Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
September 15, 2014, 10:53:34 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
RPGFan Community Quiz!
Subject: Persona 3: FES
Prize: $20 eShop, PSN or Steam code
Date: 3rd October 2014 Time: 16:00 EST
331339 Posts in 13569 Topics by 2191 Members
Latest Member: Zaltys
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  RPGFan Message Boards
|-+  Media
| |-+  Single-Player RPGs
| | |-+  Dragon's Dogma
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 12 13 [14] 15 16 17 Print
Author Topic: Dragon's Dogma  (Read 31290 times)
Dice
Super Happy Fun Super Girl
AMG A GIRL

Tawdry Hepburn

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #195 on: April 25, 2013, 11:49:20 PM »

Is this a retail release or digital?

These days probably both, but it is retail if you wanted.

http://society6.com/Dice963
Support your local Dice (and pitch her ideas)!
Eusis
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #196 on: April 26, 2013, 12:01:26 AM »

Is this a retail release or digital?
Both.
Yoda
Son of Dad

Darkness is Void; Juffo-Wup is light

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #197 on: April 26, 2013, 01:54:38 AM »

Bumping because the Dark Arisen expansion is out.  I've purchased the expansion on PS3 for the sole purpose of not only replaying the entirety of the game for a third time, but to have 100% completion on both Xbox 360 and PS3.  If you want to rent my pawn, add Meicyn on PSN, or if you don't like me but want to use my pawn, search for my pawn also named Meicyn.  He wrecks shit pretty effectively.

For those that are not aware, Dark Arisen is basically Dragon's Dogma - Game of the Year Edition, featuring the original game, all the DLC that was released for the core game, plus a brand new dungeon that adds about 20 hours of gameplay to an already large game.

Action-RPG combat system of the generation, easily.  Nothing is more satisfying than successfully landing Mighty Bend into a cyclops' eye - that's when you know you're a pro.

Is it true this adds some semblance of a fast travel?
Eusis
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #198 on: April 26, 2013, 03:24:04 AM »

Bumping because the Dark Arisen expansion is out.  I've purchased the expansion on PS3 for the sole purpose of not only replaying the entirety of the game for a third time, but to have 100% completion on both Xbox 360 and PS3.  If you want to rent my pawn, add Meicyn on PSN, or if you don't like me but want to use my pawn, search for my pawn also named Meicyn.  He wrecks shit pretty effectively.

For those that are not aware, Dark Arisen is basically Dragon's Dogma - Game of the Year Edition, featuring the original game, all the DLC that was released for the core game, plus a brand new dungeon that adds about 20 hours of gameplay to an already large game.

Action-RPG combat system of the generation, easily.  Nothing is more satisfying than successfully landing Mighty Bend into a cyclops' eye - that's when you know you're a pro.

Is it true this adds some semblance of a fast travel?

Here's how it worked originally:

- You had Ferrystones, which would transport you to port crystals but costed a lot (base price of 10,000 or 20,000 as I recall, though items and favor can lower prices with those that sell them.)

- You had port crystals which you could place somewhere, warp to, then pick up and put elsewhere, but there's only 1 until you beat the game, then NG+ (I think) gets 10 more.

Now, here's how it is:

- If you're carrying a DD save you'll get the Eternal Ferrystone. If you don't have a save, you can at least buy the Ferrystones at a greatly reduced price, 5,000 as the base price I believe, but I have it so I can buy them for 1,000. IMO this is very acceptable as it gives some weight to them so you don't use them casually, but they're not so expensive you're choosing between a one time warp or upgrading a good chunk of your gear. If you really want the Eternal Ferrystone just borrow a copy or whatever.

- There's now another permanent port crystal at the village you start the game at, and there's far more port crystals scattered throughout the world before NG+, something like 6 now I think.

If you're hoping for Skyrim fast travel you're not going to get it, but I think what's offered now should be more than enough if you're willing to travel at least a little.
PaleRobbie
Podcast Host
RPGFan Editor

View Profile
« Reply #199 on: April 27, 2013, 07:27:29 PM »

Just started playing and I really don't like the combat right now.  I'm playing as a strider (maybe that was my first mistake) and everything feels slow and unresponsive.  The lack of any kind of lock-on or dodge mechanic at the start of the game is just bizarre.  I'm constantly missing enemies and getting pasted when I can't see them or get caught in a group.  Y'all think I'd have better luck with a straight up fighter? 
Eusis
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #200 on: April 27, 2013, 08:33:22 PM »

Huh, I actually enjoyed Strider a lot when I switched to that, so I'm not sure how much good a fighter would do. The game does seem to have something of a soft lock on by the way.

And you can freely change vocations at Gran Soren, so once you get over there you can go experiment with the other vocations.
Yggdrasil

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #201 on: May 01, 2013, 04:55:05 AM »

"A quick public service announcement for you Dragon's Dogma and Dragon's Dogma: Dark Arisen players. A number of users have encountered an unforeseen issue with a recent downloadable Title Update (patch). The TU, in some cases, has caused players' DD save data to become corrupted (cue Olra purification jokes), meaning the game will no longer save or load their game progress.

To prevent the possibility of permanent loss of your data, please copy your existing save data (whether it be DD or DDDA) to an external storage device or cloud whenever possible--especially if you are picking up the game for the first time in awhile or switching over to Dark Arisen for the first time.

If you experience repeated issues with your save data becoming corrupt, please try playing the game offline while we investigate the issue. We're exploring the issue currently and hope to have a solution as quickly as possible. Many apologies for the inconvenience."

Source: Capcom Unity
Klyde Chroma
Pool of Thorns Groupie

If Hitler was an introvert, he'd be me.

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #202 on: May 01, 2013, 02:57:32 PM »

wow! that is surely a "kick in the nuts" scenario for some poor gamers out there...

Imagine, re-buying a game you already trumped to get an expansion you thought would be a much cheaper download... coming to terms with that, maybe even mustering the courage for another run-through of the main game... only to have your motivation rewarded with a corruption of your saved data!

Maybe this is capcoms next strategy for DLC. Next week for 4.99 you can have your saved data back and a new sword :/

Klyde Chroma / XBox Live Network
Triscal-Goddess / PSN
 Remember, DON'T do drugs... an owl will tear your face off.
PaleRobbie
Podcast Host
RPGFan Editor

View Profile
« Reply #203 on: May 01, 2013, 05:25:39 PM »

I started to have the first inklings of fun with this game, and then a monster glitched through my mage and they both plummeted to their death.  Got a great amount of xp, but ended up losing all of the equipment I had just bought and put on that pawn.

Yeah...
beLIEve?

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #204 on: May 11, 2013, 03:58:18 PM »

None of it will make sense until you've completed the game.  And when I say completed the game, I mean actually completed it.  There are a large number of people who see the credits and think the game is finished when there is a LOT more to do.  It is akin to the epilogue of Lunar 2: Eternal Blue - you are missing out on important content by not playing through it.

when i finished it i was confused,
Code:
i killed the boss and was like okay the throne lets me run around and look at shit but not really interact with anything. i was pissed that there didn't seem to be a new game+ then i watched a youtube video and found i got the best ending i just didn't realize i needed to kill myself with the sword just waiting for them to patch it now so i don't lose my save
Parn

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #205 on: May 11, 2013, 09:01:06 PM »

If you're worried about losing your save, for whatever it's worth, I haven't heard of a single person who has experienced a corrupted save file.

Anyways, I am two trophies shy of a platinum.  I'll get it eventually, but work and schoolwork like to get in the way.
Agent D.

"Mage"nt D.

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #206 on: May 11, 2013, 11:12:08 PM »

You have it on ps3, right parn? Better be using my pawn you dirty sonuvabitch!

I should update it, I'm not THAT fat anymore.

TASTY!
Eusis
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #207 on: May 11, 2013, 11:23:07 PM »

If you're worried about losing your save, for whatever it's worth, I haven't heard of a single person who has experienced a corrupted save file.

Anyways, I am two trophies shy of a platinum.  I'll get it eventually, but work and schoolwork like to get in the way.

It's going to be the first platinum I get pending complete interest failure. Though it helps that only two things are out of the way of a "see everything!" mindset: gifting 50 gifts, and beating the game a second time, and the first one just requires some tedium and has been dealt with already, and the latter's not hard to do after beating once though redoing some stuff could be annoying if I felt like continuing to bother.
Parn

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #208 on: May 12, 2013, 01:20:08 AM »

I'm level 106, why on earth would I use your pawn.

(I think I used him when I was in my 70s)
« Last Edit: May 12, 2013, 01:21:54 AM by Parn » Logged
Agent D.

"Mage"nt D.

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #209 on: May 12, 2013, 01:34:02 AM »

I'm level 106, why on earth would I use your pawn.

(I think I used him when I was in my 70s)
...because I totally forgot I stopped leveling after 80ish... heh heh.

TASTY!
Pages: 1 ... 12 13 [14] 15 16 17 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: