Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 23, 2014, 02:43:58 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
RPGFan Community Quiz
Next Quiz Date: January 11, 2014
Subject: 999 (Nintendo DS)
For more information click HERE!
319645 Posts in 13044 Topics by 2145 Members
Latest Member: aew0
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  RPGFan Message Boards
|-+  Media
| |-+  Single-Player RPGs
| | |-+  Bravely Default: Flying Fairy
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 47 48 [49] 50 51 ... 70 Print
Author Topic: Bravely Default: Flying Fairy  (Read 62540 times)
Darilon
Level 5 Spoony Bard

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #720 on: February 14, 2014, 09:13:32 AM »

Anyone else find that the villain's plans make no sense?

Code:
Okay wind temple continent, the evil plan is to extort people and force them to labor to make them love progress.....they are going to end up hating the merchant and the king. Why would they ever believe the bile coming from the guy forcing them to work 18 hour days and allows a guy to take all their earnings for basic necessities? He is the source of their suffering.

Water temple continent, we've made a city full of religious nuns into a bunch of teeny boppers who only care about fashion.....okay, I guess that works. Oh and our fashions kill them.....why?

Fire continent seems better so far? Although the pirate seems to have been doing absolutely nothing to anyone, so I'm slightly worried that it is going to get stupid soon.

Code:
I think the Time Mage was just doing his own thing for the most part. He was doing it for Anti-Crystalism but I don't think he was ordered to do anything specific by the actual Eternian forces. Plus he seems kind of gullible and was probably being manipulated by the Merchant for the most part. I am guessing the only reason his plans worked as well as they did was probably because the people saw Agnes as the bad guy rather than him.

I am guessing the plans with the water temple area were done to make sure that the locals did not rise up in rebellion against the hunting of Crystalists. I saw it as Einheria was doing the main task, hunting down crystalists and locating the Water Vestal. DeRosa was a bit of a creep too yet since he was the commanding officer, the three Venus sisters had to follow his orders.

Barbarossa seems to be searching for a way into the fire temple. Guess he could also be taking part in naval warfare but we never really hear about that. The guy also has his own personal quest he was doing on the side too.  
« Last Edit: February 14, 2014, 09:22:13 AM by Darilon » Logged

OrsonFury

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #721 on: February 14, 2014, 12:33:02 PM »

Woo hoo! Wife bought me a 3DS and Bravely Default for Valentines' day.

Playing: FFXIII-2 (PS3) and Fire Emblem: Awakening (3DS).
AuraChannelerChris
The RPG Adventurer

Ultimate RPG Gamer

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #722 on: February 14, 2014, 01:07:25 PM »

That's like the best way to show affection. No, really.

But anyhow, LET'S SHARE FCs.

Something's off with an egg... ~Made by yours truly~
Youtube Channel - Current Walkthrough: The Wonderful 101
Aeolus
I'm not evil!

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #723 on: February 14, 2014, 01:42:09 PM »

Anyone else find that the villain's plans make no sense?

Code:
Okay wind temple continent, the evil plan is to extort people and force them to labor to make them love progress.....they are going to end up hating the merchant and the king. Why would they ever believe the bile coming from the guy forcing them to work 18 hour days and allows a guy to take all their earnings for basic necessities? He is the source of their suffering.

Water temple continent, we've made a city full of religious nuns into a bunch of teeny boppers who only care about fashion.....okay, I guess that works. Oh and our fashions kill them.....why?

Fire continent seems better so far? Although the pirate seems to have been doing absolutely nothing to anyone, so I'm slightly worried that it is going to get stupid soon.

Code:
I think the Time Mage was just doing his own thing for the most part. He was doing it for Anti-Crystalism but I don't think he was ordered to do anything specific by the actual Eternian forces. Plus he seems kind of gullible and was probably being manipulated by the Merchant for the most part. I am guessing the only reason his plans worked as well as they did was probably because the people saw Agnes as the bad guy rather than him.

I am guessing the plans with the water temple area were done to make sure that the locals did not rise up in rebellion against the hunting of Crystalists. I saw it as Einheria was doing the main task, hunting down crystalists and locating the Water Vestal. DeRosa was a bit of a creep too yet since he was the commanding officer, the three Venus sisters had to follow his orders.

Barbarossa seems to be searching for a way into the fire temple. Guess he could also be taking part in naval warfare but we never really hear about that. The guy also has his own personal quest he was doing on the side too.  

You know the further I play into this game, the more I'm convinced that the Eternia forces are run by a Captain Planet villain (that or he's secretly Skeletor; what with the whole Eternia region and all). Looting and Polluting indeed.

Code:
The thing about the Floria region was that they were systematically abolishing their way of life by killing off the wildlife, especially the worshiped kind, destroying the environment, annexing the religion, and performing the odd bit of human harvesting in conjunction with the Time Mage and Merchant's profiteering and the Salve-maker's experimentation and refinement for something yet to be revealed.

Barbarossa's thing is that he's just an awesome pirate dude out on a cool quest for excellent adventure with his best bud and isn't even going to let a little thing like a decrepit ship, a dead pal, or death get in the way.

Also, I may need to actually buy Phoenix Downs given how many I've had to burn through lately. The Fire Temple boss and the Salve-maker both caused me to eat them like candy.

You've misunderstood me. I just seek your death only because you're in the way of my goal of world conquest. I can't help it that I have evil ambitions and am named Dark Lord. Honest.
Klutz64

Meow Meow Choco-Chow!

RebornThief
View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #724 on: February 14, 2014, 08:25:24 PM »

I feel like I'm getting stuck in this game every other day and it's not very encouraging.

This time it's that summoner. Did a bunch of grinding and I'm still dead as soon as she starts summoning her allies. The archer takes way too many hits to go down, even spamming Thundara doesn't take her down fast enough. So the Summoner uses her summon, and then whatever the help uses kills off whoever they hit.

My incredibly adorable avatar was provided by our one and only Dice!
AuraChannelerChris
The RPG Adventurer

Ultimate RPG Gamer

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #725 on: February 14, 2014, 08:27:35 PM »

I feel like I'm getting stuck in this game every other day and it's not very encouraging.

This time it's that summoner. Did a bunch of grinding and I'm still dead as soon as she starts summoning her allies. The archer takes way too many hits to go down, even spamming Thundara doesn't take her down fast enough. So the Summoner uses her summon, and then whatever the help uses kills off whoever they hit.
I can offer two pieces of advice:

1) Level grind with the Chompers in the mountain cave. They give you a lot of EXP and JP at that point in the game.

2) For bosses that summon allies, they won't summon more if there's one left, but I don't know if it applies to the Summoner.

GrimReality
Dark Lord of Nostalgia

OK, options aren't SO bad

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #726 on: February 14, 2014, 09:03:37 PM »

That's a hell of a Valentines gift! I don;t know anyone that spends that kind of money on Heart Day. Wow.

Playing: A Link Between Worlds
Reading: Cosmos by Carl Sagan
Dice
Super Happy Fun Super Girl
AMG A GIRL

Tawdry Hepburn

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #727 on: February 14, 2014, 09:42:35 PM »

Wife her again!!!

http://society6.com/Dice963
Support your local Dice (and pitch her ideas)!
Daggerstrike
Rainbow Club Member

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #728 on: February 14, 2014, 09:43:23 PM »

Just got salve-maker. I found the best strategy was default for 3 rounds with almost everyone, only using dispel from white mage if he uses the refresh ability. By that point he should have used Dark Matter to no effect. You can then whittle him down, raising people as needed and braving if necessary.

All right, we are going to use a fan brush here and uh why don't you take some hunter green and we are going to put a happy little bush right down over here in the corner there and that'll just be our little secret and if you tell anyone that that bush is there I will come to your house and I will cut you.
Aeolus
I'm not evil!

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #729 on: February 14, 2014, 10:21:34 PM »

Just got salve-maker. I found the best strategy was default for 3 rounds with almost everyone, only using dispel from white mage if he uses the refresh ability. By that point he should have used Dark Matter to no effect. You can then whittle him down, raising people as needed and braving if necessary.

Oh and for the love of god, don't put the Black Mage's Damage Dispersion ability on anyone for that battle. He all but one shotted my entire party from full with Default and defense buffs up due to a badly timed/placed Dark Breath.

You've misunderstood me. I just seek your death only because you're in the way of my goal of world conquest. I can't help it that I have evil ambitions and am named Dark Lord. Honest.
AuraChannelerChris
The RPG Adventurer

Ultimate RPG Gamer

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #730 on: February 14, 2014, 10:30:05 PM »

Oh and for the love of god, don't put the Black Mage's Damage Dispersion ability on anyone for that battle. He all but one shotted my entire party from full with Default and defense buffs up due to a badly timed/placed Dark Breath.
I can attest to this, too.

But that job is so excellent. It makes healing magic and any other healing stuff more potent enough, and the Full-Life effects from simple combinations of Phoenix Down and Potion.

Daggerstrike
Rainbow Club Member

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #731 on: February 15, 2014, 12:19:32 AM »

Oh god. This. I did and nearly wiped. Luckily I had a Knight with up up from monk and I had put a dark defense item on him so he nearly died, I managed to survive with 53 hp after everything and braved a Phoenix down for everyone and then healed up. Luckily he died in the next round.

All right, we are going to use a fan brush here and uh why don't you take some hunter green and we are going to put a happy little bush right down over here in the corner there and that'll just be our little secret and if you tell anyone that that bush is there I will come to your house and I will cut you.
OrsonFury

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #732 on: February 15, 2014, 01:17:54 AM »

That's like the best way to show affection. No, really.

Haha, thanks! And I'll PM you my FC to be friends once I get more of a grip on the 3DS.

That's a hell of a Valentines gift! I don;t know anyone that spends that kind of money on Heart Day. Wow.

No joke. I was kinda surprised. She usually doesn't splurge on me like that. Good thing I had my romantic bases/sentimental route covered for v-day, haha.

Wife her again!!!

Thanks Dice. She's a keeper. :)

Playing: FFXIII-2 (PS3) and Fire Emblem: Awakening (3DS).
Raze

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #733 on: February 15, 2014, 03:38:34 AM »

I really like salve maker and how it's competent beyond ffvs 'mix is OP, but I hope you have a spreadsheet handy'(Potion + phoenix down is pretty sweet though). Good passives, manufacturing attack items with experiment is cool(And another of those abilities that works well specifically because of the brave system) and first aid is the kind of heal I'd like to see more of in rpgs, a preemptive one. And if you want to mix stuff with compound some of the tooltips pretty much tell you 'mix this with a elemental item to lower resistance to that element.'

In fact, the tool tips in general in this game are pretty great. Hit x and they give you damage formulas, tells you stat caps for buffs and debuffs, tells you how many turns things last and if there's exceptions to the rule with how something works it tells you. This is information I want games to give me. I want to know how things work and I don't want to have to go to gamefaqs to find out.
Darilon
Level 5 Spoony Bard

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #734 on: February 15, 2014, 05:14:45 AM »

I really like salve maker and how it's competent beyond ffvs 'mix is OP, but I hope you have a spreadsheet handy'(Potion + phoenix down is pretty sweet though). Good passives, manufacturing attack items with experiment is cool(And another of those abilities that works well specifically because of the brave system) and first aid is the kind of heal I'd like to see more of in rpgs, a preemptive one. And if you want to mix stuff with compound some of the tooltips pretty much tell you 'mix this with a elemental item to lower resistance to that element.'

I love Salve Maker. I had Performer/Salve Maker up to the very end of the game. Giant's Draft is awesome if you are finding yourself being one shot by bosses. It doubles your health even going over the 9999 mark. I think it was Beast Liver and Dragon's Fang. Widen Area costs 1 BP but is great in that it can basically turn an Elixir into a Mega Elixir. You mentioned Resurrect which is one of my favourite abilities. Being able to resurrect someone at full HP for little to no cost for a large portion of the game is great.

Pages: 1 ... 47 48 [49] 50 51 ... 70 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: