Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
November 23, 2014, 11:09:31 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
We have a new board! Pop on over to the Game Journals section and tell us what you've been playing!
338107 Posts in 13842 Topics by 2214 Members
Latest Member: CoreSignal
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  RPGFan Message Boards
|-+  Media
| |-+  Single-Player RPGs
| | |-+  Bravely Default: Flying Fairy
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 54 55 [56] 57 58 ... 71 Print
Author Topic: Bravely Default: Flying Fairy  (Read 103457 times)
Klutz64

Meow Meow Choco-Chow!

RebornThief
View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #825 on: February 25, 2014, 09:51:04 AM »

Beat the Pirate last night, which gave me less problems than the regular monsters in Eisenberg have been giving me. Especially those darn scorpions that summon more scorpions indefinitely unless I just use a ton of MP to wipe them out in one turn.
Blace

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #826 on: February 25, 2014, 12:39:55 PM »

The Pirate is much easier than the next guy you have to beat for the salvo maker job. Once you do damage to him, he has a move that deals as much damage to you that has been dealt to him as a whole, which meant after awhile it was an insta-death 9999 move. He also has a move that does 1000 and poison's every time. By far the hardest battle I have had yet. I was level 49.

Serene Prophet

sereneprophet@yahoo.com sereneprophet
View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #827 on: February 25, 2014, 02:25:08 PM »

Ugh yes, the salve maker was a pain, I was early fourties, had to reclass all my guys into heavy damage so I could just alpha strike the crap out of him before he got to out of control.  Barely managed it on the third attempt.  Strangely I havnt done the pirate yet, must have missed the next part in that ><.  Sad the red mage doesnt have the nifty hat like previous versions.  I realize its not FF, but still!  I want my red mage hat and coat! :(

-Give a man a fire, and hes warm for a day.  Light a man on fire, and hes warm for the rest of his life.-
Agent D.

"Mage"nt D.

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #828 on: February 25, 2014, 02:29:27 PM »

...I keep seeing people complain about Qada. I Brave rushed him my first attempt and beat him without seeing a single attack, heh heh.

TASTY!
Blace

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #829 on: February 25, 2014, 02:49:54 PM »

I beat him on my first try, but just barely. I refuse to use the abilink/summon a friend while I'm playing through the story because I've seen others beat him doing that. I just used dispel on his regen and smashed his face in with my pirate and knight. I had my red mage keep up with healing so when someone got below 1000 they wouldn't die from the poison potion and also had them heal the poison if necessary.

Aeolus
This is the Monado's Powerbomb!

Little did he know, the fall damage would KO him.

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #830 on: February 25, 2014, 03:51:59 PM »

...I keep seeing people complain about Qada. I Brave rushed him my first attempt and beat him without seeing a single attack, heh heh.

Weren't you level 60 when you got to him though?

Meanwhile, I've finished my interview with a vampire. Now to climb a tower.

In my vision, I see that one of us is going to KO the other.
Agent D.

"Mage"nt D.

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #831 on: February 25, 2014, 03:55:19 PM »

Weren't you level 60 when you got to him though?

Meanwhile, I've finished my interview with a vampire. Now to climb a tower.
I MAY have been about level 64...

TASTY!
Darilon
Level 5 Spoony Bard

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #832 on: February 26, 2014, 08:20:08 AM »

I beat him my third try. Didn't realise until I got wiped twice that Qada + having Damage Dispersal on all characters = bad time.

Never used the skill after that.

Dice
Dobbelstenen Muil
AMG A GIRL

Tawdry Hepburn

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #833 on: February 27, 2014, 12:04:05 AM »

Konami Code (Up Up Down Down Left Right Left Right B A) apparently works to see the Brave Second teaser.

View at your own risk (depending on how spoiler-phobic you are..and if you're just THAT curious you can't wait till the end of the game)

http://society6.com/Dice963
http://www.redbubble.com/people/dice9633

Support your local Dice (and pitch her ideas)!
Elegance

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #834 on: February 27, 2014, 12:15:24 AM »

Konami Code (Up Up Down Down Left Right Left Right B A) apparently works to see the Brave Second teaser.

View at your own risk (depending on how spoiler-phobic you are..and if you're just THAT curious you can't wait till the end of the game)
Do you see it automatically at the end of game?
AuraChannelerChris
The RPG Adventurer

Ultimate RPG Gamer

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #835 on: February 27, 2014, 01:01:53 AM »

Where do you even input this?

"(Huh. He's been quiet for a while. I wonder what's he thinking?)" ~Made by yours truly~
Youtube Channel - Current Walkthrough: The Wonderful 101
Ranadiel

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #836 on: February 27, 2014, 06:18:16 AM »

Do you see it automatically at the end of game?
Yes, and the option to see it again appears on the menu for the save file after beating the game also.
Dice
Dobbelstenen Muil
AMG A GIRL

Tawdry Hepburn

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #837 on: February 27, 2014, 08:34:56 AM »

The start of the game just BEFORE you'd OK your file.

It's not *terribly* spoilerish.  But I do like an Easter Egg.

Tiiiizzzz!

Anyways, as Blace said at the Game Journal, the plot is really stale right now.  I feel like chasing crystals and killing bosses is a means to an end for something bigger is really killing my buzz.  I like that, from what I've heard, the plot dismantles nicely in the second leg (but chose an "interesting" way to do so)...  But the more I play the more the "slow start" editorial keeps ringing in my head.

It'd be better if the fact *every* Asterisk boss wasn't doomed to die (making a lot of their character development really short-lived) and that half of the main party is bland as hell (guess which two).

I feel like Bravely Default is the start of an excellent experiment that (at least) got the battle system really spot-on.

http://society6.com/Dice963
http://www.redbubble.com/people/dice9633

Support your local Dice (and pitch her ideas)!
solidbatman
Zetsubou Sensei

The real me exists on the internet!

View Profile WWW Email

Ignore
« Reply #838 on: February 27, 2014, 09:52:15 AM »

The start of the game just BEFORE you'd OK your file.

It's not *terribly* spoilerish.  But I do like an Easter Egg.

Tiiiizzzz!

Anyways, as Blace said at the Game Journal, the plot is really stale right now.  I feel like chasing crystals and killing bosses is a means to an end for something bigger is really killing my buzz.  I like that, from what I've heard, the plot dismantles nicely in the second leg (but chose an "interesting" way to do so)...  But the more I play the more the "slow start" editorial keeps ringing in my head.

It'd be better if the fact *every* Asterisk boss wasn't doomed to die (making a lot of their character development really short-lived) and that half of the main party is bland as hell (guess which two).

I feel like Bravely Default is the start of an excellent experiment that (at least) got the battle system really spot-on.

As long as the battle system is fun, I feel like I'll be able to plow through it. Besides, I already had a feeling the story was meh based on the reviews I read. It is a ton of fun to play an hour or so before I go to bed.

On that note, I'm about 7 hours into it. I really love being able to turn encounters off. It makes level grinding much easier since if a battle eats upp too much hp or mp, I can just cut it off and run to the nearest town to heal back up.

Klutz64

Meow Meow Choco-Chow!

RebornThief
View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #839 on: February 27, 2014, 09:54:41 AM »

Sometimes I'm tempted to turn off encounters at the end of a dungeon, run back to town to heal up, and then run back to the end of the dungeon before the boss encounter. But then I almost feel like that's cheating a bit so I don't.
Pages: 1 ... 54 55 [56] 57 58 ... 71 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: