Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
October 24, 2014, 11:11:02 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
RPGFan Community Quiz!
Persona 3 FES Quiz is now OVER!
Winner was user: Monsoon!
334759 Posts in 13709 Topics by 2200 Members
Latest Member: Rgeneb1
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  RPGFan Message Boards
|-+  Media
| |-+  Single-Player RPGs
| | |-+  Bravely Default: Flying Fairy
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 51 52 [53] 54 55 ... 71 Print
Author Topic: Bravely Default: Flying Fairy  (Read 98324 times)
Dice
Super Happy Fun Super Girl
AMG A GIRL

Tawdry Hepburn

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #780 on: February 18, 2014, 08:13:01 PM »

I definitely like when a game doesn't seem to have a focal character.  They all operate in some was as "main character"

http://society6.com/Dice963
http://www.redbubble.com/people/dice9633

Support your local Dice (and pitch her ideas)!
AuraChannelerChris
The RPG Adventurer

Ultimate RPG Gamer

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #781 on: February 18, 2014, 08:21:36 PM »

I definitely like when a game doesn't seem to have a focal character.  They all operate in some was as "main character"
Like FFVI?

"(Huh. He's been quiet for a while. I wonder what's he thinking?)" ~Made by yours truly~
Youtube Channel - Current Walkthrough: The Wonderful 101
Raze

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #782 on: February 18, 2014, 09:50:31 PM »

When I changed the voices to japanese for a bit and heard Tiz it was like...yep, same character. And in a way that didn't feel like a forced impersonation. Looking at you Agnes. Liked japanese Ringabel more, but english Edea is better.
Dice
AMG A GIRL

Tawdry Hepburn

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #783 on: February 19, 2014, 12:14:44 AM »

When I changed the voices to japanese for a bit and heard Tiz it was like...yep, same character. And in a way that didn't feel like a forced impersonation. Looking at you Agnes. Liked japanese Ringabel more, but english Edea is better.

Japanese Edea ruined my hearing and was enough to keep English on the whole game.  (I'm slightly bias, I think Edea is my fav of the main 4)

Cyril

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #784 on: February 19, 2014, 12:42:08 AM »

Yeah, English Edea is so much better than the Japanese version.

Since we were talking about VAs earlier, her actress did Totori and Sophie from Graces.  I feel like, as an actress, she has really matured  in skill with her Edea performance.
Ashton
Contributing Editor

Lawful Asshole

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #785 on: February 19, 2014, 01:12:29 AM »

Yeah it's all about experience. THe guy who did a horrible job as Reid in Tales of Eternia's localization ended up becoming... Sly Cooper, who was fucking classy as hell.

Taelus
Some music guy
RPGFan Editor

Leaves from the vine.

taelusramza
View Profile Email
« Reply #786 on: February 19, 2014, 01:22:38 AM »

I heard the English voices for about 5 minutes and then immediately switched to Japanese. A) I can understand them and B) I find them so much mismatched. I don't think it's the fault of any one cast member, but I just really don't care for how everyone sounds together.

"IT IS SUBTRACTION.  I WILL COME TO YOUR SCHOOL AND BEAT YOUR STUDENTS." - John
Dice
AMG A GIRL

Tawdry Hepburn

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #787 on: February 19, 2014, 01:40:40 AM »

Yeah it's all about experience. THe guy who did a horrible job as Reid in Tales of Eternia's localization ended up becoming... Sly Cooper, who was fucking classy as hell.

....holy hell.

Ashton
Contributing Editor

Lawful Asshole

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #788 on: February 19, 2014, 02:31:42 AM »

I heard the English voices for about 5 minutes and then immediately switched to Japanese. A) I can understand them and B) I find them so much mismatched. I don't think it's the fault of any one cast member, but I just really don't care for how everyone sounds together.
I can see what you mean about Tiz and Agnes' voices, I honestly like them more in Japanese. I'm torn on Ringabel, because his deep voice in Japanese is sufficiently exotic to them but it's just another 'gruff manly dude' over here, whereas his English voice suits his casanova personality. I really really hate Edea's Japanese voice though, it feels like my ears bleed out every time I listen.

Dice
AMG A GIRL

Tawdry Hepburn

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #789 on: February 19, 2014, 02:36:08 AM »

I can see what you mean about Tiz and Agnes' voices, I honestly like them more in Japanese. I'm torn on Ringabel, because his deep voice in Japanese is sufficiently exotic to them but it's just another 'gruff manly dude' over here, whereas his English voice suits his casanova personality. I really really hate Edea's Japanese voice though, it feels like my ears bleed out every time I listen.

Not to deter the conversation,
But Ringbel's voice sounds like the sort of divided treatment given to Tales of the Abyss' Tear.  Her japanese VA emphasizes her more caring personality while her english one hits more at her serious/militaristic background.

I'd probably dislike Tiz's voice more if his character was meant to have more personality.  He fells like the sort-of "I'm here" kinda character than the standout.

Cyril

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #790 on: February 19, 2014, 02:40:46 AM »

Tiz is more of a  self-insert character, really.  I don't think he's supposed to have a lot of personality.
Dice
AMG A GIRL

Tawdry Hepburn

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #791 on: February 19, 2014, 02:52:49 AM »

Tiz is more of a  self-insert character, really.  I don't think he's supposed to have a lot of personality.

bleh worst type of characters.

Down with silent protagonists for this same reason.

Ashton
Contributing Editor

Lawful Asshole

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #792 on: February 19, 2014, 02:58:52 AM »

Not to deter the conversation,
But Ringbel's voice sounds like the sort of divided treatment given to Tales of the Abyss' Tear.  Her japanese VA emphasizes her more caring personality while her english one hits more at her serious/militaristic background.

I'd probably dislike Tiz's voice more if his character was meant to have more personality.  He fells like the sort-of "I'm here" kinda character than the standout.
It's not the first time even in a Final Fantasy game either. Fran from FFXII had a really deep, husky Jessica Rabbot-esque voice in Japanese while she has a squeaky, otherworldly voice in English. It's one of those things you need to change for localization to get the same effect across.

Aeolus
This is the Monado's Powerbomb!

Little did he know, the fall damage would KO him.

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #793 on: February 19, 2014, 05:51:26 AM »

Compared to the other characters, by the mid point of Chapter 4, Tiz has only 7 pages in the Journal compared to Agnés, Ringabel, and Edea who have 11, 13, and 12 pages respectfully, and most of those are about stuffs that went down in the Caldis region way back in the Prologue.

In other words, yeah, he's pretty much kinda just there.

In my vision, I see that one of us is going to KO the other.
Ranadiel

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #794 on: February 19, 2014, 06:41:39 AM »

Got the normal ending last night. Knew who the villain was, but wasn't expecting.....what the villain became. Probably should have expected it considering the last page of the enigmatic writings (which begs the question of how that is in there). Now on to continue the plot! Side note: Triggering the normal ending is a pain in the rear. I ended up having to just slide my finger over repeatedly just to get my button pressing fast enough to trigger the stupid scenes.

Compared to the other characters, by the mid point of Chapter 4, Tiz has only 7 pages in the Journal compared to Agnés, Ringabel, and Edea who have 11, 13, and 12 pages respectfully, and most of those are about stuffs that went down in the Caldis region way back in the Prologue.

In other words, yeah, he's pretty much kinda just there.
But him and Agnes are deeply and truly in love!.....*gags* (In case you couldn't tell, I hate this romance.)
Pages: 1 ... 51 52 [53] 54 55 ... 71 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: