Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 19, 2014, 07:11:45 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
RPGFan Community Quiz
Next Quiz Date: January 11, 2014
Subject: 999 (Nintendo DS)
For more information click HERE!
319201 Posts in 13033 Topics by 2145 Members
Latest Member: aew0
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  RPGFan Message Boards
|-+  Media
| |-+  Single-Player RPGs
| | |-+  Final Fantasy X HD confirmed for PSVita and PS3
« previous next »
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 Print
Author Topic: Final Fantasy X HD confirmed for PSVita and PS3  (Read 5976 times)
Yoda
Sexton Hardcastle

Darkness is Void; Juffo-Wup is light

a+dark+eclipse
View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #30 on: September 14, 2011, 12:51:25 PM »

The music was pretty good, and you knew you'd be free of fights for a while. Plus you also knew there was some sort of secret item to find

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pRWpGFKyYtY

Jonathan Ingram
Banninated

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #31 on: September 14, 2011, 01:02:21 PM »

I just want to clarify that I mean outside of Japan. Monster Hunter recently proved that the japanese don't mind paying a premium for a single HD port. Not to mention the fact that it's a pathetic rush job.

FFI and FFII Anniversary Editions were released separately even outside of Japan. And FFX has infinitely more sales potential than those two, so I`d expect it to come out unbundled and on physical media even in the West. Besides, given that Vita ports of Disgaea 3, Persona 4 and Ninja Gaiden Sigma are all getting full retail treatment, why would we expect FFX to be any different? It`s not a lesser game than any of those and SE don`t really need to add any new content to it(as long as it`s the International version) - it`s already fine as is.

No F-ing way am I doing those mini-games ever again. I could see myself playing it again, but the terrible memories just make me not want to.

Damn, I almost forgot how awful they were. My eyes almost went dry during that bloody bolt dodging. But I did take revenge of sorts on those shitty mini-games when I was replaying the game on the emulator -  I quick-saved like hell and finished them all in record time without losing a single nerve; it felt so satisfying.
Prime Mover

All's fair in love, war, and the recording studio

Shattre
View Profile WWW Email

Ignore
« Reply #32 on: September 14, 2011, 01:20:19 PM »

the game that marked the beginning of decline...

zzzzzzzzz

eelhouse.net
- order the new album

Currently Playing: Metroid Prime 2, Trails in the Sky, Bioshock: Infinite
Currently Listening to: Devin Townsend, Dream Theater
Watching: Star Trek: TOS, Slayers, Doctor Who (as usual)
Der Jermeister

G'day, sport!

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #33 on: September 14, 2011, 02:18:10 PM »

May death come to all who dare insult FFX and X-2. Fuck the haters.

Yggdrasil

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #34 on: September 14, 2011, 03:02:36 PM »

Outside of the battle system and the soundtracks in both games, everything else is debatable.
Aeolus
I'm not evil!

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #35 on: September 14, 2011, 04:27:40 PM »

Yay, more of the same shit.

Pass.

You've misunderstood me. I just seek your death only because you're in the way of my goal of world conquest. I can't help it that I have evil ambitions and am named Dark Lord. Honest.
Esper_Crusader

I love you, Dr. Zaius

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #36 on: September 14, 2011, 05:34:52 PM »

The ultimate weapon min-game stuff in X was pure torture, I remember that. I got 'em all though except for Wakka's. I was in no mood to play THAT much blitzball....ever!  Still, the game overall was stellar except for Tidus' voice..and that cringe inducing laughing sequence.

Currently playing: .

-----------------------------------
"If I can't smoke and swear, I'm F**ked." ~ Ricky
CDFN

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #37 on: September 14, 2011, 05:44:56 PM »

The game was awesome when it was released, no doubt about it (though the cast was very weak, Tidus in particular) but it's something I really don't feel any desire to play again. As for the minigames, I never even bothered, I'm amazed that some people actually endured the 200 lightning thing and all that blitzball. When I saw the 200 lightning thing in a guide I honestly thought it was a typo. That was unbelievable. Yuna's dance scene is one of the most memorable in videogame history imo, it had some great scenes and I liked Yuna but Tidus really ruined the game for me. I also hated Waka and Kimari was just meh.
I thought the cloisters were a pain in the ass.

I recently played through FFXII again and all things considered I honestly think it's the better game of the 2.

Currently playing: Uncharted 3, Dark Souls, Team ICO Collection, Atelier Totori, Child of eden.
supersonic
Prefers JRPGs

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #38 on: September 14, 2011, 06:03:43 PM »

FFX is my favorite Final Fantasy. Awesome news.
Alisha

Z0eila@hotmail.com Z0eila
View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #39 on: September 14, 2011, 06:28:37 PM »

damn am i the only one that liked the minigames in FFX >_> the only one i truely hated is the lightning bolt dodging.

“Normal is not something to aspire to, it's something to get away from.”
Yggdrasil

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #40 on: September 14, 2011, 06:49:28 PM »

damn am i the only one that liked the minigames in FFX >_> the only one i truely hated is the lightning bolt dodging.

Shit is harder and more frustrating than playing SMT: Nocturne and Demon's Souls with one hand and blinded.
Demon_Princess_Kay
Banninated

AnarchKay
View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #41 on: September 14, 2011, 06:52:14 PM »

I liked the Chocobo Riding a blitzball, but catching those butterflies was a bit of a pain and don't get me started on how much i hate that lightning one. Cause i completed it >_<

Lard

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #42 on: September 14, 2011, 07:17:41 PM »

FFX is my favorite Final Fantasy. Awesome news.

It's one of my favourites too, but I agree with Aeolus.

I avoid online multiplayer because my brain still works.
Ramza
Enjoying Retirement
Editor Emeritus

TSDPatGann
View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #43 on: September 14, 2011, 07:19:21 PM »

Shit is harder and more frustrating than playing SMT: Nocturne and Demon's Souls with one hand and blinded.

I swear to god, I don't understand what's so challenging about the lightning dodge. Turn down the volume, because it's not about the sound. It's the white flash on the screen.

I did the 200+ dodge for my save and my friend's save, zero mistakes, all in the span of like 15 minutes. Shit is a joke.

In contrast, the Tidus chocobo race and Kimari's butterfly catch took me over an hour each. I have much hate for them.

Annubis

Voted most likely to become an evil dictator

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #44 on: September 14, 2011, 07:35:06 PM »

and the big question is, did you have fun in those 15 minutes?
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: