

Next bike-a-thon: Diabetes Tour-de-Cure 2015
Yggdrasil

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #296 on: September 02, 2013, 03:35:00 AM »

Bravely Default: For the Sequel Official website: http://www.jp.square-enix.com/bdfts/

---

Bravely Default: For the Sequel has over 100 improvements -- Source: Gematsu

"Multiple Language Options: Voices in Japanese and English, and text in Japanese, English, French, Italian, German, and Spanish."

Hmm~
Tomara

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #297 on: September 02, 2013, 05:28:51 AM »

It screams 'Bravely Default: For the Europeans'. I'm hopeful.
Lard

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #298 on: September 02, 2013, 06:59:12 AM »

Bravely Default: For the Sequel Official website: http://www.jp.square-enix.com/bdfts/

---

"Multiple Language Options: Voices in Japanese and English, and text in Japanese, English, French, Italian, German, and Spanish."

Hmm~

Damn Nintendo for their region locking. Otherwise I'd just order this.

AuraChannelerChris
The RPG Adventurer

Ultimate RPG Gamer

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #299 on: September 02, 2013, 11:57:31 AM »

---

Hmm~
Oh, come on, now! It's like the perfect import, unless they are bothering to give it voice acting for all languages.

EDIT: And now there's no reason to complain about it because...

The West is truly getting the enhanced version instead...and it will have dual audio!
« Last Edit: September 02, 2013, 02:49:30 PM by AuraChannelerChris » Logged

"(Huh. He's been quiet for a while. I wonder what's he thinking?)" ~Made by yours truly~
Youtube Channel - Current Walkthrough: The Wonderful 101
Pages: 1 ... 18 19 [20] 21 22 ... 71 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: