Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
September 15, 2014, 11:10:03 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
RPGFan Community Quiz!
Subject: Persona 3: FES
Prize: $20 eShop, PSN or Steam code
Date: 3rd October 2014 Time: 16:00 EST
331339 Posts in 13569 Topics by 2191 Members
Latest Member: Zaltys
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  RPGFan Message Boards
|-+  Media
| |-+  Single-Player RPGs
| | |-+  Dragon's Dogma
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 ... 17 Print
Author Topic: Dragon's Dogma  (Read 31294 times)
Lard

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #105 on: May 14, 2012, 08:20:52 PM »

http://www.capcom-unity.com/ask_capcom/go/thread/view/7371/29118153/Question_about_on-disc_DLC

So Dragon's Dogma is going to have locked content on the disc.

I avoid online multiplayer because my brain still works.
Agent D.

"Mage"nt D.

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #106 on: May 14, 2012, 08:30:05 PM »

You know, it boggles my mind why capcom has to resort to this. Their games sell fairly well throught the year, and I've read that they pay their staff beans and work them 90 hours a week. Fucking company should be worth major cash.

TASTY!
Eusis
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #107 on: May 14, 2012, 08:57:43 PM »

I'm curious about the nature of the content, it really might be so light that it's not really WORTH trying to keep off the disc.

Of course, part of the problem is that they do this small, minor crap rather than adding new, beefier scenarios like Bethesda did post-Oblivion.
Fyle

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #108 on: May 18, 2012, 12:35:34 AM »

With games like Diablo 3 and a modded up Skyrim, this game is gonna have to REALLY get some big praise for me to even consider it. If I hear a bunch of pros and cons then -

Nah.

That locked content shit sucks, I'll jump on the cramcom ban-wagon.

I was once a pick up artist like you until I took an RPG to the knee.
Tankallex
Warrior

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #109 on: May 21, 2012, 02:38:59 AM »

Locked content on the disc or not, I still really want to get this game.
Hathen

FORUM IDIOT

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #110 on: May 21, 2012, 04:40:34 AM »

With games like Diablo 3 and a modded up Skyrim, this game is gonna have to REALLY get some big praise for me to even consider it. If I hear a bunch of pros and cons then -

Nah.

That locked content shit sucks, I'll jump on the cramcom ban-wagon.

Personally I think Diablo 3 with it's always-online DRM is almost as bad, so that's not really a good comparison. At least they're being transparent about it, I suppose. Mass Effect 3 didn't have that.
Parn

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #111 on: May 21, 2012, 08:54:27 AM »

On-disc DLC or not, I'm all in.  Apparently the game has a shitload of content in it, despite said DLC.  New game plus also supposedly has more stuff for you in the same sense of Lunar 2's epilogue content.  Capcom may be doing some nickel-and-diming, but you're still getting your money's worth here if you dig the gameplay.

I still think it's great that the character you make will have an impact on gameplay.  Make a scrawny lightweight character and you may find yourself struggling to keep your footing during strong gusts of wind.  Make a short character and you may be able to get through passageways otherwise inaccessible.  Make a fat character and you can literally prevent certain enemies from being able to take flight.

I of course, opted to make myself in the game, because I am so cool.  Generic short-haired dude, GO!

Game comes out tomorrow and I am pumped.
Hathen

FORUM IDIOT

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #112 on: May 21, 2012, 09:08:41 AM »

haha you wish you were that ripped
Parn

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #113 on: May 21, 2012, 09:15:57 AM »

Don't make me take my shirt off.
Hathen

FORUM IDIOT

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #114 on: May 21, 2012, 09:46:31 AM »

Agent D.

"Mage"nt D.

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #115 on: May 21, 2012, 10:08:27 AM »

Man, all the money I'm pulling in and I still haven't bought a new game. I think I may havr to cave and pick this up. It looks pretty supercool, even if I can't make Ryu (BoF, not SF) in it.

TASTY!
Parn

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #116 on: May 21, 2012, 11:18:19 AM »

It's a shame there isn't multiplayer.  Then you could have made a fat-fuck character to hold down the griffons from flying and then we could stab them repeatedly in the face and win.  It would have been amazing.
Yoda
Son of Dad

Darkness is Void; Juffo-Wup is light

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #117 on: May 21, 2012, 11:27:26 AM »

On-disc DLC or not, I'm all in.  Apparently the game has a shitload of content in it, despite said DLC.  New game plus also supposedly has more stuff for you in the same sense of Lunar 2's epilogue content.  Capcom may be doing some nickel-and-diming, but you're still getting your money's worth here if you dig the gameplay.

I still think it's great that the character you make will have an impact on gameplay.  Make a scrawny lightweight character and you may find yourself struggling to keep your footing during strong gusts of wind.  Make a short character and you may be able to get through passageways otherwise inaccessible.  Make a fat character and you can literally prevent certain enemies from being able to take flight.

I of course, opted to make myself in the game, because I am so cool.  Generic short-haired dude, GO!

Game comes out tomorrow and I am pumped.

That is really fucking cool
Hathen

FORUM IDIOT

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #118 on: May 21, 2012, 12:05:50 PM »

Yeah, that was the first thing I took notice to when they first announced the game, they even mentioned things like arm length for sword swing range and the like. I can't think of any other RPG off the top of my head that does stuff like that.
daschrier

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #119 on: May 21, 2012, 04:15:03 PM »

This game seemed to have come out of left field, atleast in terms of the RPG stuff. Perhapse they spent too much time advertising the huge boss fights and DMC style fighting system. Based on the reviews, it seems rather difficult and punishing if you don't take time to learn the game, love it or hate it like DS.
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 ... 17 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: