Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
July 31, 2014, 09:40:41 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
RPGFan Community Quiz
Next Quiz Date: January 11, 2014
Subject: 999 (Nintendo DS)
For more information click HERE!
327920 Posts in 13426 Topics by 2169 Members
Latest Member: KopeAcetic
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  RPGFan Message Boards
|-+  The Rest
| |-+  General Discussions
| | |-+  Mandatory PS3 update removes right to join class-action lawsuit
« previous next »
Pages: 1 2 [3] Print
Author Topic: Mandatory PS3 update removes right to join class-action lawsuit  (Read 4941 times)
Vanguard

I am America, and I hate JRPGs

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #30 on: September 23, 2011, 04:40:22 PM »

I think you're missing the point, ZeronHitaro. Consumers should expect a level of protection when they trust a company with sensitive information. While I agree that America is sue-happy, this is not the solution. No company will ever lose a lawsuit against an individual without being afforded an appeal they will eventually win by sheer means of having money to throw around.

Thoren: Astronomers fucking love stars and shit. Whitman was a bitch.
Hidoshi: Walt Whitman could beat you with both dicks tied behind his back.
CDFN

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #31 on: September 23, 2011, 05:22:40 PM »

They will all do it now. If they can, why shouldn't they? It's win-win for them.

Currently playing: Uncharted 3, Dark Souls, Team ICO Collection, Atelier Totori, Child of eden.
Eusis
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #32 on: September 23, 2011, 06:20:39 PM »

They will all do it now. If they can, why shouldn't they? It's win-win for them.

Yeah, this is why statements like Prime Mover's are ignorant. It's an asshole move, but given this is basically free immunity most any company/set of lawyers is going to eagerly leap on this, so you can't really be angry at them (or at least you shouldn't waste your time with a boycott or something) so much as be angry over AT&T and our Supreme Court for enabling this shit.

... Fuck, while I'm not going to hold this against Sony/EA I'm definitely avoiding AT&T as much as I possibly can.
Aeolus
I'm not evil!

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #33 on: December 22, 2011, 02:04:33 AM »

Bamping this for some good olde fashion yuletide hilarity.

Looks like Sony forgot something when they came up with this shenanigan.

You've misunderstood me. I just seek your death only because you're in the way of my goal of world conquest. I can't help it that I have evil ambitions and am named Dark Lord. Honest.
Eusis
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #34 on: December 22, 2011, 02:18:27 AM »

By the way, I was right about Microsoft adopting similar terms. Fuck, they actually outdid Sony.
Pages: 1 2 [3] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: