Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
October 01, 2014, 02:10:03 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
RPGFan Community Quiz!
Subject: Persona 3: FES
Prize: $20 eShop, PSN or Steam code
Date: 3rd October 2014 Time: 16:00 EST
332816 Posts in 13637 Topics by 2191 Members
Latest Member: Zaltys
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  RPGFan Message Boards
|-+  Media
| |-+  Single-Player RPGs
| | |-+  Dragon's Dogma
« previous next »
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 17 Print
Author Topic: Dragon's Dogma  (Read 31914 times)
CDFN

View Profile

Ignore
« on: September 18, 2011, 04:25:35 PM »

First 16 minutes direct feed footage (shows character creation, first town and combat):

http://gamingeverything.com/?p=9401

Looks promising, they might have something here.

Currently playing: Uncharted 3, Dark Souls, Team ICO Collection, Atelier Totori, Child of eden.
Jonathan Ingram
Banninated

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: September 18, 2011, 05:11:42 PM »

Looking amazing. Like if Monster Hunter and Demon`s Souls married and had a baby. Definitely looking forward to it. No PC version makes me sad though.
Yggdrasil

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: September 18, 2011, 05:15:32 PM »

The character creator looks great! I can see myself loosing a lot of time fooling around there.
Fei

!?

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: September 18, 2011, 06:57:20 PM »

Looking amazing. Like if Monster Hunter and Demon`s Souls married and had a baby. Definitely looking forward to it. No PC version makes me sad though.

Incest....  incest.

You're right though.  It looks like both of those games.

If you re-spec your elduhz and own a Vita - http://twitter.com/BSNursery
CDFN

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: September 18, 2011, 07:37:04 PM »

Yeah, I think that's what they're aiming for. Killer combination if done right.

Currently playing: Uncharted 3, Dark Souls, Team ICO Collection, Atelier Totori, Child of eden.
Kevadu

Some guy

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #5 on: September 19, 2011, 01:33:19 AM »

I played a demo this game at PAX and I have to say I was disappointed.  The game definitely looks nice but it felt quite clunky when playing it.  Though the gameplay borrows from a number of tried and true sources somehow the implementation just didn't work as well as it should have.  Also it seems pretty heavily dependent on your AI-controlled teammates and the AI was pretty bad.  They would occasionally do things that just seemed completely inexplicable to me.

Of course I think the demo I played was the same one they had at E3 so maybe things have improved since then.  But what I played left a sour taste in my mouth.

Aeolus
This is the Monado's Powerbomb!

Little did he know, the fall damage would KO him.

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #6 on: September 19, 2011, 11:09:30 AM »

http://www.siliconera.com/2011/09/18/dragons-dogma-to-feature-weapons-from-upcoming-berserk-movie/

Of course the best thing about this is the news of a new Berserk movie being in the works.

Oh and there's apparently something about a Ma's Dog with Drag On too, but I don't really care about a mother's cross dressing dog.

In my vision, I see that one of us is going to KO the other.
Kevadu

Some guy

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #7 on: September 19, 2011, 12:19:54 PM »

I would say Demon's Souls looks great but feels clunky - but to me the clunky-ness adds to the game.  You really need to plan your attacks and know how to react before engaging in any combat.  Even those zombie dudes in the first area.

I think Dragon's Dogma looks interesting.  I'm keeping my eye on this.

It's nothing like Demon's Souls.  I guess 'clunky' means different things to different people.  Demon's Souls is slow and deliberate.  Dragon's Dogma is more like imprecise and awkward.

CDFN

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #8 on: September 19, 2011, 12:55:25 PM »

Yeah, I was going to ask for a definition of clunky because that's not how I would describe DS.

Yoda
Son of Dad

Darkness is Void; Juffo-Wup is light

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #9 on: September 19, 2011, 02:50:43 PM »

Props must be given for them giving you the ability to make your PC a fatass
Eusis
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: September 19, 2011, 02:54:28 PM »

I would say Demon's Souls looks great but feels clunky - but to me the clunky-ness adds to the game.  You really need to plan your attacks and know how to react before engaging in any combat.  Even those zombie dudes in the first area.

Like others said, that's more a gameplay designed around being slow and methodical than actually clunky. Clunky's like... I dunno, play Fable 3 or something, it's the difference between a powerful tool that requires careful handling for maximum efficiency versus some piece of crap that is imprecise and never feels quite right despite being designed to be easy to use.
« Last Edit: September 19, 2011, 03:12:28 PM by Eusis » Logged
Aeolus
This is the Monado's Powerbomb!

Little did he know, the fall damage would KO him.

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #11 on: September 19, 2011, 03:05:30 PM »

More people need to play The Granstream Saga.

Now THAT'S clunky.

In my vision, I see that one of us is going to KO the other.
Fei

!?

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #12 on: September 19, 2011, 06:29:45 PM »

Now THAT'S clunky.

I really wanted to like Granstream Saga too.  The battle system was probably a good idea on paper.

As for DD, it sounds like Capcom should have just made a Berserk game, haha.

If you re-spec your elduhz and own a Vita - http://twitter.com/BSNursery
Eusis
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: September 19, 2011, 09:12:44 PM »

Now THAT'S clunky.

That probably is the better example, though Fable III does inhabit the opposite end of the action RPG spectrum from Demon's Souls/Dark Souls. Peter Molyneux told the development team he wanted a blind child to be able to beat Fable III with their feet, in contrast I'd think either of the DS games would give a game over for that kid having the audacity to nudge an analog stick. Yet despite this Fable III's controls feel kind of... awkward and stiff, while Demon's Souls feels like it's doing what I want it to do for the most part.
Demon_Princess_Kay
Banninated

AnarchKay
View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #14 on: September 20, 2011, 05:06:29 AM »

I'm making a loli with huge tits and a giant sword. Cause that's the only way to play :D.

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 17 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: