Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
July 30, 2014, 09:34:53 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
RPGFan Community Quiz
Next Quiz Date: January 11, 2014
Subject: 999 (Nintendo DS)
For more information click HERE!
327769 Posts in 13420 Topics by 2169 Members
Latest Member: KopeAcetic
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  RPGFan Message Boards
|-+  Media
| |-+  Single-Player RPGs
| | |-+  Bravely Default: Flying Fairy
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 35 36 [37] 38 39 ... 71 Print
Author Topic: Bravely Default: Flying Fairy  (Read 83188 times)
Dice
Super Happy Fun Super Girl
AMG A GIRL

Tawdry Hepburn

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #540 on: January 06, 2014, 12:03:39 AM »

Ya'll are crazy. Turtlenecks are awesome.

P'fah!  Suffocating hot tops!

http://society6.com/Dice963
Support your local Dice (and pitch her ideas)!
Annubis

Something something like a tiger

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #541 on: January 06, 2014, 12:10:23 AM »

I'm never to sure where to draw the line since the nudity in quite a lot of art throughout the centuries can feel just as pointless sometimes --- BUT IT'S 'ART'!!!!!!

I've dabbled my fair share into arts and the problem is that it's tasteless and plain.
The designs are fairly simple (belts in a squeenix game, whodathunk) and the skin shown does not expand the concept or the representation of the character. The skin shown isn't even made to be erotic anyway; it just feels kinda pointless.

I like my eros even more when it has a meaning or represents something (well something other than half naked 15 y-o girls sell well in JP)
Don't read anything scorn in that last parenthesis though.
« Last Edit: January 06, 2014, 12:16:50 AM by Annubis » Logged
Yggdrasil

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #542 on: January 06, 2014, 12:11:36 AM »

@Dice: Is cool if that's how you feel. I don't really mind.

I don't really use them lately but I do like turtlenecks.
Aeolus
I'm not evil!

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #543 on: January 06, 2014, 12:26:24 AM »

Sorry but I'm with the V-neck crowd. For one, they're not restricted to just sweaters (turtlenecks aren't exactly either but they might as well be). Second, they can still sport collars. Third, they can sport short sleeves as well. And finally, they make for much better window dressing on the ladies (if you know what I mean).

Speak for yourself.

Heh. I know you don't like my personality but I didn't mean any harm with my comment.

It's not your personality, I just think you're being purposely obnoxious than actually trying to promote or add to discussion.  Me being touchy?  Fine.  But don't sound so proud about a comment like that when you're just as guilty.

Also, sometimes I get the feeling you don't read too well.  I'm torn on the issue of censorship, but I feel like you're seeing me more as a one-sided nag.  The main reason I like the changes is because I like it more aesthetically --- the same way I think skinny jeans look better than bootcut jeans, or the same way I think V-neck shirts are better than Turtlenecks. 

Literally. 

That's it. 

It's me being all girly about fashion.... censorship be damned!

Actually, this brings up a good point. Why are you still here Yggdrasil? Last I recall, you stated, in no uncertain terms, that you were done with this site. So what brought you back here?

You've misunderstood me. I just seek your death only because you're in the way of my goal of world conquest. I can't help it that I have evil ambitions and am named Dark Lord. Honest.
Yggdrasil

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #544 on: January 06, 2014, 01:00:22 AM »

@Aeolus: Came back for a bit mainly for the FFX HD thread and I needed to express my point of view with the whole deal with BD.

I have to say though, I feel much more indifferent now posting here again. Not that this means that I'm going to be as active as I was before since I don't really feel welcomed anymore.
Dice
Super Happy Fun Super Girl
AMG A GIRL

Tawdry Hepburn

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #545 on: January 07, 2014, 01:52:42 AM »

@Aeolus: Came back for a bit mainly for the FFX HD thread and I needed to express my point of view with the whole deal with BD.

I have to say though, I feel much more indifferent now posting here again. Not that this means that I'm going to be as active as I was before since I don't really feel welcomed anymore.

Don't feel sorry for yourself.  You sometimes bring on the sass you get yourself.  Just...be a bit nicer and drop the sarcasm.

http://society6.com/Dice963
Support your local Dice (and pitch her ideas)!
Agent D.

"Mage"nt D.

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #546 on: January 07, 2014, 04:13:44 AM »

Enough about tortured homecomings and fashion dos and don'ts. This game is pretty great and I eagerly await its release. My only complaint is ninja with red mage and ninja supports and crescent moon off valkyrie's (that also irritates me, why is it not dragoon?) command list and double ninja knives or any strong swords is a fucking invincible wrecking machine in the demo. Transcience, turn tables, comeback kid, and everyone cast utsusemi=attack boost, counter attack if single target, and a free bp. I got bored and tried everyone witb that set up and killed the automaton with the unscathed bonus.

February is looking really awesome atm.

TASTY!
Yggdrasil

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #547 on: January 07, 2014, 06:05:36 PM »

For anyone that already played through Bravely Default; How is the tone (or mood) of the narrative in BD? I've read a bunch of different opinions in other sites saying that has some dark turns while others said is unremarkable.

---

Don't feel sorry for yourself.

Eh? ._.

You sometimes bring on the sass you get yourself.  Just...be a bit nicer and drop the sarcasm.

You guys already have an impression of me already so changing is a pretty pointless endeavour. Not that I would do it anyway since I don't feel like I should "change my ways" for this community when a lot of the times is just a misunderstanding generated by the way I try to get the message across in my posts in this forum.

The worst thing I've ever did here has having fun messing around with you guys. But like I said before, I don't plan on being as active as I was before again.
Darilon
Level 5 Spoony Bard

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #548 on: January 07, 2014, 06:10:51 PM »

For anyone that already played through Bravely Default; How is the tone (or mood) of the narrative in BD? I've read a bunch of different opinions in other sites saying that has some dark turns while others said is unremarkable.

The first half can get pretty dark. It isn't that it becomes lighthearted the second half but rather it simply doesn't have the same tone. This is all just opinion though.

Aeolus
I'm not evil!

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #549 on: January 07, 2014, 06:31:24 PM »

Enough about tortured homecomings and fashion dos and don'ts. This game is pretty great and I eagerly await its release. My only complaint is ninja with red mage and ninja supports and crescent moon off valkyrie's (that also irritates me, why is it not dragoon?) command list and double ninja knives or any strong swords is a fucking invincible wrecking machine in the demo. Transcience, turn tables, comeback kid, and everyone cast utsusemi=attack boost, counter attack if single target, and a free bp. I got bored and tried everyone witb that set up and killed the automaton with the unscathed bonus.

February is looking really awesome atm.

Did pretty much this. Even on Hard Mode this combination just demolishes the challenge of later fights.

Also pretty much 100%'d the demo. Hit level 20, mastered every job, own a copy of nearly every available item (including an enemy dropped fire rod), and even found the hidden chest.

You've misunderstood me. I just seek your death only because you're in the way of my goal of world conquest. I can't help it that I have evil ambitions and am named Dark Lord. Honest.
AuraChannelerChris
The RPG Adventurer

Ultimate RPG Gamer

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #550 on: January 07, 2014, 07:44:31 PM »

If the demo is that easy, I wonder how true was that fact about many Japanese players not getting the true ending of the game.

"(Huh. He's been quiet for a while. I wonder what's he thinking?)" ~Made by yours truly~
Youtube Channel - Current Walkthrough: The Wonderful 101
Starmongoose
Contributing Editor

Vicious Feminist

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #551 on: January 07, 2014, 07:46:11 PM »

It's not true, most probably did get the true ending. However when you save over the file you used to beat the game with (for new game plus or whatever), it gets rid of that data.

SAVE THE PENGUIN!

Here to suck the fun out of games.
Agent D.

"Mage"nt D.

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #552 on: January 07, 2014, 09:35:08 PM »

I've also gotten everything the demo can offer. All jobs mastered (again, double ninja knives and crescent moon shred enemies for easy unscathed bonuses), level 20, every item, and I still have like 20k pg. Great game, reminds me of FFV in character advancement which I love.

TASTY!
Klutz64

Meow Meow Choco-Chow!

RebornThief
View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #553 on: January 07, 2014, 09:48:12 PM »

true ending
Itrue ending.

*sigh* wut?

I already have Lightning Returns to contend with next month, I don't want to play yet another game I have to carefully finagle my way through in order to make sure I do things correctly so I only have to play through it once. This combined with my obsession to experience everything a game has to offer is why my backlog is so huge.

My incredibly adorable avatar was provided by our one and only Dice!
Starmongoose
Contributing Editor

Vicious Feminist

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #554 on: January 07, 2014, 09:50:12 PM »

Don't worry, you can't not get the true ending. I know it sounds weird, but you will get the true ending. No special decisions need to be made. In fact not making a decision is what matters. I'll say no more.

SAVE THE PENGUIN!

Here to suck the fun out of games.
Pages: 1 ... 35 36 [37] 38 39 ... 71 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: