Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
September 02, 2014, 02:54:05 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
RPGFan Community Quiz
Next Quiz Date: January 11, 2014
Subject: 999 (Nintendo DS)
For more information click HERE!
330170 Posts in 13528 Topics by 2179 Members
Latest Member: Lian_Kazairl
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  RPGFan Message Boards
|-+  Media
| |-+  Single-Player RPGs
| | |-+  Final Fantasy X HD confirmed for PSVita and PS3
« previous next »
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] Print
Author Topic: Final Fantasy X HD confirmed for PSVita and PS3  (Read 6530 times)
Yggdrasil

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #45 on: September 14, 2011, 08:57:40 PM »

AH HA HA HA HA HA HA!

Surprisingly, the laugh of Kefka is better with his "Oh hohohohoho~!"
Ramza
Enjoying Retirement
Editor Emeritus

TSDPatGann
View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #46 on: September 14, 2011, 09:12:52 PM »

and the big question is, did you have fun in those 15 minutes?

Meatball sub in one hand (this was pre-vegetarian days), lightning dodge in the other. In a dorm room with my friends who thought it was impossible.

Yeah, I had fun, given those circumstances. Not sure I'd want to do it again. But then, the ultimate weapons aren't really that great anyway.

PotRoast

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #47 on: September 14, 2011, 10:05:15 PM »

I don't know why some of you are getting all bent out of shape over a remake if you've already played and beaten it. I love me these HD remakes of games, but that's because it's often of games I missed out on and playing a prettier one on my PS3 is nicer than taking out my PS2 and trying to find an old copy that isn't super duper expensive (FFX is still cheap for new copies on amazon, but that still doesn't make this point moot). Yeah, I'm a sucker from time to time and buy duplicates of games I already own if I like them a lot, but titles like this it's more like, Good, somebody will buy that and be happy. That's not me this time. I move on with my life.
kyuusei
Mr. Lightning Bolt
Administrator

Blame the dragoon.

View Profile
« Reply #48 on: September 14, 2011, 10:08:54 PM »

I think FFX HDified will be gorgeous.

Some minigames were fun. Some were awful. FFX was such a huge timesink for me, yet so much fun that I don't mind playing a prettier version. The characters are not my favourite, but their awkwardness made them more realistic.

As for everyone who wants a FFVII remake - baby steps. Let Square get a handle on what the Vita can really do.

NANOMACHINES, SON.
Ashton
Contributing Editor

Lawful Asshole

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #49 on: September 14, 2011, 10:59:44 PM »

The game was awesome when it was released, no doubt about it (though the cast was very weak, Tidus in particular) but it's something I really don't feel any desire to play again. As for the minigames, I never even bothered, I'm amazed that some people actually endured the 200 lightning thing and all that blitzball. When I saw the 200 lightning thing in a guide I honestly thought it was a typo. That was unbelievable. Yuna's dance scene is one of the most memorable in videogame history imo, it had some great scenes and I liked Yuna but Tidus really ruined the game for me. I also hated Waka and Kimari was just meh.
I thought the cloisters were a pain in the ass.

I recently played through FFXII again and all things considered I honestly think it's the better game of the 2.
Wait... WHAT? Tidus was probably the best character in the game. He actually gets development.

I also would've preferred XII, but oh well.

Eusis
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #50 on: September 14, 2011, 11:07:32 PM »

May death come to all who dare insult FFX and X-2. Fuck the haters.

I enjoyed FFX a lot and want to give FFX-2 another chance, and I still want you to shut the fuck up.

I wonder if they'll announce it for X-2 and XII as well? I think XII would be a lot of fun to play portable, plus then we'd probably get the Zodiac extras. Hell, they may well have to at least announce X-2 to get it released here, though I wouldn't underestimate the influence SE can have in getting what they want to come out when it's something as big as mainline FF.
ZeronHitaro

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #51 on: September 14, 2011, 11:21:23 PM »

Maybe it's been too long but even though I generally dislike X I remember Blitzball being rather fun. Granted I didn't play it long enough for Wakka's weapon but the team building aspect and manually controlling the players was a nice distraction. About the only major flaw was the Jecht Shots pretty much broke the game balance and it was about the only way to win the story-required game.

Heck my liking for Blitzball is one of the major contributing factors for why I think X-2 is a steaming pile; they turned Blitzball into a "hands-off" affair. ~.~ It's probably the second greatest example of a Japanese company missing the point of what made something fun and playable bested only by Sonic the Hedgehog's entire production history.
Jonathan Ingram
Banninated

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #52 on: September 15, 2011, 08:18:20 AM »

But then, the ultimate weapons aren't really that great anyway.

They are pretty much a requirement for all the power leveling stuff. Speaking of which, FFX wanders practically into Disgaea territory with its numbers game - after you are done with the leveling, you`ll be dishing out damage that`s in the hundreds of thousands range. And if my memory serves me right, it was possible to go way over 1,000,000 HP damage with some of Waka`s and Tidus` overdrives.

Hopefully, this new release will be based on the International version of the game(and I don`t see any reason why it wouldn`t). I didn`t think much of the vanilla version, but FFX International was a 10/10 game in my book. The expanded Sphere Grid and the addition of Dark Aeons and Penance really made the game that much better. FFXII International was a cheap hack job by comparison - it didn`t add any new bosses or areas and the new weapons were invisible because SE couldn`t bother to make proper 3D models for them.
Maxximum
Not quite over gaming

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #53 on: September 17, 2011, 07:07:56 AM »

Yeah, I did the damage break overdrive with Auron on the last boss in X. Went down in one hit. Similar thing to FFVII actually. Those are the two FFs Ive actually beaten, and both times times I pretty much one shot the end boss (Double summon Knights of the round mimicked twice on Sephiroth in VII). There was something about those FF games that turned me into a level grinding nut. Probably wouldn't have the patience for it now, but that's a good thing because it wasn't just a waste of time but also broke the game.

NOW PLAYING:
Hearthstone: I don't like card games, and yet I enjoy this.
Chaos on Deponia: Beat the first one, went straight for the second one, that says a lot.
F.E.A.R. 3 Feels rushed, but it's not bad
Yoda
Son of Dad

Darkness is Void; Juffo-Wup is light

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #54 on: September 17, 2011, 11:03:53 AM »

You better be able to skip cutscenes in this, that would be a saving grace
ShadowLaguna

Rattle your goddamn head!

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #55 on: September 17, 2011, 11:52:51 AM »

You better be able to skip cutscenes in this, that would be a saving grace

Actually, that's probably why they're remastering it.................bloody Seymour Flux!

Wii Number - 1981 9892 1002 5530
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: