Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
September 18, 2014, 05:48:51 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
RPGFan Community Quiz!
Subject: Persona 3: FES
Prize: $20 eShop, PSN or Steam code
Date: 3rd October 2014 Time: 16:00 EST
331614 Posts in 13577 Topics by 2191 Members
Latest Member: Zaltys
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  RPGFan Message Boards
|-+  Media
| |-+  Single-Player RPGs
| | |-+  Bravely Default: Flying Fairy
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 36 37 [38] 39 40 ... 71 Print
Author Topic: Bravely Default: Flying Fairy  (Read 93041 times)
Yggdrasil

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #555 on: January 08, 2014, 01:45:32 PM »

The first half can get pretty dark. It isn't that it becomes lighthearted the second half but rather it simply doesn't have the same tone. This is all just opinion though.

Ah, alright then. I was pretty confused with the divisive opinions I kept reading about the story.
Ranadiel

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #556 on: January 09, 2014, 07:12:27 AM »

So I've been playing the demo....and I really don't get why this game is so anticipated. Can anyone explain to me what is so amazing about this game? Because I have been meh about it since I first saw it and the demo has not convinced me otherwise.
Darilon
Level 5 Spoony Bard

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #557 on: January 09, 2014, 07:59:32 AM »

So I've been playing the demo....and I really don't get why this game is so anticipated. Can anyone explain to me what is so amazing about this game? Because I have been meh about it since I first saw it and the demo has not convinced me otherwise.

The demo isn't the greatest representative of the game. It dumps you into the second continent, under leveled and under equipped. The game itself is a lot better at easing you into things. The game also does not have fetch quests like the demo has. However if your issue is with the gameplay and job system then it could mean it simply isn't your type of game.

Dice
Super Happy Fun Super Girl
AMG A GIRL

Tawdry Hepburn

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #558 on: January 09, 2014, 08:17:21 AM »

Yeah, I had the same issue.  But I usually just make myself understand that demo's toss you into out-of-context scenarios.  I usually don't like demos for that reason, and usually when I get a demo, I do it to watch some fancy visuals, fight a battle or two and switch it off.

The Brave Default demo seemed especially catered to....demo.  Like Darlion said, it starts you in the middle of the game, they gave you weird equipment, few job levels, and constructed quests around being only a slice of the gaming pie.

http://society6.com/Dice963
http://www.redbubble.com/people/dice9633

Support your local Dice (and pitch her ideas)!
TiamatNM

tiagol@live.com CursedTiamat
View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #559 on: January 09, 2014, 11:09:28 AM »

same.  nothing about it really stands out to me
Klutz64

Meow Meow Choco-Chow!

RebornThief
View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #560 on: January 09, 2014, 11:12:38 AM »

I actually thought they did a really good job with the Bravely Default demo. I mean, they took the time to make it an actual demo with tutorials and spoiler-free quests and even rewards for the game itself.

As a counter example, it's an unexplainable miracle that I got "into" the Tales series when my first experience of it was the Tales of Vesperia demo. The thing put you into a random part of the game with not so much as hints on how to play, incomprehensible plot details, and one of the hardest boss fights in the entire game.

My incredibly adorable avatar was provided by our one and only Dice!
Dice
Super Happy Fun Super Girl
AMG A GIRL

Tawdry Hepburn

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #561 on: January 09, 2014, 11:31:15 AM »

I actually thought they did a really good job with the Bravely Default demo. I mean, they took the time to make it an actual demo with tutorials and spoiler-free quests and even rewards for the game itself.

As a counter example, it's an unexplainable miracle that I got "into" the Tales series when my first experience of it was the Tales of Vesperia demo. The thing put you into a random part of the game with not so much as hints on how to play, incomprehensible plot details, and one of the hardest boss fights in the entire game.

Kinda six of one half dozen of the other.

I don't like demos particularly (the latter Vesperia example of yours as a bad example of a demo).  But the Brave Default has had people invest a lot of time into it -- it's kinda unique that way since you can actually get good mileage out of it.  But all the same, without context of what the hell is happening I kinda shy away and put in less than an hour into it.

http://society6.com/Dice963
http://www.redbubble.com/people/dice9633

Support your local Dice (and pitch her ideas)!
Holykael1
What is a man?

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #562 on: January 09, 2014, 12:03:52 PM »

Kinda six of one half dozen of the other.

I don't like demos particularly (the latter Vesperia example of yours as a bad example of a demo).  But the Brave Default has had people invest a lot of time into it -- it's kinda unique that way since you can actually get good mileage out of it.  But all the same, without context of what the hell is happening I kinda shy away and put in less than an hour into it.

Your post count is nearly over 9000!
Ahem, on topic. This game looks great though Im disappointed to see that it apparently has a rather weak plot. It's still one of my top games to get when I acquire a 3ds.

Spoony Mage
I aim to misbehave.

I also aim to please and shoot to kill.

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #563 on: January 10, 2014, 02:22:20 PM »

So is the demo pretty much all grinding fetch quests and streetpass tags (for rebuilding Norende)?  Or am I missing something plot-related that I'm actively supposed to do?  It's fine either way since it's just a demo and I'm actually enjoying it a lot (it's been a while since I've played something like FFV or Tactics).  I'm just wondering if there is something specific I'm supposed to be doing in order to complete the demo or get whatever bonuses carry over to the main game (if any).

Support Silent Protagonists!
At least SOMEONE knows when to shut up!
Starmongoose
Contributing Editor

Vicious Feminist

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #564 on: January 10, 2014, 02:26:07 PM »

There's no plot. Completing the quests gets you bonus starting items in the main game, but they aren't a big deal.

SAVE THE PENGUIN!

Here to suck the fun out of games.
Aeolus
This is the Monado's Powerbomb!

Little did he know, the fall damage would KO him.

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #565 on: January 10, 2014, 03:15:09 PM »

The only real benefit to get out of the demo is grinding up 20 villagers to transfer over to the main game and the satisfaction of putting together a team of Ninjas loaded down with the support abilities that do stuff upon dodging an attack and going to town on the bosses of the demo as a nigh untouchable team of badasses.

In my vision, I see that one of us is going to KO the other.
Agent D.

"Mage"nt D.

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #566 on: January 10, 2014, 03:31:27 PM »

The demo was great cuz it gave me a feel for the game. When the real game comes out I'll be ready to steam roll it.

TASTY!
blackthirteen

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #567 on: January 11, 2014, 02:05:19 AM »

I'm currently playing the demo and it seems to be a solid RPG. The environment design is remarkable, I love the 3D deepness and the arts are beautiful. The music is really good so far. The only thing I'm left wondering is if there's going to be a solid storyline because the demo seems to be some kind of side-quest rather than a segment straight from the game.

Starmongoose
Contributing Editor

Vicious Feminist

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #568 on: January 11, 2014, 02:20:13 AM »

That's because it isn't from the game. The area is from the game, but the events are just for the demo.

SAVE THE PENGUIN!

Here to suck the fun out of games.
Spoony Mage
I aim to misbehave.

I also aim to please and shoot to kill.

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #569 on: January 16, 2014, 10:48:27 AM »

Now that I'm at a point in the demo where I can power-level my classes, this is starting to become a whole lot of fun.  More options to customize my characters with is always a good thing.

Support Silent Protagonists!
At least SOMEONE knows when to shut up!
Pages: 1 ... 36 37 [38] 39 40 ... 71 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: