Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
September 17, 2014, 03:44:01 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
RPGFan Community Quiz!
Subject: Persona 3: FES
Prize: $20 eShop, PSN or Steam code
Date: 3rd October 2014 Time: 16:00 EST
331482 Posts in 13573 Topics by 2191 Members
Latest Member: Zaltys
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  RPGFan Message Boards
|-+  Media
| |-+  Single-Player RPGs
| | |-+  Bravely Default: Flying Fairy
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 43 44 [45] 46 47 ... 71 Print
Author Topic: Bravely Default: Flying Fairy  (Read 92696 times)
Agent D.

"Mage"nt D.

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #660 on: February 10, 2014, 08:36:29 AM »

So does anybody know what the deal is with the guy in the Wind Shrine? I half expect him to be some sort of sidequest related but usually there's more of an indication as to what's up with somebody than "You're not good enough. Come back tomorrow.".

It is part of the summoner sidequest. Once you get the job he will "test" you to see if you are worthy of that summon.
Fair warning, go in with a lot of hp and save first

Scratch that, just make sure you save first. Priority 1.

TASTY!
Aeolus
This is the Monado's Powerbomb!

Little did he know, the fall damage would KO him.

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #661 on: February 10, 2014, 10:03:39 AM »

So does anybody know what the deal is with the guy in the Wind Shrine? I half expect him to be some sort of sidequest related but usually there's more of an indication as to what's up with somebody than "You're not good enough. Come back tomorrow.".

It is part of the summoner sidequest. Once you get the job he will "test" you to see if you are worthy of that summon.
Fair warning, go in with a lot of hp and save first

Scratch that, just make sure you save first. Priority 1.

I'd help to get the Summon Job first.

Also forgot they went with Summons other than Chocobo/Shiva/Ifirit/Ramuh/Odin/Leviathan/Bahamut/whatever.

In my vision, I see that one of us is going to KO the other.
Klutz64

Meow Meow Choco-Chow!

RebornThief
View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #662 on: February 10, 2014, 10:23:08 AM »

I'm with Dice, without the ability to use more than one save file per game and the nature of sub-scenarios (slightly wide gaps between them and then that first one that just abruptly ends), I'm stressing myself out wondering if I missed anything.

My incredibly adorable avatar was provided by our one and only Dice!
Starmongoose
Contributing Editor

Vicious Feminist

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #663 on: February 10, 2014, 10:28:04 AM »

You won't miss anything. If there isn't a blue marker, then you just havn't reached that bit of the story yet. There isn't really anything quest-wise not indicated by a blue marker.

SAVE THE PENGUIN!

Here to suck the fun out of games.
Aeolus
This is the Monado's Powerbomb!

Little did he know, the fall damage would KO him.

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #664 on: February 10, 2014, 12:44:04 PM »

The first one in particular requires you to be at the end of chapter 1 to finish. At least you can get the first half of that sidequest's payout early.

In my vision, I see that one of us is going to KO the other.
Agent D.

"Mage"nt D.

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #665 on: February 10, 2014, 01:38:56 PM »

I can safely say that not ALL of the quests are easily noticed. I almost missed the salve maker because I didn't walk up a set of stairs in chapter 3...and now I'm worried I may be missing ninja as well. Chapter 3 seems like its hell bent on throwing you off if you don't search adequately.

Quick heads up to everyone with money issues and merchants. The support ability "More Money" does not stack in any way. 4 merchants, 2 merchants and 2 others using the support ability...no way does it work. The description is bogus, and according to what I read, it DOES stack with items that boost money received. Granted I can't test it yet, but in case you're like me and trying to amass huge amounts of pg, leveling all of your party as merchants is a massive waste of time.

Continuing in updates, for you monk users, check back on your equipment frequently. You can quickly level up past the best claws available and not realize it, actually nerfing your attack power by not being bare handed. I lost about 20 attack using bastet claws when I realized it and saw a massive boost when I took them off. Friendly warning to anyone who is getting mad at monk, it really kicks ass.

Speaking of kicking ass, omg Ranger. First job I maxed out, and with the support ability precision, I'm landing 4k crits on enemies. It's ungodly. Forget it if it's flying, it roughs out to a 7k hit on crit. Amazing output.

TASTY!
Darilon
Level 5 Spoony Bard

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #666 on: February 10, 2014, 01:44:58 PM »

Speaking of kicking ass, omg Ranger. First job I maxed out, and with the support ability precision, I'm landing 4k crits on enemies. It's ungodly. Forget it if it's flying, it roughs out to a 7k hit on crit. Amazing output.

Ranger is great early game but falls down later. Angel bow is great until chapter 4

Agent D.

"Mage"nt D.

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #667 on: February 10, 2014, 03:00:33 PM »

Ranger is great early game but falls down later. Angel bow is great until chapter 4
I'm using a gale bow right now, and I switched to thief just to play with bows more (on tiz).

Just fought the fire temple boss...took a few tries cuz I didn't actually go tactical, just blew attacks. That does not work on him, fair warning.

TASTY!
Klutz64

Meow Meow Choco-Chow!

RebornThief
View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #668 on: February 10, 2014, 05:27:27 PM »

Managed to steal the Spike Knuckles from the Dragon only to reveal that I seem to have missed a pair somewhere along the way. Anyone know what I might be missing? I've bought one of everything from all the shops thus far.

My incredibly adorable avatar was provided by our one and only Dice!
Dice
Super Happy Fun Super Girl
AMG A GIRL

Tawdry Hepburn

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #669 on: February 10, 2014, 06:09:21 PM »

I liked talking to the Thief...  He starts by telling me to piss-off, and then gives me the saddest orphan story ever told ever.

I actually kinda don't like the Asterisk Class people...  Not because they're bad characters, but because I know it's a matter of time before they start to act like buttholes and then my party is going to cut them down and steal their livelihood.  So learning about them makes me all "...fwhatev :( ".

Dungeons kinda suck so far.  This is a complaint I've had a lot lately though...  I miss the days when game dungeons sucked less.

But battles are a lot of fun.

http://society6.com/Dice963
Support your local Dice (and pitch her ideas)!
Agent D.

"Mage"nt D.

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #670 on: February 10, 2014, 06:12:56 PM »

No puzzles is kinda sad. Boring layout, drab backrounds....doesn't really scream groundbreaking.

Got my first streetpass hit today. I was all OH SNAP!

TASTY!
Taelus
Some music guy
RPGFan Editor

Leaves from the vine.

taelusramza
View Profile Email
« Reply #671 on: February 10, 2014, 06:41:30 PM »

Merchant/Thief is the best thing ever.

Steal stuff from enemies and sell it back to them. Calculator-level hilarity, there.

"IT IS SUBTRACTION.  I WILL COME TO YOUR SCHOOL AND BEAT YOUR STUDENTS." - John
Daggerstrike
Rainbow Club Member

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #672 on: February 10, 2014, 08:05:11 PM »

So I turned experience off and fought infinite myconids for cash and prizes.

All right, we are going to use a fan brush here and uh why don't you take some hunter green and we are going to put a happy little bush right down over here in the corner there and that'll just be our little secret and if you tell anyone that that bush is there I will come to your house and I will cut you.
Raze

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #673 on: February 10, 2014, 08:45:16 PM »

2766-8364-9874

I like how after hearing about a weak lategame the first thing the game did when I turned it on was asked me to promise to finish it.
AuraChannelerChris
The RPG Adventurer

Ultimate RPG Gamer

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #674 on: February 10, 2014, 09:10:36 PM »

The Asterisk people are some interesting characters, but it's a shame you have to kill them off to obtain their powers.

I felt especially bad for killing that crazy Ranger girl...but the Thief...

Oh dear god, the Thief. It was like fighting Tiz if his doomed hometown hit him bad.

"(Huh. He's been quiet for a while. I wonder what's he thinking?)" ~Made by yours truly~
Youtube Channel - Current Walkthrough: The Wonderful 101
Pages: 1 ... 43 44 [45] 46 47 ... 71 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: