Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
September 02, 2014, 01:19:46 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
RPGFan Community Quiz
Next Quiz Date: January 11, 2014
Subject: 999 (Nintendo DS)
For more information click HERE!
330138 Posts in 13528 Topics by 2179 Members
Latest Member: Lian_Kazairl
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  RPGFan Message Boards
|-+  Media
| |-+  Single-Player RPGs
| | |-+  Bravely Default: Flying Fairy
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 39 40 [41] 42 43 ... 71 Print
Author Topic: Bravely Default: Flying Fairy  (Read 89841 times)
Agent D.

"Mage"nt D.

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #600 on: February 07, 2014, 02:28:51 PM »

No copies for sale at my local lamestop, so I bought a 50 dollar nintendo card and am hoping I can get home and download it shortly. Fucking loved their reply to it too, they had 7 copies with 8 preorders held. Astounding logic, to have less copies than required for preorder customers and 0 for casual pick up. HOW THE HELL IS THIS FRANCHISE IN BUSINESS STILL?

I've had that happen so many times, that's why I now strictly pre-order through Amazon. Guaranteed game on release day and I don't even have to leave the house.
Except they won't buy my old crap back for it...and I need to use a credit/some form of bank card...all strong reasons I don't use amazon as much as I like.

TASTY!
Cyril

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #601 on: February 07, 2014, 04:08:20 PM »

Just curious if anyone else's CE from Amazon was bent to hell, or if I'm going to have to request Amazon not send through my local provider because they toss it around.
Blace

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #602 on: February 07, 2014, 04:23:34 PM »

No copies for sale at my local lamestop, so I bought a 50 dollar nintendo card and am hoping I can get home and download it shortly. Fucking loved their reply to it too, they had 7 copies with 8 preorders held. Astounding logic, to have less copies than required for preorder customers and 0 for casual pick up. HOW THE HELL IS THIS FRANCHISE IN BUSINESS STILL?

I've had that happen so many times, that's why I now strictly pre-order through Amazon. Guaranteed game on release day and I don't even have to leave the house.
Except they won't buy my old crap back for it...and I need to use a credit/some form of bank card...all strong reasons I don't use amazon as much as I like.

Amazon gives you credit for trade ins too. I've never actually done it, but they always give me the option. I just never trade in games. I hate getting 5 bucks for a 60 dollar game lol. I understand your reasons though.

Klutz64

Meow Meow Choco-Chow!

RebornThief
View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #603 on: February 07, 2014, 05:42:49 PM »

Sounds like you guys just have some really bad branches by you or something, as I've only ever heard of that happen because of an associate accidentally selling a reserved copy, and I think that's only happened at our store once.

This game starts out pretty tough. I just emptied most of my inventory taking down the Black Mage.
« Last Edit: February 07, 2014, 05:44:30 PM by Klutz64 » Logged

My incredibly adorable avatar was provided by our one and only Dice!
Aeolus
This is the Monado's Powerbomb!

Little did he know, the fall damage would KO him.

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #604 on: February 07, 2014, 08:20:46 PM »

Yeah, Gamestop tends to be a crapshoot more often than not. I've had my share of preorders and preorder bonuses disappear without a trace. Sometimes you can go shop hopping in hopes of finding the missing pieces if you ask the associate to call up and ask around but I wouldn't count on that either.

That said, this time went without incident and now I have my own swank CE BD FF. Right now I've just unlocked the village growth mechanic. Also I had to change the voices over to Japanese since Tiz shares the same VA as SAO's Keito and the reminder of the hot garbage that is SAO s2 is a bit too much.

In my vision, I see that one of us is going to KO the other.
Agent D.

"Mage"nt D.

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #605 on: February 07, 2014, 09:33:56 PM »

I tried fighting beelzebub lvl10.....that is not a level 10 fight!

TASTY!
Dice
Super Happy Fun Super Girl
AMG A GIRL

Tawdry Hepburn

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #606 on: February 08, 2014, 01:19:10 AM »

I tried fighting beelzebub lvl10.....that is not a level 10 fight!

Goddamn it, when my level can't kill an enemy of the same level, i don't know what to do with these "levels" anymore....

BRAVERS.  FRIEND CODE.  RAAAH NOW. DO-EET.

http://society6.com/Dice963
Support your local Dice (and pitch her ideas)!
Alisha

Z0eila@hotmail.com Z0eila
View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #607 on: February 08, 2014, 01:57:13 AM »

tried to pick it up today on a whim and they were sold out so i ordered it online through the store. should come monday.

“Normal is not something to aspire to, it's something to get away from.”
Cyril

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #608 on: February 08, 2014, 02:22:57 AM »

Goddamn it, when my level can't kill an enemy of the same level, i don't know what to do with these "levels" anymore....

BRAVERS.  FRIEND CODE.  RAAAH NOW. DO-EET.

3711-7315-6274
Belated edit: Added you, Dice.
« Last Edit: February 08, 2014, 03:08:07 AM by Cyril » Logged
Ranadiel

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #609 on: February 08, 2014, 07:09:24 AM »

So I am currently torn on my thoughts about this game (still very early in the game). I see where this plot is going and I love this sort of story or at least one aspect.....on the other hand the dialogue has been not very impressive. I honestly don't like any of the characters at the moment. I guess I can hope that I come to like the characters? Semi-related, Ringabel needs to be burned alive for that horror of a haircut.

Just curious if anyone else's CE from Amazon was bent to hell, or if I'm going to have to request Amazon not send through my local provider because they toss it around.
Mine was bent to hell as well. Well maybe not bent, but it was clearly beaten up. The problem is that they used bubblewrap envelope when the box wasn't sturdy enough to have stuff stacked on it.....which they apparently do with those envelopes so yeah. >.>
Darilon
Level 5 Spoony Bard

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #610 on: February 08, 2014, 08:07:49 AM »

A tip to those interested in buying this game. You probably don't want to get this second hand if you don't want the plot spoiled on you. The opening changes after a while.

Keep any Japanese Mammon encounters that appear in your village. She is a level 25 boss. There are two versions of her. One that lets you steal Ethers and one that lets you steal Elixers. Her Elixers can be sold for about 20,000. Really helpful late game. Just steal from her and run away. If you kill her she is gone for good. Protect her so she does not get overwritten by a new boss.

Klutz64

Meow Meow Choco-Chow!

RebornThief
View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #611 on: February 08, 2014, 10:26:12 AM »

Friend code:
2964 - 8602 - 7733

Added both Dice and Cyril.

I'm actually surprised the site's review was so mediocre. I think it's a fantastic game, I like the characters enough (Edea is actually my favorite, she has a temper but the writers didn't just lazily make her a cliche tsundere) the combat is fantastic of course and the music and visuals bring everything together.

My incredibly adorable avatar was provided by our one and only Dice!
Starmongoose
Contributing Editor

Vicious Feminist

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #612 on: February 08, 2014, 10:32:24 AM »

Well, there are two. Mine from a couple of months ago: http://www.rpgfan.com/reviews/Bravely_Default_Flying_Fairy/index.html

And Kyles on the front page.

Once you beat the game you might find yourself more sympathetic with Kyles review, so I would withhold judgement until you get to that part. Or you might be like me and forgive its faults.

SAVE THE PENGUIN!

Here to suck the fun out of games.
Dice
Super Happy Fun Super Girl
AMG A GIRL

Tawdry Hepburn

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #613 on: February 08, 2014, 10:59:46 AM »

Well, there are two. Mine from a couple of months ago: http://www.rpgfan.com/reviews/Bravely_Default_Flying_Fairy/index.html

And Kyles on the front page.

Once you beat the game you might find yourself more sympathetic with Kyles review, so I would withhold judgement until you get to that part. Or you might be like me and forgive its faults.

All imports agree for the most part.  That it's "very good" but marred by a terrible, terrible final stretch (I know what it is, and it DOES sound awful...).  I think it's fair to have both kinds of reviews, one that didn't dislike it as much, and a harsher critique (who still have it a 75; perhaps the title can "take" the criticism).

Friend code:
2964 - 8602 - 7733

Added both Dice and Cyril.

Thank you!

BRAVERS.  FRIEND CODE.  RAAAH NOW. DO-EET.

3711-7315-6274
Belated edit: Added you, Dice.

Thank Cyril.  I love your Mii x)

http://society6.com/Dice963
Support your local Dice (and pitch her ideas)!
Aurian

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #614 on: February 08, 2014, 12:24:57 PM »

My code is 1005-8832-7182 :)

Added Dice, Klutz and Cyril too
« Last Edit: February 08, 2014, 12:31:51 PM by Aurian » Logged
Pages: 1 ... 39 40 [41] 42 43 ... 71 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: