Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
September 02, 2014, 12:53:12 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
RPGFan Community Quiz
Next Quiz Date: January 11, 2014
Subject: 999 (Nintendo DS)
For more information click HERE!
330166 Posts in 13528 Topics by 2179 Members
Latest Member: Lian_Kazairl
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  RPGFan Message Boards
|-+  Media
| |-+  Single-Player RPGs
| | |-+  Final Fantasy X HD confirmed for PSVita and PS3
« previous next »
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 Print
Author Topic: Final Fantasy X HD confirmed for PSVita and PS3  (Read 6529 times)
ULTROS!
People seem to like me because I am polite and I am rarely late. I like to eat ice cream and I really enjoy a nice pair of slacks.
Contributing Editor

View Profile

Ignore
« on: September 14, 2011, 01:07:45 AM »

It was on SCEJ's conference. More details to follow.

"I feel ugly, I need a hard drink" - Maribel of Dragon Quest VII

Lard

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: September 14, 2011, 01:12:36 AM »

Says it's a "remake" but we'll see whether they're just glossifying it or not.

I avoid online multiplayer because my brain still works.
ZeronHitaro

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: September 14, 2011, 01:12:52 AM »

Just what we wanted. "Ha ha ha ha ha ha ha!" in High Definition! >.>

Joking aside; why "X" I wonder. Of all the FFs fans have been calling for a graphically updated remake I'd rank probably 7 and 6 at the top of that list with X trailing somewhere down there with 9 (mostly because the cartoony style still holds up pretty well even with PSOne era graphics) and X-2 because...it's X-2.
Lard

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: September 14, 2011, 01:21:38 AM »

It was their biggest FF after 7 and probably easier to turn into HD I would guess.

Siliconera says "remake" so who knows.

http://www.siliconera.com/2011/09/13/final-fantasy-x-is-being-remade-for-playstation-3-and-vita/

I avoid online multiplayer because my brain still works.
Dice
Super Happy Fun Super Girl
AMG A GIRL

Tawdry Hepburn

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: September 14, 2011, 01:48:35 AM »

Sad no FF 5, 6, or 7 is to be remade (after this is just a PS2-leap ago, how improved will improved be I wonder, especially considering the titles that still need a remake.... just wait, FF11 will be remade before 14 gets to par).

But cool nonetheless.  I guess.  I'd buy it since it isn't a shitty game then. 

http://society6.com/Dice963
Support your local Dice (and pitch her ideas)!
Raze

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #5 on: September 14, 2011, 02:17:12 AM »

7 really needs it more. And by that I don't mean 'zomg ff7!', though it is the remake people have been wanting forever.

I mean...look at it. As pretty as it seemed back then it's aged worse than the snes games. Early 3d looks terrible. FFX could look better. But it looks fine.
Eusis
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 14, 2011, 02:32:32 AM »

7 really needs it more. And by that I don't mean 'zomg ff7!', though it is the remake people have been wanting forever.

I mean...look at it. As pretty as it seemed back then it's aged worse than the snes games. Early 3d looks terrible. FFX could look better. But it looks fine.

I think that's part of why they're doing X instead, it just needs the poly count and texture quality upped and they're done. Well, I also think VII's look has plenty of charm and the feel of the game WILL be fundamentally altered if they remake it. Ideally, we'd have gotten something like this on the PSP, maybe spruce the models a little bit and re-render all the backgrounds, and retranslate the damn game. That's all it MUST have actually.
ShadowLaguna

Rattle your goddamn head!

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #7 on: September 14, 2011, 03:36:07 AM »

I don't see why FFX needs a graphical update just yet. It looks brilliant to this day. Plus, even they should know that a remake of FFVII would get them a LOT of cash.

Wii Number - 1981 9892 1002 5530
Yggdrasil

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #8 on: September 14, 2011, 04:02:57 AM »

Seriously, the remake of Ys IV is more exciting news than this. Also FFX has the worst mini-games I've seen in a video game.
CDFN

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #9 on: September 14, 2011, 04:49:15 AM »

Remake lol. Yeah right. Don't expect anything beyond a higher resolution. Not interested either way though.

Currently playing: Uncharted 3, Dark Souls, Team ICO Collection, Atelier Totori, Child of eden.
Adapheon
The original hobo with a shotgun

summersdemise@yahoo.com Kal+Imith
View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #10 on: September 14, 2011, 04:52:34 AM »

Of all the next-gen "remasters" this is the one that will need actual changes in order for me to be even vaguely interested. At the end of the day I enjoyed Final Fantasy X but I beat it, did a lot of the stuff you can possibly do in the game and haven't thought about replaying it once since. Platinum trophy better be to dodge those damn lightning bolts 200 times, that part, no matter how optional it is, was retarded.

Also, it should be obvious why they haven't remade FF7, it's not about how much money it will make, it's about how much money it would cost.

Aeolus
This is the Monado's Powerbomb!

Little did he know, the fall damage would KO him.

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #11 on: September 14, 2011, 05:14:02 AM »

The day that FFVII gets a remake is the day that Squeenix truly dies. To actually remake FFVII would be a monumental task given both how utterly bizarre it was when it first came out (Sector Six being a chief point among them), and how completely dated it now is (remember how the 3DS OoT remake completely replaced the JPEG backgrounds in Hyrule Castle Town with actual 3D rendered models then remember how pretty much everything in FFVII relies on the same trick). Nevermind how much the game, the plot, and the characters have been retconned over the years through the compilations, the KH and Dissida references, and through the complete misinterpretation by the fans. Hell Cloud went from silly exaggeration of the many JRPG protagonist stereotypes to fully embodying them.

Besides, it should be obvious to anyone that Squeenix is sitting on this as a trump card to be played when no other option is left available. Because no matter how badly it is ultimately received, everybody and their brother is going to buy it as soon as it hits shelves.

In my vision, I see that one of us is going to KO the other.
Esper_Crusader

I love you, Dr. Zaius

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #12 on: September 14, 2011, 06:49:36 AM »

I also don't see why an HD update is necessary for X. It looks fine. Weird timing though, as I started a new game last week:P  I guess if it's an "international" edition with some "making of" content and a soundtrack disc, it would be worth a purchase. I'm sure they'll make it worthwhile.

Currently playing: .

-----------------------------------
"If I can't smoke and swear, I'm F**ked." ~ Ricky
ZeronHitaro

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #13 on: September 14, 2011, 06:50:32 AM »

If it's an HD remake and follows the trends of current PS2 HD remakes it'll be DD only; see Resi 4 for the most recent example.
Jonathan Ingram
Banninated

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #14 on: September 14, 2011, 07:33:41 AM »

If it's an HD remake and follows the trends of current PS2 HD remakes it'll be DD only; see Resi 4 for the most recent example.

Pretty much every HD remake out there has been released in retail, fewer are available on PSN/XBL. RE4/RECVX collection is coming out on a Blu-ray disc in Japan. Squenix would be idiots not to release FFX HD on physical media given that it would sell hundreds of thousands of copies in Japan alone.
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: