Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
October 25, 2014, 03:16:07 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
RPGFan Community Quiz!
Persona 3 FES Quiz is now OVER!
Winner was user: Monsoon!
334802 Posts in 13711 Topics by 2200 Members
Latest Member: Rgeneb1
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  RPGFan Message Boards
|-+  Media
| |-+  Single-Player RPGs
| | |-+  Bravely Default: Flying Fairy
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 58 59 [60] 61 62 ... 71 Print
Author Topic: Bravely Default: Flying Fairy  (Read 98581 times)
Darilon
Level 5 Spoony Bard

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #885 on: March 06, 2014, 08:51:05 AM »

Is there a point to continually beating all the side quests and bosses in chapter 5, 6, 7, and 8? I'm in chapter 6 and have no desire to beat these bosses a third time if I'm only getting EXP and JP for it. Grinding is more fun than fighting them. I just want to continue the story that is going in loops now and annoying me to death.

You should also be using the thief skill that lets you steal two of the same item. I really liked the boss fights in chapter 7 and 8.

Reta

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #886 on: March 06, 2014, 09:33:58 AM »

Is there a point to continually beating all the side quests and bosses in chapter 5, 6, 7, and 8? I'm in chapter 6 and have no desire to beat these bosses a third time if I'm only getting EXP and JP for it. Grinding is more fun than fighting them. I just want to continue the story that is going in loops now and annoying me to death.

You should also be using the thief skill that lets you steal two of the same item. I really liked the boss fights in chapter 7 and 8.

And Shake Down, so you can steal from all enemies at once. Most of the fights in chapters 7 and 8 have multiple bosses each.
AuraChannelerChris
The RPG Adventurer

Ultimate RPG Gamer

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #887 on: March 06, 2014, 10:40:43 AM »

You should do all the sidequests to fill out D's Journal's entries.

"(Huh. He's been quiet for a while. I wonder what's he thinking?)" ~Made by yours truly~
Youtube Channel - Current Walkthrough: The Wonderful 101
Blace

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #888 on: March 06, 2014, 12:25:28 PM »

You should do all the sidequests to fill out D's Journal's entries.

I don't even pay attention to his journal entries so that doesn't necessitate me beating them in chapter 6. I really only look at the bestiary and how close I am to having all the equipment. I hate re-reading what I just witnessed in a journal. Seems pointless. I will definitely beat them in 7 & 8 if there are goodies to steal.

Raze

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #889 on: March 06, 2014, 10:19:13 PM »

Chapter six you should do
Code:
white mage and monk
just for the scene at the end of it.
FlamingR1ft
RPGFan Editor

View Profile Email
« Reply #890 on: March 07, 2014, 01:04:08 AM »

Chapter 5 is killing me. Up until it started I was all like: "This is one of the best games I've played in years!" My opinion on it is continually worsening each time I play now. Why does this chapter even exist? Waste of space.

Aeolus
This is the Monado's Powerbomb!

Little did he know, the fall damage would KO him.

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #891 on: March 07, 2014, 02:06:11 AM »

Chapter 5 is killing me. Up until it started I was all like: "This is one of the best games I've played in years!" My opinion on it is continually worsening each time I play now. Why does this chapter even exist? Waste of space.

Kinda feels like I came out ahead when I said, screw it, and busted the Wind Crystal and the final dungeon/boss's collective faces in.

But then again, I still haven't solved the mystery of what's inside those locked chests.

It also doesn't help chapter 5's case in that you're already level 60+ by the time you start it, which is pretty much endgame material for older FFs (FFV in particular could be done around level 40ish).

In my vision, I see that one of us is going to KO the other.
Ranadiel

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #892 on: March 07, 2014, 06:41:05 AM »

Don't worry, everything will get fixed in chapter.....ummm something. If you really aren't enjoying it, just beat up the story bosses and ignore the side quests and you should get through the chapter really fast.
Blace

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #893 on: March 07, 2014, 09:45:07 AM »

I agree with everything you said. My opinion was very high of this game and it is slowly going down each chapter since 5. Like someone else said just beat the story missions and ignore the side missions and you'll beat it much faster.

OrsonFury

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #894 on: March 07, 2014, 11:07:52 AM »

Hello, my brave fellow warriors!

I've been grinding away at my jobs/exp so that the chapter 4 bosses would be easy. Went to beat them last night and got my behind handed to me. Funny thing was, I was on normal difficulty, not even hard, lol... Ah well.

If you guys are saying chapter 5 is long, I'm a bit worried then. Might just power through. I really hate to drop the difficulty to easy or miss any asterisk opportunities since I have almost all of them... I feel like I'm cheating if I drop encounter rate or difficulty rate, but when the bosses spam attacks that drop 2500+ hp to the party w/ailments then not sure what to do.

Are there any "must" abilities/equipment I can adapt to my characters so that bosses don't dropkick my team in one round?

Playing: SMTIV (3DS).
Aeolus

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #895 on: March 07, 2014, 02:10:40 PM »

I've been grinding away at my jobs/exp so that the chapter 4 bosses would be easy. Went to beat them last night and got my behind handed to me. Funny thing was, I was on normal difficulty, not even hard, lol... Ah well.

If you guys are saying chapter 5 is long, I'm a bit worried then. Might just power through. I really hate to drop the difficulty to easy or miss any asterisk opportunities since I have almost all of them... I feel like I'm cheating if I drop encounter rate or difficulty rate, but when the bosses spam attacks that drop 2500+ hp to the party w/ailments then not sure what to do.

Are there any "must" abilities/equipment I can adapt to my characters so that bosses don't dropkick my team in one round?

I wouldn't say its too long as much as I would say, don't expect to cover new ground any time soon.

Blace

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #896 on: March 07, 2014, 02:26:16 PM »

Yeah Chapter 5 could technically be the shortest chapter you have encountered to that point if all you do is the main quests. It still is relatively short if you do all the side quests as long as you don't have trouble with the bosses (which I did not at level 69). You just keep doing the same thing and it gets boring is all. No variety.

Ranadiel

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #897 on: March 08, 2014, 07:59:53 AM »

Yeah....grinding in chapter 4 is kind of pointless (if you can avoid it) as you can get one round random encounters with 500+ JP (999 with growth egg) in chapter 5. We need to get you up to Chapter 5 as soon as possible. So at this point the questions become, what level are you and which boss is giving you trouble? The advice for what to do depends on which boss is giving you trouble (as I recall there are 5 bosses with additionally two optional ones and one sidequest that has 7 bosses).
Dice
Super Happy Fun Super Girl
AMG A GIRL

Tawdry Hepburn

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #898 on: March 08, 2014, 01:44:23 PM »

Yeah....grinding in chapter 4 is kind of pointless (if you can avoid it) as you can get one round random encounters with 500+ JP (999 with growth egg) in chapter 5. We need to get you up to Chapter 5 as soon as possible. So at this point the questions become, what level are you and which boss is giving you trouble? The advice for what to do depends on which boss is giving you trouble (as I recall there are 5 bosses with additionally two optional ones and one sidequest that has 7 bosses).

hold up, what's the trick there.

http://society6.com/Dice963
http://www.redbubble.com/people/dice9633

Support your local Dice (and pitch her ideas)!
Aeolus

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #899 on: March 08, 2014, 06:33:39 PM »

Not to mention the fact that completing sidequests in Chapter 5 and beyond will net you 999 JP guaranteed (and almost all of the sidequests consists of a single battle), and there are a ton of them.

Pages: 1 ... 58 59 [60] 61 62 ... 71 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: