Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
November 20, 2014, 06:14:35 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
We have a new board! Pop on over to the Game Journals section and tell us what you've been playing!
337741 Posts in 13830 Topics by 2212 Members
Latest Member: WhiteWishes
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  RPGFan Message Boards
|-+  Media
| |-+  Single-Player RPGs
| | |-+  Bravely Default: Flying Fairy
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 44 45 [46] 47 48 ... 71 Print
Author Topic: Bravely Default: Flying Fairy  (Read 102540 times)
Klutz64

Meow Meow Choco-Chow!

RebornThief
View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #675 on: February 10, 2014, 09:13:44 PM »

The Asterisk people are some interesting characters, but it's a shame you have to kill them off to obtain their powers.

I felt especially bad for killing that crazy Ranger girl...but the Thief...

Oh dear god, the Thief. It was like fighting Tiz if his doomed hometown hit him bad.

I just tell myself that he's been an ass all his life and his parents just couldn't deal with it anymore, and then he started exaggerating how long ago it was that they abandoned him.
Aeolus
This is the Monado's Powerbomb!

Little did he know, the fall damage would KO him.

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #676 on: February 10, 2014, 09:45:10 PM »

Yeah, the Summoner one is a lot more depressing (although not because of the Summoner herself as she's personified). But out of the * holders themselves, Valkyrie has so far been the closest to sympathetic.

Continuing in updates, for you monk users, check back on your equipment frequently. You can quickly level up past the best claws available and not realize it, actually nerfing your attack power by not being bare handed. I lost about 20 attack using bastet claws when I realized it and saw a massive boost when I took them off. Friendly warning to anyone who is getting mad at monk, it really kicks ass.

Speaking of kicking ass, omg Ranger. First job I maxed out, and with the support ability precision, I'm landing 4k crits on enemies. It's ungodly. Forget it if it's flying, it roughs out to a 7k hit on crit. Amazing output.

The Beast Killer ability at least helps to justify the Bastet Claws until you hit chapter 2 since beast type enemies are common until then. And yes, the Ranger is basically where your Monk will end up heading once they hit level 9 for effective damage and because I could get the Ranger Job up to level 9 in less time then it would take me to take anybody up from 9 to 10.

No puzzles is kinda sad. Boring layout, drab backrounds....doesn't really scream groundbreaking.

Got my first streetpass hit today. I was all OH SNAP!

To be fair, that replicates the older FFs pretty accurately.

Merchant/Thief is the best thing ever.

Steal stuff from enemies and sell it back to them. Calculator-level hilarity, there.

Too bad you don't actually get the money from them until after you finish the fight. But if you have extra gear lying around and you have nothing better to do in a boss fight then there's no reason to not pawn off your outdated gear for mad money (unless its something useful like the Blessed Shield or the Sage's Staff).

The one thing about Thieves is that Chapter 2 is where you should start swiping from bosses as they carry otherwise expensive accessories like Power Bracers from Valkyrie and Hermes Sandals from Red Dandy. Before then you're far more likely to just come away with weapons that you could've just gotten from the shop 5 minutes down the road (not factoring in talking times).

In my vision, I see that one of us is going to KO the other.
Agent D.

"Mage"nt D.

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #677 on: February 10, 2014, 11:22:34 PM »

Rob Blind for doubles, of course!

Holy fuck I stopped leveling too soon, shit is kicking my ass now. Fights are easy enough, but enemies do ridiculous damage to me. Even trash random encounters are 2 shotting me, and aside from two handed on pretty much all melee users and Agnes as my mage, all my gear is pretty standard. If I whiff an attack round I pretty much guarantee someone eats it generally. Bosses are frightening now, if I don't prep well or watch for counter abuse, I die quick. Swordmaster fight....jeez every round I got nailed by a counter for at least 1500 health. Definitely exciting now, to say the least.

Just got ninja btw....evil times now.

TASTY!
Aurian

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #678 on: February 10, 2014, 11:43:19 PM »

Added Dice, Aurian, Agent D, Klutz and Cyril.

I need all the help I can get.

Agent D, nice choice of color for your Mii. :P

Sorry, what's your number?

Also how do I get more Nemeses?
Darilon
Level 5 Spoony Bard

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #679 on: February 10, 2014, 11:57:34 PM »

Also how do I get more Nemeses?

You can get more nemesis by updating your data once a day. Basically the thing that gives you new villagers once a day.

Aurian

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #680 on: February 11, 2014, 12:48:43 AM »

Ok, I only seen two types so far... And I gather you can send Nemeses to each other too. Just wondering if anyone got other types yet.

Plus, the update doesn't respawn all the monster locations... I cleared out about 4-5 but only got two new ones today.
Lard

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #681 on: February 11, 2014, 01:00:01 AM »

So.

How intrusive are the Free to play mechanics?

I don't know how to feel about everyone gushing over this game, because it's just going to encourage Squeenix to do more and more.

I'm honestly finding it a little hypocritical that everyone is getting so worked up over Dungeon Keeper, yet giving this a free pass.
« Last Edit: February 11, 2014, 01:03:25 AM by Lard » Logged

I avoid online multiplayer because my brain still works.
Eusis
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #682 on: February 11, 2014, 01:24:56 AM »

How intrusive are the Free to play mechanics?

I filled up my SP leaving the system in sleep mode and the one point I used didn't really make a huge difference. And you can ONLY buy SP and they're 99 cents per bottle of 3 points. The social aspects matter more if anything, but you can just add a bunch of people here and call it a day.

SPEAKING OF WHICH: my friend code's 4940-5860-8657. PM me if you add me!
FlamingR1ft
RPGFan Editor

View Profile Email
« Reply #683 on: February 11, 2014, 01:37:10 AM »

I didn't use any SP at all and didn't even notice it.

Dice
Dobbelstenen Muil
AMG A GIRL

Tawdry Hepburn

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #684 on: February 11, 2014, 01:38:35 AM »

I didn't use any SP at all and didn't even notice it.

I'm already pretty disappointed with myself when I call for aid.  I beat a boss that way...that just wasn't "victory".

And agreed with Eusis.  PM ME IF YOU WANNA ADD ME....IF YOU WANT....yknowyoudon'thaveto..... D:

http://society6.com/Dice963
http://www.redbubble.com/people/dice9633

Support your local Dice (and pitch her ideas)!
Cyril

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #685 on: February 11, 2014, 03:27:05 AM »

I used the first SP they give you as soon as I entered battle, not realizing how it's replenished or even how it's intended to be properly used.

I haven't needed it or missed it.
Darilon
Level 5 Spoony Bard

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #686 on: February 11, 2014, 06:06:24 AM »

I only used SP to complete that tutorial quest. I think most people who do use it, use it to break the 9999 limit to send attacks up to 999,999 to their friends. You will probably have your 3DS in sleep mode for Norende village anyway so you will easily get 3.

Ranadiel

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #687 on: February 11, 2014, 07:09:23 AM »

Ok, I only seen two types so far... And I gather you can send Nemeses to each other too. Just wondering if anyone got other types yet.

Plus, the update doesn't respawn all the monster locations... I cleared out about 4-5 but only got two new ones today.

I got a third type of Nemeses recently. t is level 70. It is going to kick my ass if I try to fight it anytime soon.
AuraChannelerChris
The RPG Adventurer

Ultimate RPG Gamer

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #688 on: February 11, 2014, 10:24:20 AM »

If anybody wishes to have my FC, PM me, okay?

"(Huh. He's been quiet for a while. I wonder what's he thinking?)" ~Made by yours truly~
Youtube Channel - Current Walkthrough: The Wonderful 101
Agent D.

"Mage"nt D.

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #689 on: February 11, 2014, 10:54:08 AM »

So it seems that a number of abilities are mistranslated. Like completely opposite to how they're described,such as more money and master thief. Way to go, SE :(

TASTY!
Pages: 1 ... 44 45 [46] 47 48 ... 71 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: