Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
September 19, 2014, 05:57:07 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
RPGFan Community Quiz!
Subject: Persona 3: FES
Prize: $20 eShop, PSN or Steam code
Date: 3rd October 2014 Time: 16:00 EST
331655 Posts in 13579 Topics by 2191 Members
Latest Member: Zaltys
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  RPGFan Message Boards
|-+  Media
| |-+  Single-Player RPGs
| | |-+  Bravely Default: Flying Fairy
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 60 61 [62] 63 64 ... 71 Print
Author Topic: Bravely Default: Flying Fairy  (Read 93159 times)
Aeolus
This is the Monado's Powerbomb!

Little did he know, the fall damage would KO him.

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #915 on: March 10, 2014, 08:57:25 PM »

60 hours in and I'm standing in front of the final boss after doing the same shit FIVE times. FINALLY. I've never been ready to finish a game I had previously loved so much in my life. Oh how things can change. Too bad I had to go to work, so it will have to wait until tonight. Any suggestions on that final boss from my fellow RPGer's?

Something tells me that your final boss will be different from the previous chapters' final boss, so unfortunately, I have nothing useful for you yet (beyond setting up a Dark Knight with the Rage ability, Gloom, a Support set that includes a full heal option, and all the damage increasing abilities you can cram into your ability slots, and either a Spiritmaster or Salve-Maker support by raising your Dark ability and lowering the boss's Dark resistance, and any method of building 150% P.Atk onto your DK while dropping the boss's P.Def to 75%; then you just Bravely Second, drop a maximized Rage onto the boss, full heal, then Rage again, and if he's still standing after that, have your healer full heal your DK and Rage again).

Code:
Something tells me you broke the crystals and Airy was your final boss in Chapter 7 (or was it 8, I forget). I just beat Airy in the final dungeon after she gets completely healed back to full like three times in a row. It was so infuriating. I hate when games do that. Just let them have 500,000 HP instead of hiding it and having 150,000-200,000 three times.

Start of Chapter 5. But yes.

Either way, all I know is that she has three forms and isn't that hard. Her first form is gimmick based and Rampart will likely keep one or two of your guys standing when she throws her super attack at you. The second is magical so either a Spiritmaster and/or a Salve-Maker can pass around anti-elemental effects around while you unload into her. And the third was like status based, a hybrid of physical and magical, or something other thing and is the only mildly threatening form she has.

In my vision, I see that one of us is going to KO the other.
Blace

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #916 on: March 10, 2014, 10:48:26 PM »

Just beat it. That was one cool interactive scene at the end which kind of served as a preview of Bravely Second.

Ranadiel

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #917 on: March 11, 2014, 07:03:30 AM »

60 hours in and I'm standing in front of the final boss after doing the same shit FIVE times. FINALLY. I've never been ready to finish a game I had previously loved so much in my life. Oh how things can change. Too bad I had to go to work, so it will have to wait until tonight. Any suggestions on that final boss from my fellow RPGer's?

I was going to ask about the second half of the game kind of sucking. I keep hearing it wherever I read about it.
The biggest problem is that the second half runs for easily twice as long as it should have. Chapters 5 and 6 should have been combined and then combine chapter 7 and 8. Although that probably still would have been too long for some people considering what is happening during those chapters.
Esura

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #918 on: March 12, 2014, 03:49:32 AM »

Just beat it. That was one cool interactive scene at the end which kind of served as a preview of Bravely Second.

I just finished the true ending of the game and saw that preview and it was pretty freaking awesome! Helped that I was in my office chair so I was just spinning around seeing it at every angle. I love trailers and stuff like that.
King_Tetiro
Grandpa Pixel

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #919 on: March 12, 2014, 05:36:44 AM »

Hey guys I have been contemplating this game and I was wondering if it is worth a buy?
FlamingR1ft
RPGFan Editor

View Profile Email
« Reply #920 on: March 12, 2014, 05:44:31 AM »

For the first half, absolutely - it's brilliant. Then everything goes downhill and you do exactly the same thing over and over and over again for another 20 hours (though I believe there's some sort of "shortcut" that skips most if it, but you won't see the true ending).

Overall, I would say yes. I've enjoyed it enough that I don't regret my purchase. But the difference in quality between the first and second half is like night and day.

Blace

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #921 on: March 12, 2014, 10:33:41 AM »

I just finished the true ending of the game and saw that preview and it was pretty freaking awesome! Helped that I was in my office chair so I was just spinning around seeing it at every angle. I love trailers and stuff like that.

Yeah I literally was walking/spinning in circles at my house during that scene. It was legit.

For the first half, absolutely - it's brilliant. Then everything goes downhill and you do exactly the same thing over and over and over again for another 20 hours (though I believe there's some sort of "shortcut" that skips most if it, but you won't see the true ending).

Overall, I would say yes. I've enjoyed it enough that I don't regret my purchase. But the difference in quality between the first and second half is like night and day.

What they said, but I do think the true ending is worth it if you can stick it out. Or just Youtube it I guess.

Reta

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #922 on: March 12, 2014, 10:35:01 AM »

About that - it's not exactly the same thing, and you only actually have to do a certain small part of it to proceed each time. And to clarify, this only has to do with the pacing - the actual gameplay and story do not drop off as well.

There's also the fact that you have the opportunity to get the false ending way before the true ending.

It's hard to talk about this without spoilers, but hopefully this helped both of you. Really, I didn't think it was nearly as bad as everyone made it out to be.
AuraChannelerChris
The RPG Adventurer

Ultimate RPG Gamer

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #923 on: March 12, 2014, 11:12:06 AM »

Hey guys I have been contemplating this game and I was wondering if it is worth a buy?
Oh yes.

Don't listen too much to what people think about the second half of the game. If you like challenging boss fights and character development, the second half isn't as bad as everyone makes it out to be.

"(Huh. He's been quiet for a while. I wonder what's he thinking?)" ~Made by yours truly~
Youtube Channel - Current Walkthrough: The Wonderful 101
Blace

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #924 on: March 12, 2014, 11:13:35 AM »

Oh yes.

Don't listen too much to what people think about the second half of the game. If you like challenging boss fights and character development, the second half isn't as bad as everyone makes it out to be.

Character development? What game did you play that I didn't? haha Seriously though, I don't remember much character development past chapter 5 except for Ringabel, who is probably the best character once the shallow womanizer thing starts wearing off by the end.

AuraChannelerChris
The RPG Adventurer

Ultimate RPG Gamer

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #925 on: March 12, 2014, 12:54:18 PM »

Oh yes.

Character development? What game did you play that I didn't? haha Seriously though, I don't remember much character development past chapter 5 except for Ringabel, who is probably the best character once the shallow womanizer thing starts wearing off by the end.
Well, let's just say "other" people get character development, if you know what I mean...

"(Huh. He's been quiet for a while. I wonder what's he thinking?)" ~Made by yours truly~
King_Tetiro
Grandpa Pixel

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #926 on: March 12, 2014, 12:58:36 PM »

Oh yes.

Well, let's just say "other" people get character development, if you know what I mean...

You can spoil it a little if it helps to make communication easier. Bear in mind I watched an entire playthrough of the latest South Park game just to see if I'd like it and now I want it even more. I don't mind small spoilers. Just the big gapping twists I'd like to avoid.
Aeolus
This is the Monado's Powerbomb!

Little did he know, the fall damage would KO him.

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #927 on: March 12, 2014, 01:13:16 PM »

Oh yes.

You can spoil it a little if it helps to make communication easier. Bear in mind I watched an entire playthrough of the latest South Park game just to see if I'd like it and now I want it even more. I don't mind small spoilers. Just the big gapping twists I'd like to avoid.

The Tiz x Angés relationship is just as boring as the participants themselves.

In my vision, I see that one of us is going to KO the other.
Dice
Super Happy Fun Super Girl
AMG A GIRL

Tawdry Hepburn

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #928 on: March 12, 2014, 01:24:26 PM »

Oh yes.

The Tiz x Angés relationship is just as boring as the participants themselves.

So far the Ringabel and Edea relationship is better.  And so far (CH4) it's mostly Ringabel swooning and Edea telling him to shut up.  Aww.

I really never understand how boring characters happen.  Especially out of Japan where characters are more often than not steeped in onion-sized layers of tropes, quirks, and problems.

http://society6.com/Dice963
http://www.redbubble.com/people/dice9633

Support your local Dice (and pitch her ideas)!
AuraChannelerChris
The RPG Adventurer

Ultimate RPG Gamer

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #929 on: March 12, 2014, 01:46:24 PM »

Oh yes.

In that case...

The enemies you fight get the character development.
« Last Edit: March 12, 2014, 02:23:38 PM by AuraChannelerChris » Logged

Pages: 1 ... 60 61 [62] 63 64 ... 71 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: