Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
October 20, 2014, 07:22:11 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
RPGFan Community Quiz!
Persona 3 FES Quiz is now OVER!
Winner was user: Monsoon!
334413 Posts in 13701 Topics by 2200 Members
Latest Member: Rgeneb1
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  RPGFan Message Boards
|-+  Media
| |-+  Single-Player RPGs
| | |-+  Bravely Default: Flying Fairy
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 31 32 [33] 34 35 ... 71 Print
Author Topic: Bravely Default: Flying Fairy  (Read 97143 times)
Aurian

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #480 on: January 02, 2014, 09:54:24 PM »

Oh good, because NOBODY was playing LoZ (no street pass links for me), Fire Emblem (other than my husband), or SMT around here. And I work next to the biggest mall in the Vancouver region!

Starmongoose
Contributing Editor

Vicious Feminist

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #481 on: January 02, 2014, 09:56:43 PM »

Yep, thats how I got most of my streetpasses.

@Dice: I never wear my glasses so my entire life is blurry. I thought the game was representing me. :P
« Last Edit: January 02, 2014, 10:01:43 PM by Starmongoose » Logged

SAVE THE PENGUIN!

Here to suck the fun out of games.
AuraChannelerChris
The RPG Adventurer

Ultimate RPG Gamer

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #482 on: January 03, 2014, 02:22:18 PM »

I just love mixing other abilities with other jobs.

*Sniff*

It's the Final Fantasy game I wished for all this time...

"(Huh. He's been quiet for a while. I wonder what's he thinking?)" ~Made by yours truly~
Youtube Channel - Current Walkthrough: The Wonderful 101
Mickeymac92

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #483 on: January 03, 2014, 02:30:27 PM »

How do I enable this "spotpass" of which you speak of? This is honestly the first time I've ever heard of it...and I've spent way too much time on Nintendo websites for that to really happen.

http://myanimelist.net/profile/mickeymac92

“MY NAME IS POKEY THE PENGUIN I LOVE CHESS!! IT IS LIKE BALLET ONLY WITH MORE EXPLOSIONS!”
AuraChannelerChris
The RPG Adventurer

Ultimate RPG Gamer

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #484 on: January 03, 2014, 03:30:09 PM »

How do I enable this "spotpass" of which you speak of? This is honestly the first time I've ever heard of it...and I've spent way too much time on Nintendo websites for that to really happen.
If you mean in the demo, is impossible.

If you mean in the full version, I believe it's in Tactics -> Friends.

"(Huh. He's been quiet for a while. I wonder what's he thinking?)" ~Made by yours truly~
FlamingR1ft
RPGFan Editor

View Profile Email
« Reply #485 on: January 03, 2014, 05:18:30 PM »

They don't call it spotpass either, so that's possibly why. But it makes explaining it a lot easier to call it that.

Dice
Super Happy Fun Super Girl
AMG A GIRL

Tawdry Hepburn

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #486 on: January 03, 2014, 05:24:15 PM »

Weirdly enough, I prefer the censored versions...there's showing skin then there's being almost naked.

http://society6.com/Dice963
http://www.redbubble.com/people/dice9633

Support your local Dice (and pitch her ideas)!
FlamingR1ft
RPGFan Editor

View Profile Email
« Reply #487 on: January 03, 2014, 05:28:08 PM »

The thing with Edea's bikini is there's some hilarious dialogue about it before you ever actually see it and, with the censored version, there's this moment of: "Oh, is that it?" Not that it really matters.

I prefer that censored one of Agnes though. Looks better.

Though both those things aside, I'm not really sure it really needed censoring in the first place... they're hardly that risque.

unsmashable_pumpkin

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #488 on: January 03, 2014, 05:46:32 PM »

Weirdly enough, I prefer the censored versions...

Agreed. There is a reason girl-boxers have beaten out thongs and g-stings in terms of what kind of lingerie is considered the norm these days. For me, it's not really about the amount of skin showing, it's just a lot more flattering and attractive looking.

I've never been one to get too upset about censorship of fan-service-y costumes and such. The fact that they have also done some "alterations" to the text as well might be more problematic, but I'm not able to compare anyway. As long as it is just toning down some innuendo of the standard jokes (double-entedre, boob-envy, revealing wardrobe comments etc.), I don't really mind. That kind of stuff isn't normally something I enjoy (Ar tonelico made me roll my eyes hard), and I haven't gotten the impression that they censored anything that it is actually relevant to the story.

I don't know if it was really worth the effort though. This is hardely that bad compared to a lot of other games. This and the fire emblem alterations sort of make me scratch my head.
Starmongoose
Contributing Editor

Vicious Feminist

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #489 on: January 03, 2014, 05:48:57 PM »

I probably know the character that received some "alterations", and to be honest, it's probably for the best.

SAVE THE PENGUIN!

Here to suck the fun out of games.
AuraChannelerChris
The RPG Adventurer

Ultimate RPG Gamer

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #490 on: January 03, 2014, 05:51:57 PM »

The thing with Edea's bikini is there's some hilarious dialogue about it before you ever actually see it and, with the censored version, there's this moment of: "Oh, is that it?" Not that it really matters.

I prefer that censored one of Agnes though. Looks better.

Though both those things aside, I'm not really sure it really needed censoring in the first place... they're hardly that risque.
I read somewhere their ages are 15 and they're wearing THOSE in Japan to see? Yes...that's kind of screwed up, even if being naked over there is a sense of purity. They had to increase their ages outside of there just to make it a little more kid-friendly.

But still, I think those censors were for the best.

(People actually think seeing semi-naked chibi characters is gross.)

FlamingR1ft
RPGFan Editor

View Profile Email
« Reply #491 on: January 03, 2014, 06:27:34 PM »

They're chibi though, so changing 15 to 18 on a piece of paper doesn't really change anything. Like, if they were proportioned realistically, then I'd totally agree with you. But it's hard to even pick their ages looking at their models.

But, like I have mentioned before, I'm not really fussy about censorship.

Eusis
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #492 on: January 03, 2014, 08:41:26 PM »

I was more annoyed with the age changes than the outfit ones, but finding out a scene that happens in the game I think I can understand why they went that route. Nevermind that it's still innuendo laden.
FlamingR1ft
RPGFan Editor

View Profile Email
« Reply #493 on: January 03, 2014, 08:51:09 PM »

There's still plenty of innuendo. Haha.

The most hilarious/stupid censorship relating to age is when eroges are released in the west. Character ages are all bumped up to eighteen, but in-game they still say they're in their first or second year of high school or whatever. :P
« Last Edit: January 03, 2014, 09:00:15 PM by FlamingR1ft » Logged

Dice
Super Happy Fun Super Girl
AMG A GIRL

Tawdry Hepburn

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #494 on: January 04, 2014, 12:09:47 AM »

Weirdly enough, I prefer the censored versions...

Agreed. There is a reason girl-boxers have beaten out thongs and g-stings in terms of what kind of lingerie is considered the norm these days. For me, it's not really about the amount of skin showing, it's just a lot more flattering and attractive looking.

I have a pair that actually look like Edea's "censored chick boxers".  They're silk, and I love them like MAD.  I can almost literally SLIIIIDE into bad.  Whieee!

I actually love that they have Ringabel in a similarly risqué bikini bottom to fit in with the ladies... 
I dunno, I'm getting all old and annoyingly mature, but I hate gratuitously sexy, skin-baring armor that ironically can be "better armor" stats-wise.  x)

Overall though, I do like the class designs for Brave Default (I actually got the art book recently, she's reaaal purdy).  They're a great combination of "same" and "different" from the FF-series' ideas of what jobs look like.

....except whatever the fuck happened with their "Valkyrie" idea.  I think that was a bit of a swing and a miss (and speaking Valkyrie Profile is one of my favorite games, it matters to me dammit).
« Last Edit: January 04, 2014, 12:13:37 AM by Dice » Logged

http://society6.com/Dice963
http://www.redbubble.com/people/dice9633

Support your local Dice (and pitch her ideas)!
Pages: 1 ... 31 32 [33] 34 35 ... 71 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: