Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
October 24, 2014, 09:06:02 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
RPGFan Community Quiz!
Persona 3 FES Quiz is now OVER!
Winner was user: Monsoon!
334757 Posts in 13709 Topics by 2200 Members
Latest Member: Rgeneb1
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  RPGFan Message Boards
|-+  Media
| |-+  Single-Player RPGs
| | |-+  Dragon's Dogma
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 13 14 [15] 16 17 Print
Author Topic: Dragon's Dogma  (Read 32606 times)
Parn

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #210 on: May 12, 2013, 11:09:07 AM »

You should get Dark Arisen.  The new dungeon is fantastic.
Agent D.

"Mage"nt D.

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #211 on: May 12, 2013, 12:46:58 PM »

I'm debating on it. Need a few bucks first, but I'd love to play it. Shame gamefly doesn't have it.

How come your pawn is only level 38? Also, why can't I take him with me?

TASTY!
Eusis
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #212 on: May 12, 2013, 03:27:17 PM »

I'm debating on it. Need a few bucks first, but I'd love to play it. Shame gamefly doesn't have it.

How come your pawn is only level 38? Also, why can't I take him with me?

Maybe it's because you're on the original game still? When jumping to DA if you had anyone borrow your pawn and send them back you'll get no RC, and when you do borrow any of theirs you can't send gifts back with them.
Agent D.

"Mage"nt D.

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #213 on: May 12, 2013, 03:36:58 PM »

Ohhh, so since Parn's playing the expansion, I can't use his pawn anymore? That sucks.

TASTY!
Parn

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #214 on: May 12, 2013, 06:17:00 PM »

Yep, I cleared the Everfall at level 38 on PS3 so I'd be on new game plus for the expansion, haha.

I platinumed the game, so it's either Shadow of the Colossus or Sleeping Dogs time.
Agent D.

"Mage"nt D.

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #215 on: May 12, 2013, 08:40:58 PM »

I hate being a mage in this game so bad.

TASTY!
Eusis
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #216 on: May 12, 2013, 11:10:14 PM »

Switch to Mystic Knight or Archer and call it a day, I hated my time with Sorcerer and blew past Mage via a DP exploit. Mystic Archer has those magic bows too that works differently from regular bows and you get knives for if something got close to you (or I guess you keep a staff in hand instead, whichever.)
Parn

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #217 on: May 12, 2013, 11:58:26 PM »

Strider is the best class.  The versatility is ridiculous, and the damage is near top tier.  Most people gear their characters for stats... I mostly focused on looks.  Who needs ugly armor with high defense if you're rarely hit?

Eusis
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #218 on: May 13, 2013, 12:12:26 AM »

It's also worth pointing out that you can't underestimate the value of weight for how you want to build your characters, I swapped my Arisen and Pawn, the former being an L on that chart (from SS, S, M, L, and LL/XL), and the latter being SS bumped to S just from a single notch moved up on musculature, and she can run practically for forever compared to my male character that ran out of breath way too fast. Even if I went back to a male Arisen I'd have to go with a small light build just for that speed and force the pawns to be mules.
Agent D.

"Mage"nt D.

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #219 on: May 13, 2013, 02:59:52 AM »

I jump between assasin, strider, and ranger when I feel lazy. I maxed out fighter and warrior for their augment skills, and mostly just run around on assasin since they have the movement of strider and the melee of fighter.

I fought an Ur Dragon earlier, online version. A lot easier than I remember.

TASTY!
Hathen

FORUM IDIOT

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #220 on: May 13, 2013, 06:41:02 AM »

I mostly focused on looks.

nothing looks good with that hideous haircut
Parn

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #221 on: May 13, 2013, 07:29:43 AM »

I mostly focused on looks.

nothing looks good with that hideous haircut

Agent D.

"Mage"nt D.

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #222 on: May 13, 2013, 11:08:16 AM »

Best picture I ever saw.

I changed my pawn's look the other day. I realize that getting a real-life feel is near impossible, given the lack of.hair options, but I'm content that he looks like me to a degree. My main kinda looks like Scarlett Johansson. Yes I made a female main, she's hot.

TASTY!
Akanbe-

Cheap? I paid a lot for this hat!

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #223 on: May 13, 2013, 06:00:37 PM »

If I buy the regular version for cheap to try it out, am I missing out on anything great?  Obviously the new dungeon, but classes? gameplay changes?

Also sad face that this isn't on Steam.

"Karma is...secret top tier"~Starmongoose
PSN ID: Akanbe9
Parn

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #224 on: May 13, 2013, 07:09:11 PM »

They made several improvements, ranging from improved performance to better (earned) fast travel options.  All the DLC from the original game is included, and the new dungeon adds a lot of gameplay.  Considering the expansion plus the core game is only $40, it's seriously a fantastic bargain.

Can't guarantee enjoyment, as some people don't like the combat which is just mindblowing to me, but people like what they like.  The game takes the Dark/Demon Souls approach of minimal direct explanation, so don't expect any cinematic flair to the delivery.  You'll only get as much story from the game as you're willing to search for.  The combat is what really sets this game apart from its peers.
Pages: 1 ... 13 14 [15] 16 17 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: