Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
December 20, 2014, 01:39:00 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
Congratulations to Andrew Barker! RPGfan Editor of the Year and now Chief News Editor!
341029 Posts in 13938 Topics by 2222 Members
Latest Member: XanTehMan
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  RPGFan Message Boards
|-+  Media
| |-+  Single-Player RPGs
| | |-+  Dragon's Dogma
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 17 Print
Author Topic: Dragon's Dogma  (Read 34680 times)
Parn

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #75 on: April 26, 2012, 11:30:19 PM »

The funny thing is, with a game like this, I'd be more than willing to pay for it.
Agent D.

"Mage"nt D.

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #76 on: April 26, 2012, 11:41:48 PM »

The funny thing is, with a game like this, I'd be more than willing to pay for it.
If they add it in as a full function like pso or monster hunter, yes. If it's a couple of maps with a created chara ter that won't crossover to normal single player (RE mercenaries mode), then no, fuck that.

TASTY!
Eusis
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #77 on: April 27, 2012, 03:30:49 PM »

Normally I'd be aghast at people crying for multiplayer, but in this case... it does sort of screem for it design-wise, doesn't it? The pawns aren't even premade characters like, say, Mass Effect, they're all created by you in the character generator. Or one of them is anyway, but one's enough.
« Last Edit: April 27, 2012, 03:59:22 PM by Eusis » Logged
Yggdrasil

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #78 on: April 27, 2012, 04:26:32 PM »

I bet that people is going to have more fun creating characters even if the actual game is good.
Dice
Dobbelstenen Muil
AMG A GIRL

Tawdry Hepburn

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #79 on: April 30, 2012, 01:21:01 AM »

I'm impressed to see you can make relatively pretty women, unlike the Fem-Sheps which ranged average to tolerable most of the time....

And yeah, multiplayer.  Capcom puts it in every other game, why wouldn't they in this?????

http://society6.com/Dice963
http://www.redbubble.com/people/dice9633
http://dice963.tumblr.com/

Support your local Dice (and pitch her ideas)!
RAINBOW PIXEL POWER!!!
hell_snake

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #80 on: May 06, 2012, 09:31:12 AM »

After multiple playthroughs, I think I found the problem I had with the demo.

The inability to lock on targets.

More often than not I find myself holding my shield up in random directions, failing to block at times. Same goes for parrying. Also, when your pawn grabs an enemy off screen and you start to swing your sword at nothing before landing a hit on the enemy, killing the smooth pace of battle.

I know that this is a design choice, and that the game focuses on group encounters and fast paced combat in which, at some instances, locking-on might prove disadvantageous. But it also gives the battle system a clumsy, messy feel to it, especially for someone such as myself who prefers to take on enemies one at a time.

I see no harm in adding something optional like a lock-on system. A win-win situation for those who prefer using it and for those who don't.

Regardless, I'm still excited for the retail version.

"An unanswered question is better than an unquestioned answer"
neogalahad

View Profile WWW Email

Ignore
« Reply #81 on: May 06, 2012, 06:30:28 PM »

Played the demo and I have to say it feels like an modern version of King of Dragons! Im really looking forward to this now.
Klyde Chroma
LVL 12. Obsessive Compulsive Fruity Assassin

If Hitler was an introvert, he'd be me.

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #82 on: May 07, 2012, 01:27:55 PM »

I bet that people is going to have more fun creating characters even if the actual game is good.
Normally I'd be aghast at people crying for multiplayer, but in this case... it does sort of screem for it design-wise, doesn't it? The pawns aren't even premade characters like, say, Mass Effect, they're all created by you in the character generator. Or one of them is anyway, but one's enough.

Wait....... I'm not very well read on this title yet as I didn't think it was much to be all that excited over.... do you "create/customize" the appearance of more characters aside from just your MC in this game?

Klyde Chroma / XBox Live Network
Triscal-Goddess / PSN
 Remember, DON'T do drugs... an owl will tear your face off.

Yoda
Son of Dad

Darkness is Void; Juffo-Wup is light

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #83 on: May 07, 2012, 01:41:17 PM »

You make your main character and a sidekick character that's one of your "pawns."

I made lesbo-seductresses
Maxximum
Not quite over gaming

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #84 on: May 07, 2012, 02:38:00 PM »

My Capcom boycott is still in effect so I didn't even try the demo. If the game gets good reviews and Capcom doesn't end up screwing over everyone that buys it, I may give it a chance. Chances of either of those happening are relatively small though.

NOW PLAYING:
Final Fantasy XIII: The time has come...
Edna & Harvey: The Breakout: Its...Odd...
One Finger Death Punch: F*ck Yeah! - The game
Yoda
Son of Dad

Darkness is Void; Juffo-Wup is light

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #85 on: May 07, 2012, 03:16:56 PM »

My Capcom boycott is still in effect so I didn't even try the demo. If the game gets good reviews and Capcom doesn't end up screwing over everyone that buys it, I may give it a chance. Chances of either of those happening are relatively small though.

Yeah we get it, you're boycotting Capcom. Do you really need to announce that more than once in a thread? Good luck on your war on DLC 
Maxximum
Not quite over gaming

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #86 on: May 07, 2012, 03:44:12 PM »

For starters, talking about it in public keeps me from caving in :)
I also forgot I already mentioned it in this thread, but that probably wouldn't have stopped me from making the same statement anyway. Its not a war on DLC though. DLC is fine if done right. Its a war on bad business and treating the paying consumer like a Piñata filled with money. I'm bound to lose, because most people will either buy the games or pirate them, and both of these actions form a vicious circle that keeps making things worse. At least I wont be contributing to the problem for the amount of time I manage to hold out, however long that may be.
« Last Edit: May 07, 2012, 03:46:37 PM by Maxximum » Logged

NOW PLAYING:
Final Fantasy XIII: The time has come...
Edna & Harvey: The Breakout: Its...Odd...
One Finger Death Punch: F*ck Yeah! - The game
Parn

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #87 on: May 07, 2012, 05:42:08 PM »

Its a war on bad business and treating the paying consumer like a Piņata filled with money.

Better quit the console gaming industry as a whole and stick to indie titles on PC.
Ashton
Contributing Editor

Lawful Asshole

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #88 on: May 07, 2012, 05:45:24 PM »

If it makes you feel any better...

Eusis
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #89 on: May 07, 2012, 06:05:25 PM »

The only reason I'm "boycotting" Capcom myself is that they have canned the games I want and haven't released anything I REALLY want, at worst I'll just skip borderline cases (usually fighters) until there's something I actually want enough... like this, though I'm going to wait a bit because I'm NOT that interested to play right away.
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 17 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: