Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
August 30, 2014, 06:20:12 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
RPGFan Community Quiz
Next Quiz Date: January 11, 2014
Subject: 999 (Nintendo DS)
For more information click HERE!
329967 Posts in 13522 Topics by 2179 Members
Latest Member: Lian_Kazairl
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  RPGFan Message Boards
|-+  Media
| |-+  Single-Player RPGs
| | |-+  Bravely Default: Flying Fairy
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 66 67 [68] 69 70 71 Print
Author Topic: Bravely Default: Flying Fairy  (Read 89094 times)
Aeolus
This is the Monado's Powerbomb!

Little did he know, the fall damage would KO him.

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #1005 on: April 12, 2014, 11:51:51 AM »

I liked the pirate's debuff abilities and I paired it with the no job class for mimic. Amped strike x4 after debuffing an enemy can be brutal.

Try to get the fox tail axes from Norende since they are more accurate.

I later found that dark knight rage + blood sword outclasses pirate later on though although the debuffing were stil useful in a secondary job in a pinch.

I found that Vampire does enough debuffing on its own that you don't really need Pirate for it.

Although Vampire is definitely a good secondary to slap on Pirates since almost its entire moveset is P.Atk based and Pirates have the highest P.Atk (pair with Two-handed Giant's Axe for maximum carnage).

In my vision, I see that one of us is going to KO the other.
Rockko

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #1006 on: April 12, 2014, 09:30:30 PM »

I've gotta get back into this one. I was all in and making great progress, but got sucked into Dark Souls land the last few weeks...
Dice
Super Happy Fun Super Girl
AMG A GIRL

Tawdry Hepburn

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #1007 on: April 12, 2014, 09:44:28 PM »

Thanks so much Aeolus for putting in the time for the reply. :)

Finally getting back to the game after a bit of burn out.  The cutscene in the fire cavern thing was the most riveting thing ever [in this game]! 

http://society6.com/Dice963
Support your local Dice (and pitch her ideas)!
Aurian

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #1008 on: April 12, 2014, 11:40:59 PM »

Agreed, vampire is more versatile than pirate, although the pirate does have insane attack stats. I do like that the pirate's debuff is also an attack though.
ultra7k

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #1009 on: April 14, 2014, 12:38:11 PM »

Do people really hate Ringabel's VA that much?

I find it humorous.
Dice
AMG A GIRL

Tawdry Hepburn

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #1010 on: April 14, 2014, 03:50:47 PM »

Do people really hate Ringabel's VA that much?

I find it humorous.

I dislike Agnes' the most.  She has a great actress behind her, just boring stick-up-the-ass dialogue and muppet voice makes her no fun to listen to.

I think Edea's VA is the most on the ball.  And a lot of people seem to hate Tiz's voice, but I think it suits for the 'guy next door' kind of voice.

Klutz64

Meow Meow Choco-Chow!

RebornThief
View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #1011 on: April 14, 2014, 03:59:13 PM »

I have more of a problem with the characters than the VA's behind them. Tiz's entire story arc ends in the middle of Chapter 3, Agnes only has a mind of her own when she's being incredibly unreasonable, and Ringabel suddenly turns into a caricature of himself towards the end of chapter 2. All of that just helps to highlight what an awesome character Edea is.

My incredibly adorable avatar was provided by our one and only Dice!
Ranadiel

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #1012 on: April 15, 2014, 07:09:29 AM »

I have more of a problem with the characters than the VA's behind them. Tiz's entire story arc ends in the middle of Chapter 3, Agnes only has a mind of her own when she's being incredibly unreasonable, and Ringabel suddenly turns into a caricature of himself towards the end of chapter 2. All of that just helps to highlight what an awesome character Edea is.
You could say she is as a white as....actually wait no her catch phrase is incredibly annoying to me (almost as bad as unacceptable), so no she is not awesome. :p
Dice
AMG A GIRL

Tawdry Hepburn

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #1013 on: April 16, 2014, 12:50:32 PM »

Shit.

I locked myself into the "False Ending".... right off the heels of Chapter 5.  My curiosities got the best of me and I'm waaaaaay underprepared to be taking on anything.

What's the ideal way to take on the True Ending?  I'm not sure I understand given how... I dunno, slotted in and out-of-the-box the requirements are for the False Ending.

Anyways, I loved the twist...
(SPOILER IMAGE) http://static.giantbomb.com/uploads/original/3/33880/2608738-8726097347-8svzp.jpg 
Code:
I got thoroughly amazed and also freaked out by the /less than subtle/ change to the title screen.  I mean, c'mon, RED, it didn't just fade out, it turned Scorsese Red.

I obviously, however, don't like the implications of said twist though.  I think what's most offensive is how 'nonchalant' the characters are about it, as if the player is supposed to be as well.  :(

Still, I'll be all over the Second Game.  I can only imagine what they'd do with it.... I doubt another go around Luxendarc proper is ideal.

Anyways, so I'm unwillingly in the final dungeon:
Code:
I like how Summons and the Dungeon design implies more futuristic architecture and such.  I wonder if the second game will be somewhat contemporary then??  Victorian-esque?  Bah...whatevs.

AuraChannelerChris
The RPG Adventurer

Ultimate RPG Gamer

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #1014 on: April 16, 2014, 01:54:27 PM »

Don't worry. You can level grind a whole lot faster at that chapter over the flower fields at Florem. Hitting level 99 is possible.

And once you finish the False Ending, the game will return you to the point before your curiosity took the best of you.

"(Huh. He's been quiet for a while. I wonder what's he thinking?)" ~Made by yours truly~
Youtube Channel - Current Walkthrough: The Wonderful 101
Aeolus
This is the Monado's Powerbomb!

Little did he know, the fall damage would KO him.

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #1015 on: April 16, 2014, 03:32:06 PM »

Don't worry. You can level grind a whole lot faster at that chapter over the flower fields at Florem. Hitting level 99 is possible.

And once you finish the False Ending, the game will return you to the point before your curiosity took the best of you.

Honestly, the False Ending is best done as soon as you can since neither the enemies nor the final boss are really all that hard by Chapter 5 (especially if you get someone started on Dark Knight asap) and you get to keep whatever loot you found with you for future use.

In my vision, I see that one of us is going to KO the other.
Reta

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #1016 on: April 17, 2014, 03:57:47 AM »

Shit.

I locked myself into the "False Ending".... right off the heels of Chapter 5.  My curiosities got the best of me and I'm waaaaaay underprepared to be taking on anything.

What's the ideal way to take on the True Ending?  I'm not sure I understand given how... I dunno, slotted in and out-of-the-box the requirements are for the False Ending.

Anyways, I loved the twist...
(SPOILER IMAGE) http://static.giantbomb.com/uploads/original/3/33880/2608738-8726097347-8svzp.jpg 
Code:
I got thoroughly amazed and also freaked out by the /less than subtle/ change to the title screen.  I mean, c'mon, RED, it didn't just fade out, it turned Scorsese Red.

I obviously, however, don't like the implications of said twist though.  I think what's most offensive is how 'nonchalant' the characters are about it, as if the player is supposed to be as well.  :(

Still, I'll be all over the Second Game.  I can only imagine what they'd do with it.... I doubt another go around Luxendarc proper is ideal.

Anyways, so I'm unwillingly in the final dungeon:
Code:
I like how Summons and the Dungeon design implies more futuristic architecture and such.  I wonder if the second game will be somewhat contemporary then??  Victorian-esque?  Bah...whatevs.
There's actually a reason for the second thing (sort of, not going to go into detail here, but I like it too.) Also, the True Ending is almost exactly the same difficulty (though obviously the final boss is only fought on that route.) The real problem here is the fact that you missed some semi-important story details. You're not "supposed" to start the false ending until at least the end of chapter 6.
FlamingR1ft
RPGFan Editor

View Profile Email
« Reply #1017 on: April 17, 2014, 04:02:49 AM »

Yeah, a lot of important story stuff comes at 6 (and at that point they explain how you can
Code:
break a crystal
). I don't know why they even let you do it in chapter 5.

Grind it, I guess, Dice. Level up Dark Knight/Spell Fencer (Rage + Drain) and White Mage/Spiritmaster (If necessary, abuse Stillness) you'll be fine. If it's still tough, setup a Performer to use My Hero (+1 BP all characters) and your Spiritmaster will be able to maintain invincibility (Stillness and/or Enigma) pretty much the whole time.

If you have enough money (and have done Norende) buy the Egg items from the Adventurer too; they'll help the grinding for job levels a lot.
« Last Edit: April 17, 2014, 04:04:59 AM by FlamingR1ft » Logged

Farron

View Profile WWW Email

Ignore
« Reply #1018 on: April 19, 2014, 01:04:15 AM »

After a lot of waiting I can't believe I'll get to play the game! I'm getting in as a gift from my girlfriend for easter.
It may sound weird but where I live people trade chocolates but since I'm not eating them much these days she wanted to give me a game!

So, before looking for pages and pages posted here, I'd like to ask a simple question: She I keep changing jobs all the time of stick to some? Like always having a white mage.
Also, are there some preferred abilities people seem to agree are must have?

Dice
AMG A GIRL

Tawdry Hepburn

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #1019 on: April 19, 2014, 01:17:57 AM »

After a lot of waiting I can't believe I'll get to play the game! I'm getting in as a gift from my girlfriend for easter.
It may sound weird but where I live people trade chocolates but since I'm not eating them much these days she wanted to give me a game!

So, before looking for pages and pages posted here, I'd like to ask a simple question: She I keep changing jobs all the time of stick to some? Like always having a white mage.
Also, are there some preferred abilities people seem to agree are must have?

Abilities can vary, IMO, depending on the boss fought.  Some better than others, but it really depends on the situation...  Dual-wield is always fun, and I hate Red Mages but they get good shit too.

This game is a bit of a dick about levelling.  The better your job level, the more proficient/effective that character plays.  It's better to stick with it, but change.  The JP is only so good at the start of the game, then it just starts to throw it at your after Ch 5.  And if you Abi-Link with other players you'll have instant access to a bunch of skills, so that makes "the grind" a bit less tedious.  Play it by ear.
If I had to pick a few for early game:
= Angelic Ward is probably one I can easily recommend.  Works half the time for a cheap cheap price (White Mages have it).
= More Money (Cuz mo money means less problems)
= Auto Aspir Blade (I like it because I don't have to worry about MP)
= Just generally speaking: I think Summoners and their abilities, while cool sounding/looking, suck garbage.
= Salve Masters, on the other hand, are really fucking handy.  Greats skills, great abilities, ok attacker.
= If you've ever played an class-based FF game before, the same general rules apply about how classes do their thing.

(on that note, I find it so strange that Job Lvls 12, 13, 14 all require 7,000 points and all levelling for the last, oh I dunno, TEN levels has required exactly 70,000 exp points... it just kinda stops escalating... I was wondering why I was still consistently getting decent level ups from just grinding against the same batch of enemies ---- yes, the Florem area Rafflesias.  I kind of admire that; again, this title works in a strange way asking you to really milk its combat...cuz things get tricky for there).

Pages: 1 ... 66 67 [68] 69 70 71 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: