Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
October 21, 2014, 03:30:13 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
RPGFan Community Quiz!
Persona 3 FES Quiz is now OVER!
Winner was user: Monsoon!
334515 Posts in 13704 Topics by 2200 Members
Latest Member: Rgeneb1
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  RPGFan Message Boards
|-+  Media
| |-+  Single-Player RPGs
| | |-+  Bravely Default: Flying Fairy
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 63 64 [65] 66 67 ... 71 Print
Author Topic: Bravely Default: Flying Fairy  (Read 97405 times)
FlamingR1ft
RPGFan Editor

View Profile Email
« Reply #960 on: March 25, 2014, 12:02:39 AM »

Finally beat this today. Did everything except max the levels out for all jobs for every character. Maybe I'll do that one day...

Overall, I liked it a lot. Ch 5+ was overkill, and the game would have been near perfect if 5-8 had been reduced to a single chapter, but I still had plenty of fun with it.

That Bonus Movie at the end is amazing. Fantastic use of technology.

Klutz64

Meow Meow Choco-Chow!

RebornThief
View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #961 on: March 25, 2014, 09:33:33 AM »

Quick question about early chapter 4... does picking one path over another of the 3 available paths change anything, particularly side quests?
Aeolus
This is the Monado's Powerbomb!

Little did he know, the fall damage would KO him.

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #962 on: March 25, 2014, 10:07:32 AM »

Quick question about early chapter 4... does picking one path over another of the 3 available paths change anything, particularly side quests?

No, but there is a dragon that only shows up there for that chapter if you care about 100%ing the Beastiary.

Also, in chapter 8 now and I still like the fact that sidequests continue to be changed up compared to chapters 5-7. No idea where the final weapons are, unless they're hiding the in the true final dungeon or something.

In my vision, I see that one of us is going to KO the other.
AuraChannelerChris
The RPG Adventurer

Ultimate RPG Gamer

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #963 on: March 25, 2014, 11:21:22 AM »

The two bosses from the two paths can be quite hard to beat. But it's okay to skip them over. You can find those two as normal enemies in the Bonus Dungeon.

Also, there are no sidequests, unless you want to see more voiced scenes by going to each dead end location from the left and right path.

"(Huh. He's been quiet for a while. I wonder what's he thinking?)" ~Made by yours truly~
Youtube Channel - Current Walkthrough: The Wonderful 101
AuraChannelerChris
The RPG Adventurer

Ultimate RPG Gamer

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #964 on: March 31, 2014, 11:36:56 AM »

Bravely Default's success in the West is knocking some sense back into Square-Enix.
« Last Edit: March 31, 2014, 01:24:25 PM by AuraChannelerChris » Logged

"(Huh. He's been quiet for a while. I wonder what's he thinking?)" ~Made by yours truly~
Blace

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #965 on: March 31, 2014, 12:58:01 PM »

That link isn't loading :/

AuraChannelerChris
The RPG Adventurer

Ultimate RPG Gamer

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #966 on: March 31, 2014, 01:24:40 PM »

That link isn't loading :/
Fixed.

Blace

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #967 on: March 31, 2014, 01:32:47 PM »

"If you focus too much on the global aspect, you might lose sight of who you’re actually making the game for,” explains Matsuda. “For example, if you look back at 2013, we’ve had some home console games made for a global audience that struggled.”

"For the new games we’ll be developing from this point on, while this may sound a bit extreme, we’ve been talking about making them as heavy JRPGs. I believe that way, we can better focus on our target, which will also bring better results.”

While this doesn't change the games they struggled with that didn't live up to standards, at least they admit it was the wrong idea. Hopefully these next few games redeem them a bit. Bravely Default was a solid start, but it could have been better too.

Elegance

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #968 on: March 31, 2014, 01:37:48 PM »

They could also try releasing games like Type-0 overseas (maybe too late now, but people were clamoring for it at the time).
Dice
Super Happy Fun Super Girl
AMG A GIRL

Tawdry Hepburn

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #969 on: March 31, 2014, 01:51:47 PM »

They could also try releasing games like Type-0 overseas (maybe too late now, but people were clamoring for it at the time).

I almost feel there's a 50/50 chance we'll see some sort of Vita port at this E3 (or a sequel announcement :P ). 

http://society6.com/Dice963
http://www.redbubble.com/people/dice9633

Support your local Dice (and pitch her ideas)!
OrsonFury

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #970 on: March 31, 2014, 03:28:02 PM »

I almost feel there's a 50/50 chance we'll see some sort of Vita port at this E3 (or a sequel announcement :P ). 

Speaking of E3... I wonder if we'll see any coverage of Bravely Second. According to the Bravely Second entry on Wikipedia, 30% of the upcoming sequel is completed. June 10-12 still feels so far away. As for Bravely Default, I'm finally chipping away at the final boss after spending all my time maxing out asterisk abilities.

Playing: SMTIV (3DS).
Blace

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #971 on: March 31, 2014, 03:53:15 PM »

Maybe somebody can answer me this not actually condescending question that is going to sound condescending... why max out every asterisk? You can only have 2 job abilities at once and like 2-4 skills depending on how they cost. I maxed out like 5 useful asterisks and stopped and beat the game.

Elegance

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #972 on: March 31, 2014, 03:59:31 PM »

Maybe somebody can answer me this not actually condescending question that is going to sound condescending... why max out every asterisk? You can only have 2 job abilities at once and like 2-4 skills depending on how they cost. I maxed out like 5 useful asterisks and stopped and beat the game.
I maxed them all to try out different job combos and experiment with unique abilities.  I think that's how I got the most enjoyment out of the job system.  It doesn't take that long if you grind with the arcanist/black mage combo where battles literally last two seconds.
Starmongoose
Contributing Editor

Vicious Feminist

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #973 on: March 31, 2014, 04:34:48 PM »

The Freelancer job gets stronger the more jobs you master, no? I dunno if it's actually noticeable/worth it, but its there.

SAVE THE PENGUIN!

Here to suck the fun out of games.
Elegance

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #974 on: March 31, 2014, 04:36:31 PM »

The Freelancer job gets stronger the more jobs you master, no? I dunno if it's actually noticeable/worth it, but its there.
Yes, each stat goes up 1% for each job mastered.
Pages: 1 ... 63 64 [65] 66 67 ... 71 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: