Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
July 30, 2014, 01:16:46 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
RPGFan Community Quiz
Next Quiz Date: January 11, 2014
Subject: 999 (Nintendo DS)
For more information click HERE!
327805 Posts in 13420 Topics by 2169 Members
Latest Member: KopeAcetic
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  RPGFan Message Boards
|-+  Media
| |-+  Single-Player RPGs
| | |-+  Ys (IV) Memories of Celceta
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 8 Print
Author Topic: Ys (IV) Memories of Celceta  (Read 13084 times)
ultra7k

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #60 on: November 07, 2013, 08:53:08 PM »

As much as I want the special edition, I just dont' see myself making use of it.

I'll end up getting the regular edition I guess. Just need to finish up YS Seven now.

Come on, man.  That soundtrack!

As soon as I typed it I knew I was wrong.

Dat soundtrack.
Farron

View Profile WWW Email

Ignore
« Reply #61 on: November 08, 2013, 11:02:32 AM »

I got Ys Origin in a steam promotion but so far I've just watched the opening, loved it, but still haven't played it. I hope I can play it soon to be able to get and play the new game alongside people here. I've been neglecting my Vita for quite a while this year, even though I was dying to play Muramasa I could not find the time 3 big RPGs on the 3DS.

I should take the chance and play both Ys and Muramasa while the 3DS rests until Bravely Default.

kyuusei
Mr. Lightning Bolt
Administrator

Blame the dragoon.

View Profile
« Reply #62 on: November 08, 2013, 12:07:10 PM »

Dragons crown looks fun, but I'd rather play with people and I'm thinking my friends no longer playing. I'd really like Muramasa Rebirth, actually. Ys: Memories was just the biggest thing on my Vita radar.

NANOMACHINES, SON.
neogalahad

View Profile WWW Email

Ignore
« Reply #63 on: November 11, 2013, 01:02:23 PM »

Just finished the Fire Dragon on Ys Seven, how much more content is in the main quest?
Yoda
Sexton Hardcastle

Darkness is Void; Juffo-Wup is light

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #64 on: November 11, 2013, 01:15:13 PM »

Dragons crown looks fun, but I'd rather play with people and I'm thinking my friends no longer playing. I'd really like Muramasa Rebirth, actually. Ys: Memories was just the biggest thing on my Vita radar.

I'm playing Murasama right now. It's a lot of fun, and is incredibly beautiful, has a pretty good story with great dialogue (Japanese speech and English subs), but it seems like some backtracking is part of the thing. The stages are beautiful but you get the Flinstones effect where you feel like you've seen it before.

Fun bosses and great music.
MeshGearFox

HERE ON RUM ISLAND WE DO NOT BELIEVE IN RUM!

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #65 on: November 11, 2013, 02:04:40 PM »

I know we have a remake now but I'd still like to see Dawn of Ys end up on the VC or something, since I think the original is still a very good game and it plays completely differently.

Then again I guess the guy that did some work with the Felghana and Origins fan patches went /completely fucking insane/ (literally. Go look it up, it's kind of terrifying*) so I doubt anyone's gonna be able to buy a fanslation from the Ys community anymore.

* AFAIK he did the hacking work for the fan patches. XSeed only bought the translation, not the hack itself, so the hacker didn't get paid anything. Because nothing he did went into the final product. From what I can tell, if you post any questions on that forum asking about Felghana or Origins, he'll edit your post and put up some bullshit rant instead.

o/` I do not feel joy o/`
o/` I do not dream o/`
o/` I only stare at the door and smoke o/`

kyuusei
Mr. Lightning Bolt
Administrator

Blame the dragoon.

View Profile
« Reply #66 on: November 11, 2013, 02:09:25 PM »

Think I saw his site a little while ago, yeah. Insane sounds about right.

NANOMACHINES, SON.
Aeolus
I'm not evil!

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #67 on: November 11, 2013, 09:20:05 PM »

Just finished the Fire Dragon on Ys Seven, how much more content is in the main quest?

You've got about a quarter of the game left to go, give or take. Maybe a third.

You've misunderstood me. I just seek your death only because you're in the way of my goal of world conquest. I can't help it that I have evil ambitions and am named Dark Lord. Honest.
neogalahad

View Profile WWW Email

Ignore
« Reply #68 on: November 12, 2013, 08:40:33 PM »

You've got about a quarter of the game left to go, give or take. Maybe a third.

Cool, its a great game. Very different from the other titles but in a good way. I think if they made an Oath in Felghana clone I would have been a little disappointed. SO stoked for Memories of Celceta!
Kevadu

Some guy

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #69 on: November 23, 2013, 05:16:21 AM »

Worth noting that this game does not have release-date delivery from Amazon (I'm so used to that now that it surprises me when it's not an option...).  Furthermore it's being released on the week of Thanksgiving, meaning that even if it gets shipped Tuesday it's probably not going to be delivered until the following Monday...

Monsoon
Prinny Instructor

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #70 on: November 24, 2013, 08:28:19 AM »

I reserved the special edition yesterday.  I'm not getting a Vita until next year.  This is an "investment" for a game I'll eventually play.  I have a problem. 

...six months ago, I owned zero Ys games.  In a few days I will buy my eighth.  Yup, new obsession. 

neogalahad

View Profile WWW Email

Ignore
« Reply #71 on: November 24, 2013, 04:15:34 PM »

I reserved the special edition yesterday.  I'm not getting a Vita until next year.  This is an "investment" for a game I'll eventually play.  I have a problem. 

...six months ago, I owned zero Ys games.  In a few days I will buy my eighth.  Yup, new obsession. 

Good obsession to have for a franchise such as Ys. Have you played through any of them yet and which do you prefer? I really like Oath in Felghana as well as its original iterations on Snes/PC-Engine.
Monsoon
Prinny Instructor

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #72 on: November 24, 2013, 07:34:45 PM »

I tried Wanderers from Ys YEARS ago on the SNES and thought it was terrible.  Earlier this year I started Oath in Felghana and really liked it, so much so that I bought Ys Seven and Ys Origin.  I (barely) started those but liked them as well.  I *finally* finished Oath in Felghana this weekend, and I'm around the middle of the Chronicles+ version of Ys I.  I've also put about 12-15 hours into Ys vs. Sora no Kiseki: Alternative Saga. 

Question: does character appearance or displayed weapon change at all in Ys Seven or Memories of Celceta?  I really liked completing item sets in Felghana and getting the new looks for Adol.  Anything like that in the two most recent games? 

neogalahad

View Profile WWW Email

Ignore
« Reply #73 on: November 24, 2013, 09:03:15 PM »

I tried Wanderers from Ys YEARS ago on the SNES and thought it was terrible.  Earlier this year I started Oath in Felghana and really liked it, so much so that I bought Ys Seven and Ys Origin.  I (barely) started those but liked them as well.  I *finally* finished Oath in Felghana this weekend, and I'm around the middle of the Chronicles+ version of Ys I.  I've also put about 12-15 hours into Ys vs. Sora no Kiseki: Alternative Saga. 

Question: does character appearance or displayed weapon change at all in Ys Seven or Memories of Celceta?  I really liked completing item sets in Felghana and getting the new looks for Adol.  Anything like that in the two most recent games? 

In Ys Seven he does not change appearance except for one scene in an arena fight, but other than that he has the same skin the entire game. His shield and sword change but not the armor. Im not too sure about MoC because I try to avoid reading too much into the games I am anticipating.
Monsoon
Prinny Instructor

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #74 on: November 24, 2013, 11:25:10 PM »

In Ys Seven he does not change appearance except for one scene in an arena fight, but other than that he has the same skin the entire game. His shield and sword change but not the armor. Im not too sure about MoC because I try to avoid reading too much into the games I am anticipating.
OK, that's good.  I like seeing weapons change cosmetically.  I think I got used to that somewhere in between Final Fantasy VII and Dragon Quest VIII and now judge when an RPG doesn't do that. 

Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 8 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: