Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 17, 2014, 08:27:19 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
RPGFan Community Quiz
Next Quiz Date: January 11, 2014
Subject: 999 (Nintendo DS)
For more information click HERE!
319028 Posts in 13030 Topics by 2145 Members
Latest Member: aew0
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  RPGFan Message Boards
|-+  Media
| |-+  Single-Player RPGs
| | |-+  Dragon's Dogma
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 17 Print
Author Topic: Dragon's Dogma  (Read 25441 times)
Agent D.

"Mage"nt D.

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #60 on: April 25, 2012, 06:19:18 PM »

I enjoyed the grabbing aspect for enemies, it was interesting to jump on the chimera and slash his snake ass off. Was also fun hopping on the gryphon, and parn's right, the warrior is somewhat boring, while running around with the dual daggers and bow was alot more fun. I'll try the main game, but idk about a full purchase yet.

TASTY!
Yggdrasil

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #61 on: April 25, 2012, 08:02:25 PM »

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=37287510&postcount=1057

:O
Farron

View Profile WWW Email

Ignore
« Reply #62 on: April 25, 2012, 10:14:38 PM »

Looks amazing!
The sad thing for me (in part) is that there are about two other RPGs coming the same month, Meruru and Diablo III.

I think I'll just buy Dragon's Dogma and keep making nice looking characters until I have the time to actually play it!

Dice
Super Happy Fun Super Girl
AMG A GIRL

Tawdry Hepburn

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #63 on: April 25, 2012, 10:44:30 PM »

Wow, sometimes that whole Japanese thing of making things "pretty" pays off.

Getting demo soon, I'm real curious.

http://society6.com/Dice963
Support your local Dice (and pitch her ideas)!
beLIEve?

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #64 on: April 26, 2012, 11:13:44 AM »

i had a pretty good time with it...it took me a while to whoop the griffons ass. i died so many times trying to get everything set up right. as the strider i hit start or select and the control diagram came up and then i started using the bow to get a feel of that. i'd say mechanically (which was my main concern) it passed. i'll probably mess around with it after work again tonight. i'll probably put a preorder in today.
Agent D.

"Mage"nt D.

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #65 on: April 26, 2012, 02:29:26 PM »

I'm surprised so many people were getting owned so hard, I keep seeing online how people are complaining of the lack of tutorial. I smacked the gryphon around like nobody's buisness, the chimera was much more difficult.

I think you guys are getting soft from all your rpg gaming, your losing feel for them good ole action games.

TASTY!
Eusis
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #66 on: April 26, 2012, 02:33:36 PM »

I've seen the inverse and people bitch about the HUD stuff. Personally if it weren't for that in the demo I'd be even more lost, but I did consult the controls to get a feel on how to DO THINGS.
hell_snake

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #67 on: April 26, 2012, 03:31:40 PM »

I'm surprised so many people were getting owned so hard, I keep seeing online how people are complaining of the lack of tutorial. I smacked the gryphon around like nobody's buisness, the chimera was much more difficult.

I think you guys are getting soft from all your rpg gaming, your losing feel for them good ole action games.
What? I thought it was impossible to die.

I can't pinpoint the reason, but going through the demo I couldn't shake off the feeling that something was missing. Perhaps the gameplay was a bit too chaotic and messy?

I'm still a bit excited for the final game though. I just hope that whatever was bugging me in the demo won't be present in the final game.

"An unanswered question is better than an unquestioned answer"
Agent D.

"Mage"nt D.

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #68 on: April 26, 2012, 06:02:50 PM »

I agree hell snake, the demo did feel as though it was missing something, like I was playing wrong if you will. But hard is not a word I would use to describe it. It was challenging like any action game, figure out the controls and your own pacing and it's cake. The only reason the chimera was more difficult than the gryphon was because one of my guys actually got downed during the chimera fight. Plus, he took a hell of a lot longer. The gryphon was downed in less than 2 minutes.

I'm gonna toss around the idea of a preorder some more, but I doubt it honestly. I'm tired of games that basically have a 2 week shelf life and then go into cold storage or worse, a resell to lamestop. I hate it, but I need some form of multiplayer these days to warrant a purchase, or at least a promise of new content for the game. As much as I hate dlc, some cases are acceptable-ish.

TASTY!
Parn

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #69 on: April 26, 2012, 06:22:32 PM »

The reason something felt missing was because this is supposed to be an open-world RPG in the vein of The Elder Scrolls with world simulation and all, and the only aspect you get to experience is the combat.  They really should have let you at least go through a bit of a town, a village, or whatever and get a feel for some of the RPG elements before thrusting you into combat.
Agent D.

"Mage"nt D.

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #70 on: April 26, 2012, 06:27:32 PM »

Nah, I blame it on the lack of monster hunter-style multiplayer.

TASTY!
beLIEve?

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #71 on: April 26, 2012, 07:34:39 PM »

I agree hell snake, the demo did feel as though it was missing something, like I was playing wrong if you will. But hard is not a word I would use to describe it. It was challenging like any action game, figure out the controls and your own pacing and it's cake. The only reason the chimera was more difficult than the gryphon was because one of my guys actually got downed during the chimera fight. Plus, he took a hell of a lot longer. The gryphon was downed in less than 2 minutes.

I'm gonna toss around the idea of a preorder some more, but I doubt it honestly. I'm tired of games that basically have a 2 week shelf life and then go into cold storage or worse, a resell to lamestop. I hate it, but I need some form of multiplayer these days to warrant a purchase, or at least a promise of new content for the game. As much as I hate dlc, some cases are acceptable-ish.

yeah i was total opposite i schooled the chimera. the griffon was only hard cause i was getting to close when it wasn't on the ground yet so it'd one shot me (or that's how it felt anyhow) i was trying to get my pawn throw me up to the griffon while it was still in flight i only got it to work once and then i abandoned that method and just waited for it to land.

i did sorta feel like something was missing but i attributed it just not knowing all of the commands very well. that and there wasn't much to explore. multiplayer would be rad. 
Parn

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #72 on: April 26, 2012, 09:19:44 PM »

I seriously can't believe they're releasing this game without multiplayer support.
macirex

mac_luzer@hotmail.com
View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #73 on: April 26, 2012, 10:24:45 PM »

I seriously can't believe they're releasing this game without multiplayer support.

Thatīs why Iīm waiting for the Ultimate Super Dragonīs Dogma Golden Edition of the game, which includes: the unlocked Disc Locked Content, extra colors, move support and Multiplayer!

"If it ain't broke, don't fix it."
Yggdrasil

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #74 on: April 26, 2012, 10:29:40 PM »

Me neither. I've already seen a bunch of people interested in the game but when they now about the lack of multiplayer they go "No thanks, bye" and I can't blame them really.

But hey, maybe is DLC. :D for $40.
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 17 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: