Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
August 22, 2014, 11:38:14 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
RPGFan Community Quiz
Next Quiz Date: January 11, 2014
Subject: 999 (Nintendo DS)
For more information click HERE!
329458 Posts in 13498 Topics by 2179 Members
Latest Member: Lian_Kazairl
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  RPGFan Message Boards
|-+  Media
| |-+  Single-Player RPGs
| | |-+  Bravely Default: Flying Fairy
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 53 54 [55] 56 57 ... 71 Print
Author Topic: Bravely Default: Flying Fairy  (Read 87703 times)
solidbatman
Zetsubou Sensei

The real me exists on the internet!

View Profile WWW Email

Ignore
« Reply #810 on: February 23, 2014, 02:21:11 PM »

Going to be starting this one tonight now that my 3DS is in (never pay for two day shipping with UPS. Took them 10 days to deliver).

AuraChannelerChris
The RPG Adventurer

Ultimate RPG Gamer

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #811 on: February 23, 2014, 02:41:09 PM »

No, it's not explained. However, I can think a reason why.

Code:
Ringabel's first team most likely found out about her true intentions ahead of time, so she had to try to kill them all. Unfortunately, Ringabel managed to survive at the cost of losing his memory through implied trauma of Edea's death. Because he couldn't remember a thing and Airy had to keep the facade up, she didn't bother with him in the next world.
Code:
I know that sort of "has" to be the answer, but it makes me wonder since my party is flat out told that Airy is the evil at chapter 6 or something and Airy doesn't bother killing us then. So does that mean the party from world 6 was more intelligent than my party and actually realized that that was the truth? I mean my party being stupid is pretty much par for the course considering that they are basically told Airy betrays them in Chapter 4 during the Vampire side quest and they do not even suspect a thing (yes I know side quest, but then why spell it out there?). Actually I'm now remembering some other "issues" with the game.

-I feel like the game implies that there was something unusual about the rise of Crystalism since people used to just leave the crystals alone.....but it never really addresses this. It just hints at it and then drops it.

-The Angel existing in so many worlds. How many times did Airy fubar up by letting Agnes escape to the past of a different world? Better question might actually be how the fudge did past universe Agnes' manage to pull that off in the first place? Did Airy just throw Agnes into the void everytime she killed her a few millennium ago only to realize that she made a boo-boo when she started to encounter worlds where anti-crystallism was a thing resulting in her just killing Agnes from then on? If so why did Agnes manage to end up a few thousand worlds ahead of Airy?
I'll have to break up those assumptions one by one.

Code:
The main story does heavily imply that Airy is the Evil One. However, because Agnes finds the theory unacceptable and that her obligations as a vestal keep clashing, they won't go through it unless you force her to destroy a crystal.

The people simply made a religion of evil out of the crystals and then it got out of hand when they did some questionable moves.

It's really left unclear about the angel Agnes. DeRosso and Yulyana found her in the past a long time ago. It's possible that the angel was the first Agnes to take the blow from the huge line of Agnes that exist in every other world.

"(Huh. He's been quiet for a while. I wonder what's he thinking?)" ~Made by yours truly~
Youtube Channel - Current Walkthrough: The Wonderful 101
Ranadiel

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #812 on: February 23, 2014, 03:23:15 PM »

I'll have to break up those assumptions one by one.

Code:
The main story does heavily imply that Airy is the Evil One. However, because Agnes finds the theory unacceptable and that her obligations as a vestal keep clashing, they won't go through it unless you force her to destroy a crystal.

The people simply made a religion of evil out of the crystals and then it got out of hand when they did some questionable moves.

It's really left unclear about the angel Agnes. DeRosso and Yulyana found her in the past a long time ago. It's possible that the angel was the first Agnes to take the blow from the huge line of Agnes that exist in every other world.

Code:
Yeah the main story heavily implies it.....but about two chapters before it is heavily implied DeRossa states (if you do the vampire side quest) "a bringer of evil who would appear in the guise of one friendly to the vestals and seduce them into unleashing chaos in the name of awakening the crystals." I'm sticking with the party is stupid for not being able to piece that together seeing as how Airy was the one who came up with the idea of unleashing the crystals....once again I know side quest. I don't care if Agnes is conflicted, no one reacts to that statement not even trying to figure out who it is.....honestly I'm not even sure what point I'm trying to make on this point right now. I guess I am just venting over the party.

But there were a couple of lines of dialogue that seemed to imply that there was something off with the founding of the religion and I'm not talking about the transition from one religion to the other, I mean the founding of the Orthodoxy (which I do not believe was ever implied to be evil) not the w/e the current version is. Unfortunately I don't remember where the lines were much less the specific content of them. The implication I recall basically being that at one point there was no religion and then suddenly next day, boom religion!

Except there were five of those Agnes agnels minimum. Probably a lot more than that. I mean if we assume that time passes roughly equivalently in each of the worlds and the journey to awaken the crystals always takes about 9 months (rounding up to a year to make calculations easier), then that would mean that 1800-1805 iterations ago, Airy killed off Agnes 5+ times in such a way that Agnes got thrown 1800 worlds ahead of Airy and was barely alive......and wait how the hell did Agnes even enter the world considering that the barriers surrounding the worlds that she entered had yet to be pierced (as evidenced by the lack of the Norende chasm). Well I guess her injuries might have come not from Airy but instead from entering the worlds while the barriers were still in tact? So Airy just threw Agnes into the divine pillars without a concern, Agnes happened to land a ways ahead of Airy, and then Airy several times before realizing her mistake? Ugh really wish they had explained the whole angel thing more. x_x
Ashton
Contributing Editor

Lawful Asshole

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #813 on: February 23, 2014, 04:05:14 PM »

Code:
Chalk it up to the way the multiverse works, depending on which version you subscribe to. In your version, it works like this

First Agnes appears                                        Events of the game

World 1 --------------------------------|-----------------------------------------------------------|-----------------------------------------
World 2 --------------------------------|-----------------------------------------------------------|-----------------------------------------
World 3 --------------------------------|-----------------------------------------------------------|-----------------------------------------
World 4 --------------------------------|-----------------------------------------------------------|-----------------------------------------

And so on. But what if the worlds weren't totally separate but branched after the first Agnes appeared? The multiverse theory holds that a universe only branches when choices are made differently, so it could have been like this:

__________________________|_______________________ World 2
                                                                        /
World 1 --------------------------------|----------------------------------------------------------|---------------------------------------
                                                                        \__________________________|_______________________World 3
                                                                                        \__________|_______________________World 4

And so on. By this theory the line of events in each world falls perfectly into place. Some may have branched before, and those ended up not being warned by Agnes and so were the first to be destroyed. Airy saved the worlds that WERE warned for last. It just so happens that the party's counterparts in the last few worlds were also dead (Meaning no more vestals to awaken the crystals) so Airy took her chances on Tiz's party despite the fact that they may have figured her out, because the alternative was to kill them and wait another few thousand years for the arising of a new vestal, which she obviously was unwilling to do.

I saw the rise of the crystal orthodoxy as just another political movement by man.

Dice
Super Happy Fun Super Girl
AMG A GIRL

Tawdry Hepburn

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #814 on: February 24, 2014, 12:45:30 AM »

Yeeaah so.  Chapter 4 (or the Fire Crystal area), and I know who "D" is.

Code:
Alternis Dim, the Dark Knight, aka Ringabel.

WAY TO "HIDE" SPOILERS YOU SILLY JRPG.  I don't know if D's journal was a great idea, or one that helps spoil the story....  I still kinda like it (I'm not really paranoid about spoiler reveals -- I just feel like Sherlock a bit right now).

Anyone remember the movie 'Minority Report'?  Remember when Collin Ferrel's character mentioned "an orgy of evidence"?

http://society6.com/Dice963
Support your local Dice (and pitch her ideas)!
Ranadiel

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #815 on: February 24, 2014, 07:19:00 AM »

Code:
Chalk it up to the way the multiverse works, depending on which version you subscribe to. In your version, it works like this

World 1 --------------------------------|-----------------------------------------------------------|-----------------------------------------
World 2 --------------------------------|-----------------------------------------------------------|-----------------------------------------
World 3 --------------------------------|-----------------------------------------------------------|-----------------------------------------
World 4 --------------------------------|-----------------------------------------------------------|-----------------------------------------

And so on. But what if the worlds weren't totally separate but branched after the first Agnes appeared? The multiverse theory holds that a universe only branches when choices are made differently, so it could have been like this:

__________________________|_______________________ World 2
                                                                        /
World 1 --------------------------------|----------------------------------------------------------|---------------------------------------
                                                                        \__________________________|_______________________World 3
                                                                                        \__________|_______________________World 4

And so on. By this theory the line of events in each world falls perfectly into place. Some may have branched before, and those ended up not being warned by Agnes and so were the first to be destroyed. Airy saved the worlds that WERE warned for last. It just so happens that the party's counterparts in the last few worlds were also dead (Meaning no more vestals to awaken the crystals) so Airy took her chances on Tiz's party despite the fact that they may have figured her out, because the alternative was to kill them and wait another few thousand years for the arising of a new vestal, which she obviously was unwilling to do.

I saw the rise of the crystal orthodoxy as just another political movement by man.
Code:
That doesn't make any sense given what we have seen. That would mean it is a splintering timeline and not a multi-world multiverse. If that was the case then there is no point in what Airy is doing because if she just splits the barrier in one world and then waits a few millennium then the natural splintering of the world will multiply her single world into thousands if not millions of worlds. So her work was completely pointless as it would have naturally occurred.
Ranadiel

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #816 on: February 24, 2014, 07:25:04 AM »

Code:

WAY TO "HIDE" SPOILERS YOU SILLY JRPG.  I don't know if D's journal was a great idea, or one that helps spoil the story....  I still kinda like it (I'm not really paranoid about spoiler reveals -- I just feel like Sherlock a bit right now).

Anyone remember the movie 'Minority Report'?  Remember when Collin Ferrel's character mentioned "an orgy of evidence"?
Double posting so that giant spoiler block isn't in any attempts to quote the following.

It took you chapter 4 to figure it out? I know I had figured it out before the end of chapter 1, although I don't recall exactly when I figured it out.

Code:
Because I was laughing about how the game was keeping Artemis and Ringabel separate when your ship's magic crystal was destroyed. I'm not sure if you have figured how D's journal exists yet so I'll keep my mouth shut on that. Actually thinking about it, I might have figured out Ringabel's identity when I read through the journal due to there being multiple pictures of Artemis in it....either that or Artemis being the only enemy with feelings for Edea.
Dice
AMG A GIRL

Tawdry Hepburn

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #817 on: February 24, 2014, 09:41:15 AM »

Code:

Double posting so that giant spoiler block isn't in any attempts to quote the following.

It took you chapter 4 to figure it out? I know I had figured it out before the end of chapter 1, although I don't recall exactly when I figured it out.

Code:
Because I was laughing about how the game was keeping Artemis and Ringabel separate when your ship's magic crystal was destroyed. I'm not sure if you have figured how D's journal exists yet so I'll keep my mouth shut on that. Actually thinking about it, I might have figured out Ringabel's identity when I read through the journal due to there being multiple pictures of Artemis in it....either that or Artemis being the only enemy with feelings for Edea.

Haha I'm usually preeetty good at "clueing out" subtleties so I can just enjoy the ride.  But then the evidence just kept piling up to the point it didn't feel like they were really hiding it.

solidbatman
Zetsubou Sensei

The real me exists on the internet!

View Profile WWW Email

Ignore
« Reply #818 on: February 24, 2014, 11:11:39 AM »

Off to a great start. Early dungeon, just got the White Mage class, bought a bunch of Black Mage skills for it. Herp a derp. Now my party is blind and poisoned with no items or spells to cure them. Oh what I'd give to just think things through when buying stuff in these games.

Klutz64

Meow Meow Choco-Chow!

RebornThief
View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #819 on: February 24, 2014, 01:15:04 PM »

At the start of chapter 3 and trying to get all my new gear and spells. Not cool, BD. Not cool. Went in with 40k, didn't have enough to get everything. I've been grinding with More Money equipped and over 2 levels I've gotten less than 20k and still need to get the upgraded spells and a few Norende accessories.

My incredibly adorable avatar was provided by our one and only Dice!
Dice
AMG A GIRL

Tawdry Hepburn

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #820 on: February 24, 2014, 01:24:24 PM »

At the start of chapter 3 and trying to get all my new gear and spells. Not cool, BD. Not cool. Went in with 40k, didn't have enough to get everything. I've been grinding with More Money equipped and over 2 levels I've gotten less than 20k and still need to get the upgraded spells and a few Norende accessories.

Merchant Class.

Thief Class.

Movie.

Auto battle.

Blace

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #821 on: February 24, 2014, 01:28:17 PM »

Merchant Class.

Thief Class.

Movie.

Auto battle.

LOL I kind of did this last night. Put in season 1 of Modern Family and watched a couple episodes. Before I knew it I had gained about 8 levels and had about 60K. I'm in the middle of chapter 3 for reference.

Aeolus
I'm not evil!

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #822 on: February 24, 2014, 01:32:11 PM »

Don't worry about getting everything on your first visit to the shops. Ideally you'll want to prioritize Spells, then Weapons, then Armor, and pretty much ignore Items and Accessories unless you're really hurting on items.

Another way to cut down on costs is to steal from bosses. They may have some new fangled gear that you wont see for anywhere from an hour to another chapter down the road. Your first encounter with Victor/ia will net you some phat loot that'll quickly become useful and you wont see in store shelves for a long goddamn while.

Plus, you do know that you're going to be hanging around this region for a while, right? You can get by on previous chapter stuffs adequately enough for the first two or three tasks within the new chapter while wading through the more flushed mobs. You shouldn't worry about buying one of everything until near the end of the chapter anyways.

You've misunderstood me. I just seek your death only because you're in the way of my goal of world conquest. I can't help it that I have evil ambitions and am named Dark Lord. Honest.
OrsonFury

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #823 on: February 24, 2014, 01:51:52 PM »

Don't worry about getting everything on your first visit to the shops. Ideally you'll want to prioritize Spells, then Weapons, then Armor, and pretty much ignore Items and Accessories unless you're really hurting on items.

Another way to cut down on costs is to steal from bosses. They may have some new fangled gear that you wont see for anywhere from an hour to another chapter down the road. Your first encounter with Victor/ia will net you some phat loot that'll quickly become useful and you wont see in store shelves for a long goddamn while.

Plus, you do know that you're going to be hanging around this region for a while, right? You can get by on previous chapter stuffs adequately enough for the first two or three tasks within the new chapter while wading through the more flushed mobs. You shouldn't worry about buying one of everything until near the end of the chapter anyways.

Solid advice Aeolus, thanks! Funny thing is I'm still slogging my way through chapter one, but my village is pretty amped up since I can always take 2 secs to assign people to upgrading shops. I may have to turn down the encounter rate to advance the plot a bit. My chars are level 21 and my job classes are lvl.4-7, so ya.. gotta keep pushing along with the plot.

Playing: Mario Kart 8 (Wii U).
Agent D.

"Mage"nt D.

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #824 on: February 24, 2014, 03:03:55 PM »

Unless you use cheapo class set ups, being 99 and everything maxed out doesn't make the game easy mode by any means past chapter 6. Fights are difficult for me still, especially if I accidentally brave too much. My only safety is that my templar has almost 500 defense so it takes like 0 damage from physical hits,but that doesn't save me in magic fights. I think my set up is pretty well spread out, but I still get randomly pwned from 1 poor turn from my whm. I've only wiped a couple times altogether, but I've sweat a few times over some bosses. Don't be afraid to grind a bit, you may be thankful for it later.

TASTY!
Pages: 1 ... 53 54 [55] 56 57 ... 71 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: