Author Topic: Tokyo Xanadu (as well as eX+) Headed West Via Aksys(!?) for PS Vita, PS4 & PC

Mickeymac92

• View Profile
So, a Falcom Action-RPG is apparently headed west, via XSEED Aksys?* Really? Unfortunately, they announced this in the wake of the enhanced PS4 version, which they're currently playing "wait 'n' see" about, but at least there's a physical copy for the PS Vita version.

In January, they announced that the eX+ version for the PS4 & PC will follow in Autumn 2017. The Vita original is on track to release this Summer.

Original Source

*Thank you for the correction, Monsoon.
« Last Edit: January 18, 2017, 12:15:57 AM by Mickeymac92 »

“MY NAME IS POKEY THE PENGUIN I LOVE CHESS!! IT IS LIKE BALLET ONLY WITH MORE EXPLOSIONS!”
I Draw Stuff Sometimes

Monsoon

• Electric Mayhem
  • RPGFan Editor
    • View Profile
    • Can't Stop the Monsoon
Re: Tokyo Xanadu Headed West Via XSEED for PS Vita & PC
« Reply #1 on: July 03, 2016, 07:59:51 PM »
So, another Falcom A-RPG is apparently headed west, via XSEED. Unfortunately, they announced this in the wake of the enhanced PS4 version, which they're currently playing "wait 'n' see" about, but at least there's a physical copy for the PS Vita version.

Source

Aksys, not XSEED, is handling localization for this one. Which is a surprise to me.  I'm definitely glad we're getting it; I really liked everything I saw from trailers, gameplay videos, and music from Tokyo Xanadu. I even imported the soundtrack last year.

Mickeymac92

• View Profile
Re: Tokyo Xanadu Headed West Via XSEED for PS Vita & PC
« Reply #2 on: July 04, 2016, 09:32:56 AM »
So, another Falcom A-RPG is apparently headed west, via XSEED. Unfortunately, they announced this in the wake of the enhanced PS4 version, which they're currently playing "wait 'n' see" about, but at least there's a physical copy for the PS Vita version.

Source

Aksys, not XSEED, is handling localization for this one. Which is a surprise to me.  I'm definitely glad we're getting it; I really liked everything I saw from trailers, gameplay videos, and music from Tokyo Xanadu. I even imported the soundtrack last year.

Thanks for the correction. I don't know if the Gematsu page was wrong, or if I just assumed it was XSEED, since they had an announcement two articles above it (not to mention they supposedly had an agreement with Nihon Falcom). Either way, I'm genuinely surprised about this, but that also explains why we're getting the Vita version + PC port (likely of the Vita version) when a PS4 version is well into development.

Because Aksys is crazy. Crazy-lucky, and we wouldn't have as many weird-but-cool games if they weren't, but they're still freakin' nuts. Expect the unexpected, as they say...
« Last Edit: July 04, 2016, 06:57:58 PM by Mickeymac92 »

“MY NAME IS POKEY THE PENGUIN I LOVE CHESS!! IT IS LIKE BALLET ONLY WITH MORE EXPLOSIONS!”
I Draw Stuff Sometimes

Aeolus

• This is the Monado's Powerbomb!
  • Little did he know, the fall damage would KO him.
    • View Profile
Re: Tokyo Xanadu Headed West Via Aksys(!?) for PS Vita & PC
« Reply #3 on: July 04, 2016, 09:46:55 AM »
On the one hand I'm glad that I'll be able to see this before 2020, but on the other, XSeeD does such a good job with the series and Aksys is a bit more utilitarian (plus I have no idea on their ability to port the game to Steam where Falcom's stuff does the best).

And yeah, totally unfortunate that we're only getting Vanilla over here. But what can you do?
In my vision, I see that one of us is going to KO the other.

Towns Car Marty

• Certified Dirtbag
  • RPGFan Editor
  • the dark souls of dryboys
    • View Profile
    • MisanthroPop
« Reply #4 on: July 04, 2016, 02:28:37 PM »
Since Falcom isn't doing native PC development anymore, this'll be a Western-developed Steam port. I hope it works out!

Isjaki

• Kind of An Alchemist
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 17, 2017, 03:35:36 PM »
GOOD NEWS!

It looks like Aksys is doing Tokyo Xanadu ex+ as well. EXTREMELY HYPED!
« Last Edit: January 17, 2017, 08:16:52 PM by Isjaki »

Mickeymac92

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 17, 2017, 06:55:10 PM »

I Draw Stuff Sometimes

Dice

• I'm fart and I'm smunny
  • AMG A GIRL
  • RPGFan and Dice forever...
    • View Profile
    • My DeviantArt site!  Come, stay, laugh, cry.
One of those cases where I'm sure the PS4 version is the best way to go, but I do like me some handheld RPG-ing. 

Decisions, decisions.

Still, a huge tip of the hat to Aksys for doing both versions... kind of a cool choice to give players.
http://society6.com/Dice963
http://www.redbubble.com/people/dice9633
http://dice963.tumblr.com/

Support your local Dice (and pitch her ideas)!
RAINBOW PIXEL POWER!!!

Isjaki

• Kind of An Alchemist
    • View Profile
Looks like there isn't going to be an English dub. Which I am totally cool with. I just want this game.

Hopefully, I can resist buying the Vita version since it is coming out first. I should have enough to keep me busy until Fall.

Probably going to get the limited edition for the Blade deck.

Arvis

• Prudish Gerontophobe
  • Computer Over. Virus = Very Yes.
    • View Profile
I seem to remember hearing some really impressive music from this game on the last Rhythm Encounter I listened to...
Currently Playing - NieR: Automata, Final Fantasy XIII, Trails in the Sky the 3rd

danholo

• View Profile
I seem to remember hearing some really impressive music from this game on the last Rhythm Encounter I listened to...

That would be the case. Listened to some of the OST yesterday. Falcom doesn't disappoint... Been on a Falcom OST binge for a few days and it's solid throughout their different series.

« Last Edit: January 19, 2017, 04:53:38 AM by danholo »
d.h.